Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? (17051 Views)

Bring TB. Joshua's Body Home For Burial - Ondo Youths Tell Family / Coffin ''Refuses'' To Enter Zambian Church Building For Burial (Photos) / DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Uhomanbulus110(f): 11:17am On Nov 05, 2017
What does it means let the death burial their death
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Modenzy: 11:17am On Nov 05, 2017
MikkyDaniel:

Let the dead bury their dead

Hmmmmmmmm
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by ashawopikin(m): 11:21am On Nov 05, 2017
XXLDICK:

Go to your cult-like section and preach Islam, not here
dont mind him, muslim think they have an opinion, moon worshipping, terrorist cult group
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 05, 2017
Adeoba10:

What about those who were born before Jesus? How will they see the FATHER?

Jesus always existed.

Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Proverbs 8:23
"From everlasting I was established, From the beginning, from the earliest times of the earth.

Luke 24:53
praising God continually in the temple.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:2
He was with God in the beginning.

John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 8:58
"Truly, truly, I tell you," Jesus declared, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

John 17:5
And now, Father, glorify Me in Your presence with the glory I had with You before the world existed.

Romans 9:5
Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them proceeds the human descent of Christ, who is God over all, forever worthy of praise! Amen.

Philippians 2:6
Who, existing in the form of God, did not consider equality with God something to cling to,

Colossians 1:15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by hadizadeezy(f): 11:23am On Nov 05, 2017
Adeoba10:

Then ignore d extremist and answer that question to prove d extremist wrong....
I tire o, this is a very big shame to the religion o....How I wish the op never created this thread...chai

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Dnockeror333(m): 11:24am On Nov 05, 2017
God calls for simplicity and moderacy in everything.The use of big above N70-N100,000 coffin is unwarranted and it is a waste of fund for those still living.

By this I am not driving off their creators from the market o! But why buy a costly well decorated coffin for a person and after 10days below ground it would have been spoiled by warms and termites?

Why even put your relations body in a mortuary to be washed daily and their naked objects grubbed with hands that knew no mercy? Is it because of Money? What does a dead loving one need money for?

"Bury me, some hours after death in a Baobab tied together, I do not need wood carved with metals! Do not wash me, nor touch or pull off my cloth!"

Put the body in honour to the ground, for "from the ground it came and to the ground it need return!"- The Words of Genesis
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by shittufarukumar(m): 11:25am On Nov 05, 2017
S/he couldn't find it inthe bible may be because the version s/he reads is 2007 edition
But nevertheless you state the procedures since you are sure its in the bible
NinoDeDios:
If you're a Christian, and I'm assuming you are, what exactly is stopping you from opening the Bible and reading it to find out for yourself? Surely you would find a more accurate answer from the source than a third party. It's this kind of attitude, the unwillingness to learn the scriptures for ourselves, that prevents spiritual maturity and leads many into the hands of deceivers and swindlers. Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by XXLDICK(m): 11:29am On Nov 05, 2017
Caseless:
dispute his point with facts.
Wetin concern me.
I'm not a Christian
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by shittufarukumar(m): 11:32am On Nov 05, 2017
Because this forum is religion and the other is islam for muslim
anitank:
I have one quick question:

Why is it that Muslims can comment on Christian threads at will, but Christians have to swear to Allah to comment on a Muslim thread??

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Kingbusssy(m): 11:33am On Nov 05, 2017
XXLDICK:
laugh in Chinese O'boy answer the question above jor

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Exciton(m): 11:34am On Nov 05, 2017
Some people basically want a rule book covering every single step in life. What then is the fun in living if billions of people are to repeat the same thing over and over and over??

Of what use is culture if some religion is meant to direct every aspect of people's lives? It's like religion ultimately turns to culture and national identity.

This is very common in Islamization history. [Archaic tongue] Rules for everything. A way of life that erodes the indigenous culture of those who practice it, and over time they all see themselves as [or secretly see themselves and wish to be] "Arabs". Same, but to a far lesser extent, in Christian regions.

Most importantly, unlike culture and non-theocratic state laws which slowly changes over time, religious laws are almost immutable. This is the ultimate reason that I dislike most religions. I think it makes people have a very rigid world view, intolerant, and poor adaptability necessary for the survival of the human race.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 05, 2017
shittufarukumar:
no It doesnt. Because it didn't touch every aspect of humans life
TRU TALK
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Dnockeror333(m): 11:38am On Nov 05, 2017
canalily:
When one dies burn the corpse nd burry the ash

Thats an Indian method of burying the dead, and I really like it. But the air pollution? Cremation...
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Lordcenturion2(m): 11:40am On Nov 05, 2017
Majesty08:

So who created Adam and eve........ abi dey created themselves according to ur illiteracy ko?

I want me to enlighten ur rotten brain, but I won't do that, instead of u to ask me to shed some light to it but instead ask in an arrogant way, go and find out yourself
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Dnockeror333(m): 11:41am On Nov 05, 2017
Lord of Tarzan...! You really break bones! Your belief is a belief. And, beliefs are religion!
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by africanusvu(m): 11:42am On Nov 05, 2017
Bible have no burial process. It is strictly culture that determines it.so far it have no fetish ritual. Burial is all abt culture and doctrine of denominations

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Emmanes: 11:43am On Nov 05, 2017
I THINK THERE ARE NOT MUCH PROCEDURES FOR BUHARI. THE MAIN THING IS THAT THE DEAD PERSON IS GIVEN A PROPER BUHARI
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by anitank(f): 11:43am On Nov 05, 2017
shittufarukumar:
Because this forum is religion and the other is islam for muslim
If I can read clearly, topic says biblical procedures and not religious procedures...but then what do I know?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by shittufarukumar(m): 11:44am On Nov 05, 2017
ashawopikin:
dont mind him, muslim think they have an opinion, moon worshipping, terrorist cult group
this is one doomed jahiliy(ignorant fool)grin

The moon is an Islamic calender in other words we use it to read day and months

That means to say we flow with nature we are stagnant like other religions are forward ever backward never
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by lawman88(m): 11:47am On Nov 05, 2017
toltee4real:
I am deeply concern as regards the dictate of Christianity as a religion, the guides and procedures for burying our dead relatives. I found it necessary to bring it up here as the Muslims has a unique way of handling it. Does bible stipulates any guidance?

The bible respect peoples culture and tradition, that is why marriage during the time of Jesus was done according to the tradition of the Jews. Also, Lazarus was buried according to the tradition of the Jews and even Jesus was buried in Jews traditional way. Bury your dead according to the tradition of your people. Don't compare Christianity and Islam. Islam is a cult, Christianity is Christ

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by shittufarukumar(m): 11:47am On Nov 05, 2017
anitank:

If I can read clearly, topic says biblical procedures and not religious procedures...but then what do I know?
have any of you been able to give him/her an answer?
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Rompio(m): 11:48am On Nov 05, 2017
iamgenius:

Western culture will tell you how to do it. Remember,christianity is the religion of the WEST.

In Islam, Allah teaches us everything that has to do with ourselves and our living. But some Christians will say: What kind of Religion is Islam that doesn't Allow us to think on our own.
Then we ask them; DID YOU CREATE YOURSELF? YOUR CREATOR said this is what I want, why don't you want and obey His Commandments?

If Allah(God) leaves us to do everything on our own, there will be more MISCHIEVOUS ACTS on the earth. Think of it; When GOD created Adam and his Wife (peace be upon both of them), God warned them not to eat the forbidden fruit. That's a simple warning to them, and they both erred.

Assuming God didn't warn them, then they shouldn't be punished for eating the fruits.

GOD IS OUR CREATOR, HE KNOWS WHAT IS BEST FOR US.

God said: Sura 5 - Ayat 90

O People who Believe! Wine (all intoxicants), and gambling, and idols, and the darts are impure – the works of Satan, therefore keep avoiding them so that you may succeed.

Thats one of the warnings of Allah.

ISLAM IS THE ONLY RELIGION THAT TOUCHES EVERY ASPECT OF HUMAN LIFE.

MAY GOD GUIDE US TO THE STRAIGHT PATH.
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by canalily(m): 11:49am On Nov 05, 2017
Dnockeror333:

Thats an Indian method of burying the dead, and I really like it. But the air pollution? Cremation...
forget abt pollution.
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by walls01: 11:53am On Nov 05, 2017
iamgenius:

Western culture will tell you how to do it. Remember,christianity is the religion of the WEST.

In Islam, Allah teaches us everything that has to do with ourselves and our living. But some Christians will say: What kind of Religion is Islam that doesn't Allow us to think on our own.
Then we ask them; DID YOU CREATE YOURSELF? YOUR CREATOR said this is what I want, why don't you want and obey His Commandments?

If Allah(God) leaves us to do everything on our own, there will be more MISCHIEVOUS ACTS on the earth. Think of it; When GOD created Adam and his Wife (peace be upon both of them), God warned them not to eat the forbidden fruit. That's a simple warning to them, and they both erred.

Assuming God didn't warn them, then they shouldn't be punished for eating the fruits.

O People who Believe! Wine (all intoxicants), and gambling, and idols, and the darts are impure – the works of Satan, therefore keep avoiding them so that you may succeed.

a carefully edited book the Koran
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Dnockeror333(m): 11:54am On Nov 05, 2017
canalily:
forget abt pollution.

I can say nothing but smile at my jangling Lily! (I do not say `Lol' because I do not like using spoiled abreviations)
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by walls01: 11:56am On Nov 05, 2017
saraki2019:
anyone buried without the acknowledgement will go to hell
WHY YOU don't need jesus
“I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel” (Matthew 15:24).
Jesus selected Jewish disciples, spoke in Jewish synagogues and the Jewish temple, and traveled mostly in Jewish areas. His mission, in fulfillment of the Jewish prophets, was to the Jewish people.
“a Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, ‘Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly’” (Matthew 15:22).
This Gentile woman recognized Jesus as the Messiah (“Son of David”), but “Jesus did not answer a word” (verse 23). As the woman kept up her appeals, Jesus finally responded, but His words seemed to hold little hope: “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel” (verse 24)
Jesus’ concern for Israel was shown in the instructions to the twelve disciples as He sent them out on their first preaching mission. “Do not go in the way of the Gentiles,” He said, “and do not enter any city of the Samaritans; but rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel” (Matt 10:5-6).
and is lam comfirmed it
And [mention] when Jesus, the son of Mary, said, "O children of Israel, indeed I am the messenger of Allah to you confirming what came before me of the Torah and bringing good tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name is Ahmad." But when he came to them with clear evidences, they said, "This is obvious magic." quran 61:6

this is why we africans and the other races do not jesus or christainity
we need islam sent to the whole of the world
the qur'an confirms it
(oh muhammad) We have not sent thee, save as a mercy unto all beings. quran (21:107)

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Rompio(m): 11:58am On Nov 05, 2017
From dust we were made and to dust we shall return.....
Na u Sabi the method u can use to berry dead bodies but we are all going back to dust.

Perhaps Muhammed is not from Nigeria and Islam and Christianity was brought to Nigeria, imagine Nigeria people who live in a hot weather want to do according to what religion ask them to do and they started dressing like people who live in a cold weather in Saudi Arabia...
Do you know what that connote??
Go and ask fela kuti.......... U go suffer, na sweat go kill u.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by walls01: 11:59am On Nov 05, 2017
Lordcenturion2:

Who told you that Allah or jehova is the creator of human?
Are u there when they are creating?, it's not today that propaganda has been flying around, this kind of alaha/jehova(or any other gods) story is just like normal tortoise story, humans want their gods, their beliefs to take credits for what they know nothing about, adam/eve gave birth to humanity,all this thing are all lies, if this God wants us to worship him, there is nothing stop him from creating only one religion, now we have more than 5k religion with different beliefs, the same white couples (adam/eve) produced both blacks and Asian people (Chinese, Japanese etc) who form their own group according to their appearances and looks ... See, you can buried your corpse the way u know or the way u understand, if u like, cremate it, if u like bury it immediately, if u like bury it after 50years, if u like, u can mummified it ,if u like throw it for animals to feed on it, if u like throw it into the ocean/river , if u like eat it, there is no offence In all this the fact u don't allow the corpse to create diseases to others ..humans and their gods they believe in creates all this law, alot of people has died in a different way....

you used your own wisdom to ascertain whether God created the world and you come to the conclusion no. but you did not tell us how the world begins from your own wisdom

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by doffman: 12:00pm On Nov 05, 2017
lawman88:

The bible respect peoples culture and tradition, that is why marriage during the time of Jesus was done according to the tradition of the Jews. Also, Lazarus was buried according to the tradition of the Jews and even Jesus was buried in Jews traditional way. Bury your dead according to the tradition of your people. Don't compare Christianity and Islam. Islam is a cult, Christianity is Christ
A normal religion should teach total ways of life. Such religion should be able to tell us good cultral practice and bad cultural practice.
You cannot just say you should respect any country culture. What of if such country culture is demonlish in nature.
Just sit down in one Corner joor..
Christianity is man made religion if you did not know

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by hikmojj(m): 12:00pm On Nov 05, 2017
XXLDICK:
Haba.... we be student of knowledge name!
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by walls01: 12:01pm On Nov 05, 2017
wabbyland:
ISLAM IS THE ONLY RELIGION THAT TOUCHES EVERY ASPECT OF HUMAN LIFE. brotherly, u were making sense then u spoilt it with sentiment. that's being judgemental and taking sides by comparing the Christianity with Islam. Does ur religion tell u to judge?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by iykomo666(m): 12:04pm On Nov 05, 2017
iamgenius:

do us some favour and get out of here

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pope Benedict Announces Shocking conversion To Islam / If God Grants You Just One Wish, What Would It Be? / Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.