Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,034 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm (25335 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Leg?

Barcelona: 45% (83 votes)
Arsenal: 54% (100 votes)
Draw: 0% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

El-Clasico: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona. (2 - 1) - On 29th August 2012 / Copa Del Rey: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona (1 - 2) On Wed, 18th January 2012 / UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by switch411(m): 10:38am On Mar 31, 2010
2.25 – The Gunners’ average goals per game in Europe this season. More than any other side - including Barcelona, who have notched up only a measly average of 1.5 goals per game.

18 – The number of goals scored by Arsenal in the Champions League so far this season. They are the tournament’s joint top scorers

5 – The number of assists by Andrey Arshavin in this year’s Champions League – more than by any other player in the tournament.

67 – The number of shots on target by the Gunners. That's more than any other Champions League club; Barcelona are third with 59.

If the north London side can maintain these impressive stats over the next two legs then those willing to bet on the red could come up winners – just like Cesc Fabregas & Co.

Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by bigfather(m): 10:40am On Mar 31, 2010
switch411:

2.25 – The Gunners’ average goals per game in Europe this season. More than any other side - including Barcelona, who have notched up only a measly average of 1.5 goals per game.

18 – The number of goals scored by Arsenal in the Champions League so far this season. They are the tournament’s joint top scorers

5 – The number of assists by Andrey Arshavin in this year’s Champions League – more than by any other player in the tournament.

67 – The number of shots on target by the Gunners. That's more than any other Champions League club; Barcelona are third with 59.

If the north London side can maintain these impressive stats over the next two legs then those willing to bet on the red could come up winners – just like Cesc Fabregas & Co.

Guy we nor dey talk of statistics here o. Abi na ADDMATHS you call am.  grin

The end will justify the means. Am sure you are one of those people that predicted doom for the BAYEN boys,but e don do like film yesterday. BARCA all the way !
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by switch411(m): 10:52am On Mar 31, 2010
big father:

Wenger: Messi is from another planet!

ARSENE Wenger knows Arsenal face a monumental task trying to stop Barcelona superstar Leo Messi.

And he freely admits: "He is on another planet."

The Argentinian World Player of the Year, 22, poses a monstrous threat to the Gunners' Champions League dream.

European Champions Barca come to the Emirates today with Messi in explosive form ahead of the quarter-final.

And Wenger readily reveals he is in awe of the Argentina genius.

He said: "You go to football to watch players like Messi. What he does is so beautiful it becomes art. What he does at his age, has never been seen before. To take the ball in the middle of the pitch and go score goals like he was in the school playground, it is just incredible.

"I was thinking a couple of years ago he couldn't go any higher but I am conscious that today, he's on another planet."

Messi was crowned European and World Player of the Year after leading Barcelona to an historic Treble last year.

He banged in 38 goals, including the clincher in the 2-0 Champions League final triumph over holders Manchester United in Rome.

This year he is again favourite to retain the World Player of the Year title - with United's Wayne Rooney his main rival.

Messi already has 32 goals this term, including back-to-back La Liga hat-tricks and a Champions League brace against Stuttgart in recent weeks.

And he fired the winner in the final of the Club World Championship against Estudiantes.

sunnews.co.uk .
@ big father

I was one of the few that gave Bayern the chance and it happened!! if statistics and form isnt important . why did you post that. dont look for its two post above you hypocrite.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by ichommy(m): 11:10am On Mar 31, 2010
ha ha aha Gunner cough okay still 8 45 PM
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by alamsdee: 11:19am On Mar 31, 2010
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by bigfather(m): 11:56am On Mar 31, 2010
switch411:

@ big father

I was one of the few that gave Bayern the chance and it happened!! if statistics and form isnt important . why did you post that. dont look for its two post above you hypocrite.

Hahahahaahaha, the thing pain you abi ?! Lol,  which chance did you give Bayen ? Abeg it is your turn to fall. And fall shall you this night ! Never laugh at other people's misfortune, you did to us and it's now my turn to start preparing to laugh at yours.  grin grin grin

Where be the hypocrisy ?
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by kpalasa69(m): 12:10pm On Mar 31, 2010
There is a Difference between Nwa boy and Oga, as par Barcelona, LOS CULES QUE siempre LLeva Bluagrana, are the Oga so the Omo-odor will let what is call tip tap soccer with long range shot not tap the ball until the post, I like Arsenal but my heart comes first tongue cheesy
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by dyabman(m): 12:44pm On Mar 31, 2010
Arsenal Iya le ma je ku! grin . . . Messi the messiah , Ibracadabrah , Xaviiiiiiiiiiiii ohhhhhhhh , what a pass from Messi, coolest of finish from Henry against his former club. . LOL grin
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by talkmarkay(m): 1:14pm On Mar 31, 2010
The best team is going to win tonight.
Fans should not be panic.
The Two team play alike, let sit tight and enjoy good football tonight.
Also expect SURPRISES Tonight.
Many people may be disapointed
Just take it the way it might come.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 31, 2010
Arsenal, oh ma arsenal, i weep for you Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by foyeks2001(f): 1:41pm On Mar 31, 2010
awuf fc porto only postponed ur exit
goodbye gunners
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by nwachi2(m): 2:06pm On Mar 31, 2010
arsenal is a team that play similar football like barca but they cannot even have a goal in both legs.barca 4 life
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by dagaro(m): 2:29pm On Mar 31, 2010
well, with d way Man U match ends nothing is impossible, I pray 4 Arsenal to win Barca at home.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by edoyad(m): 2:40pm On Mar 31, 2010
The Army of the Red and White will bring the word to you heathens. We will attain perfection right before your very eyes this evening.
COYG !!!
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by autosales: 2:44pm On Mar 31, 2010
I love football, the world language.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Kbs12: 3:08pm On Mar 31, 2010
Up guns cariy go
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by MeGaStReEt: 3:21pm On Mar 31, 2010
Abeg when them go show the horror film?

8:45 or 7:45
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by tboy1(m): 3:37pm On Mar 31, 2010
^^ 7.45
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Witi(m): 3:55pm On Mar 31, 2010
I advise all Arsenal Fans to keep quiet and so that u wont end speaking grammar like man u fans u know big football grammars like defensive error, deflection, Poor officiating, grin grin grin grin Up Barca wink wink wink
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by collins123(m): 4:15pm On Mar 31, 2010
Time for Arsenal to pack their Godogodo comot for Champions League.

PS= Blues for Life
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by switch411(m): 4:27pm On Mar 31, 2010
Parable of DR SWITCH he has hear let him hear!!

my first wife (Arsenal) dey prepare to fight my second wife( Barcelona) the first one sabi cook food pass the second the second one can sabi Bed room matter well well and she dey born many pikin (trouphy)for me who i go follow today?? i know say all my in-laws like e[b]yoNiggar[/b], Khanye grin fit vex but today i go na food i want Egusi and ponded yam at the EMIRATE.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by switch411(m): 4:33pm On Mar 31, 2010
Parable of DR SWITCH he has hear let him hear!!

my first wife (Arsenal) dey prepare to fight my second wife( Barcelona) the first one sabi cook food pass the second but she vever born for the past five years though she sabi do for Bed too. the second one can sabi Bed room matter well ,well and she dey born many pikin (trouphy)for me who i go follow today?? i know say all my in-laws like eyoNiggar, Khanye fit vex but today o, na food i want Egusi and pounded yam at the EMIRATE. i am for food only tonite. grin grin

and the lord said let the children come unto me, for they shall inherit the silver ware. oh lord of foot ball bring the laws of averages to favor your children shame those who clainm to be the [i]messi[/i]ah Amen!!
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by tayoccu(m): 4:57pm On Mar 31, 2010
It's gonna be very tricky,but the gooners will prevail.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by init4dmoni(m): 5:07pm On Mar 31, 2010
seriously, it's not fair!
Barcelona have to play another 90mins of meaningless football
we all know they(barcelona) are going to win, so y the match sef?
i predict 5-1by half time smiley
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Debroslink: 5:09pm On Mar 31, 2010
The doubts have been dispelled. As reported by Spanish sports daily Marca, Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas will start for Arsenal against Barcelona in this evening's Champions League quarter-final at the Emirates stadium.

The Gunners captain has recovered in time from a knock suffered last weekend in a Premier League match against Birmingham, and Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger will count on the Barcelona youth product to play against his former team in tonight's mouth-watering fixture.

Cesc took to the training pitch earlier today and trained without any discomfort. He is expected to appear in Wenger's starting line-up for tonight's match.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2010/03/31/1857594/breaking-news-cesc-fabregas-to-start-for-arsenal-against
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by otokx(m): 5:19pm On Mar 31, 2010
May the better team win.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by switch411(m): 5:28pm On Mar 31, 2010
otokx:

May the better team win.
The better team does not always win. The gods are wise. let the children rise today above the opposition!!
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by dayokanu(m): 5:37pm On Mar 31, 2010
Dont say I am to forward, Can I ask THE QUESTION or should I wait till after the game?
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by chic2pimp(m): 5:50pm On Mar 31, 2010
dayokanu:

Dont say I am to forward, Can I ask THE QUESTION or should I wait till after the game?
You'll probably jinx Barca by asking the question.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by lawrytee(m): 6:00pm On Mar 31, 2010
After going through most of the responses here,i was and was not surprised to see a lot of people here rooting for Arsenal.I was at first surprised because i thought 95% of the people wouldnt think of Arsenal getting a draw not to talk of winning the game.
But,on the other hand,i wasnt surpeised because i know most football lovers in Nigeria are totally and only focused on watching the Premiership;they have never for once watched any La Liga matches.
To me,i will count it as a good outing for Arsenal if they are even able to get a draw.T he most loyal Arsenal fans know that even though they will never want to say it out.
Visca Barca,Visca Catalunya!
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Drenix(m): 6:19pm On Mar 31, 2010
Y dis so much noise about barca,dem b God? Na throw dem go throw d ball inside net. All dis bad belle{haterz} especially Chelsea fan wey wan make arsenal comot,surprise await u guys, u guys wishd nd prayd 2 b in dis stage,hey yaa! It didnt happen,beta luck nxt time, Nko ti anse,ko easy,
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by YemiUgo(m): 6:27pm On Mar 31, 2010
Please guys, I need clarification on this, I missed the first half of yesterday's game, cos the time I saw for the game online was 20:45 hours. Please how does 20:45 hours translate to 7:45 pm Nigerian time, unlike the previous rounds when it translated appropriately to 8:45 pm? Even on ESPN, I saw 19:45 G.M.T. Abeg O,; has our Acting President changed our official time zone, just like it was done in Russia recently

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Aston Villa (2 - 2) On 1st December 2019 / Chelsea Vs Sunderland (5 - 1) On 21st May 2017 / Ludogorets Vs Arsenal :UCL (2 - 3) On 1st November 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.