Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,808 members, 7,866,133 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 12:09 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1336577 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 12:16am On Jan 17, 2020
Olalekank:

Ahhhh, mummy
When can I come for lessons ma

You sound like someone I know grin

Please I’m not a coder o, I don’t know anything
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 12:49am On Jan 17, 2020
Aphrodite007:

Baba I started fixing PCs when I was a child, I’m not even up to 40.

Try being an obsessed gamer with a broken PC and no google, you will become an Engineer and Wizard overnight. grin

Nice one.. Super impressed!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 6:16am On Jan 17, 2020
Aphrodite007:

I’m pleased to hear this. But please remember that not everyone has quick assimilation skills like your friend. Even me that have been in IT for 21 years now, I avoid some areas like a plague (e.g data).
shocked shocked Mummy oo, good morning ma. Please come and teach me something cry
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by kode12: 12:14pm On Jan 17, 2020
Hey guys.
When does British Airways offer cash card, for rescheduled flights? Is it in Nigeria or on arrival in the UK?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 3:48pm On Jan 17, 2020
streetsoldier1:
Hello house,
I want to apply for a teaching job in UK, can anyone help with a guide on how to go about it. Thanks
what is your qualification and teaching experience ?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by spacyzuma(m): 5:13pm On Jan 17, 2020
2 weeks to brexit. cry
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by streetsoldier1(m): 5:38pm On Jan 17, 2020
STENON:
what is your qualification and teaching experience ?

B.tech, MSC, PGDE, CAIE (CDPQ in Teaching and learning)
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 5:42pm On Jan 17, 2020
streetsoldier1:

B.tech, MSC, PGDE, CAIE (CDPQ in Teaching and learning)
what about TRCN and what subjects have you taught before ?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by streetsoldier1(m): 8:19pm On Jan 17, 2020
STENON:
what about TRCN and what subjects have you taught before ?

The CAIE certificate is well above the trcn. I've taught ICT, physics , Design and Technology and Basic Technology
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 8:54pm On Jan 17, 2020
streetsoldier1:

The CAIE certificate is well above the trcn. I've taught ICT, physics , Design and Technology and Basic Technology
No certificate is above TRCN in Teaching.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by streetsoldier1(m): 9:23pm On Jan 17, 2020
STENON:
No certificate is above TRCN in Teaching.

Hehehehe, CIE certificate is global, trcn is just a Nigeria thing.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 10:48pm On Jan 17, 2020
streetsoldier1:

Oga try and do the TRCN, madam stenon is one of the first people to research teaching in the UK as an overseas qualified teacher. Just follow her steps jejely and and personal research. If the said CIE is global, UK will still ask you to register to have QTS abi whatever which is local to them.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 11:47pm On Jan 17, 2020
streetsoldier1:

okay sir. All the best
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 11:47pm On Jan 17, 2020
Simran94:

shocked shocked Mummy oo, good morning ma. Please come and teach me something cry

Hahahaha
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 11:52pm On Jan 17, 2020
umarwy:

Oga try and do the TRCN, madam stenon is one of the first people to research teaching in the UK as an overseas qualified teacher. Just follow her steps jejely and and personal research. If the said CIE is global, UK will still ask you to register to have QTS abi whatever which is local to them.
lols bro angry

@ streetsoldier1 ; Best Profession and one of the highest paying jobs in UK is....Teaching...

Either Xmas and new year holiday, mid term holiday, summer holiday, muslim holidays, etc ... You are always paid a full month salary....

QTS is the required licence to practice as a Professional teacher in England while GTCS is for Professional Teacher in scotland. With TRCN from Nigeria, teaching experience and research work in Education, you have upper chance to be considered by the Professional body for registration, but don't know if it's possible for CIE or CDPQ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 12:04am On Jan 18, 2020
STENON:
lols bro....

Best Profession and one of the highest paying jobs in UK is....Teaching...

Either Xmas and new year holiday, mid term holiday, summer holiday, muslim holidays, etc ... You are always paid a full month salary....

QTS is the required licence to practice as a Professional teacher in England while GTCS is for Professional Teacher in scotland. With TRCN, teaching experience and research work in Education, you have upper chance but don't know for CIE or CDPQ...

Highest ke cool...

A bit off exaggeration. Their schedule means they work 10months but salary is spread evenly for 12 months ... not a bad deal but not great cheesy.

Been a teacher is no joke so kudos to any tutor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 12:10am On Jan 18, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Highest ke angry angry .....

A bit off exaggeration. Their schedule means they work 10months but salary is spread evenly for 12 months ... not a bad deal but not great cheesy.
For your information you can read this attachment.
From my calculations, the minimum is 170 days while maximum days for busy schools is 230 days. Th two is still within 5.6 months to 7.6months if you divide by 30.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 12:13am On Jan 18, 2020
STENON:
For your information you can read this attachment.
From my calculations, the minimum is 170 days while maximum days for busy schools is 230 days. Th two is still within 5.6 months to 7.6months if you divide by 30.

190 days is actually more accurate

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 12:19am On Jan 18, 2020
LagosismyHome:

190 days is actually more accurate
okay, Divide 195 /30 = 6.5 months work per annum, and you will be paid 12 months salary per annum.
You work 9am to 3pm on working days.

Please Kindly mention any profession that can beat that.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 12:20am On Jan 18, 2020
Pay scale for Teachers in Scotland and England.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 12:21am On Jan 18, 2020
STENON:
okay, Divide 195 /30 = 6.5 months work per annum, and you will be paid 12 months salary per annum.
You work 9am to 3pm on working days.

Please Kindly mention any profession that can beat that.

Working days is about 20 working days and not 30.... hence why other professions have 260 working days in one year

195 divided by 20 working days.....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 12:23am On Jan 18, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Working days is about 20 working days and not 30.... hence why other professions have 260 working days in one year

195 divided by 20 working days.....
Weekend is off for you to enjoy yourself and not be rushing for 12 hours shift on Saturday and sunday. Even with that, the pay is still higher than nursing job in UK

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 12:24am On Jan 18, 2020
STENON:
Weekend is off for you to enjoy yourself and not be rushing for 12 hours shift on Saturday and sunday. Even with that, the pay is still very higher than nursing job on UK

salary of 40k there works out to be 205 pounds per day (190 days).... ok salary but not great by any imagination
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 12:28am On Jan 18, 2020
LagosismyHome:

salary of 40k there works out to be 205 pounds per day .... ok salary but not great by any imagination
A NEWLY QUALIFIED NURSE salary starts with 24k right?
whereas a NEWLY QUALIFIED TEACHER starting salary is 32k
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 12:34am On Jan 18, 2020
LagosismyHome:

salary of 40k there works out to be 205 pounds per day .... ok salary but not great by any imagination
compare and judge the difference between these two job adverts.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 12:37am On Jan 18, 2020
STENON:
A NEWLY QUALIFIED NURSE salary starts with 24k right?
whereas a NEWLY QUALIFIED TEACHER starting salary is 32k

Sure and I hear you.... nursing in my opinion is not well paid at all. It so small for the effort and works that goes into it however the NHS thinks otherwise and have set their salary scale like that

Teaching is a calling, takes a lot of hardworking and patience but it been the highest , no my dear. Other profession pay much better
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 12:39am On Jan 18, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Sure and I hear you.... nursing in my opinion is not well paid at all. It so small for the effort and works that goes into it however the NHS thinks otherwise and have set their salary scale like that

Teaching is a calling, takes a lot of hardworking and patience but it been the highest , no my dear. Other profession pay much better
Madam, I said Teaching is ONE of the highest paying jobs in UK.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 12:42am On Jan 18, 2020
STENON:

If you tell yourself that ok then cheesy .

Go to jobserv and maybe you see how other earn significantly higher. Most teachers are on 30k a year range....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 12:43am On Jan 18, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Yes, Teaching is my calling and I am putting lots of patience into it . But for hardwork that's only in Nigeria, Technology has made teaching easier and better for both teachers and learners in this country.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 12:44am On Jan 18, 2020
LagosismyHome:

If you tell yourself that ok then cheesy .

Go to jobserv and maybe you see how other earn significantly higher. Most teachers are on 30k or less a year ....
Yes, maybe the unqualified/ probational teachers on that teaching scale.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TenPassfour(m): 4:49am On Jan 18, 2020
hank you very much for your insight to all the gurus in the building.

I will like to ask Cv-library asking for my UK resident address before i can continue with my search, am presently in Lagos still looking out for certificate of sponsor.

Please i need a more flexible website to continue my search.
Civil engineering.

Thanking you in advance
God bless you all
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by uchman(m): 6:56am On Jan 18, 2020
STENON:

Good Morning Stenon,

Please my wife has TRCN cert and she just graduated waiting for NYSC...

She studied B.ed Political science...

What step will she take to be able to work in the UK as a teacher?

Thanks for your time...

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.