Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? (4325 Views)

Why Are Most Nigerian Guys So Wicked And Silly / Why So Afraid? / How To Tell If A Guy Likes You: Does He Like You? Why Are Guys So Hard To Read? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by dns(m): 7:26pm On Mar 22, 2010
why guys are afraid to commit is just because they no want heart break, alot of women her heart robbers, 4 me i think its really unfair with guys the way women treat them so they are always mindfull of them selves. how can your own girl or lover publicly deny you saying she never new you it's really unfair so pls dont put ur blems on guys raither u ladies should go back and have a rethink over ur chioce of men, because u people laways think the new cash is better than the one at hand always. this all i have to say for now!!!!!!

S.D
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 22, 2010
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit?

Small boy mentality. grin
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by ayettymama(f): 9:31pm On Mar 22, 2010
na2day they send u to me??

can one no longer appreciate the work of God??

me i wont deny i like fine men!!!

but im very well aware that looks dont define someone!

im not a child!

alot of men come on nl sayin things like

thier gf's are gettin fat and they want to end the relationship

their wives no longer wear make up

his gf doesnt look like beyonce!
if someone was telling these women to run from shallow mofo's b4 the women wont be havin any problem!
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by chic2pimp(m): 10:26pm On Mar 22, 2010
davidylan:

Because men are looking for something very few women can offer. Companionship, understanding, patience and a loving nature.
A lot of women spend too much time on their outward appearance and think that +  intimacy should be enough to earn them a ring. nothing could be farther from the truth.
GBAM!!!!!!
Infact three Gbosas for you
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by na2day2(m): 7:47am On Mar 23, 2010
ayettymama:

na2day they send u to me??

can one no longer appreciate the work of God??

me i wont deny i like fine men!!!

but im very well aware that looks dont define someone!

im not a child!

alot of men come on nl sayin things like

thier gf's are gettin fat and they want to end the relationship

their wives no longer wear make up

his gf doesnt look like beyonce!
if someone was telling these women to run from shallow mofo's b4 the women wont be havin any problem!

some how u miss all NL girls say abt naija men, abeg make we hear word!
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by madlady(f): 8:03am On Mar 23, 2010
@Topic, I really don't think they are afraid to commit.

Sadly the  guy who wants to commit to you may not be the one YOU want to commit to.
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 23, 2010
I think it's only the responsible ones like me that's ready to commit themselves.

But HELL NO to 'em players, they just wanna eat the Kitty-Cat until the Kitty-Cat gets wider and flee to seek for another tight Kitty-Cat.

It's only a very dumb chick that's gonna feel too relax for the players.
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by kpolli(m): 1:08pm On Mar 23, 2010
meeting ur friends aint enuff commitment??
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Diva20(f): 7:49pm On Mar 23, 2010
I love that there are so many different responses and I'm sorry I can't get to respond to each one of them but I'll respond to this one.

davidylan:

Because men are looking for something very few women can offer. Companionship, understanding, patience and a loving nature.
A lot of women spend too much time on their outward appearance and think that +  intimacy should be enough to earn them a ring. nothing could be farther from the truth.

I understand and agree with where you're coming from. However, you have to agree even when men meet the few who offer all that and more, some of them would still not be ready for a serious relationship. Which leads me to agree with what someone said, men really don't know what they want. It's not even about marriage or even living together, it's just showing that you truly love her.
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Diva20(f): 7:51pm On Mar 23, 2010
Oh and to all the concerned men on this thread, I'm actually in a relationship lol
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by na2day2(m): 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2010
Diva 2.0:

I love that there are so many different responses and I'm sorry I can't get to respond to each one of them but I'll respond to this one.

I understand and agree with where you're coming from. However, you have to agree even when men meet the few who offer all that and more, some of them would still not be ready for a serious relationship. Which leads me to agree with what someone said, men really don't know what they want. It's not even about marriage or even living together, it's just showing that you truly love her.

right! but women always know what they what abi?
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by asoderock(m): 4:17pm On Oct 20, 2010
@post,
But you can agree there are a lot of 'committed men'.
Thing is, if you are worth commitment, men will commit to you.
Otherwise check yourself in & out-there is something you are probabily not doing right.
Just that many men will not tell you, and might decide to bleep a little longer.
Commitment cost men a lot, so only a truely deserving woman gets it!
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Sagamite(m): 4:27pm On Oct 20, 2010
stillwater:

Small boy mentality. grin

And what does small girl mentality entail?  tongue
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Sagamite(m): 4:31pm On Oct 20, 2010
asoderock:

@post,
But you can agree there are a lot of 'committed men'.
Thing is, if you are worth commitment, men will commit to you.
Otherwise check yourself in & out-there is something you are probabily not doing right.
Just that many men will not tell you, and might decide to bleep a little longer.
Commitment cost men a lot, so only a truely deserving woman gets it!

Not really.

Unfortunately some girls are not aesthetically good looking enough to attract commitment. That is unfortunate.

But if a girl is hot and still can't find a man to commit, she is either fked up as a person or makes fked up choices. It is usually more frequently the former though.
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by kokoye(m): 5:16pm On Oct 20, 2010
Diva 2.0:

Oh and to all the concerned men on this thread, I'm actually in a relationship lol

Has he put a ring on it? grin
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by luap: 8:05pm On Oct 20, 2010
here is some wisdom an old timer shared with me:

Men control commitment, and Women control sx.

If you running across alot of guys that won't commit, learn how to use sx to get commitment.  Now go back to school and learn the power dynamic between the sxes.
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by WhyAWhy(m): 3:23pm On Oct 26, 2010
[size=16pt]LMAO, you open your laps to a guy wit the hope that his commitments would be firm on you,

Please somebody wake this women up, are you kidding me?[/size]
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Youngpo413: 1:48pm On Sep 03, 2014
Diva20:

I agree, but then why waste her time letting her think you're in love? Just let her know what you want up front. If you want sex tell her, you might not get it but at least you're being honest.

learner
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Youngpo413: 1:58pm On Sep 03, 2014
rokiatu: True or False?
Love is the price a man pays for sex
sex is the price a woman pays for love.

If only all women would collaborate and deny them intimacy, trust me they would put a ring on our fingers grin grin

very true!
You know I read somewhere that "men show love to get sex and women give sex to get love"....and at the end they(women) get nothing.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Youngpo413: 2:02pm On Sep 03, 2014
Girl846: If women collaborate and deny them intimacy, by-force by-force they will behave like prince charming. The world will be a better place  grin

sadly,women are the horniest nowadays,most cant do without sex.
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Youngpo413: 2:10pm On Sep 03, 2014
pro01:

women and their skin deep thinking. Always (subconsciously?) deceitful. So you mean sex is nothing to women? That they only do it reluctantly to satisfy men? What nonsense. So why do they say they want a 'stud'? Why lust after a konk supplier of a thing you claim not to like? Just like me saying ishiewu is bitter but i proceed to order a jumbo mortar! If women want 'love' and not intimacy then impotent men ought to be da bomb for y'all! There're a few impotent men out there, why not get one as a committed lover?

Part of this grand deceit is why you girls feel intimacy should be your only 'contribution' in a relationship, like you dont enjoy it.

**worst of all they'll deny a genuinely committed lover-boy of sex and give it to another ruud boy**

...at the end they cry of heartbreak,ladies loves rude boys shaaa.
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Youngpo413: 2:40pm On Sep 03, 2014
martinosi:

CO-SIGN

And i guess that the thread-starter is wondering why a particular guy does not
what to commiit to her lol!!!

desperation!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Men Fall So Cheap By Sleeping With Their Girlfriends Before Marriage? / Yeaaah Fish!! Picture Of Me And A Popular Romancelander Guess Who?(pix) / 8 REASONS WHY NIGERIANS GIRLS ARE NOT MARRIAGE WORTHY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.