Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (569) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1310333 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 11:14am On Mar 11, 2021
marylandcakes:

So what you are saying is that the Nigerian police do not kill the citizens they are meant to protect?

They do but given a choice of money and taken life Nigerian police will go for the money.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by claremont(m): 3:31pm On Mar 11, 2021
marylandcakes:

ITV know what they were doing when they brought in that Rottweiler and bully to increase ratings. He has crossed so many lines and very aggressive when interviewing people. He thinks he is in the piers Morgan show. Good riddance to him. Everything Alex said was true, just because he didn’t get an invite to the wedding, he hounded the poor woman every chance he got.
What I did find disgusting was that the female co-presenters have sat silent for months whilst Piers has been indulging in his racist rants regarding Meghan. They sat there and did not say anything whilst one of their own was getting thrashed daily on TV. It took a black man to stand up and say enough is enough. It says a lot about the british establishment.

Meghan has done more to showcase systemic racism within the British monarchy in a single interview as compared to what black british campaigners have been trying to do for years. Piers is gone, Farage is gone. Hopefully, the same treatment will be meted out to a certain Nick Ferrari of LBC.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 3:42pm On Mar 11, 2021
deept:

They consider that work because you can hire someone to come and support the new mother and you are depriving that person of work even if you are not paying your mum. Don't ever give them the impression that the mum is coming to support

Exactly. That’s why I said this is the only lie I support. Say two weeks for visiting.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lawke: 8:06pm On Mar 11, 2021
Hello, How are you people doing it o, Anyone in Wolverhampton or Birmingham that has job link should please PM me. I can do any job to keep body and soul together. This student life is not easy... Biko
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 9:35pm On Mar 11, 2021
Pls DM

Lawke:
Hello, How are you people doing it o, Anyone in Wolverhampton or Birmingham that has job link should please PM me. I can do any job to keep body and soul together. This student life is not easy... Biko
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by missnigeria: 10:05pm On Mar 11, 2021
Hello house,
Please how much is the health and care dependent maintenance fees for spouse and kids..How many days or months bank statement and what other documents needs to be uploaded while applying. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by contra(m): 11:42pm On Mar 11, 2021
Oggg:
if the person inviting is not on ILR or citizenship... dnt write 5 or 6 months for a 1st time applicant is my opinion pls

Well, i did the exact same thing with my MIL and she stayed for 5 complete months, September 2020 to February 2021. I'm on tier 2 General. The immigration people called to asked where she's here when she arrived and madam explained.

I think it's more of the support you include in the application and the reasons you give. My opinion please.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by contra(m): 12:06am On Mar 12, 2021
missnigeria:
Hello house,
Please how much is the health and care dependent maintenance fees for spouse and kids..How many days or months bank statement and what other documents needs to be uploaded while applying. Thanks

This I believe is dependent on your visa type. For tier 2 visa, there's a section in your offer letter that says that, your employer will pay if you can't. This only show that your salary is capable of caring for your dependents for the duration they're staying. In which case, you only need to show bank statement for 3 to 6 months showing constant inflows and current balance if you have it, otherwise attached your offer letter. You need to only worry about the subsistence as the health surcharge should have been covered when you're applying for your visa.

For other categories of visa, (which I'll think student visa and visitor), the suggested cost of living is £680 per month for each dependant.

This is based on my experience bringing in my dependents and MIL in 2019 and 2020 respectively.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lawke: 2:31am On Mar 12, 2021
omopapa:
Pls DM

Hi, please I tried to DM you but I don’t know why it’s not letting me. Please can you DM me.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 10:36am On Mar 12, 2021
Please does a visitor from Nigeria need a transit visa when going through any of the EU countries? This wasn't the case before Brexit.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by quivah(f): 10:51am On Mar 12, 2021
Good morning. I received this from a group. How true is this?

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 11:13am On Mar 12, 2021
Yes it was never the case before Brexit. Transit visas are now required when stopping over in any EU country (unfortunately)

dustydee:
Please does a visitor from Nigeria need a transit visa when going through any of the EU countries? This wasn't the case before Brexit.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 11:23am On Mar 12, 2021
Bourne007:
Yes it was never the case before Brexit. Transit visas are now required when stopping over in any EU country (unfortunately)

Thanks. Advantage BA.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 12, 2021
quivah:
Good morning. I received this from a group. How true is this?

If you read the article, its says "no active recruitment"

It's simply a case of they won't come looking for you but will accept you if you come looking for them

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by steric58(m): 11:41am On Mar 12, 2021
Keshinr0:

If you read the article, its says "no active recruitment"

It's simply a case of they won't come looking for you but will accept you if you come looking for them
God bless you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by missnigeria: 4:01pm On Mar 12, 2021
Thanks for the information. I really appreciate. The type of Visa is the newly introduced health and care Visa.......

contra:

This I believe is dependent on your visa type. For tier 2 visa, there's a section in your offer letter that says that, your employer will pay if you can't. This only show that your salary is capable of caring for your dependents for the duration they're staying. In which case, you only need to show bank statement for 3 to 6 months showing constant inflows and current balance if you have it, otherwise attached your offer letter. You need to only worry about the subsistence as the health surcharge should have been covered when you're applying for your visa.

For other categories of visa, (which I'll think student visa and visitor), the suggested cost of living is £680 per month for each dependant.

This is based on my experience bringing in my dependents and MIL in 2019 and 2020 respectively.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mentored: 5:59pm On Mar 12, 2021
RalphJean:

What you left out:
1. The course you studied for the HND

2. The course(s) you would like to pursue in the UK.

Those 2 would go a long way in shaping the kind of responses you will get from folks here.

He might get an msc if he has some years of work experience at Coventry University

He can email ab4548coventry.ac.uk

or chat them up on 08073526439

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mostthankful: 12:03am On Mar 13, 2021
Hi everyone! Thank you all for the invaluable information you share here. You all have been selfless and it has been really enlightening.

My enquiry is:

1. If my spouse gets a CoS from an employer and tier2 work visa, can she travel with the family when she leaves or she has to go first and file for them to join her later?

2. Does the UK home office recognize marriage certificates obtained from religious institutions, other than a registry?

Thank you for you kind advice.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mostthankful: 12:10am On Mar 13, 2021
mostthankful:
Hi everyone! Thank you all for the invaluable information you share here. You all have been selfless and it has been really enlightening.

My enquiry is:

1. If my spouse gets a CoS from an employer and tier2 work visa, can she travel with the family when she leaves or she has to go first and file for them to join her later?

2. Does the UK home office recognize marriage certificates obtained from religious institutions, other than a registry?

Thank you for you kind advice.
@everyone here
@justwise, @lexusgs430 @fatima04 @marylandcakes @ralphjean @aphrodite007
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:24am On Mar 13, 2021
[quote author=mostthankful post=99838501][/quote]

Some churches have a government license, to issue properly documentated legally binding certificates......

Some mushroom churches don't............

Ensure you have the real deal..... If it's not, your marriage is not legally binding...... If he/she don dey show you shege, just PACK & GO......... grin

File all documents at one hit, travelling over is another matter...... Either one party comes over initially, and makes a path for others follow......

Your choice....... wink. Hope you are most thankful....... tongue

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mostthankful: 7:38am On Mar 13, 2021
Thank you, sir.

I understand this to mean it's possible for the family to travel over together, relocating at the same time, if they file their documents in 'one hit'. Correct?

If I realize that the marriage certificate that we have might not be acceptable to the UK authorities, can I regularize it retrospectively at the registry, without raising any red flag?

Thanks again for your prompt response.
Lexusgs430:

Some churches have a government license, to issue properly documentated legally binding certificates......

Some mushroom churches don't............

Ensure you have the real deal..... If it's not, your marriage is not legally binding...... If he/she don dey show you shege, just PACK & GO......... grin

File all documents at one hit, travelling over is another matter...... Either one party comes over initially, and makes a path for others follow......

Your choice....... wink. Hope you are most thankful....... tongue

Oh and yes, I'm most thankful. smiley

P.S: Responses from others are welcome, please.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 7:44am On Mar 13, 2021
mostthankful:
Thank you, sir.

I understand this to mean it's possible for the family to travel over together, relocating at the same time, if they file their documents in 'one hit'. Correct?

If I realize that the marriage certificate that we have might not be acceptable to the UK authorities, can I regularize it retrospectively at the registry, without raising any red flag?

Why do you think your marriage certificate is not acceptable
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:00am On Mar 13, 2021
mostthankful:
Thank you, sir.

Nothing can be done retrospectively....... You would have to get married again, at the registry..........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:00am On Mar 13, 2021
LagosismyHome:

If it's not issued by a proper authority, it's not an acceptable document............

May surprise/interest you to know, some religious centers issue fake certificates........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 8:44am On Mar 13, 2021
mostthankful:
@everyone here
@justwise, @lexusgs430 @fatima04 @marylandcakes @ralphjean @aphrodite007

1. Yes

Discuss with your spouse, cos if kids are involved settling down might take a bit longer, isolation might be a bit tougher if you all come at once

2. Yes.

I used a Sharia court marriage certificate issued by a state Sharia court.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 10:05am On Mar 13, 2021
mostthankful:
Thank you, sir.

If you've been living with your partner for more than 2 years (and in your case you also have shared children to boot), you're already in a relationship that the UK authorities will recognise, irrespective of what specific marriage-related paperwork you do or do not have. Don't go and do any "retrospective" regularisation, not needed.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mostthankful: 10:14am On Mar 13, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Thank you for your response.
I do not think it's not acceptable. I only know it's not from a court or a registry. It's from a religious institution and I don't know how the Brits accept that.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by veegal: 10:20am On Mar 13, 2021
Good morning everyone, thank you for all your contributions thus far. Please my people, we have been trying to secure an accommodation here in the UK(North), we have applied through some agents on Zoopla and Rightmove.

We got a house that was viewed, the agent said the Landlord has accepted our application after filling an online application form. We were askes to pay a holding fee, which we did. They requested for copies of our travel documents, Proofs of our legal stay in the country and our current address respectively.

We got a response that our files would be sent out to their refrencing team and we should expect their email.

Please my people, does it mean we are getting the accomodation?

We are tired of searching! One of the agents where we applied has been calling us so frequently to make the deposit; we are beginning to be doubtful of her genuineness. Please help!

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aare0506: 10:21am On Mar 13, 2021
Hello guys, How do I get my provisional driving license here in the Uk? I've checked online and I saw two options... £34 if you apply online and £43 by post, please which one is suitable for a JJC like me?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mostthankful: 10:22am On Mar 13, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

If you've been living with your partner for more than 2 years (and in your case you also have shared children to boot), you're already in a relationship that the UK authorities will recognise, irrespective of what specific marriage-related paperwork you do or do not have. Don't go and do any "retrospective" regularisation, not needed.
Lexusgs430:

Nothing can be done retrospectively....... You would have to get married again, at the registry..........

I see. Thank you.

LOL... at getting married again... smiley Even after kids. smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mostthankful: 10:31am On Mar 13, 2021
umarwy:

1. Yes

Discuss with your spouse, cos if kids are involved settling down might take a bit longer, isolation might be a bit tougher if you all come at once

2. Yes.

I used a Sharia court marriage certificate issued by a state Sharia court.

Thanks a bunch, @umarwy.
I'm hopeful that the isolation requirement would have eased by the time we're ready to travel.

And in any case, as long as the isolation requirement is still in place, the kids would have to shelter in with an adult anytime they travel to join. No?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:32am On Mar 13, 2021
mostthankful:

I see. Thank you.

LOL... at getting married again... smiley Even after kids. smiley

Even after grandkids......... wink

Let's hope the certificate your place of worship issued, is a legal document........ cheesy

I have known many cases, that couples got a marriage certificate, that was not better than the paper used to sell bole & epa.......... wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.