Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? (4324 Views)

Why Are Most Nigerian Guys So Wicked And Silly / Why So Afraid? / How To Tell If A Guy Likes You: Does He Like You? Why Are Guys So Hard To Read? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Diva20(f): 4:42pm On Mar 19, 2010
You say like her, she says she likes you, you both go out. She meets your friends and you meet hers. You both engage in sexual activities, you like it but basically you don't want to put a ring on it. What is the point of dating and then falling in love, then call it quits for some odd reason? What are you afraid of?
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by spikedcylinder: 4:48pm On Mar 19, 2010
Guys like to be able to do the same thing with 20 more females and half the time, they are not really in love.
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Diva20(f): 4:56pm On Mar 19, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Guys like to be able to do the same thing with 20 more females and half the time, they are not really in love.

I agree, but then why waste her time letting her think you're in love? Just let her know what you want up front. If you want sex tell her, you might not get it but at least you're being honest.
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 19, 2010
I agree I prefer it if a man said im just in it for the s3x then to say I love you and then shag and sprint.
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Kgdavid(m): 5:04pm On Mar 19, 2010
Diva 2.0:

I agree, but then why waste her time letting her think you're in love? Just let her know what you want up front. If you want intimacy tell her, you might not get it but at least you're being honest.

Ebonyeyes:

I agree I prefer it if a man said im just in it for the s3x then to say I love you and then sleep with and sprint.

that would be tantamount to him shooting himself in the foot
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by brutal(m): 5:05pm On Mar 19, 2010
A real man will commit if he finds d right woman. . .
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Moyola(f): 5:08pm On Mar 19, 2010
Well, a gurl should knw whatzup from d start rather than engaging in all. . . n expect d guy to pop d commitment qweshun later on. . such will only hasten d decision of a guy already suffering from 'commitmentphobia'! tongue

Buh d thing is if yu r d 1 he wanz. . .he'll commit!
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Kgdavid(m): 5:11pm On Mar 19, 2010
truth is if he told you all he wanted was sex then you would be very insulted no?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by spikedcylinder: 5:13pm On Mar 19, 2010
Diva 2.0:

I agree, but then why waste her time letting her think you're in love? Just let her know what you want up front. If you want intimacy tell her, you might not get it but at least you're being honest.

You ask this assuming a lot of guys are reasonable? cheesy
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 19, 2010
Commitment= paying a king's ransom for 'something' another goat would sooner or later 'do' for free. Whats the sense in that?

Show me the one LOYAL female that's worth committing to and i'll put a (diamond) ring on it right away.
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by omega25red(m): 5:21pm On Mar 19, 2010
dating is just that "dating" you can date fall in love have sex and meet the friends but what else are you doing to make sure the initial mutual intrest stays the same?
honestly though (poor excuse) men are wired to look for the newest and freshest girl because no matter how hot you look no matter how good your bed game is and all the other stuff our mind is always on what the next hot girl can do.
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Diva20(f): 5:25pm On Mar 19, 2010
pro01:

Commitment= paying a king's ransom for 'something' another goat would sooner or later 'do' for free. Whats the sense in that?

Show me the one LOYAL female that's worth committing to and i'll put a (diamond) ring on it right away.

You wouldn't find one with that thinking.

spikedcylinder:

You ask this assuming a lot of guys are reasonable? cheesy

brutal:

And some men wouldn't commit even if she gave herself up.

Kgdavid:

It's more honorable to say you're looking for a friend with benefits than to lead her on.
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by iice(f): 5:28pm On Mar 19, 2010
I don't see why you have to put a ring on it because you're dating or in love.  Sure it's the usual route but not everyone is lucky to be on that route.  Like ebonyeyes, i prefer to have it laid out. 
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Diva20(f): 5:36pm On Mar 19, 2010
omega25red:

dating is just that "dating" you can date fall in love have intimacy and meet the friends but what else are you doing to make sure the initial mutual intrest stays the same?
honestly though (poor excuse) men are wired to look for the newest and freshest girl because no matter how hot you look no matter how good your bed game is and all the other stuff our mind is always on what the next hot girl can do.

You shouldn't just be in it for the bed game though . . . that's how you get STDs. Hardly the point though, if you are the type to move on when you feel like like there's nothing new, let her know up front. Often times when guys see a woman "playing hard to get", most times all she's just afraid of being hurt again.

iice:

I don't see why you have to put a ring on it because you're dating or in love.  Sure it's the usual route but not everyone is lucky to be on that route.  Like ebonyeyes, i prefer to have it laid out. 

Yeah that's what I said, I'd rather you tell me, I'm only here for the sex and that's it than tell me you love me and later, break up with me for no good reason after you've got it. If you are going to tell me you love me, you have to be committed.
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 19, 2010
True or False?
Love is the price a man pays for sex
sex is the price a woman pays for love.

If only all women would collaborate and deny them intimacy, trust me they would put a ring on our fingers grin grin
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Girl846(f): 5:46pm On Mar 19, 2010
No offense,
There is a popular saying:
"Why buy the cow when the milk is free?"
Guys sometimes don't see the point of committing to a girl when they can get all the 'milk' they need without committing. They have nothing more to gain by committing to you because you have already given them 'everything'. Committing will only add pressure to them. They like things easy.

Everyone knows that with the way world runs, sex does not equal love.
"giving it up" will never assure you of a man's love. (Its sad but thats just the way it is)

But yes, as many people have already stated, They will commit if you are the 'one'.

rokiatu
link=topic=415961.msg5725535#msg5725535 date=1269017076:

If only all women would collaborate and deny them intimacy, trust me they would put a ring on our fingers grin grin

rokiatu - I LOVE YOUR THINKING! Women make it too easy for men to misbehave themselves! If women collaborate and deny them intimacy, by-force by-force they will behave like prince charming. The world will be a better place  grin
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by iice(f): 5:56pm On Mar 19, 2010
Diva 2.0:

Yeah that's what I said, I'd rather you tell me, I'm only here for the intimacy and that's it than tell me you love me and later, break up with me for no good reason after you've got it. If you are going to tell me you love me, you have to be committed.

Got what? the sex?
Men usually want the sex. . .women want to be loved. Men don't have to say it to get it, women shouldn't let men think they need to say it, to get it.

True or false @ the men. Have you not had the 'Tell me you love' during sex? i scatter laugh after i heard that. . . women are as much the culprits. They feed the men what the men can use on them.
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by daduke2k(m): 6:00pm On Mar 19, 2010
Yeah, so what? I see u somwher, Can u be my friend? U refuse 4 sumtim, then accept. It leads 2 se.x, am satisfied ,find an xcuse and it ends. I catch anoda fish. Y shld i put a ring on it. Wen am thoroughly satisfied wit playin , i get serious. Thats it .
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by abrahym(m): 6:01pm On Mar 19, 2010
As for me,i fear pregnancy
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by candylips(m): 6:05pm On Mar 19, 2010
rokiatu:

True or False?
Love is the price a man pays for intimacy
intimacy is the price a woman pays for love.

wow i haven't tot of it this way before o  smiley
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Diva20(f): 6:06pm On Mar 19, 2010
iice:

Got what? the intimacy?
Men usually want the intimacy. . .women want to be loved. Men don't have to say it to get it, women shouldn't let men think they need to say it, to get it.

True or false @ the men. Have you not had the 'Tell me you love' during intimacy? i scatter laugh after i heard that. . . women are as much the culprits. They feed the men what the men can use on them.

I feel you on this.
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by martin1(m): 6:06pm On Mar 19, 2010
rokiatu:

True or False?

i thought, i ought to test my goods b4 buying. . .
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by candylips(m): 6:14pm On Mar 19, 2010
@poster

marriage is more complex than those bar bones descriptions you have made
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by follypimpi(m): 7:01pm On Mar 19, 2010
rokiatu:

True or False?

Dem no go pour sand for your GARRI oo,so u think y'all too don't enjoy the intimacy is a 2 way thing.If you don't give it up & we put a ring on it,we can always DIVORCE after the getting the intimacy.
Kapish

1 Like

Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 19, 2010
rokiatu:

True or False?

women and their skin deep thinking. Always (subconsciously?) deceitful. So you mean sex is nothing to women? That they only do it reluctantly to satisfy men? What nonsense. So why do they say they want a 'stud'? Why lust after a konk supplier of a thing you claim not to like? Just like me saying ishiewu is bitter but i proceed to order a jumbo mortar! If women want 'love' and not intimacy then impotent men ought to be da bomb for y'all! There're a few impotent men out there, why not get one as a committed lover?

Part of this grand deceit is why you girls feel intimacy should be your only 'contribution' in a relationship, like you dont enjoy it.

**worst of all they'll deny a genuinely committed lover-boy of sex and give it to another ruud boy**
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by follypimpi(m): 7:10pm On Mar 19, 2010
pro01:

women and their skin deep thinking. Always (subconsciously?) deceitful. So you mean intimacy is nothing to women? That they only do it reluctantly to satisfy men? What nonsense. So why do they say they want a 'stud'? Why lust after a konk supplier of a thing you claim not to like? Just like me saying ishiewu is bitter but i proceed to order a jumbo mortar! If women want 'love' and not intimacy then impotent men ought to be da bomb for y'all! There're a few impotent men out there, why not get one as a committed lover?

Part of this grand deceit is why you girls feel intimacy should be your only 'contribution' in a relationship, like you dont enjoy it.

**worst of all they'll deny a genuinely committed lover-boy of intimacy and give it to another ruud boy**

MINTTTSSSS
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by nwabuking5(m): 7:17pm On Mar 19, 2010
every girl want men to be committed to her. but they never take time to ask them self if they worth it.  commitment is not something u can just do because a man and a woman find them self on top of the bed and satisfied them self. from there they think they have loved each other. so there for they can commit to each other. someone need time to study the parson he or she want to be committed to, so that u will not use ur hand to bring snake into ur house to bite u.
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Krissykriss(m): 8:24pm On Mar 19, 2010
How many times will i say this? Love doesnt live here anymore. All we do is deception. The guy says he loves u cos he wants sex, d girl says she loves u cos she wants u to marry her. Deception!
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Sagamite(m): 8:40pm On Mar 20, 2010
Diva 2.0:

You say like her, she says she likes you, you both go out. She meets your friends and you meet hers. You both engage in sexual activities, you like it but basically you don't want to put a ring on it. What is the point of dating and then falling in love, then call it quits for some odd reason? What are you afraid of?

I am going to play devil's advocate here.

Why does putting a ring (commitment) have to be part of the package? Why can't it just stay and continue at "You say like her, she says she likes you, you both go out. She meets your friends and you meet hers. You both engage in sexual activities."?
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Sagamite(m): 8:44pm On Mar 20, 2010
Kgdavid:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

LWKMD

brutal:

So men that do not intend to marry are not "real" men? Are they eunuchs?

Girl846:

No offense,
There is a popular saying:
"Why buy the cow when the milk is free?"
Guys sometimes don't see the point of committing to a girl when they can get all the 'milk' they need without committing. They have nothing more to gain by committing to you because you have already given them 'everything'.
Committing will only add pressure to them. They like things easy.

Everyone knows that with the way world runs, Intimacy equal love.
"giving it up" will never assure you of a man's love. (Its sad but thats just the way it is)

But yes, as many people have already stated, They will commit if you are the 'one'.

rokiatu - I LOVE YOUR THINKING! Women make it too easy for men to misbehave themselves! If women collaborate and deny them intimacy, by-force by-force they will behave like prince charming. The world will be a better place  grin

Er . . . . . . . .sex is not what most guys are looking for in a woman, so it is not "everything".
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by MuNeme(m): 11:43pm On Mar 20, 2010
Is this a conspiracy against the menfolk?
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Tarmpa: 12:23am On Mar 21, 2010
As 4 me,i dont go sleepn with d girl i dont love & cant marry.I propose as soon as i discover that she's good enouph 4 me,i'm always very happy to spend so much on them without looking back,all because of love.But what do they pay me back with? Disapointment, infidelity,& any bad thing u can think of.Just imagine me, catching my ex fiancee,RED HANDED,cheatn on me just few weeks 2 our weddn, Tell me! Why wont i be too scared of commitment even if i eventually fall in love again? Hmn,i'lld like 2 study,study, study,& study d girl until i'm tired.& what will she say? That guy is baaad! He does'nt want 2 be commited! He's only using me!.U see.,Some men are not born 2 be scared of commitment,but d attitude of d babes arround them make them 2 be.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Men Fall So Cheap By Sleeping With Their Girlfriends Before Marriage? / 10 Wife Duties To Avoid With Boyfriends / A Delsu Student Proposes To Her Guy In Front Of The Class !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.