Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,121 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm (25243 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Leg?

Barcelona: 45% (83 votes)
Arsenal: 54% (100 votes)
Draw: 0% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

El-Clasico: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona. (2 - 1) - On 29th August 2012 / Copa Del Rey: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona (1 - 2) On Wed, 18th January 2012 / UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 01, 2010
yomifowe:

@ Switchmax

You were comparing Arsenal and Barca with David and Goliath. Do you remember what David did to Goliath? Thats exactly what Arsenal woll do to Barca @Nou camp.

[size=25pt] Sorry dude, but this kind of Goliath, David is scared off him[/size] grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by pgm(m): 11:08am On Apr 01, 2010
Meldrick:

Iam not an Arsenal fan but I was impressed with the confidence and determination which they displayed while playing that match but however Barca are at an advantage because of the two goals they scored. Arsenal will have to work harder to ensure they scale through.

i concur. commendable determination from arsenal. they sure will have to work harder in the return leg. For Barca, they will have to avoid overconfidence and complacence, if only to not give arsenal fans cause for obscene rantings.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by victorazy(m): 11:14am On Apr 01, 2010
BARCA is out of the champions league
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by switchmax8: 11:15am On Apr 01, 2010
poster,
you should know barcelona players are not the type that predicate match before kickoff they always respect their opponent no matter how small they are but certainly arsenal will find it difficult in barcelona.do you think arsenal will score and barcelona will not be able to respond with arsenal fringe defenders.BABA SOL CAMPBELL IS GOING TO FALL
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 01, 2010
victorazy:

BARCA is out of the champions league
[size=25pt]See ur head like barca is out, even in the real sense u know that arsenal is out but ur support for arsenal makes u to feel ashame of admiting the fact[/size] cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by osteen(m): 11:24am On Apr 01, 2010
Barca has wounderful players that play together and bring out an artistry of football but arsenal can hold there own as well. i believe anything can still happen as much as i like barca, i hope arsenal wins at camp nuo.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by supereagle(m): 11:30am On Apr 01, 2010
[size=40pt]GUNNERS LAI LAI[/size]
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by switchmax8: 11:40am On Apr 01, 2010
thank you poster we will rip arsenal like a hungry lion
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by lordimpaq(m): 11:51am On Apr 01, 2010
switchmax8:

thank you poster we will rip arsenal like a hungry lion

why can't we all save our sentiments for the 2nd leg,
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by thinkuno: 11:55am On Apr 01, 2010
Barca played arsenal with too much confidence towards the end of the match. Barca are truly the king of soccer. I taught arsenal would be able to compete with barca in terms of possession since they also know how to hold the ball but to my greatest surprise arsenal was out played. barca missed too many chances and they paid dearly for those misses. Barca should have beaten arsenal 5-0 at least. Kudos to both clubs. Let the better team come out victorious at the camp nou.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Tonyet1(m): 11:57am On Apr 01, 2010
Even if we'll lose out in Nou camp, at least we defended our pride in Emirates.

If you feel Arsenal to the bone join me to say : GUNNERS, PRIDE OF ENGLAND!

grin grin
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by switchmax8: 12:05pm On Apr 01, 2010
Tonye-t,
you are accepting defeat indirectly and surely barcelona gonna rip them off like hungry lions.do you know the capacity of Nou Camp? 95,000 fans will be intimidating wenger and his fringe players.dont worry the lineup will be milito-valdez-abidal-marquez
iniesta-baba xavi-keitha or toure and segio
then messi,pedro and ibracadabra will rip them off again
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by victorazy(m): 12:11pm On Apr 01, 2010
ALL I KNOW IS DAT, BARCA IS OUT OF THIS LEAGUE. I TRUST MY TEAM MATES SO MUCH THAT I CAN EVEN DIE FOR THEM "GUNNNNNEEEERSSSSSSS" !!!!!
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by naso2(m): 12:22pm On Apr 01, 2010
Arsenal and Barca play almost same style. The difference is that while Barca is on grade  level 7 , arsenal at best is on grade level 3.  Really its football and Arsenal has  fighting chance like many have said, this is boosted by the fact that Barca will have to play 2 make-shift central defenders as PUYOL and PIQUE are not eligible.

But,

1. How can arsenal survive the heat of Barca's attack for the first 45 mins at camp nou?
2.If Barca dominated at Emirate with an off-form Messi, what happens if his normal form returns at camp nou?
3.Will Alumuna be as good as he was last nite when he gets to Camp nou?
4. How will the arsenal team respond without  there motivational capt CESC?
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by switchmax8: 12:26pm On Apr 01, 2010
if arsenal do not want to lose much they should ask henry the intensity of the crowd
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by victorazy(m): 12:36pm On Apr 01, 2010
i know that when talking about champions league, barca is the best. but we're not afraid cuz were very good in pitch weda home or away and we have players who can substitute cesc as well.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by switchmax8: 12:54pm On Apr 01, 2010
diaby or nasri should fill in for cesc though not a perfect match atleast sergio or xavi can teach them how to pass perfectly
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by BinghiNya(m): 1:05pm On Apr 01, 2010
temporary congrats to gunners. never knew Arsenal could park a luxurious bus in front of the emirates. The match was more like barca practising, forget the final score line. Barcelona will beat you at the camp nou. A team like United or Chelsea would have torn arsenal to pieces after taking a 2 goal lead. messi will make it up at the camp nou.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by scantee(m): 1:30pm On Apr 01, 2010
Barca still remain the Almighty.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Gunnaz007: 1:31pm On Apr 01, 2010
Let me give you guyz a sniff of what is gonna happen next week:

For those that have been watching the ucl/la liga since the late 90s and early 2000s, can you recall how barca used to outplay real madrid, while real madrid did d scoring and winning?? Dat's what's gonna happen to barca next week; keep your fingers crossed!!!

And for those boasting that barca outplayed arsenal yesterday; YES! They did for ruffly 70mins, we know that, but also recall that during the henry/viera/wiltord/pires/keown/campbell days, arsenal used to outplay man u, but most of the time man u ended up winning the tie and nobody would ever talk about how arsenal had all d possession, everybody wud be talking about how manU scored and won!!! Even in d days of morinho at chelsea, arsenal wud play all d ball while chelsea wud do d winning!!   ----- I know some peeps are gonna query; ooh, this is ucl not epl!!! But watch out when it happens right under your nose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, while sleeping (exuberating total confidence in barca walking over arsenal at nou camp) dear barca fans, sleep with one eye opened!
BIG ADVISE: SAVE THE SHACKLES ON YOUR FEET TILL AFTER 10/10:30PM TUESDAY, APRIL 6TH AHN!!!
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by spine: 1:38pm On Apr 01, 2010
To all delusional gunner fans:

listen to the words of your boss,

"We are lucky to escape with the draw, I cannot deny that," conceded the Arsenal boss. "We gave them too much room to play their football and we have to say Barcelona are an exceptional side. The annoyance for me is we gave them two cheap goals, but you have to say we were lucky to be still in the tie before those goals arrived.

"It's not easy to accept it when your team are outplayed, but it certainly feels less upsetting than when we are kicked by teams and drop points in the Premier League. What we saw from Barcelona was art and it added up to a great night for football in many ways. I still feel we have a chance in the second leg, but clearly they are a fantastic team."

KAPISH
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by snowdrops(m): 1:43pm On Apr 01, 2010
spine:

"We are lucky to escape with the draw, I cannot deny that," conceded the Arsenal boss. "We gave them too much room to play their football and we have to say Barcelona are an exceptional side. The annoyance for me is we gave them two cheap goals, but you have to say we were lucky to be still in the tie before those goals arrived.

"It's not easy to accept it when your team are outplayed, but it certainly feels less upsetting than when we are kicked by teams and drop points in the Premier League. What we saw from Barcelona was art and it added up to a great night for football in many ways. I still feel we have a chance in the second leg, but clearly they are a fantastic team."

KAPISH
The words of our elders are words of wisdom.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Gunnaz007: 1:48pm On Apr 01, 2010
pgm:

in the past i used to dismiss as "one of those things" insinuations that arsenal fans are generally full of poo when it comes to football analysis. The foregoing posts just made me rethink. I've seen the light. their subjective views are sickening, to say the least! You would think, going by their rantings, that they just whooped Barca 5-0 at the nou camp! Imagine peeps coming here to celebrate a 2-2 draw, in the emirates no less, like it was a 0-4 scoreline at the camp nou. Classless, to say the least.

I agree entirely with the dude who said there's cause for optimism but not really for celebration. That's more objective. Definitely not the vulgar and shameless revelry going on here.     Arsenal were outclassed for 70 full minutes! that's not exactly something to be proud of. I still give it to arsenal- a good comeback, but one which derives not entirely from their determination but also because barcelona became complacent in the final 20mins, aside from the controversial penalty/red card call.

You have also joined the vulgar and shameless rivalry ban dude  wink wink wink

So we shudnt be proud of our boyz ahn?? afta they reaped your barca open at a migre 20mins of d entire 90?? If took barca 70mins to score 2 goals aftaa all their gragra, while me boyz score 2 in just 20mins, who is supposed to bury his head in poo ---ohh, less i forget, football is not MATHS tongue tongue tongue

Take a look at your last bolded comment dude, is there any logic therein Do you agree with me that arsenal was complacent for the first 70mins, whereas barca was determined at that time? And do you also agree with me that arsenal was determined in the last 20mins while barca was c[b]omplacent[/b]?? THINK B4 U MAKE COMMENTS DUDE!!! THINK!!!!
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Tonyet1(m): 1:50pm On Apr 01, 2010
switchmax8:

Tonye-t,
you are accepting defeat indirectly and surely barcelona gonna rip them off like hungry lions.do you know the capacity of Nou Camp? 95,000 fans will be intimidating wenger and his fringe players.dont worry the lineup will be milito-valdez-abidal-marquez

Like the whole stadium will be filled with barca fans abi. *sighs*. undecided
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by snowdrops(m): 2:04pm On Apr 01, 2010
Tonye-t:

Like the whole stadium will be filled with barca fans abi. *sighs*. undecided
Have you ever been to the nou camp?

I laugh at naive comments by many ppl here. The place is sooo intimidating. You cant here nothing from away fans. They are kept in a small corner in the stadium that they are hardly noticed.

Truth is arsenal did bravely levelling at 2-2. There is a lot that can be said about the match, but is best left till after 2nd leg.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by agabaI23(m): 2:04pm On Apr 01, 2010
switchmax8:

Tonye-t,

Lightening does not strike twice my friend. Mark this somewhere.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Tonyet1(m): 2:10pm On Apr 01, 2010
Agaba123 may God bless you, and to my buddy snowdrops, yesterday marked the genesis of our shinning. feel me!
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by snowdrops(m): 2:15pm On Apr 01, 2010
Tonye-t:

Agaba123 may God bless you, and to my buddy snowdrops, yesterday marked the genesis of our shinning. feel me!
I would like to share in your optimism.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by U1(m): 2:21pm On Apr 01, 2010
So these Arsenal guys are still giving themselves hope? It's a matter of 6 or 7 days for you to know the real score. tongue grin
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by snowdrops(m): 2:29pm On Apr 01, 2010
I cant wait for next week myself
U1:

So these Arsenal guys are still giving themselves hope? It's a matter of 6 or 7 days for you to know the real score. tongue grin
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Gunnaz007: 2:34pm On Apr 01, 2010
spine:

KAPISH

So to console yourself you had to follow wenger's comments ahn? He was just trying to flatter and give credit to barca, and if you are going to sleep with this commment as a necessary and sufficient reason for you to insult and dubb die-hard gunners as delusional, then be ready for more delusion from us when we disgrace you at your self acclaimed fotress - camp nou!!!!! Does this sound like more delusion?

Have you also checked out Fabregas' comments on goal.com?? He responded to d boss' comments by emphatically pointing out that ARSENAL WAS NOT LUCKY!!!!! And i see reason with him!! Why Am gonna tell you:

If luck is almunia stopping all the barage of attempts that barca made in d first half, then what are goalkeepers paid to do? To be rooted to d spot and allow a free flow of d ball into their net?? If luck is valdes stopping bendtner's point blank header, the above question also holds!!!!! If you can point a moment in the game when barca hit the bar of almunia's net, then i wud agree with just one lucky spell on arsenal's part tongue tongue tongue; meaning that the bar saved arsenal instead of the goal keeper; and therein luck is an integer - it is countable! hahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!

So stop fooling arround with wengers comments, we know our BOSS; he likes to tease his opponents to their doom  tonguewink wink wink tongue
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by waju03(m): 3:30pm On Apr 01, 2010
everyone is talking about barca having a chance and getting life. but 2-2 in the emirates is good enough for arsenal. we got 2 home goals. wait and watch for the nou camp leg. theres gonna be a humiliated Spanish club at the final whistle.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Brighton & Hove Albion V Manchester United (1 - 0) On 4th May 2018 / Norwich Vs Liverpool (0 - 1) - Live / Club Brugge Vs Manchester United: Europa League (1 - 1) Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.