Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? (17049 Views)

Bring TB. Joshua's Body Home For Burial - Ondo Youths Tell Family / Coffin ''Refuses'' To Enter Zambian Church Building For Burial (Photos) / DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by bahaushe1: 12:05pm On Nov 05, 2017
Lordcenturion2:

Who told you that Allah or jehova is the creator of human?
Are u there when they are creating?, it's not today that propaganda has been flying around, this kind of alaha/jehova(or any other gods) story is just like normal tortoise story, humans want their gods, their beliefs to take credits for what they know nothing about, adam/eve gave birth to humanity,all this thing are all lies, if this God wants us to worship him, there is nothing stop him from creating only one religion, now we have more than 5k religion with different beliefs, the same white couples (adam/eve) produced both blacks and Asian people (Chinese, Japanese etc) who form their own group according to their appearances and looks ... See, you can buried your corpse the way u know or the way u understand, if u like, cremate it, if u like bury it immediately, if u like bury it after 50years, if u like, u can mummified it ,if u like throw it for animals to feed on it, if u like throw it into the ocean/river , if u like eat it, there is no offence In all this the fact u don't allow the corpse to create diseases to others ..humans and their gods they believe in creates all this law, alot of people has died in a different way....

Who created Adam and Eve then?

Allaah created man in order to test him. Those who pass His test will be rewarded while those who fail will be punished on the day of resurrection. The essence of creation (test) wouldn't make sense had Allaah created us under one religion.
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by shittufarukumar(m): 12:06pm On Nov 05, 2017
walls01:

a carefully edited book the Koran
let me put an end to your misery

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by dombroski: 12:06pm On Nov 05, 2017
saraki2019:
anyone buried without the acknowledgement will go to hell
WHY YOU don't need jesus
“I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel” (Matthew 15:24).
Jesus selected Jewish disciples, spoke in Jewish synagogues and the Jewish temple, and traveled mostly in Jewish areas. His mission, in fulfillment of the Jewish prophets, was to the Jewish people.
“a Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, ‘Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly’” (Matthew 15:22).
This Gentile woman recognized Jesus as the Messiah (“Son of David”), but “Jesus did not answer a word” (verse 23). As the woman kept up her appeals, Jesus finally responded, but His words seemed to hold little hope: “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel” (verse 24)
Jesus’ concern for Israel was shown in the instructions to the twelve disciples as He sent them out on their first preaching mission. “Do not go in the way of the Gentiles,” He said, “and do not enter any city of the Samaritans; but rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel” (Matt 10:5-6).
and is lam comfirmed it
And [mention] when Jesus, the son of Mary, said, "O children of Israel, indeed I am the messenger of Allah to you confirming what came before me of the Torah and bringing good tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name is Ahmad." But when he came to them with clear evidences, they said, "This is obvious magic." quran 61:6

this is why we africans and the other races do not jesus or christainity
we need islam sent to the whole of the world
the qur'an confirms it
(oh muhammad) We have not sent thee, save as a mercy unto all beings. quran (21:107)

It is quite interesting and yet funny how you are able to quote verses of the Bible and at the same time, give it your own interpretation. However it is pitiable that you, just like the Ethiopian eunuch do not and cannot understand what have read and quoted. But keep reading. I pray one day, that the Holy Spirit will open your inner eyes. Have a good day

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by iamgenius(m): 12:09pm On Nov 05, 2017
XXLDICK:

Go to your cult-like section and preach Islam, not here
Noted. But we don't want you to rot in hell.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by canalily(m): 12:10pm On Nov 05, 2017
Dnockeror333:

I can say nothing but smile at my jangling Lily! (I do not say `Lol' because I do not like using spoiled abreviations)
and your point is undecided
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by iamgenius(m): 12:11pm On Nov 05, 2017
kwovadisdomine:

ISLAM IS THE RELIGION OF WHO/WHAT?

Religion of Your Creator, My Creator and The Creator of all that exist.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by doffman: 12:11pm On Nov 05, 2017
Valmesk:
Most Christians through the centuries have wanted to be buried after death with a ceremony that proclaims the message of resurrection; that ceremony, containing various rites and traditions, has come to be known as “Christian burial.”
Christian burial is not an explicitly biblical term. The Bible doesn't give instructions on how a body should be handled after death. In the cultures of Bible times, burial in a tomb, cave, or in the ground was the common way to dispose of a human body (Genesis 23:19; 35:4; 2 Chronicles 16:14; Matthew 27:60–66). The most common mode of burial in the Bible was to place the dead in above-ground tombs, for those who could afford it. For those who could not afford it, bodies were buried in the ground. In the New Testament, above-ground tombs were still reserved as burial places for the wealthy. This is why Jesus, who had no earthly wealth at all, was buried in a borrowed tomb (Matthew 27:57–60).

Today, obeying the laws of the land regarding corpses is a significant consideration. Laws vary from country to country.Christians are to obey the government authorities, laws regarding the disposing of a body must be followed. The fact that Jews and early Christians practiced burial exclusively is enough to persuade some people to choose burial today. In the end, it is best to leave that decision to the family of the deceased.

The method used to dispose of a body is not nearly as important as the truth behind the concept of Christian burial: that the body is no longer housing the person who has died. Paul describes our bodies as “tents,” that is, temporary abodes. “Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands” (2 Corinthians 5:1). When Jesus returns, Christians will be raised to life, and our bodies will be transformed to glorified, eternal bodies. “So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power” (1 Corinthians 15:42–43).

The Bible doesn't give instructions on how a body should be handled after death.

Thanks very much..
This is what we want to confirm

Other sentences in your write up are nonsense.
A religion that do not cater about how dead people will be taken care of , how will such religion cater for your heareafter.
I pity your ignorance.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by iamgenius(m): 12:14pm On Nov 05, 2017
scaramucci:

If what Muslims(majority) are doing is what Allah asked them to do then I would rather never be a Muslim.
We are human beings, we are subjected to err at times. We are not created to be perfect.

Allah didn't ask us to be violent as some Muslims do nowadays.

It's better you become a Muslim sir.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by iamgenius(m): 12:14pm On Nov 05, 2017
shaddoww:

Alaye, Allah abi Mohammed?
Ni kinni?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by iamgenius(m): 12:17pm On Nov 05, 2017
walls01:

a carefully edited book the Koran
Edited book? Quran is the Word of Allah in a written form.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by bahaushe1: 12:19pm On Nov 05, 2017
twilliamx:
The bible does not really emphasise on burial, it emphasises more on what matters which is making heaven, life after death, islam can lay emphasis on burial because it is a worldly religion, but the basis of Christianity is making eternal life. If they like let them dump your body in hot oil. Remember that most of Jesus disciple died horrible deaths with most of their bodies mutilated.
The bible does not give respect to the flesh, but the spirit, Islam can respect the flesh all they want but we must give more attention to our souls which is what matters to God. They can throw me in the canal when am dead for all I care but may God not throw my soul in hell..

I like your openness in admitting that the authors of your 'holy' book omitted this aspect.

As for the difference between soul and flesh, I want ask these questions:

What will God resurrect on the day of judgement, soul or both soul and flesh?

What will be admitted to heaven, soul or both soul and flesh?

What will be punished in hell, soul or both soul and flesh?

Islam dignify humans even in death, that inform our decent burial.

Islam is a complete way of life, it didn't leave anything to guessing.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by iamgenius(m): 12:19pm On Nov 05, 2017
iykomo666:
do us some favour and get out of here
Okay, sir. Could you please help the OP out. Abi you want him to dump their deaf body for dogs to eat?
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Dnockeror333(m): 12:24pm On Nov 05, 2017
canalily:
grin
canalily:

`Ayam" just understanding you are a nice invisible lily, who pelt me with bread, and whom, understanding my words, told me of `no need for pollution'. And that by smiling I gave in to petulence!

The dead, flesh-dead, are spiritually alife and living.

Like a snake pulling off its skin, we human put off our flesh to stand within the furfiture of Judgement.

Hence flesh that was taking from the Earth would return to the Earth one way or the other to enter gory or glory by the past works of their flesh.

`Lily, am a bee, why not touch my beak lets fly to meet a feild of rose?'
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 05, 2017
shittufarukumar:
no It doesnt. Because it didn't touch every aspect of humans life
Will you get out of this place How much of the Bible do you know?
The Bible doesn't cover every aspect of human lives but everything happening today is clearly stated in the Bible. Please get out of this thread with your blasphemy.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 05, 2017
wabbyland:
ISLAM IS THE ONLY RELIGION THAT TOUCHES EVERY ASPECT OF HUMAN LIFE. brotherly, u were making sense then u spoilt it with sentiment. that's being judgemental and taking sides by comparing the Christianity with Islam. Does ur religion tell u to judge?
Tell him!
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by bahaushe1: 12:26pm On Nov 05, 2017
scaramucci:

If what Muslims(majority) are doing is what Allah asked them to do then I would rather never be a Muslim.

Of course we have challenges and not all that we do are prescribed by Allaah but we are only humans. Allaah Has perfected His religion but we certainly are not perfect.

Study the scripture and the practice of the early generations of Muslims if you want to know Islam in it is correct undistorted form.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by captainpower(m): 12:27pm On Nov 05, 2017
Let the dead bury themselves. Why will you give importance to a dead body that will rotten after some weeks without minding where the spirit will go? Do you think God is after our bodies that are made of dusts after we die?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Dnockeror333(m): 12:28pm On Nov 05, 2017
canalily:
grin
canalily:

`Ayam' just understanding that you are a nice invisible Lily, who pelt me with bread. And that understanding my words, you told me of `no need for pollution' and smiling I gave in to petulence!

The dead, flesh-dead are spiritually alife and living. (FOR God is not a God of the dead!) Like a snake pulling of its skin, we human put off our flesh to stand within the furfiture of Judgement. Hence flesh that was taking from the Earth would return to the Earth one way or the other by death, that the former human soul may arise from whence it came at birth back to God who made them.

Can I kiss your lily nlips now?

`Lily, am a bee, why not touch my beak lets fly to meet a feild of rose?'
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 05, 2017
I heard it before that in the Christian Bible "the wages of sin is death" bla bla.
So, I think the bible wouldn't say anything about how to bury the dead because only the sinners die.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by hikmojj(m): 12:30pm On Nov 05, 2017
Lordcenturion2:

Who told you that Allah or jehova is the creator of human?
Are u there when they are creating?, it's not today that propaganda has been flying around, this kind of alaha/jehova(or any other gods) story is just like normal tortoise story, humans want their gods, their beliefs to take credits for what they know nothing about, adam/eve gave birth to humanity,all this thing are all lies, if this God wants us to worship him, there is nothing stop him from creating only one religion, now we have more than 5k religion with different beliefs, the same white couples (adam/eve) produced both blacks and Asian people (Chinese, Japanese etc) who form their own group according to their appearances and looks ... See, you can buried your corpse the way u know or the way u understand, if u like, cremate it, if u like bury it immediately, if u like bury it after 50years, if u like, u can mummified it ,if u like throw it for animals to feed on it, if u like throw it into the ocean/river , if u like eat it, there is no offence In all this the fact u don't allow the corpse to create diseases to others ..humans and their gods they believe in creates all this law, alot of people has died in a different way....

what is your point sir?
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by omokab: 12:31pm On Nov 05, 2017
If
XXLDICK:

Go to your cult-like section and preach Islam, not here
if he should not preach then please tell us how to bury a christian after he/she died. You can also tell us biblical part of how to do naming,wedding and other part of life. Islam is the only true religion that touches every aspect of life which make it a unique rand complete religion from almighty Allah.
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by udatso: 12:32pm On Nov 05, 2017
Now I can see the source of the anger of Christians. Iamgenius you are not helping the situation at all. This is supposed to be a Christian thread and here you are bringing Islam into it. to know how one truly feels, you have to wear the persons shoes. Don't you feel offended when they come to our threads sticking their mouths in topics that have nothing to do with them? Today is their day. If you must comment, keep Islam out of it.
whats more painful is the fact that they Can't comment in our section without declaring themselves Muslims. Let's be fair in our dealings with all.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by ashawopikin(m): 12:32pm On Nov 05, 2017
shittufarukumar:
this is one doomed jahiliy(ignorant fool)grin

The moon is an Islamic calender in other words we use it to read day and months

That means to say we flow with nature we are stagnant like other religions are forward ever backward never
e don pain am, what do want to do, throw bomb at me? because dats what u guys do, bunch of exttemists

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by bahaushe1: 12:43pm On Nov 05, 2017
jaychubi:

Did d Bible state dt u shld use d internet, use ur God given brain and stop asking senseless questions

He asked sensible question and should be answered.

Burial ritual is a religious act and MUST be sanctioned by religious injunctions.

Internet usage is not a religious act and should therefore not be guided by religious injunctions. It only come under religious supervision if it violates religious practices.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by iamgenius(m): 12:48pm On Nov 05, 2017
udatso:
Now I can see the source of the anger of Christians. Iamgenius you are not helping the situation at all. This is supposed to be a Christian thread and here you are bringing Islam into it. to know how one truly feels, you have to wear the persons shoes. Don't you feel offended when they come to our threads sticking their mouths in topics that have nothing to do with them? Today is their day. If you must comment, keep Islam out of it.
whats more painful is the fact that they Can't comment in our section without declaring themselves Muslims. Let's be fair in our dealings with all.

Okay, I understand. Whenever you have the CHANCE to preach to anybody about Allah, you don't have to delay it. This is a situation between Hell and Aljannah.

Don't you see sincerity in the Post of the OP?
Only sincere people who really want to know who their Creator is ask such questions.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by zeenbayee: 12:50pm On Nov 05, 2017
Funny how at this age, some so called Christians remain immature and fail to listen to the Holy Spirit who was meant to teach and guide us in all things....

Since you've been going to church, how has burial been carried out?

If you feel Christianity is a basis for pointless religious argument, then you've failed at this...Christianity ain't a religion, it is a way of life, sorry u cannot be a Christian until you live the life of Christ: check out the apostles in Antioch.

I wonder if those other religious response is actually bringing peace now or causing more conflict to proof a point.
God help us all to do the right thing before we eventually also get to be buried also.
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by iamgenius(m): 12:53pm On Nov 05, 2017
twilliamx:
The bible does not really emphasise on burial, it emphasises more on what matters which is making heaven, life after death, islam can lay emphasis on burial because it is a worldly religion, but the basis of Christianity is making eternal life. If they like let them dump your body in hot oil. Remember that most of Jesus disciple died horrible deaths with most of their bodies mutilated.
The bible does not give respect to the flesh, but the spirit, Islam can respect the flesh all they want but we must give more attention to our souls which is what matters to God. They can throw me in the canal when am dead for all I care but may God not throw my soul in hell..
Please stop eating food, it's only good for the body.
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by bahaushe1: 12:53pm On Nov 05, 2017
PrecisionFx:

We have been burying our dead long before the white man came with their religion.
This is a useless, senseless n baseless post.

Stop dogging the question. Answer him.
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 05, 2017
iamgenius:

We are human beings, we are subjected to err at times. We are not created to be perfect.

Allah didn't ask us to be violent as some Muslims do nowadays.

It's better you become a Muslim sir.

I am a Christian. Tell me why is better to become a Muslim?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Advice For Backsliding Christians. / Pope Benedict Announces Shocking conversion To Islam / If God Grants You Just One Wish, What Would It Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.