Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why (49387 Views)

"I’m too young to have a boyfriend" – Priscilla Ojo / I Don’t Have A Boyfriend — Pretty Actress, Jumoke Odetola (Photos) / Adekunle Gold: "I Was Dating A Girl That Had A Boyfriend And I Did Not Know" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by purem(m): 8:57am On Nov 05, 2017
tongue
Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by ekensi01: 8:59am On Nov 05, 2017
ajaniepp:
Expectedly, beauty queens are not permitted to be in a relationship during their reign. Most of them claim they abide by that rule, including the current Miss Nigeria, Chioma Obiadi.

When Saturday Beats asked the young beauty queen how she has been able to cope with that, she said it was just a protective measure put in place for her to stay away from scandals and other “unnecessary things.”

She said, “One needs to be protected against scandals. Some of these scandals come from people who you are close to and trust. It is just a protective clause to help me to be better.”

According to her, it will be hard to keep a relationship as she has been overwhelmed with both her school’s activities and her role as Miss Nigeria. But then, the pretty girl said the clause has not hindered guys from stalking her.

She added, “I have stalkers. Every girl has a stalker, but I feel God has given us a way to handle it without hurting anyone. I was not even in a relationship before becoming Miss Nigeria. I have been jostling between school and Miss Nigeria, so I barely have time.

“The way I handle men now is pretty much the same way I handled men before I won the pageant. I have been a girl all through my life and I feel all girls get pressure from men. Like I said earlier, the organisation is very protective. So, they have in a way protected me from unnecessary exposure. If they feel an exposure is not good for me, they don’t let me experience it.”

She, however, admitted that winning Miss Nigeria was her turning point, as her life became better and her ideas became bigger than they used to be.

“The lowest point is learning how to be patient, especially with the environmental battle I’ve embarked on. It is very tough. We had a beach cleanup two weeks ago and before we finished cleaning up half of it, the other part which was already cleaned up had been messed up again. That was very frustrating, so it takes patience and passion for one to actually keep doing that.”

The beauty queen said she intends to complete her education once she is through with her reign.

“I don’t believe in starting up something when you are not ready for it. I believe you have to lay your bed properly before you lie on it. I have a couple of business ideas, but I have yet to make up my mind. I don’t feel bad that the spotlight will be off from me soon. I wish I could still hold on to it because once you’ve eaten sugar, you don’t want to stop. But don’t forget that if you keep eating sugar, you will get diabetes.

I think I have had my own share and I have gathered things I can tap from to become whoever I want to be. The wise thing for me is to grow and become a greater person. I am just looking forward to handing over to the next Miss Nigeria.”

Already the search for the next Miss Nigeria has begun and the organizers told Saturday Beats that even though the event was rested for about 20 years, it is here to stay.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/punchng.com/why-im-not-allowed-to-have-a-boyfriend-miss-nigeria/amp/
Then she don't need a husband too.

After she retires, she should go and join a charity organization okqua y'a?
Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by dreh17(m): 9:03am On Nov 05, 2017
CEEcey:
I support the organization decision

If you are financially ok, you have no need for boyfriend

Boyfriends are for financial and sexual needs only!!

Stupidest thing I've ever read..... you're so qualified for stupid beating..... ewu

4 Likes

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by biacan(f): 9:03am On Nov 05, 2017
rawpadgin:
here we go again
Wen u state the obvious truth they say u are being disrespectful
Women!
Men learn how to give your wives listening ears
Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by muller101(m): 9:06am On Nov 05, 2017
CEEcey:

if u are not financially ok then u need a boyfriend. No wonder ladies are mostly used for rituals.

4 Likes

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 05, 2017
It's at best an inaccurate aphorism to say men use love to get sex and women use sex to get love...a more accurate aphorism is that men use power to get sex and women use sex to get power...what's love gat to do with it
Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by shankara7: 9:08am On Nov 05, 2017
rawpadgin:
this was the problem I was having with my ex.......

These ladies thinks because a guy love em, so he should eat all the poo of this world

SMH
Hilarious
Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by oodualover: 9:11am On Nov 05, 2017
This is miss Nigeria? The girl is not fine.
Wowo thing

1 Like

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by Yonce(f): 9:11am On Nov 05, 2017
CEEcey:

Stop giving women a bad name please. cry
Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by dview001(m): 9:13am On Nov 05, 2017
So in other words since u won d pageant... d!ck neva message your Toto
Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by Slayer2: 9:14am On Nov 05, 2017
rawpadgin:
yes, even me

LOL

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by dview001(m): 9:14am On Nov 05, 2017
So in other words since u won d pageant... d!ck neva massage your Toto
Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by rawpadgin(m): 9:16am On Nov 05, 2017
biacan:
Men learn how to give your wives listening ears
biacan, sometimes i can't help but ponder on how our marital life will be like

In fact, i nor wan marry again embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by biacan(f): 9:21am On Nov 05, 2017
rawpadgin:
biacan, sometimes i can't help but ponder on how our marital life will like

In fact, i nor wan marry again embarassed
You can't do these to me after all I've done for you

2 Likes

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by johncallidon(m): 9:21am On Nov 05, 2017
biacan:
Don't let the organisation decide for you........ some men are very understanding and respectful if you come across a guy who truly loves you and he's ready to embrace what you in for please give him a chance
Well said buh here is the main fact.

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by karzyharsky(m): 9:22am On Nov 05, 2017
mosegifted:
Rashford should start because he has the pace to out run chelsea Defenders, then on the second half when most of the Defenders must have gotten tired then martial should be introduced into the game to finish work... my thought though

make I give u mourinho phone number?

1 Like

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by rawpadgin(m): 9:22am On Nov 05, 2017
biacan:
You can't do these to me after all I've done for you
don't worry, i will send u a blank cheque for all ur troubles
Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by biacan(f): 9:25am On Nov 05, 2017
rawpadgin:
don't worry, i will send u a blank cheque for all ur troubles
Plese I don't want to experience heart break these Sunday morning
Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by tdammy(m): 9:33am On Nov 05, 2017
CEEcey:

whaaaaaaaat!!!!
did U just typed that, well am not surprised that's actually the perception of most Nigerian Ladies/girls.

SEX&MONEY

#SMH
Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by Fakepastors: 9:39am On Nov 05, 2017
Stupid talk. So person no go fhok again
Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by Unlimited22: 9:40am On Nov 05, 2017
CEEcey:

And we wonder why Africa is like this with such parochial folks accounting for the bulk of our populace.
Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by Ssms(m): 9:48am On Nov 05, 2017
CEEcey:

guys don break Ds one heart into pieces grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by lloydmuna2(m): 9:50am On Nov 05, 2017
Thank God they said you should stay away from men (relationship) but please also stay away from lesbianism that's if you happen to be one make that decision and also stay away from cucumber and dick like object,,,,at least it will stop you from scandals of any form ,,Nndewo
Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by Leez(m): 9:50am On Nov 05, 2017
zenmaster:
cc Leez
Name Checkers cheesy cheesy
how can yemisi be dia grin
Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by Leez(m): 9:51am On Nov 05, 2017
zenmaster:
cc Leez
Name Checkers cheesy cheesy
grin grin of course ds aint ewedu eating contest na
Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by toseen7: 9:53am On Nov 05, 2017
CEEcey:
See comment..., if dem call you sex tool nah, you wee be crying.

3 Likes

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by Smytter(m): 9:55am On Nov 05, 2017
mosegifted:
Rashford should start because he has the pace to out run chelsea Defenders, then on the second half when most of the Defenders must have gotten tired then martial should be introduced into the game to finish work... my thought though
sugar is sweet---but if you continue having sugar, u will have diabeties
Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by oshaosha2014(m): 9:56am On Nov 05, 2017
but the organizers can destroy your under for that one year period.
Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by AuroraB(f): 10:03am On Nov 05, 2017
Request editing of your interview.
Which one is 'every girl has a stalker' undecided
Abeg oooooo
E never reach like that angry grin

1 Like

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by jarx: 10:07am On Nov 05, 2017
no boyfriend eeehnn? so they can start using cucumbers.... nonsense
Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by Amarabae(f): 10:11am On Nov 05, 2017
That's understandable.
Who boyfriend epp?
Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 05, 2017
mosegifted:

sorry bro, u will lose today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Desmond Elliot And Chioma Chukwuka Akpotha's Throwback Photo / Every Man Wants Me — Maria Chike (Pix) / Toolz Oniru Flaunts Purple Hair, Boobs But No Hips In New Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.