Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,477 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm (25247 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Leg?

Barcelona: 45% (83 votes)
Arsenal: 54% (100 votes)
Draw: 0% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

El-Clasico: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona. (2 - 1) - On 29th August 2012 / Copa Del Rey: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona (1 - 2) On Wed, 18th January 2012 / UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by underscore: 9:15pm On Mar 20, 2010
@ zero2, if you call Arsenal photocopy, fine by me.

Time will tell! 10 days away.

Hope you watched the strength of character in the team when the 10-man Arsenal rose to the occasion against West Ham this evening.

Ain't no stopping us now , we are in the groove!

ARSENAL means business!!!

Buyaka! Buyaka!! Buyaka!!!
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Marlbron: 9:32pm On Mar 20, 2010
Wenger will really need to be at his best to win this. Both sides play a good attacking style with Barca with the better players overall. This is like they say a dream match for the purist. For Barca, they will look to unleash Messi, Alves and Xavi on Arsenal. With Gallas still out due to injury, the Gunners will have their hands full. Strategy for the Gunners is to Mark out Messi and Alves as those two are central to barca stellar performance. But how do you mark out the world's best player for 90mins? Perhaps a right sided FB can play in the left FB position as Messi finds it easier to dribble left sided FBs. Just a thought. Any bright ideas out there?
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by underscore: 9:42pm On Mar 20, 2010
@ Marlbron, great stuff from you there!

But names don't win matches anymore, strategy does!

Why else will Real Madrid (who spent over $200m) with players like Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema et all crash out of the champions' league so early?
Strategy will speak.

I don't think Gallas will be too much of an issue.
Did you see how song easily filled Vermalen's shoes a few hours ago (against Westham)?
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by snowdrops(m): 9:51pm On Mar 20, 2010
Marlbron:

Wenger will really need to be at his best to win this. Both sides play a good attacking style with Barca with the better players overall. This is like they say a dream match for the purist. For Barca, they will look to unleash Messi, Alves and Xavi on Arsenal. With Gallas still out due to injury, the Gunners will have their hands full. Strategy for the Gunners is to[b] Mark out Messi and Alves as those two are central to barca stellar performance[/b]. But how do you mark out the world's best player for 90mins? Perhaps a right sided FB can play in the left FB position as Messi finds it easier to dribble left sided FBs. Just a thought. Any bright ideas out there?
And what about xavi and iniesta?
Those two can hold onto the ball for 24 hrs non-stop
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by enroe(m): 10:13pm On Mar 20, 2010
Arsenal vs Barcelona is just like
3sc vs Brazil
Bash Ali vs Paquiaio
Okada vs Range Sport
Black and white TV VS LCD
Rev. King VS Adeboye
Salawa VS Beyonce
Yaradua VS Obama, etc Dont dare
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by enroe(m): 10:27pm On Mar 20, 2010
underscore:

@ Marlbron, great stuff from you there!

But names don't win matches anymore, strategy does!

Why else will Real Madrid (who spent over $200m) with players like Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema et all crash out of the champions' league so early?
Strategy will speak.

I don't think Gallas will be too much of an issue.
Did you see how song easily filled Vermalen's shoes a few hours ago (against Westham)?
Thats true o names dont win in football but remember, Barca's foot walk will carry the day. 1 barca 1 World,
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by dazzy4real(m): 10:31pm On Mar 20, 2010
D asenal i knw b4 its nt arsenal of 2day.Give guners small team dey will trash dem bt wen dey meet gud team deir power don finish,gunners u cant win dis match.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by dazzy4real(m): 10:32pm On Mar 20, 2010
D asenal i knw b4 its nt arsenal of 2day.Give guners small team dey will trash dem bt wen dey meet gud team deir power don finish,gunners u cant win dis match.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by dazzy4real(m): 10:33pm On Mar 20, 2010
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by snowdrops(m): 10:49pm On Mar 20, 2010
dazzy4real:

dazzy4real:

dazzy4real:

We are not blind.
wew saw it the first time dear
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by toideve(m): 11:01pm On Mar 20, 2010
it would be easier for an elephant to pass through the hole of a needle than for Arsenal to beat Barcelona

I laff in Messi
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by rasputinn(m): 11:22pm On Mar 20, 2010
How fitting,the two best attacking sides in the world,I'll sure be treated to scintillating footie and a victory

GO ARSENAL
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by rawe45: 2:27am On Mar 21, 2010
THIS IS OUR CHANCE!!! GUNNERS FOR LYF!
smiley smiley cool wink grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Krayola(m): 3:34am On Mar 21, 2010
This can go either ways. I'm scared of Walcott and Arshavin. If walcott can get behind our defence one two many times, which is once, we can be fukced. No one on our team (any team) can catch him. Arshavin na another story, on a good day, with the space we leave behind, he can single handedly win it for Arsenal. .  We probably won't go all out at the Emirates. . . we'll just try to hold possession and and probe so they have to get many bodies behind the ball. Wenger also won't come all out. . . he knows better. . . It probably won't be the fireworks everybdy is expecting. . .  It'll be more of a chess match. I've missed a lot of football lately so I can't really say what Arsenal's current form is like but I know they've been doing pretty well.

Underestimating Arsenal is foolishness IMO.

That said, I trust my boys.  Dem go show una pepper.  wink
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by elowa: 7:00am On Mar 21, 2010
Marlbron:

Wenger will really need to be at his best to win this. Both sides play a good attacking style with Barca with the better players overall. This is like they say a dream match for the purist. For Barca, they will look to unleash Messi, Alves and Xavi on Arsenal. With Gallas still out due to injury, the Gunners will have their hands full. Strategy for the Gunners is to Mark out Messi and Alves as those two are central to barca stellar performance. But how do you mark out the world's best player for 90mins? Perhaps a right sided FB can play in the left FB position as Messi finds it easier to dribble left sided FBs. Just a thought. Any bright ideas out there?
snowdrops:

And what about xavi and iniesta?
Those two can hold onto the ball for 24 hrs non-stop
snowdrop spoke my thought, am sure chelsea can never forget iniesta. though arsenal is a tough meat for barca's teeth, cos am sure they wud have preferred a weaker team but i still tip barca over the two legs.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Deboi(m): 8:23am On Mar 21, 2010
Up barca
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:51am On Mar 21, 2010
The race is not to the swift. Neither the battle to the strong.

Time and chance happeneth to all.

I know messi etc etc. But pound 4 pound madrid have more quality then lyon yet they crashed at bernabeu. If it were so easy then d cup will be handed 2 the best team without kicking a ball. Havent barca lost games to teams lower than them this season? They are supposed 2 be the best no?

The team worth being truly worried about is bordeaux! The signs are ominous.
For barca, we shall see what we shall. If a man considers the giants on the way to success, he will never leave the spot of insignificance
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by RecentPost: 11:48am On Mar 21, 2010
Dont underate ARSENAL,they are unstoppable at the moment,barca are the favourite but football is not mathematics and i think this is another chelski vs inter
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Nelami(m): 12:22pm On Mar 21, 2010
All well said but i want all of us to stop all the noise and let's wait untill the end of 180mins
GUNNERS FOR LIFE.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by heroarams(m): 1:23pm On Mar 21, 2010
No matter what pple say arsenal has a choice i.e TO WIN.We have come this far and can't just give up now.
One victory to the A-R-S-E-N-A-L.
Everybody say "yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah".
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 21, 2010
God is an arsenal fan,
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by underscore: 6:11pm On Mar 21, 2010
Wait o! e be like say Na 11 Messi's Barca get? Se na only him go dey the pitch and Arshavin, Bendtner, Eduardo, Rosicky, Nasri, Walcott, Fabregas, Eboue, Diabi, etc go just stand for the middle of the pitch and watch Barca attack without attacking? Abi na Song, Denilson, Clichy, Sagna, Vermaelen, Silvestre/Gallas/Campbell go dey frozen for defense to allow messi, dey "mess" Almunia up. Or Almunia go just pose for middle of goal dey do photo shoot while Messi go dey do shooting practice for Arsenal goal? Don't you think the young lads want a famous win?
The only thing that will win both matches is STRATEGY!
Wenger doesn't lack that as shown in the 2-0 win over Westham (with 10 men) yesterday!
Warning: Never underate your opponents >>> complacency could be extremely costly!
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by mohid(m): 10:21pm On Mar 21, 2010
i think i prefer drawing barca to either Man Utd ,Bordx or Inter.Truth is arsenal is probably going to fare better playing a less physical side like barca,my worry is if Ibrahimovic does play he has a physical side to his game that Arsenal doesnt like.
On the whole i think the 1st leg at the emirates could decide this one.
If we can get a draw or a win in London i am certain we can deliver at camp nou,ppl fail to realise this team is hungry and young two healthy traits for achieving the impossible,the downside to it is cos they are young i dont think they ve the mental capacity to rise up if they lose at the emirates,of course my fear is with gallas out i dont think Sol is fast enough to stand a messi coming thru the middle.
I think Pep G is smart enuff 2 know that on the flanks both sagna and clichy can hold there own against Messi but i fear if he does come thru the middle he will cut thru us like hot knife on butter,speed is not one of Vermaleen assets and Sol is not the player he used to be.
Of course we cant afford to ve Song playing at Centre back, we need him in midfield cos thats where all the party is goin to be at(With iniesta and xavi).
That said, it feels good to hear all the furore this clash has been generating and i feel mightly proud to be a supporter of one of only two teams noted for good football.
Like henry said only two clubs play beautiful football and thats what w'll be havin for dinner on the nite of March31st, 'c’est magnifique football a la carte'.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by wendoworld(m): 10:24pm On Mar 21, 2010
all of una wey dey talk say the fixture be like 'son vs father', shey una never see where small pikin dey yeye im papa mate before?, those arsenal boys go disrespect and disgrace barca o  cool
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by eyoniggar(m): 11:18pm On Mar 21, 2010
For yall information. No Barca fan that I know
has come out here to make mouth regarding this
match. It is the gunnerz themselves that are making
speculations out of fear.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Scottx(m): 7:03am On Mar 22, 2010
Arsenal will win Barcelona. Exactly what happened to AC Millian is going to repeat its self.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by degubi(m): 7:38am On Mar 22, 2010
All this rumbling will end in the pitch. Arsenal cannot overcome Barcelona. Its not all about Messi alone, you have to struggle with Xavi, Iniesta (the two heartbeat of Barcelona midfield) Cesc cannot even break into Spain's team with these two around. You have Alves with his runs and crosses, you have Yaya Toure the bull, you have Ibra and Henry and Pedro, Kaita and a whole lot of players playing as a team, attacking you and wearing you out with their ball possesion. Messi scored a hat trick twice, how do you want to contain his running round the field?
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by rasputinn(m): 8:10am On Mar 22, 2010
Bring on Barca(BAR SA)
Y'all be surprised what's gunner happen
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by hola84: 8:48am On Mar 22, 2010
For real Arsenal will carry the day, to the Gunners in the house thumb up, we going to Gun Barca down,
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by zenus(m): 9:25am On Mar 22, 2010
Pls add pool to this thread
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by zenus(m): 9:26am On Mar 22, 2010
hola84:

For real Arsenal will carry the day, to the Gunners in the house thumb up, we going to Gun Barca down,
#

Sure.

Arsenal!
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by cydophobia(m): 11:05am On Mar 22, 2010
This arsenal fans are just consolling themself.They know how brutal barcelona is.They should forget abt anything can happen statement.cos my unstopable messi is going for the cup this season.
Up barca!!! smiley smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Norwich Vs Liverpool (0 - 1) - Live / Club Brugge Vs Manchester United: Europa League (1 - 1) Live / Chelsea Vs Sunderland (5 - 1) On 21st May 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.