Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please (1419 Views)

Genotype Issue. Please Be Rational ( I Am Not A Religious Person) / Inter-religious Marriage, How Did You Overcome It's Challenges? / My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please by olumzz(m): 7:02pm On Nov 05, 2017
Hi guys, i need opinions. I am a muslim but my fiance is a Christian. We wanna get married nw bt her dad is a pastor. He is insisting his daughter cannot marry a muslim and i can't convert because islam made me who i am. A better person and dat is wat she fell in love with. I can't lie to them or pretend that I'm a Christian as my fiance suggested.
What can i do?
Re: Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 05, 2017
As a muslim, why would you wanna marry a xtian in the first place? It brings about conflict.

2 Likes

Re: Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please by DanseMacabre(m): 7:27pm On Nov 05, 2017
Mariinee:
As a muslim, why would you wanna marry a xtian in the first place? It brings about conflict.

As a Muslim male, it's totally okay for him to marry a Christian woman, but it is forbidden for a Muslim woman to marry a Christian man; it is tantamount to apostasy for them. I wonder what sort of advice the fellow seeks.
Re: Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 05, 2017
olumzz:
Hi guys, i need opinions. I am a muslim but my fiance is a Christian. We wanna get married nw bt her dad is a pastor. He is insisting his daughter cannot marry a muslim and i can't convert because islam made me who i am. A better person and dat is wat she fell in love with. I can't lie to them or pretend that I'm a Christian as my fiance suggested.
What can i do?
u as a Muslim will u allow ur daughter to marry a Christian man?
Re: Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please by PenlsCaP: 7:33pm On Nov 05, 2017
But ur muslim brothers wont tolerate ur woman going out with a christian male not to talk marriage.

Anyways i blame the slowpoke girl.. whiz dad happens to be a 'pastor'.
She is a disgrace to christianity.

1 Like

Re: Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please by madridguy(m): 7:33pm On Nov 05, 2017
Look for a Muslimah since her father is not in support of your alliance.

olumzz:
What can i do?
Re: Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 05, 2017
DanseMacabre:

As a Muslim male, it's totally okay for him to marry a Christian woman, but it is forbidden for a Muslim woman to marry a Christian man; it is tantamount to apostasy for them. I wonder what sort of advice the fellow seeks.
It is totally okay? Tell me something I don't know. sad
Re: Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please by angelTI(f): 7:44pm On Nov 05, 2017
It's your mumu fiancee I pity in all of these because love is still shacking her now. By the time her eyes clears,...

1 Like

Re: Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please by DanseMacabre(m): 8:01pm On Nov 05, 2017
Mariinee:
It is totally okay? Tell me something I don't know. sad

Oh. I guess I should have added the disclaimer: From a Muslim's POV.
Re: Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 05, 2017
DanseMacabre:

Oh. I guess I should have added the disclaimer: From a Muslim's POV.
I am a muslim.
Re: Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please by DanseMacabre(m): 8:06pm On Nov 05, 2017
Mariinee:
I am a muslim.
Tell me something I don't know, then.
Re: Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 05, 2017
Please leave our Christian Sister alone and look for a Muslim to marry. I blame your girl friend who is flicking around with a Muslim. God knows none of my sisters can have anything to do with Muslim. She would be ostracized that very day.

Kindly move forward and look for a Muslim to marry.

2 Likes

Re: Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please by ImaIma1(f): 1:37pm On Nov 06, 2017
What opinions do you need here. How would you even date a Christian whose father is even a pastor and expect him to accept.
That's how i was liking one Muslim guy and he wanted to marry me. I just tried to see my life in the next few years...both of us not being able to pray together as a couple...my kids going to ile kewu...blah blah. I quickly gave myself brain
Re: Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please by ysalli: 6:35pm On Nov 06, 2017
Brother, please, don't do it,
I was in your shoe, Hmmm, everybody in the family ware against it until I told them I'm going to run away from them if they insist, here I'm, when the problem come everybody run to what she grew up to believe, right inside of me I cry every day, "had I know,
now looking for a woman of this same faith as a second wife.
Please learn
Re: Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please by ysalli: 6:35pm On Nov 06, 2017
Brother, please, don't do it,
I was in your shoe, Hmmm, everybody in the family ware against it until I told them I'm going to run away from them if they insist, here I'm, when the problem come everybody run to what she and he grew up to believe, right inside of me I cry every day, "had I know,
now looking for a woman of this same faith as a second wife.
Please learn
Re: Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 06, 2017
Mariinee:
I am a muslim.

Ehen? Are you sure? With all the Bad things you have been doing on NL. Anyway...
Re: Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please by urbobo20(m): 10:26pm On Nov 06, 2017
the girl can go ahead , but I know some day she will surely come back to Christ and the guy will be the loser . that how my wife thought she can cover me to Muslim but now she love Christianity more than anything
Re: Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please by efighter: 7:19am On Nov 07, 2017
olumzz:
What can i do?

I am a Muslim married to a Christian lady whose father is a senior clergy man. We are happy together. Late Alh Abubakar Audu was married to Alhaja Aisha Audu, they had a very messy divorce. Atiku Abubakar's son is an Alhaji married to a Muslim woman from Bornu, we have been reading about their messy divorce in the newspapers. Pastors Chris Oyakhilome was married to Pastor (Mrs) Anita Oyakhilome, they had a messy divorce. Pastor Chris Okotie was married twice to two Pastor (Mrs), they are all apart now.

I have no advice for the O.P.

1 Like

Re: Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please by ImaIma1(f): 9:43am On Nov 07, 2017
efighter:

I am a Muslim married to a Christian lady whose father is a senior clergy man. We are happy together. Late Alh Abubakar Audu was married to Alhaja Aisha Audu, they had a very messy divorce. Atiku Abubakar's son is an Alhaji married to a Muslim woman from Bornu, we have been reading about their messy divorce in the newspapers. Pastors Chris Oyakhilome was married to Pastor (Mrs) Anita Oyakhilome, they had a messy divorce. Pastor Chris Okotie was married twice to two Pastor (Mrs), they are all apart now.

I have no advice for the O.P.

You mentioned few amongst a million couples. Being married and practicing different religions creates complications. When children come...will they go to church or mosque?... if we need to pray together as a couple, do we kneel down or take the Muslim position?
Before going into a lifetime decision like that, you must weigh your options. Think five to ten years down the line.
My cousin married a muslim against her family's advice but she said they were in love and he promised not to marry another wife cheesy. Years later; when he wanted to take a 2nd wife, she raised hell, earth...everything but her family didn't even support her. They told her that she has to live with her life decision. He has a third wife now grin ...a young fresh 19yr old chick.
Op i know you are the man in this case and you have the advantage but you still have to think about how the future will be when the love shacking is out the window.
Re: Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please by efighter: 10:29am On Nov 07, 2017
ImaIma1:
What opinions do you need here. How would you even date a Christian whose father is even a pastor and expect him to accept.
That's how i was liking one Muslim guy and he wanted to marry me. I just tried to see my life in the next few years...both of us not being able to pray together as a couple...my kids going to ile kewu...blah blah. I quickly gave myself brain

Ask Senator (Pastor) Oluremi Tinubu how her life is being married to a Muslim named Bola Ahmed Tinubu for about 40 years now. Also also Dame Emmanuella Fashola how her life is being married to a Muslim named Raji Fashola for over 30 years now. I have several instances around me but I just have to mention people you know. My sister, God first and everything shall fall in place.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

??? / How Are Judges Appointed In Nigeria? / Can He Still Marry Me after sex with his brother?...please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.