Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,270 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm (25246 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Leg?

Barcelona: 45% (83 votes)
Arsenal: 54% (100 votes)
Draw: 0% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

El-Clasico: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona. (2 - 1) - On 29th August 2012 / Copa Del Rey: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona (1 - 2) On Wed, 18th January 2012 / UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by saviola77(m): 3:51pm On Apr 01, 2010
snowdrops:

Have you ever been to the nou camp?

I laugh at naive comments by many ppl here. The place is sooo intimidating. You cant here nothing from away fans. They are kept in a small corner in the stadium that they are hardly noticed.

Truth is arsenal did bravely levelling at 2-2. There is a lot that can be said about the match, but is best left till after 2nd leg.
same was said about the bernabeu a few years back; in the end, arsenal knocked real madrid out of the ucl - together with their intimidating atmosphere of course
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by pgm(m): 4:11pm On Apr 01, 2010
Gunnaz007:

You have also joined the vulgar and shameless rivalry ban dude  wink wink wink

So we shudnt be proud of our boyz ahn?? afta they reaped your barca open at a migre 20mins of d entire 90?? If took barca 70mins to score 2 goals aftaa all their gragra, while me boyz score 2 in just 20mins, who is supposed to bury his head in poo ---ohh, less i forget, football is not MATHS tongue tongue tongue

Take a look at your last bolded comment dude, is there any logic therein Do you agree with me that arsenal was complacent for the first 70mins, whereas barca was determined at that time? And do you also agree with me that arsenal was determined in the last 20mins while barca was c[b]omplacent[/b]?? THINK B4 U MAKE COMMENTS DUDE!!! THINK!!!!

the difference btw me and you seems to border on objectivity in analysis. U conveniently ignored the part in my comment where i said ", i still give it to arsenal - a good comeback!" U really expected me to say that being played 30-70 percentage possession in 70 out of 90 mins with shots/on target stats of 13/6 compared to your 1/0 are more due to arsenal's lapses than barca's efforts? in the emirates stadium no less? Guy, be real! I won't take it away from Arsenal, they played well with determination and courage, in the last 20mins so much so that it won't be far-fetched to say that they coulda won if the game wore on beyond full time. That's if. A big if at that - changing the rules of the game. But i repeat, arsenal were outclassed for those early 70mins. Your performance in that game, for only 20 out of 90 mins, isn't such as should elicit such manic jubilation as u show here, at least from my standpoint.

You will do well to ask urself - how would i have seen Arsenal's performance if i were a barca fan. I for one can confidently tell you that i won't have the presence of mind for manic exaltation had i been an arsenal fan or had barca played as arsenal did last nite. Don't just think about it. Do so objectively.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by cooltobex(m): 4:44pm On Apr 01, 2010
What a match! i expected the outcome in terms of the scoreline but not the number of cards(yellow and red card) issued. the cards spoilt the match in my own estimation.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by ichommy(m): 5:02pm On Apr 01, 2010
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Gunnaz007: 5:36pm On Apr 01, 2010
pgm:

the difference btw me and you seems to border on objectivity in analysis. U conveniently ignored the part in my comment where i said ", i still give it to arsenal - a good comeback!" U really expected me to say that being played 30-70 percentage possession in 70 out of 90 mins with shots/on target stats of 13/6 compared to your 1/0 are more due to arsenal's lapses than barca's efforts? in the emirates stadium no less? Guy, be real! I won't take it away from Arsenal, they played well with determination and courage, in the last 20mins so much so that it won't be far-fetched to say that they coulda won if the game wore on beyond full time. That's if. A big if at that - changing the rules of the game. But i repeat, arsenal were outclassed for those early 70mins. Your performance in that game, for only 20 out of 90 mins, isn't such as should elicit such manic jubilation as u show here, at least from my standpoint.

You will do well to ask urself - how would i have seen Arsenal's performance if i were a barca fan. I for one can confidently tell you that i won't have the presence of mind for manic exaltation had i been an arsenal fan or had barca played as arsenal did last nite. Don't just think about it. Do so objectively.

Mr. objective analyser, i showed you where your objectivity was in my comments; you aired your view that arsenal came back to the game not because of their determination, but because of barca complacence right?? Ehnn ehnn!! I also had to point out to you that it was a hell of determination that got arsenal back into the game, correspondingly placing barca on the back foot!!

To whom much is given much is expected!!! Much was given to barca b4 d game, but they did not deliver, because at d end of the day, football is about winning!!!! I give credit to them barca because they proved they are in a class of their own in the beautiful game, but let's wait till next tuesday, because arsenal are also in a class of their own in the beautiful game tongue
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by pgm(m): 5:57pm On Apr 01, 2010
@gunnaz007,
u need only read my earlier comment which u quoted to confirm that I did not say arsenal "came into the game not because of their determination, but because of barca's complacence." What i said is: I still give it to arsenal- a good comeback, but one which derives not entirely from their determination but also because barcelona became complacent. They are not the same. The latter is my opinion that it will be fair and objective that word again to say that a team which played well for 70 out of 90mins (almost 80% of the time from the start!) took their feet off the gas pedal, perhaps in the mistaken belief that they had sealed victory. Arsenal proved them wrong though by stepping up their game as well. In any case, there's mutual respect. Both teams play beautiful. See u at the nou camp.

Fabregas is out for the rest of the season. Wish speedy and full recovery.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Gunnaz007: 6:03pm On Apr 01, 2010
@pgm,
okay, case rested till next week!!

lol, FAB4 will be missed cry cry cry, thanks for the sympathy pgm wink wink
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Malyq06(m): 6:24pm On Apr 01, 2010
CRITICS OF ARSENAL BOYS ARE QUICK TO FORGET THAT AMONG THE EIGHT CLUBS LEFT IN THE UCL,
ARSENAL HAS THE YOUNGEST SQUAD AND THE MOST LOW COST PLAYERS.
YET THEY ARE IN THE RACE STARTED ALONGSIDE CHELSEA, REALMADRID, AC MILAN ETC. OF BLESSED MEMORY.

APPRECIATE THESE BOYS FOR ONCE.

GUNNERS I SHALL REMAIN, TILL ETERNITY, SPIRIT, SOUL AND BODY.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by pgm(m): 6:40pm On Apr 01, 2010
Gunnaz007:

@pgm,
okay, case rested till next week!!

lol, FAB4 will be missed cry cry cry, thanks for the sympathy pgm wink wink

I'm also an arsenal fan outside of Barca. Guess it's got to do with my affinity with attacking beautiful football which both teams espouse.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by adexchamp(m): 6:46pm On Apr 01, 2010
All Arsenal critics should go inside the lake of fire and die there, they are nothing but shameful idiots who knows nothing than just to open their bad mouth, they're nothing but asshole football fanatics, just see the way the Gunners came back from the match of the century with injury players and young talents,i thik credits should be given to the Arsenal side for their bravery,rresilience,strong-willed and never say die attitude.

All ye Arsenal haters, Today you DIE, hahahahahaha
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by khanye(m): 7:18pm On Apr 01, 2010
Arsenal performance resembled a 3rd non leauge side, they were abysmal apart from the last 20 minutes
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Krayola(m): 7:55pm On Apr 01, 2010
Even this last 20 minutes that they are shouting sef it's not as it they were dominant. They were just significantly better that they had been in the first half, which really isn't much. They were just efficient and walcott coming in really changed things. Fairplay to wenger.

See u at nou camp and make sure u come with a big basket  grin  grin
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by chelseabmw(m): 11:49pm On Apr 01, 2010
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by eyoniggar(m): 12:40am On Apr 02, 2010
khanye and kray, its better you free all this peeps.

The most annoying thing is, most of this posters
that claim to support the gunnerz are newbies all of a sudden.

Havent seen or heard from them prior to the draws.

As to what I have observed from their fans and wannabes,
they are nothing different to the skepe FC fans, only that 56% of the
gunnerz are fine boys, while all the skepe FC supporters are woworians grin grin
except for bludediva, Ibime try small, but him look like saheed osupa a lil bit. cheesy grin

Camp Nou, here they come. lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by kayality: 2:33am On Apr 02, 2010
NOU CAMP, no be small biking house na 4 big man
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by tayoccu(m): 9:43am On Apr 02, 2010
Krayola:

Even this last 20 minutes that they are shouting sef it's not as it they were dominant. They were just significantly better that they had been in the first half, which really isn't much.

Guy try listen to yourself, you call 2 goals within that period not being dominant? What then do you call dominance?
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by switchmax8: 4:07pm On Apr 02, 2010
just leave them tues is by the way let them come and claim the humiliation that awaits them in Nou Camp
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Krayola(m): 4:09pm On Apr 02, 2010
tayoccu:

Guy try listen to yourself, you call 2 goals within that period not being dominant? What then do you call dominance?

No comment. undecided
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by company1(m): 11:01pm On Apr 02, 2010
Barca carry Nou Camp come Emirate stadium and dem no still win 8-0
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by abes(m): 11:41am On Apr 03, 2010
Barca played thier best game against Arsenal that did not play thier best, and the game ended 2-2. Imagine if Arsenal had played thier best game.
The fact is if both teams play thier best against eachother, then Barca will be reduced to Gateway FC.
QED.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by switchmax8: 5:18pm On Apr 03, 2010
if you are sure of arsenal winning can you bet?
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by dasarge(m): 4:20pm On Apr 04, 2010
Lets face it guys, no need to quarell over this. I am a gooner right! but Barca played better for about 67mins. Now arsenal played better for the remaining 23+mins and the game ended 2:2. It was a beautiful high tempo game and the only coach who made a major impact during the game was Wenger. Football is a 90mins game and u dont win it by mere domination or ball possessions, you win by scores, Barca is better and quite rightly so with the names on parade but give deserving respect to Arsenal! its like a Masters Holder against a Professor and it still ended in a draw. We try abeg,
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by switchmax8: 4:29pm On Apr 04, 2010
dasarge,
NOBODY SAYS ARSENAL DID NOT TRY WHAT WE ARE ARGUING ABOUT IT WHO WILL QUALIFY TO THE SEMI FINAL AND CAN ARSENAL OVERCOME THE 2-2 DRAW WITH BARCELONA IN NOU CAMP.I GUESS THE DREAM IS A TALL OTHER TALLER THAN MOUNTAIN EVEREST BECAUSE I DONT SEE ARSENAL STAGING AN UPSET RATHER THAN PLAYER SAFE TO AVOID HUGE HUMILIAATION THAT STUGGART ENCOUNTERED.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by zenus(m): 10:32am On Apr 06, 2010
I still hope more on Arsenal
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by U1(m): 11:48am On Apr 06, 2010
To all the Arsenal fans, just keep hoping that manna should fall from heaven. Thank God, the marvelous Messi is not injured.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by U1(m): 11:58am On Apr 06, 2010
abes:

Barca played thier best game against Arsenal that did not play thier best, and the game ended 2-2. Imagine if Arsenal had played thier best game.
The fact is if both teams play thier best against eachother, then Barca will be reduced to Gateway FC.
QED.

You mean with all those kids? You have got to be kidding me. Keep using your mouth to fight karate.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by scantee(m): 1:24pm On Apr 06, 2010
Barca all the way
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by erico2k2(m): 1:38pm On Apr 06, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^U go shame lol grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by galatico(m): 2:02pm On Apr 06, 2010
Barcelona would white wash Arsenal 4-0 at the Camp Nou!!!
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by erico2k2(m): 2:04pm On Apr 06, 2010
^^^^^ u too go shame as well. grin grin
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 06, 2010
let's wait and see
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by davsquared: 8:05pm On Apr 06, 2010
wia is everyone?? is there another thread 4 d 2nd leg, or is it dat no nairalander is watching d match

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Norwich Vs Liverpool (0 - 1) - Live / Club Brugge Vs Manchester United: Europa League (1 - 1) Live / Chelsea Vs Sunderland (5 - 1) On 21st May 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.