Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,462 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1308357 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:44pm On Apr 07, 2020
EngrSaks:
I agree they are afraid of the legal after effects...just sad they cant do anything about the deaths...the numbers are so many all around the world

UK unfortunately would experience 6 figures of mortalities..........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wowdiva: 12:47pm On Apr 07, 2020
Udukaa001:

You can't work as a Nurse in the UK with any of the NVQs. A Nurse is different from a Health Care Assistant or Healthcare Support worker or Carer.

But there are enough trainings and competency based courses.
Hello please can a certified nurse assistant with certification from Nigeria work in UK? Are there number of years experience required to work in UK.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by chic2pimp(m): 12:58pm On Apr 07, 2020
Michael Gove is apparently Self Isolating.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by oyoolima: 1:21pm On Apr 07, 2020
Peak of infection is coming..the smart people have started self isolating grin grin grin

Who wan die?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Hunnybee: 3:43pm On Apr 07, 2020
I don’t think so. But I’m surprised to hear Nigeria has a certified Nurse assistant program. Do you mind telling me more about this program and how to get into one please?
wowdiva:

Hello please can a certified nurse assistant with certification from Nigeria work in UK? Are there number of years experience required to work in UK.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:16pm On Apr 07, 2020
Hunnybee:
I don’t think so. But I’m surprised to hear Nigeria has a certified Nurse assistant program. Do you mind telling me more about this program and how to get into one please?

They refer to them as quacks in Nigeria......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:17pm On Apr 07, 2020
oyoolima:
Peak of infection is coming..the smart people have started self isolating grin grin grin

Who wan die?

You blame them........ smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Hunnybee: 4:23pm On Apr 07, 2020
Thought as much
Lexusgs430:

They refer to them as quacks in Nigeria......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wowdiva: 8:25pm On Apr 07, 2020
Hunnybee:
Nope not the ones they call quacks, those are people that learn from nurses or a small scale hospital. There is an institution that offers certified training for Nursing aides, Phlebetomy and Medical assistant. Though they claim their certification is recognized in UK and other countries aside Canada. I was thinking of taking up the program once we are free from the pandemic

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:29pm On Apr 07, 2020
wowdiva:

Nope not the ones they call quacks, those are people that learn from nurses or a small scale hospital. There is an institution that offers certified training for Nursing aides, Phlebetomy and Medical assistant. Though they claim their certification is recognized in UK and other countries aside Canada. I was thinking of taking up the program once we are free from the pandemic

Are you boldly saying this trainings are undertaking in Nigeria, but not recognised in Nigeria?....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wowdiva: 8:35pm On Apr 07, 2020
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Hunnybee: 8:42pm On Apr 07, 2020
Ma’am, as of today, Nigerian law does not recognise anything like that. What you are is a quack, either you learn from a Dr or Nurse or small scale hospital, and whoever this ‘nurse/small scale hospital’ is, they have duped you. I’d suggest you ask them for a refund and then go to a Uni or School of Nursing. Then you can start thinking of travelling to any Country you so wish. That certified certificate you have is not it

wowdiva:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wowdiva: 8:45pm On Apr 07, 2020
Hunnybee:
Ma’am, as of today, Nigerian law does not recognise anything like that. What you are is a quack, either you learn from a Dr or Nurse or small scale hospital, and whoever this ‘nurse/small scale hospital’ is, they have duped you. I’d suggest you ask them for a refund and then go to a Uni or School of Nursing. Then you can start thinking of travelling to any Country you so wish. That certified certificate you have is not it

Ok
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:54pm On Apr 07, 2020
wowdiva:

They are recognized in Nigeria by the Federal ministry of health

To be employed as?

In what capacity?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:55pm On Apr 07, 2020
Hunnybee:

Don't you enjoy a debate?...... cheesy

The role of nursing assistants is not recognised in the Nigerian health sector.....

They even refer to them as cleaners....

Some clinic/hospitals employ them to bridge the RGN's gap, pay them less and expect more, at the expense of patient safety......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by claremont(m): 10:23pm On Apr 07, 2020
EngrSaks:

Forget the Lamba from politicians

I have a comprehensive list of the official drugs used in Nigeria...even ITUs in the UK are all trying different drug combinations now

The deaths Nigeria has had are from pple who didnt get on these so called test drugs on time...same mistake Europe and the US is making...

The point is, the earlier pple get on, the better chances they have...somehow the drugs help to reduce the propagation of the virus and its symptoms

I'm not a medic but as a process Engineer, most times the best solutions are usually the simplest solutions

P.s I'm not saying the drugs are the cure but there is no harm trying, instead of just watching people die and say there is no conclusive research on these drugs

The drugs you are thinking of (CQ and HCQ) are not licensed for treating Covid19. They have not been assessed for efficacy and safety. When it comes to treating diseases, evidence-based medicine is the key. ''There is no harm in trying'' may seem right to you, but it is a misnomer in healthcare. There are medicines that could cause more harm than good to a patient who is already suffering from Covid19. CQ may be a very old drug that has been assessed for safety in malaria, but it hasn't been assessed for live covid19 patients. These two conditions are very different. Clinical trials are ongoing at the moment.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 10:51pm On Apr 07, 2020
EngrSaks:

Yeah but if [b]someone is already positive why not just give the anti-malaria, antibiotic and the antivira[/b]l that are currently known to help manage the situation...why wait until they get to ICU before management especially when these medications dont really have bad side effects

Using those drugs just because of a positive result is drug abuse and most Nigerians are guilty of this with our shitty healthcare.

People react differently to drugs and can actually worsen some cases. What if the pirinton that prevents the chloroquin side effect of itching reacts badly to Covid-19. There is a lot of ifs,what if and unknown with this virus and one has to be careful

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 11:38pm On Apr 07, 2020
I have been telling my people here sey na just cold and fever dey Naija, no Coronavirus. If na coro, let US send 10 confirmed coro patients to them for treatment and see if they will be able to treat or discharge them undecided
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 12:15am On Apr 08, 2020
STENON:
I have been telling my people here sey na just cold and fever dey Naija, no Coronavirus. If na coro, let US send 10 confirmed coro patients to them for treatment and see if they will be able to treat or discharge them undecided

Watch a covid survivor in Nigeria as she shares her story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWHKC6yY2AE

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 2:06am On Apr 08, 2020
claremont:

The drugs you are thinking of (CQ and HCQ) are not licensed for treating Covid19. They have not been assessed for efficacy and safety. When it comes to treating diseases, evidence-based medicine is the key. ''There is no harm in trying'' may seem right to you, but it is a misnomer in healthcare. There are medicines that could cause more harm than good to a patient who is already suffering from Covid19. CQ may be a very old drug that has been assessed for safety in malaria, but it hasn't been assessed for live covid19 patients. These two conditions are very different. Clinical trials are ongoing at the moment.

Well naija is using it, China said they used it, South Korea also used it...a group in France also have a positive research on it. Some doctors in the US say they have a 100% positive outcome with it with no known side effects...

Anyways I hope they find a solution fast
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 2:19am On Apr 08, 2020
fatima04:

Using those drugs just because of a positive result is drug abuse and most Nigerians are guilty of this with our shitty healthcare.

People react differently to drugs and can actually worsen some cases. What if the pirinton that prevents the chloroquin side effect of itching reacts badly to Covid-19. There is a lot of ifs,what if and unknown with this virus and one has to be careful

Well only people with symptoms are tested anyway, so they will be taking the drugs to prevent escalation, but I get your point...there is drug abuse in Naija but in this case I see it as a form of prevention rather than abuse, they say once someone has more than a cough, if body pains set in, then that person is most likely to deteriorate so taking medication early would be more like a prophylactic than an abuse...

Naija healthcare has its issues or but sometimes the healthcare in the UK is not very flexible, they know how to delay treatment. I feel preventive medicine is practiced in naija while more of curative medicine is practiced here in the UK

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mobilipia(f): 8:44am On Apr 08, 2020
umarwy:

I was sponsored by my university.
945 yes as stated in the guidance.
You are allowed to work. But technically you should be working on your business.
I'm interested in this, I've started making some research regarding it, please can I send you an email to discuss the ideas I have with you?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 12:32pm On Apr 08, 2020
Mobilipia:
I'm interested in this, I've started making some research regarding it, please can I send you an email to discuss the ideas I have with you?

Send an email on business ideas.

Visa questions ask here please
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mobilipia(f): 4:45pm On Apr 08, 2020
umarwy:

Send an email on business ideas.

Visa questions ask here please
I'm familiar with the visa process, so my question is about the business idea, I have some but will not like to expose them here too early.
Thank you, I will send an email now.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 5:37pm On Apr 08, 2020
EngrSaks:

Well only people with symptoms are tested anyway, so they will be taking the drugs to prevent escalation, but I get your point...there is drug abuse in Naija but in this case I see it as a form of prevention rather than abuse, they say once someone has more than a cough, if body pains set in, then that person is most likely to deteriorate so taking medication early would be more like a prophylactic than an abuse...

Naija healthcare has its issues or but sometimes the healthcare in the UK is not very flexible, they know how to delay treatment. I feel preventive medicine is practiced in naija while more of curative medicine is practiced here in the UK

Especially they keep telling you to keep a toddler with high temperature and cough hydrated despite it not getting better after 3days
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by oniranu: 6:24pm On Apr 08, 2020
Please, how does a Nigerian who wants to return to Nigeria from UK go about it especially when there is travel ban right now?
Does a Nigerian still have the right to return to Nigeria despite the lockdown everywhere?
Please house.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Spanishmilf(m): 6:26pm On Apr 08, 2020
oniranu:
Please, how does a Nigerian who wants to return to Nigeria from UK go about it especially when there is travel ban right now?
Does a Nigerian still have the right to return to Nigeria despite the lockdown everywhere?
Please house.
Oniranu oshi

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 6:50pm On Apr 08, 2020
fatima04:

Especially they keep telling you to keep a toddler with high temperature and cough hydrated despite it not getting better after 3days

Yeah, the have some very annoying procedures even when they see the severity...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 7:03pm On Apr 08, 2020
https://nidcom.gov.ng/covid-19-fg-gives-guidelines-for-evacuation-of-nigerian-nationals/

Seems they received overwhelming filled forms so registration closed lol. I was still able to access the form this morning so probably sending an email might help

oniranu:
Please house.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by oniranu: 7:05pm On Apr 08, 2020
Bourne007:
https://nidcom.gov.ng/covid-19-fg-gives-guidelines-for-evacuation-of-nigerian-nationals/

Seems they received overwhelming filled forms so registration closed lol. I was still able to access the form this morning so probably sending an email might help

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by oyoolima: 8:43pm On Apr 08, 2020
Some hospitals in sweden stopped the use of chloroquine for COVID because of severe side effects..seizures ,loss of vision etc

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/swedish-hospitals-chloroquine-covid-19-side-effects-1496368%3famp=1

If UK rushes into it, people will be lining up to sue for compensation in due course ie if GMC doesn't come after you first.

There is very low tolerance for mistakes of any sort.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:13am On Apr 09, 2020
Spanishmilf:
Oniranu oshi

Why do only like Spanish milfs....... grin Any particular reason(s).......... cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.