Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,958 members, 7,852,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:14 PM

Is Jesus God? - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus God? (79656 Views)

They Made Jesus God For Christians! / Is Jesus God or Equal to God? / Is Jesus God?(divine Ranking) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2017
salvation101:
They are distinct in personality but they are one in purpose.
How does that count as Trinity then? A family of a man, a wife and a child can also count as trinity, isn't it? It has got to be because it was mentioned in the same sentence with the progression of headship in 1 Corinthians 11:3. What is the personality of the holy spirit? What form is your person of the holy spirit, a dove or fire? When it appeared as a dove, did it take up flesh and gave up his Godship just as your Jesus did?
salvation101:
Asking to show where Jesus and the Holy Spirit exercised their will, luke5:12,13. Jesus christ expressed his willingness to heal the leprose man and in Ephesian 4:7-12 we receive grace and the gifts for ministry according to how Christ aportioned it. 1cor 11 :12 tells us about the gifts of the spirit and that it is abortioned according to the will of the Holy Spirit.
Amazing! How does that agree with John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.
Can you explain who was lying above? Someone has to be lying. John 5:30 "I can do nothing on My own initiative..."
Someone must be lying. Luke 22:42; Hebrews 10:9 I have come to do your will.
salvation101:
Now concerning 2tim 3:16, it says all of scriptures were inspired by God. Wat do you understand by that? For me, inspiration could be spiritual encounter (the prophets), physical (like dey r just doing their job like the scribes who wrote the historical books) It doesn't mean it was dictated to them by the God. An artist can be inspired by music, nature or an event. It doesn't mean it was dictated to him by this sources of inspiration. In d gospels we see the personalities of those who wrote the books (matt, mark, luke, john) reflected in their accounts. Jesus said, moses gave u a bill for divorcement because of ur hardeness of heart but in the beginning it was not so... Moses wrote more than the pentateuch, he wrote psalms, some jews believe he wrote the book of job as well.
Are you in other words arguing that all scriptures were not inspired by God? Yes or no? 1 Thessalonians 2:13 Indeed, that is why we also thank God unceasingly, because when you received God’s word, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but, just as it truthfully is, as the word of God, which is also at work in you believers.
salvation101:

The source to the language Jesus and his disciples spoke is here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_of_Jesus
During the time of Jesus on earth, the most common spoken language was Aramaic u can verify The emboldened is your comment. During Jesus existence there were numerous languages spoke on earth. Aramaic was a dying language. Greece was conquered above a hundred years earlier and at the time the Greek language held a paramount force in that empire. The best universities or learning institutes were in Athens. The Greecian culture was still very influential. Have you ever wondered why the New Testament is called the Greek scripture or why it was written in Greek?
salvation101:
He would write Jesus word as it sounded just for record purpose and for the ridicle dat followed for tge ppl around said he was calling on elias(or elijah if u like).
This is absolutely farcical and an insult to Apostle Matthew. Do you think he was drunk or he had down Syndrome? Have you paid attention to that verse at all? He said 'WHICH MEANS', not which sounds? That was well-written and well spelt out. Your thought shows a distaste and disapproval of the Bible as the genuine word of God. It prompts scepticism of the Bible. The Bible is inspired by God not by guess. You are not a Jew and you do not speak Aramaic. You cannot teach an Apostle his language or try to discredit some verses in the book that he was inspired to write.
salvation101:

The new testament was written in greek, this was d Roman empire but before then the greek empire (under Alexander the great) had reign so dis was their civilization. The entire new testament was written in greek.
If it was, why do you discredit Matthews account? Do you know the Bible passed from Greek to Latin to some German before English and no scholar spotted an error in Eli but you and your cohort?
Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 12:34pm On Dec 11, 2017
harbjar I have given you what you asked for, do you have anymore doubts or questions?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 11, 2017
lovingJehovah:
How does that count as Trinity then? A family of a man, a wife and a child can also count as trinity, isn't it? It has got to be because it was mentioned in the same sentence with the progression of headship in 1 Corinthians 11:3. What is the personality of the holy spirit? What form is your person of the holy spirit, a dove or fire? When it appeared as a dove, did it take up flesh and gave up his Godship just as your Jesus did?
Amazing! How does that agree with John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.
Can you explain who was lying above? Someone has to be lying. John 5:30 "I can do nothing on My own initiative..."
Someone must be lying. Luke 22:42; Hebrews 10:9 I have come to do your will.
Are you in other words arguing that all scriptures were not inspired by God? Yes or no? 1 Thessalonians 2:13 Indeed, that is why we also thank God unceasingly, because when you received God’s word, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but, just as it truthfully is, as the word of God, which is also at work in you believers.
During the time of Jesus on earth, the most common spoken language was Aramaic u can verify The emboldened is your comment. During Jesus existence there were numerous languages spoke on earth. Aramaic was a dying language. Greece was conquered above a hundred years earlier and at the time the Greek language held a paramount force in that empire. The best universities or learning institutes were in Athens. The Greecian culture was still very influential. Have you ever wondered why the New Testament is called the Greek scripture or why it was written in Greek?
This is absolutely farcical and an insult to Apostle Matthew. Do you think he was drunk or he had down Syndrome? Have you paid attention to that verse at all? He said 'WHICH MEANS', not which sounds? That was well-written and well spelt out. Your thought shows a distaste and disapproval of the Bible as the genuine word of God. It prompts scepticism of the Bible. The Bible is inspired by God not by guess. You are not a Jew and you do not speak Aramaic. You cannot teach an Apostle his language or try to discredit some verses in the book that he was inspired to write.
If it was, why do you discredit Matthews account? Do you know the Bible passed from Greek to Latin to some German before English and no scholar spotted an error in Eli but you and your cohort?
U r only going tru convolutions to avoid facts, u are asking the form of Holy Spirit, u should first of all tell me the Form pf the Father. Wen paul said The grace of our Lord Jesus, The love of God and cominion of the Holy Spirit, was he talking about a single person?

Am glad u recognize the verses i quoted as Jesus exercising His will.
Nobody was lying u just can't understand cos u av chosen to cos it the same thing av been repeating

I am in no way saying the scriptures weren't inspired but questioning ur understanding of the word "inspired". According to wat u just quoted in thessalonia, u just amplified my point, i wonder y u still arguing.

Lol i gave u a source to Wikipedia nd i don't know why u are saying away from wat u saw.. Oh u now agree d new testament was written in greek, how nice. Am happy

D only one insulting d Apostle here is u. He quoted the Aramaic word Jesus shoted on the cross in his book. He recorded it that the jews didn't understand as dey said he was calling Elijah even though he wrote the exact meaning. Oh u mean i can't teach dem greek huh cos u just agreed in ur previous writing dat d new testament was written in greek..

I don't really get ur last point. Are u saying matt wrote the entire book in aramaic?

Now my question to u cos av taking alot of urs already. The greek called God Theos and Lord krios. How come both words are translated to mean Jehova in ur bible?
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 2:49pm On Dec 11, 2017
salvation101:

U r only going tru convolutions to avoid facts, u are asking the form of Holy Spirit, u should first of all tell me the Form pf the Father. Wen paul said The grace of our Lord Jesus, The love of God and cominion of the Holy Spirit, was he talking about a single person?
It is very plain in that sentence made by Paul who he referred to as God and who he believed to be God. He specifically mentioned the love OF GOD. 2 persons were mentioned God and Jesus and then it says communion(sharing or exchange) of THE(notice the definite article which is not present in any of the two PERSONS mentioned) Holy Spirit. Haven't you noticed that the Holy Spirit is a gift? I never convoluted, I am trailing behind you to see how far you can push your doctrine. Feel free to tell me the form of the Holy Spirit. I really want to know because it came to the earth as a dove and fire. Dove has flesh, so I am asking at the time it left the heaven and took up the flesh in the earth, did it give up his Godship(as you claim it is a God)? It is a serious question that needs an answer. The Bible says that God is a spirit. Moses who you said wrote with hindsight wrote in Exodus 33:20 that no man can see God(Elohim) and live. The Holy Spirit was seen and Jesus was seen but the father was not. Give and take, what does it prove? Let me address the question in this fashion, Can any man see Elohim and live? If Jesus and Holy Spirit 'is'(or make up) Elohim, you may argue that they left their Godship in heaven and came to earth. Good! Now when on earth, do these quoted scriptures apply to them as God(Elohim) or Flesh?
salvation101:

Am glad u recognize the verses i quoted as Jesus exercising His will.
Nobody was lying u just can't understand cos u av chosen to cos it the same thing av been repeating
I never accepted that as his will because the Bible never proved that. Jesus himself said that he does nothing of his own initiative. Do you know what that means? His life here on earth had been planned all in the law that is why he said that he came to fulfil it. And he said that he came to do the will of the Father. How would his will have been possible when he said he does nothing away from his own Father's will?
salvation101:

I am in no way saying the scriptures weren't inspired but questioning ur understanding of the word "inspired". According to wat u just quoted in thessalonia, u just amplified my point, i wonder y u still arguing.
Can you explain the word inspired using the Bible? keep in mind 2 Peter 1:21 For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.
salvation101:

Lol i gave u a source to Wikipedia nd i don't know why u are saying away from wat u saw.. Oh u now agree d new testament was written in greek, how nice. Am happy
I never argued that the New Testament was written in Greek. Even a toddler knows that it is called the Greek Scripture. The question is that you are discrediting Apostle Matthews insertion of the Aramaic language as in the Greek scripture. The Bible says that Eli means My God, but you discredit it and claim that Eloi rather than Eli is the right word that Apostle Matthew should have used. So, I asked you, what Bible do you use? You said that Matthew misheard Jesus and you made a reference to the soldier thinking that he was calling out Elijah. Then, I said that If the Bible endured thousands of years and translations from Greek to Latin to German to English without an alteration of the Aramaic words used in that verse in Matthew 27:46, and no one questioned the use of ELI as Apostle Matthew used it, who are you to discredit it and propose something else? I also brought to your knowledge that Matthew was a native speaker of Aramaic and a learned man who was skilled in writing as he used to be a tax collector. I never asked a question about the New Testament being written in Greek. You can read my previous comments for clarification. The question still is 'are you saying that the book of Matthew is not fully reliable for you to doubt the veracity of ELI as used by the Apostle Matthew? Your proposition of Eloi, as opposed to Eli, prompts scepticism in your mind and the minds of others. That is what I said. But My question still stands and I need answers.
salvation101:

D only one insulting d Apostle here is u. He quoted the Aramaic word Jesus shoted on the cross in his book. He recorded it that the jews didn't understand as dey said he was calling Elijah even though he wrote the exact meaning. Oh u mean i can't teach dem greek huh cos u just agreed in ur previous writing dat d new testament was written in greek..
Standing on this pedestal means that your belief in the Bible is shakeable. The Bible says that the Scripture is inspired by God. The men wrote what came from God. Are you questioning God's inspiration or comparing the apostle who were inspired by God to soldiers who impaled Jesus?
salvation101:

I don't really get ur last point. Are u saying matt wrote the entire book in aramaic?
I will explain myself. The Greek Scripture that you know as the New Testament was written in Greek. There has never been a doubt about that. In Matthew 27:46, Apostle Matthew quoted Jesus in Aramaic. In his words, Eli means 'My God' which he translated into Greek in that same verse. That particular verse was written in two languages(Aramaic and Greek). Over the years many translators have translated that particular verse and preserved the Aramaic language which was a quote from Jesus.
Fastforward to 2017, here you are discrediting the verse as an erroneous paraphrase. Your claim is that Eli should have been Eloi. That is the issue here. I am now asking if you have any doubt of the credibility of the scripture or particularly the book written by Matthew. Because you relegated Matthew to the class of the soldier who had no inspiration by God.
salvation101:

Now my question to u cos av taking alot of urs already. The greek called God Theos and Lord krios. How come both words are translated to mean Jehova in ur bible?
Both words are not translated to mean Jehovah. Jehovah has always been written in Hebrew Characters as the Tetragrammaton YHWH which is Translated as Jehovah in the English language. From copies of Masoretic texts that were discovered in the mid 20th century it was uncovered that the Tetragrammaton appeared in the Septuagint hence for every quote of the old testament in the Greek Scriptures, the name was restored. We have no problem with Theos or Kyrios. Our joy is in the actual name of our God which is Jehovah.
Re: Is Jesus God? by achorladey: 3:20pm On Dec 11, 2017
salvation101:
oh so u dismiss the plurality that occurs 2700 times over a verse u could as well not understand its meaning
I have nothing to worry about the pluralism of God, it your concept not mine. The commandment in Mark 12:29 duly referenced from Deuteronomy 6:4 by Jesus Christ your personal lord and savior also said this..... Matthew 4:10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me,Satan!For it is written:‘Worship the lord your God, and serve him ONLY Jesus Christ separate himself clearly from this account.’ ”

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by achorladey: 3:30pm On Dec 11, 2017
harbjar:

You guys have a way of changing words to suit your definition....
Ask a kid what begotten means and immediately he would tell you to "procreate"..
The Bible says Deuteronomy 4:25
[25]When thou shalt beget children, and children's children, and ye shall have remained long in the land, and shall corrupt yourselves, and make a graven image, or the likeness of any thing, and shall do evil in the sight of the LORD thy God, to provoke him to anger:
What does that word imply there if not pro created
What john 16 means is that God procreated Jesus and not made like Adam....
Do you believe God is the biological father of Jesus just as you are the biological son of your father??
Can you confidently say the only meaning of the word " begotten" is procreate? If you say No, then the way Adam was created is not biological, certainly the way Jesus is created too is not biological. So my definition of begotten will fit perfectly to this viewpoint we are trying to emphasis. God simply cause them to exist or created them. Adam might have been created to adapt to biological processes but am certain that of Jesus is far far different.
BIOLOGICAL: of or relating to biology or to life and living processes 1: used in or produced by applied biology 2 : related by direct genetic relationship rather than by adoption or marriage 3 : of or relating to biology or to life and living processes.
If you say is God biological father of Jesus? How do you expect me to answer? Is the spirit realm biological, physical, chemical, physico-chemical, biochemical e.t.c

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 11, 2017
lovingJehovah:
It is very plain in that sentence made by Paul who he referred to as God and who he believed to be God. He specifically mentioned the love OF GOD. 2 persons were mentioned God and Jesus and then it says communion(sharing or exchange) of THE(notice the definite article which is not present in any of the two PERSONS mentioned) Holy Spirit. Haven't you noticed that the Holy Spirit is a gift? I never convoluted, I am trailing behind you to see how far you can push your doctrine. Feel free to tell me the form of the Holy Spirit. I really want to know because it came to the earth as a dove and fire. Dove has flesh, so I am asking at the time it left the heaven and took up the flesh in the earth, did it give up his Godship(as you claim it is a God)? It is a serious question that needs an answer. The Bible says that God is a spirit. Moses who you said wrote with hindsight wrote in Exodus 33:20 that no man can see God(Elohim) and live. The Holy Spirit was seen and Jesus was seen but the father was not. Give and take, what does it prove? Let me address the question in this fashion, Can any man see Elohim and live? If Jesus and Holy Spirit 'is'(or make up) Elohim, you may argue that they left their Godship in heaven and came to earth. Good! Now when on earth, do these quoted scriptures apply to them as God(Elohim) or Flesh?
I never accepted that as his will because the Bible never proved that. Jesus himself said that he does nothing of his own initiative. Do you know what that means? His life here on earth had been planned all in the law that is why he said that he came to fulfil it. And he said that he came to do the will of the Father. How would his will have been possible when he said he does nothing away from his own Father's will?
Can you explain the word inspired using the Bible? keep in mind 2 Peter 1:21 For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.
I never argued that the New Testament was written in Greek. Even a toddler knows that it is called the Greek Scripture. The question is that you are discrediting Apostle Matthews insertion of the Aramaic language as in the Greek scripture. The Bible says that Eli means My God, but you discredit it and claim that Eloi rather than Eli is the right word that Apostle Matthew should have used. So, I asked you, what Bible do you use? You said that Matthew misheard Jesus and you made a reference to the soldier thinking that he was calling out Elijah. Then, I said that If the Bible endured thousands of years and translations from Greek to Latin to German to English without an alteration of the Aramaic words used in that verse in Matthew 27:46, and no one questioned the use of ELI as Apostle Matthew used it, who are you to discredit it and propose something else? I also brought to your knowledge that Matthew was a native speaker of Aramaic and a learned man who was skilled in writing as he used to be a tax collector. I never asked a question about the New Testament being written in Greek. You can read my previous comments for clarification. The question still is 'are you saying that the book of Matthew is not fully reliable for you to doubt the veracity of ELI as used by the Apostle Matthew? Your proposition of Eloi, as opposed to Eli, prompts scepticism in your mind and the minds of others. That is what I said. But My question still stands and I need answers.
Standing on this pedestal means that your belief in the Bible is shakeable. The Bible says that the Scripture is inspired by God. The men wrote what came from God. Are you questioning God's inspiration or comparing the apostle who were inspired by God to soldiers who impaled Jesus?
I will explain myself. The Greek Scripture that you know as the New Testament was written in Greek. There has never been a doubt about that. In Matthew 27:46, Apostle Matthew quoted Jesus in Aramaic. In his words, Eli means 'My God' which he translated into Greek in that same verse. That particular verse was written in two languages(Aramaic and Greek). Over the years many translators have translated that particular verse and preserved the Aramaic language which was a quote from Jesus.
Fastforward to 2017, here you are discrediting the verse as an erroneous paraphrase. Your claim is that Eli should have been Eloi. That is the issue here. I am now asking if you have any doubt of the credibility of the scripture or particularly the book written by Matthew. Because you relegated Matthew to the class of the soldier who had no inspiration by God.
Both words are not translated to mean Jehovah. Jehovah has always been written in Hebrew Characters as the Tetragrammaton YHWH which is Translated as Jehovah in the English language. From copies of Masoretic texts that were discovered in the mid 20th century it was uncovered that the Tetragrammaton appeared in the Septuagint hence for every quote of the old testament in the Greek Scriptures, the name was restored. We have no problem with Theos or Kyrios. Our joy is in the actual name of our God which is Jehovah.
I'll start with d answer u gave to my question. I see how intelligently twisted my question to suit ur answer.. I didn't ask you about old testament but the new testament wch is written in greek. How did Krios and Theos become Jehova in ur jw new testament.

Oh u don't agree that Jesus exercise his will on earth, in other words u r also saying Jesus wasn't a man wen he was on earth (or let me say he never had a soul undecided) u r also saying he never had emotions and he was simply a robot. U r also saying it was ur jehova dat wept in at lazarus tomb. Am sure by now u already see d flaws in ur logic

Nawa for u o. Eli and eloi are both Aramaic, matt used the word Eli, mark used Eloi(mark 15:34).
Eli means God, Eloi means my God. Both in aramaic. How come u r now saying am discrediting him? Or maybe am not surprised, u r ashamed to admit u didn't know mark account existed.
The book of matt was matts account, the book of mark was marks account,wht is important is tge message not logomarchy.
The only one here with a questionable bible is d one using a Bible doctored by 5 men to suit the belief of ur society. Do u agree dat d first Bible d first jw used is different from d one u r holding now? Do u agree dat over the years u bible gets edited from time to time nd will still keep on getting editted? If u don't agree, ask me for proof but if u do, please answer dis question 'wat will be the fate of those jw members who died following the knowledge dey had in ur previous Bible version before they were edited? Why should anyone follow ur Bible now wch is still gonna b edited in future?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 11, 2017
achorladey:

I have nothing to worry about the pluralism of God, it your concept not mine. The commandment in Mark 12:29 duly referenced from Deuteronomy 6:4 by Jesus Christ your personal lord and savior also said this..... Matthew 4:10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me,Satan!For it is written:‘Worship the lord your God, and serve him ONLY Jesus Christ separate himself clearly from this account.’ ”
is Jesus ur personal lord and savior? Cos i noticed u used d word "your" instead of "our"

Secondly, if u say u don't av to worry wit a concept cos it sound alien to u den u r also trying to say u av perfect knowledge about everything already nd there is no need to learn more or study more.
Re: Is Jesus God? by achorladey: 4:08pm On Dec 11, 2017
salvation101:
is Jesus ur personal lord and savior? Cos i noticed u used d word "your" instead of "our"

Secondly, if u say u don't av to worry wit a concept cos it sound alien to u den u r also trying to say u av perfect knowledge about everything already nd there is no need to learn more or study more.
What do you mean by "perfect knowledge about everything"? In the making of many books there is no end so says a wise man who lived on this earth. Man has the tendency and capacity to study all his life.
Re: Is Jesus God? by achorladey: 4:28pm On Dec 11, 2017
salvation101:

Concerning the your personal lord and saviour, to me it means no one else can save us except Jesus, but my mind always strike the fact that someone sent Jesus to save us. What about that person. Is he not a saviour too. That is what the concept of Jesus christ being raised to status almighty God tells me. People no longer acknowledge the person that send the lamb down to this earth to take away the sins of the world and as well redeem mankind from death. That is why personal lord and saviour concept does not even agree with the trinity doctrine you are trying to shows us as three distinct Gods do not follow. John 3:16 terms and conditions perfectly applies here.
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 5:37pm On Dec 11, 2017
salvation101:
I'll start with d answer u gave to my question. I see how intelligently twisted my question to suit ur answer.. I didn't ask you about old testament but the new testament wch is written in greek. How did Krios and Theos become Jehova in ur jw new testament.
What I told you is the truth. Kyrios and Theos never ended up as Jehovah in our Bible. We restored the name in every quote of the Hebrew scripture having the name of God to the Greek Scripture which happened about 230 times.
salvation101:

Oh u don't agree that Jesus exercise his will on earth, in other words u r also saying Jesus wasn't a man wen he was on earth (or let me say he never had a soul undecided) u r also saying he never had emotions and he was simply a robot. U r also saying it was ur jehova dat wept in at lazarus tomb. Am sure by now u already see d flaws in ur logic
When did weeping become a will? Can you also refer to bathing as a will? It will be a travesty for anyone to agree that Jesus came to do his will when he said otherwise. The Bible said that the only true God sent him to the earth John 17:3. And Jesus corroborated that by saying that he came to do the will of his father. He said "let not my will be done but yours". So why would I admit someone else telling me otherwise?
salvation101:
Nawa for u o. Eli and eloi are both Aramaic, matt used the word Eli, mark used Eloi(mark 15:34).
Eli means God, Eloi means my God. Both in aramaic. How come u r now saying am discrediting him? Or maybe am not surprised, u r ashamed to admit u didn't know mark account existed.
Why would I be ashamed of defending the word of God? I am defending the book of Matthew because what you said about Apostle Matthew was utterly ridiculous. Comparing him to a soldier who impaled Jesus as to not hearing Jesus properly like he was drunk? I still stand with the account of Matthew that Eli means 'My God' and your proposition of Eloi in that verse thereby insinuating that Matthew made an incredible paraphrase is unacceptable. If you bring up the account of Mark 15:34, that is a separate plea. The controversy between Eli and Eloi does not provide enough evidence as to positively identify the exact language(s) used. In comparison, Elijah means my God is Jehovah. If we break the word what we have is Eli-Jah, My God-Jehovah. I will not drive deeper into this now, though let to keep the message of the Bible intact instead of trying to create controversy by prompting scepticism in our minds or people's minds. The Bible says that ELI, as used by Matthew, means "My God". None of us can question that.
salvation101:
The book of matt was matts account, the book of mark was marks account,wht is important is tge message not logomarchy.
Better
salvation101:
The only one here with a questionable bible is d one using a Bible doctored by 5 men to suit the belief of ur society.
Ludicrous! We will get to the bottom of it
salvation101:
Do u agree dat d first Bible d first jw used is different from d one u r holding now?
There is nothing like the first Bible that JW used. The holy scriptures have endured a very long time. We read all Bibles as long as they do not contradict the actual word of God.
salvation101:
Do u agree dat over the years u bible gets edited from time to time nd will still keep on getting editted?
Every book on earth gets edited and revised. Even the Koran is now available in so many languages after they held on for so long. We move in a moving system in which languages change and new words are incorporated every now and then while some become obsolete. The first King James Bible in Shakespearean English is like a tarnished mirror to many Nigerians who cannot read or understand simple English. What you call your Bible today has also come off so many languages before getting to you in English. So, maintaining the stand of 'first Bible' does not hold any water. Here again is the question. If you claim that my Bible is false, what Bible are you putting on the table as the standard Bible for Christians?
salvation101:
The question is What If u don't agree, ask me for proof
The truth about the JW is that we have been told by the Bible that there will be ridiculers. We are well informed of the smear campaign going on in every part of the world and I will like to announce to you that we have been banned in Russia. That must excite you, isn't it? This sort of persecution has been going on in many parts of the world. Therefore, for people who slander us, we have developed resistance in our skin that we are not bothered about the campaign going on in the circus. This is as a result of our belief and faith in Jehovah.
salvation101:
but if u do, please answer dis question 'wat will be the fate of those jw members who died following the knowledge dey had in ur previous Bible version before they were edited?
Well, it seems that you have so much knowledge of our Bible. I am well pleased with it. Just a brief history for you. JW is a pull out of the mainstream. We started off using your Bible and when we noticed the discrepancies in it like the omission of the divine name of God. Then came a need for a Bible that truly reflected God's people. In 1950 we released the first part the new world translation. The beauty of our Bible is the pride in the divine name, Jehovah. That name was replaced with Lord in the mainstream Bibles. We cannot live and not know the name of our God. It is divine. The forever indelible mistake for the first The King James version was to include the name Jehovah in Psalm 83:18 which turned out to be a huge blessing from Jehovah to the Jehovah's witnesses. It has made preaching very easy for us. Psalm 83:18 says, " May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth. Do you know what happened afterwards? The King James publishers removed the name in the subsequent edition. They EDITED their Bible seeing that it was a huge favour to the JW. What would happen later? In 2011, they finally realized their mistakes and restored the name almost 7000 times in the King James Bible. Drum roll, please! Do you think Jehovah sleeps? Our New world translation has been a very resourceful tool in making known the name of Jehovah in all the earth. Majority of people know that name today, thanks go to Jehovah, Jesus, the angels and all of Jehovah's people who work in favourable and unfavourable weather to bring the message to people of all sorts amidst persecution, ridicule and slander.
Our Bible remains the same message and has not changed. We are not a part of those who support a Hellenistic doctrine of the Trinity. We pride in our God Jehovah and his son Jesus who died for our sins and gave a ransom for us to know Jehovah and fix our eyes in a new world when this system will pass away.
salvation101:
Why should anyone follow ur Bible now which is still gonna b edited in future?
We do not force people to follow our Bible. As a matter of fact, we do not sell it. We want to show you the word of God using your own Bible. Has any JW ever approached you to force you to follow our Bible? No! We bring good news to you. We quote from any Bible regardless of how much people have changed the Bible to suit the doctrine of the Trinity, there are many verses that they cannot touch. We use that one. We are not looking for crowds to fill our kingdom halls or raise revenue. Jehovah supports us and for over 100 years we have been killed and persecuted yet we keep on because we know that we live in the time of the end.
You may look up the controversy of the heretic 1 John 5:7 inserted in the King James Bible.
God news Bible has rendered Matthew 5:5 to a meaningless verse
There are so many others. We still find a way to get the truth to the hearts of sincere ones. Even if we find one out of 1 million, we are happy.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:25pm On Dec 11, 2017
lovingJehovah:
What I told you is the truth. Kyrios and Theos never ended up as Jehovah in our Bible. We restored the name in every quote of the Hebrew scripture having the name of God to the Greek Scripture which happened about 230 times.
When did weeping become a will? Can you also refer to bathing as a will? It will be a travesty for anyone to agree that Jesus came to do his will when he said otherwise. The Bible said that the only true God sent him to the earth John 17:3. And Jesus corroborated that by saying that he came to do the will of his father. He said "let not my will be done but yours". So why would I admit someone else telling me otherwise?
Why would I be ashamed of defending the word of God? I am defending the book of Matthew because what you said about Apostle Matthew was utterly ridiculous. Comparing him to a soldier who impaled Jesus as to not hearing Jesus properly like he was drunk? I still stand with the account of Matthew that Eli means 'My God' and your proposition of Eloi in that verse thereby insinuating that Matthew made an incredible paraphrase is unacceptable. If you bring up the account of Mark 15:34, that is a separate plea. The controversy between Eli and Eloi does not provide enough evidence as to positively identify the exact language(s) used. In comparison, Elijah means my God is Jehovah. If we break the word what we have is Eli-Jah, My God-Jehovah. I will not drive deeper into this now, though let to keep the message of the Bible intact instead of trying to create controversy by prompting scepticism in our minds or people's minds. The Bible says that ELI, as used by Matthew, means "My God". None of us can question that.
Better
Ludicrous! We will get to the bottom of it There is nothing like the first Bible that JW used. The holy scriptures have endured a very long time. We read all Bibles as long as they do not contradict the actual word of God. Every book on earth gets edited and revised. Even the Koran is now available in so many languages after they held on for so long. We move in a moving system in which languages change and new words are incorporated every now and then while some become obsolete. The first King James Bible in Shakespearean English is like a tarnished mirror to many Nigerians who cannot read or understand simple English. What you call your Bible today has also come off so many languages before getting to you in English. So, maintaining the stand of 'first Bible' does not hold any water. Here again is the question. If you claim that my Bible is false, what Bible are you putting on the table as the standard Bible for Christians? The truth about the JW is that we have been told by the Bible that there will be ridiculers. We are well informed of the smear campaign going on in every part of the world and I will like to announce to you that we have been banned in Russia. That must excite you, isn't it? This sort of persecution has been going on in many parts of the world. Therefore, for people who slander us, we have developed resistance in our skin that we are not bothered about the campaign going on in the circus. This is as a result of our belief and faith in Jehovah. Well, it seems that you have so much knowledge of our Bible. I am well pleased with it. Just a brief history for you. JW is a pull out of the mainstream. We started off using your Bible and when we noticed the discrepancies in it like the omission of the divine name of God. Then came a need for a Bible that truly reflected God's people. In 1950 we released the first part the new world translation. The beauty of our Bible is the pride in the divine name, Jehovah. That name was replaced with Lord in the mainstream Bibles. We cannot live and not know the name of our God. It is divine. The forever indelible mistake for the first The King James version was to include the name Jehovah in Psalm 83:18 which turned out to be a huge blessing from Jehovah to the Jehovah's witnesses. It has made preaching very easy for us. Psalm 83:18 says, " May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth. Do you know what happened afterwards? The King James publishers removed the name in the subsequent edition. They EDITED their Bible seeing that it was a huge favour to the JW. What would happen later? In 2011, they finally realized their mistakes and restored the name almost 7000 times in the King James Bible. Drum roll, please! Do you think Jehovah sleeps? Our New world translation has been a very resourceful tool in making known the name of Jehovah in all the earth. Majority of people know that name today, thanks go to Jehovah, Jesus, the angels and all of Jehovah's people who work in favourable and unfavourable weather to bring the message to people of all sorts amidst persecution, ridicule and slander.
Our Bible remains the same message and has not changed. We are not a part of those who support a Hellenistic doctrine of the Trinity. We pride in our God Jehovah and his son Jesus who died for our sins and gave a ransom for us to know Jehovah and fix our eyes in a new world when this system will pass away.
We do not force people to follow our Bible. As a matter of fact, we do not sell it. We want to show you the word of God using your own Bible. Has any JW ever approached you to force you to follow our Bible? No! We bring good news to you. We quote from any Bible regardless of how much people have changed the Bible to suit the doctrine of the Trinity, there are many verses that they cannot touch. We use that one. We are not looking for crowds to fill our kingdom halls or raise revenue. Jehovah supports us and for over 100 years we have been killed and persecuted yet we keep on because we know that we live in the time of the end.
You may look up the controversy of the heretic 1 John 5:7 inserted in the King James Bible.
There are so many others. We still find a way to get the truth to the hearts of sincere ones. Even if we find one out of 1 million, we are happy.

The real reason for happiness is that 999,999 people are going to be slaughtered by your Jehovah so you can look at their corpses in the new system and say "I told you so".

All this one is so you will be petting wild animals in paradise.

Imagine spending eternity with people who consider loved ones as dead people just because they no longer agree with the bible interpretation of seven old men in new York. Tufiakwa.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 11, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Better
Ludicrous! We will get to the bottom of it There is nothing like the first Bible that JW used. The holy scriptures have endured a very long time. We read all Bibles as long as they do not contradict the actual word of God. Every book on earth gets edited and revised. Even the Koran is now available in so many languages after they held on for so long. We move in a moving system in which languages change and new words are incorporated every now and then while some become obsolete. The first King James Bible in Shakespearean English is like a tarnished mirror to many Nigerians who cannot read or understand simple English. What you call your Bible today has also come off so many languages before getting to you in English. So, maintaining the stand of 'first Bible' does not hold any water. Here again is the question. If you claim that my Bible is false, what Bible are you putting on the table as the standard Bible for Christians? The truth about the JW is that we have been told by the Bible that there will be ridiculers. We are well informed of the smear campaign going on in every part of the world and I will like to announce to you that we have been banned in Russia. That must excite you, isn't it? This sort of persecution has been going on in many parts of the world. Therefore, for people who slander us, we have developed resistance in our skin that we are not bothered about the campaign going on in the circus. This is as a result of our belief and faith in Jehovah. Well, it seems that you have so much knowledge of our Bible. I am well pleased with it. Just a brief history for you. JW is a pull out of the mainstream. We started off using your Bible and when we noticed the discrepancies in it like the omission of the divine name of God. Then came a need for a Bible that truly reflected God's people. In 1950 we released the first part the new world translation. The beauty of our Bible is the pride in the divine name, Jehovah. That name was replaced with Lord in the mainstream Bibles. We cannot live and not know the name of our God. It is divine. The forever indelible mistake for the first The King James version was to include the name Jehovah in Psalm 83:18 which turned out to be a huge blessing from Jehovah to the Jehovah's witnesses. It has made preaching very easy for us. Psalm 83:18 says, " May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth. Do you know what happened afterwards? The King James publishers removed the name in the subsequent edition. They EDITED their Bible seeing that it was a huge favour to the JW. What would happen later? In 2011, they finally realized their mistakes and restored the name almost 7000 times in the King James Bible. Drum roll, please! Do you think Jehovah sleeps? Our New world translation has been a very resourceful tool in making known the name of Jehovah in all the earth. Majority of people know that name today, thanks go to Jehovah, Jesus, the angels and all of Jehovah's people who work in favourable and unfavourable weather to bring the message to people of all sorts amidst persecution, ridicule and slander.
Wow, so u agree now that your Bible was not gotten from the original greek scripts? So who were the Hebrew translators of the version you used, scribes?

Weeping, anger laughter are all display of emotions wch is absent in a robot. Emotions, thoughts and wills are characteristics of someone who has got a soul. If u say Jesus has no will den u r saying he is a mere robot or a zombie wch is quite an insult. So he prayed those long prayers in the book of john 17 just cos God was praying it tru him not dat he saw a needto? Hmmm

How is the account of mark a separate thought isn't it d same event dey reported? Are u saying dey both heard a different thing? Nd who said it was d soldiers dat said he was calling on elijah? The soldiers were not the only ones around, the jews who charged him falsely were there too.

Oh so d bible has become 'any book'? Why does ur Bible den edit "and the word was God" to mean "and the lord was a god"? And many editing of scriptures to suit ur belief? So the other simplified versions of bible got it wrong?

Why would i be happy u got banned in Russia? I don't even know what brot about the ban or is it because u guys don't believe in government? Cos u should av know from my conversation with you that i am not alien to ur doctrines, had lotta of jw folks as friends while growing up nd still av some around me right now.

Lol, nobody is trying to smear u ppl but ur doctrines aren't biblical in d real sense of the word, instead u made a Bible dat suits wat u believe
Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 10:18pm On Dec 11, 2017
so the name "Jehovah" is what made you guys have your own bible when there is already a name that is higher than every other name, a name that makes heaven to bow, the name of the father, son and holy spirit: the name of JESUS, you're there looking for the other one.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by achorladey: 11:30pm On Dec 11, 2017
joshnes:
so the name "Jehovah" is what made you guys have your own bible when there is already a name that is higher than every other name, a name that makes heaven to bow, the name of the father, son and holy spirit: the name of JESUS, you're there looking for the other one.
Why won't the Jws look to the name of Jehovah. The same Jesus whose name is exalted says we must Sanctify the Fathers name whenever we pray but you Joshnes says the Jws should not do so. Hmmmmmmmm. This must certainly be because of this Trinity saga. Think again!!!!!!!! Jesus name is exalted to the Glory of the person that exalted Jesus. Ponder over these things.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 6:29am On Dec 12, 2017
salvation101:

Wow, so u agree now that your Bible was not gotten from the original greek scripts? So who were the Hebrew translators of the version you used, scribes?
You should do some research on this. It will help to broaden your perspective on this issue. No Bible in this world was made from the original Greek manuscripts. Even your own cherished Bible was not translated from the original Greek manuscript. What we have are copies of the original Greek scriptures because due to overuse the original copies written by the apostles must have worn out perhaps. But through copies made over the years, we are privileged to have the word of God preserved for us today. The Greek Scripture was translated into many languages before the English language. It seems that you do not understand my point vividly. The English language Bible that you might conclude to be authentic (probably the "King James". I will wait for you to mention one) is a translation from the Latin Bible and it is partly a plagiarized work of William Tyndale's Bible. It will be a travesty for you to use that(Original Greek manuscript) as a point in public. You will be decimated with facts. Take note of that! I have asked you for the Bible that you approve of but you are very scared to mention one while you denigrate ours. What Bible do you have on the table? Name it and let us compare. It is such an easy thing to demand from someone, yet you have been circumventing. If you had the key to my salvation, wouldn't you help me?
salvation101:

Weeping, anger laughter are all display of emotions wch is absent in a robot. Emotions, thoughts and wills are characteristics of someone who has got a soul. If u say Jesus has no will den u r saying he is a mere robot or a zombie wch is quite an insult. So he prayed those long prayers in the book of john 17 just cos God was praying it tru him not dat he saw a needto? Hmmm
Ludicrous! Wouldn't it be nice for Christians to say that Jesus told us that he came down from heaven to do the WILL of his father? His earthly mission was to accomplish the WILL of the father. Isn't that a core message of our belief as Christians? John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.
salvation101:

How is the account of mark a separate thought isn't it d same event dey reported? Are u saying dey both heard a different thing? Nd who said it was d soldiers dat said he was calling on elijah? The soldiers were not the only ones around, the jews who charged him falsely were there too.
Good! I knew you would not let this die so easy. You are tenacious and that is a virtue. Let me break it down for you. The accounts of Matthew and Mark have been a huge controversy for hundreds of years. No one speaks Aramaic today because it is a lost language. The Hebrew scripture known as the Old Testament is a translation from Aramaic to Aramaized Hebrew then Hebrew proper hence the disparity in spelling. In the account of Matthew and Mark, no one can positively identify the exact language used and that leaves an open-ended conclusion. Therefore, you cannot verily discredit any of the accounts. That is why I said that it is farcical to dare to question the credibility of Matthew's account. No one knows for sure, so it is better to accept it just as the Bible offers. As for Jesus, no one can tell if he spoke Latin or Greek but since he could communicate with Pilate and the Roman soldiers and generals, it leaves each one to his own thought. Nevertheless, one cannot decisively conclude on that matter because there is no actual record of that.
salvation101:

Oh so d bible has become 'any book'? Why does ur Bible den edit "and the word was God" to mean "and the lord was a god"? And many editing of scriptures to suit ur belief? So the other simplified versions of bible got it wrong?
Brilliant question! In John 1:1, it may interest you to know that the Greek language of the first century did not have an indefinite article (“a” or “an”) and that leaves the matter open to question in some minds. This argument can also reflect other uses of the indefinite article in your Bible but let us proceed. The clue to John 1:1 is knowing the earliest translation of the Greek scripture that is relatively close to the English or Latin language grammar. The answer is the earliest Coptic translations of the Bible. The Christian Greek Scriptures were being translated into Coptic which has the use of the indefinite article during the 3d century C.E., and it was translated as a god. The appearance of Theon & Theos might be indicative of the sense in the Greek scripture. We might try translating it in 'Greeglish' (if ever there is a word like that LOL) "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was WITH theon, and the Word was theos".
In the two persons mentioned above, the exact word could have been used to refer to both but there was a change which is an indicator. 2 Corinthians 4:4 theos was also written as 'god'. Did anyone care to argue about it? No! Verse 2 of that same chapter threw more light on those. Subsequent verses int hat same chapter decides the position of Jesus compared to Theon. The New World Translation is not the only translation to embrace the facts in the Bible. Why is no one talking about the very sinful insertion of 1 John 5:7 in the KJV? It is a bestseller worldwide but if you are sincere in your God, why haven't you raised a flag?
salvation101:

Why would i be happy u got banned in Russia? I don't even know what brot about the ban or is it because u guys don't believe in government? Cos u should av know from my conversation with you that i am not alien to ur doctrines, had lotta of jw folks as friends while growing up nd still av some around me right now.
Well, Yeah! We got banned and labelled as terrorists. They claim that we should not preach or read our Bible. The disrupt our meetings, plant evidence against us, burn our houses, jail and beat us up. The persecution is even more intense than video cameras can capture. It has been the same with Stalin and Hitler and many other countries. We are jailed and killed but the news will nto cover it. They just hate us not because of anything but the name and message that we carry.
We are undeterred. This is the last days so we know from Jesus' words that persecution will abound. We are ready for it and nothing will stop us from serving our God, Jehovah. You can view the link below if you can to see what Russia is doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVn0wuVLZKQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0LqAGkeCas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ipYfBXsNV4
salvation101:
Lol, nobody is trying to smear u ppl but ur doctrines aren't biblical in d real sense of the word, instead u made a Bible dat suits wat u believe
I am still waiting for you to present the world-class heavenly Bible to us. Just name it and we will literally scrape out the rust to your delight. The truth is very daring.
I will tell you the difference between smearing an organisation and revealing facts. When you attack the brand or name of an organisation you are smearing it. When you attack the message or product of an organisation you are exposing it. Telling an organisation that its Bible translation is heretical without presenting an option is a smear move. Physically inflicting pain and torture on us Calling us false and deluded without being able to defend your own doctrine is smearing.
Can you believe that someone on Nairaland claims that her reason for disliking the JW is because they do not pray? She said that a Jehovah's witness classmate did not close his eyes during their school prayer. Doesn't it make you wonder how someone accusing another of not closing his eyes was able to see during the same prayer?
We are anti-trinity doctrine because the Bible tells us so. Jesus emphatically said it that his father is his God and he reiterated by alluding that there is only one true God. I am a Christian because I follow the footsteps of Jesus and he said that his sheep will hear his words.
It is on record that right from immemorial he has always been one true God, the father from whom Jesus himself came as the Bible said. We cannot buckle to a Hellenistic doctrine incorporated into Christianity by a Pagan, Constantine in 325 CE. We would rather die with our faith than accept Pagan doctrines in our service to our father, Jehovah.

Re: Is Jesus God? by Hairyrapunzel: 7:33am On Dec 12, 2017
lovingJehovah:
You should do some research on this. It will help to broaden your perspective on this issue. No Bible in this world was made from the original Greek manuscripts. Even your own cherished Bible was not translated from the original Greek manuscript. What we have are copies of the original Greek scriptures because due to overuse the original copies written by the apostles must have worn out perhaps. But through copies made over the years, we are privileged to have the word of God preserved for us today. The Greek Scripture was translated into many languages before the English language. It seems that you do not understand my point vividly. The English language Bible that you might conclude to be authentic (probably the "King James". I will wait for you to mention one) is a translation from the Latin Bible and it is partly a plagiarized work of William Tyndale's Bible. It will be a travesty for you to use that(Original Greek manuscript) as a point in public. You will be decimated with facts. Take note of that! I have asked you for the Bible that you approve of but you are very scared to mention one while you denigrate ours. What Bible do you have on the table? Name it and let us compare. It is such an easy thing to demand from someone, yet you have been circumventing. If you had the key to my salvation, wouldn't you help me?
Ludicrous! Wouldn't it be nice for Christians to say that Jesus told us that he came down from heaven to do the WILL of his father? His earthly mission was to accomplish the WILL of the father. Isn't that a core message of our belief as Christians? John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.
Good! I knew you would not let this die so easy. You are tenacious and that is a virtue. Let me break it down for you. The accounts of Matthew and Mark have been a huge controversy for hundreds of years. No one speaks Aramaic today because it is a lost language. The Hebrew scripture known as the Old Testament is a translation from Aramaic to Aramaized Hebrew then Hebrew proper hence the disparity in spelling. In the account of Matthew and Mark, no one can positively identify the exact language used and that leaves an open-ended conclusion. Therefore, you cannot verily discredit any of the accounts. That is why I said that it is farcical to dare to question the credibility of Matthew's account. No one knows for sure, so it is better to accept it just as the Bible offers. As for Jesus, no one can tell if he spoke Latin or Greek but since he could communicate with Pilate and the Roman soldiers and generals, it leaves each one to his own thought. Nevertheless, one cannot decisively conclude on that matter because there is no actual record of that.
Brilliant question! In John 1:1, it may interest you to know that the Greek language of the first century did not have an indefinite article (“a” or “an”) and that leaves the matter open to question in some minds. This argument can also reflect other uses of the indefinite article in your Bible but let us proceed. The clue to John 1:1 is knowing the earliest translation of the Greek scripture that is relatively close to the English or Latin language grammar. The answer is the earliest Coptic translations of the Bible. The Christian Greek Scriptures were being translated into Coptic which has the use of the indefinite article during the 3d century C.E., and it was translated as a god. The appearance of Theon & Theos might be indicative of the sense in the Greek scripture. We might try translating it in 'Greeglish' (if ever there is a word like that LOL) "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was WITH theon, and the Word was theos".
In the two persons mentioned above, the exact word could have been used to refer to both but there was a change which is an indicator. 2 Corinthians 4:4 theos was also written as 'god'. Did anyone care to argue about it? No! Verse 2 of that same chapter threw more light on those. Subsequent verses int hat same chapter decides the position of Jesus compared to Theon. The New World Translation is not the only translation to embrace the facts in the Bible. Why is no one talking about the very sinful insertion of 1 John 5:7 in the KJV? It is a bestseller worldwide but if you are sincere in your God, why haven't you raised a flag?
Well, Yeah! We got banned and labelled as terrorists. They claim that we should not preach or read our Bible. The disrupt our meetings, plant evidence against us, burn our houses, jail and beat us up. The persecution is even more intense than video cameras can capture. It has been the same with Stalin and Hitler and many other countries. We are jailed and killed but the news will nto cover it. They just hate us not because of anything but the name and message that we carry.
We are undeterred. This is the last days so we know from Jesus' words that persecution will abound. We are ready for it and nothing will stop us from serving our God, Jehovah. You can view the link below if you can to see what Russia is doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVn0wuVLZKQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0LqAGkeCas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ipYfBXsNV4
I am still waiting for you to present the world-class heavenly Bible to us. Just name it and we will literally scrape out the rust to your delight. The truth is very daring.
I will tell you the difference between smearing an organisation and revealing facts. When you attack the brand or name of an organisation you are smearing it. When you attack the message or product of an organisation you are exposing it. Telling an organisation that its Bible translation is heretical without presenting an option is a smear move. Physically inflicting pain and torture on us Calling us false and deluded without being able to defend your own doctrine is smearing.
Can you believe that someone on Nairaland claims that her reason for disliking the JW is because they do not pray? She said that a Jehovah's witness classmate did not close his eyes during their school prayer. Doesn't it make you wonder how someone accusing another of not closing his eyes was able to see during the same prayer?
We are anti-trinity doctrine because the Bible tells us so. Jesus emphatically said it that his father is his God and he reiterated by alluding that there is only one true God. I am a Christian because I follow the footsteps of Jesus and he said that his sheep will hear his words.
It is on record that right from immemorial he has always been one true God, the father from whom Jesus himself came as the Bible said. We cannot buckle to a Hellenistic doctrine incorporated into Christianity by a Pagan, Constantine in 325 CE. We would rather die with our faith than accept Pagan doctrines in our service to our father, Jehovah.

Jehovah witness as the name of a religion became known in 1935, first issue of watchtower was made in 1879 and their movement began in 1874.
The same pagans are the ones who arranged the bible in the order you now use in your bible, they are responsible for the names of the week and months of the year you put in your magazine's. You leave out most part of history while you emphasize on little things to support your doctrines.

Stop feigning persecution complex. That you face so much backlash does not mean you are the only true religion. Yazidi Christians and rohyindra Muslims have faced and are still facing worse. From your view point they should be considered true religions too.

Russia treats homosexuals worse than they do jws. They should be considered true people of God too according to your reasoning.

I think you have become delusional. And the funniest thing is all this because you believe your Jehovah will slaughter over 650million babies just for 8 million jws including jw rapists, pedophilles, murderers etc to live in a paradise earth forever because they want to pet wild animals. You wish your Jehovah will slaughter billions but yet you say your religion is tolerant.

Finally, new testament was written in Greek alone. You believe the answer to the question gotten from an assumption made by your leaders. There is no hebrew write up for the new testament so your beliefs are just in your leaders heads. Your religion is based on assumptions. Your religion is a farce deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 8:58am On Dec 12, 2017
achorladey:

Why won't the Jws look to the name of Jehovah. The same Jesus whose name is exalted says we must Sanctify the Fathers name whenever we pray but you Joshnes says the Jws should not do so. Hmmmmmmmm. This must certainly be because of this Trinity saga. Think again!!!!!!!! Jesus name is exalted to the Glory of the person that exalted Jesus. Ponder over these things.
To the glory of God the Father. Oga, I never said you should not sanctify your Jehovah's Name. The name Jehovah what are you using it for? Let me ask you a question: what is the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost? The Name of Jesus is higher than any name, if you pray in Jesus name, your prayer has only one destination, whether you mention the name "Jehovah" or not the name of Jesus is enough to answer your prayers (John 15:16). In your editing quest, you guys have run into diverse errors. Your beliefs are more of Judaism & Islam than Christianity.
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 9:05am On Dec 12, 2017
And, what is the name of the holy spirit? Did your Bible ask you to pray to the Holy Spirit either?
What is the Christian's Bible?
joshnes:
To the glory of God the Father. Oga, I never said you should not sanctify your Jehovah's Name. The name Jehovah what are you using it for? Let me ask you a question: what is the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost? The Name of Jesus is higher than any name, if you pray in Jesus name, your prayer has only one destination, whether you mention the name "Jehovah" or not the name of Jesus is enough to answer your prayers (John 15:16). In your editing quest, you guys have run into diverse errors. Your beliefs are more of Judaism & Islam than Christianity.
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 9:08am On Dec 12, 2017
So what is the name of God, the father of Jesus?
joshnes:
Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 9:34am On Dec 12, 2017
lovingJehovah:
So what is the name of God, the father of Jesus?
His name is YHWH. But the name Jesus is higher than the name YHWH. The name Jesus brings glory to YHWH. The name YHWH cannot save you from sin only the name Jesus can (Acts 4:12).
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 9:37am On Dec 12, 2017
Cool! If that is what you believe. So is Jesus higher than YHWH?
joshnes:
His name is YHWH. But the name Jesus is higher than the name YHWH. The name Jesus brings glory to YHWH. The name YHWH cannot save you from sin only the name Jesus can (Acts 4:12).
Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 9:43am On Dec 12, 2017
lovingJehovah:
And, what is the name of the holy spirit? Did your Bible ask you to pray to the Holy Spirit either?
What is the Christian's Bible?
I never said you should pray to the Holy Spirit. ".....baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." Jesus didn't say "in the name of the Father, in the name of the Son and in the name of the Holy Spirit" neither did He say "in the names" He said "in the name". Meaning there is a name for the three of them; one name. What is that name? The Christian Bible is the Old and New Testaments.
Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 9:52am On Dec 12, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Cool! If that is what you believe. So is Jesus higher than YHWH?
Jesus is not higher than YHWH, because He is equal with YHWH. He is the YHWH, He is God (1Tim 3:16).
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 9:55am On Dec 12, 2017
joshnes:
Jesus is not higher than YHWH, because He is equal with YHWH. He is the YHWH, He is God (1Tim 3:16).
How can you prove that God exists?
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 9:57am On Dec 12, 2017
Okay! But what is the NAME(not names) of the Holy Spirit?
joshnes:
I never said you should pray to the Holy Spirit. ".....baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." Jesus didn't say "in the name of the Father, in the name of the Son and in the name of the Holy Spirit" neither did He say "in the names" He said "in the name". Meaning there is a name for the three of them; one name. What is that name? The Christian Bible is the Old and New Testaments.
Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 10:13am On Dec 12, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Okay! But what is the NAME(not names) of the Holy Spirit?
You are still getting it wrong sir, there is a name for three of them together, one name, the same name of the Father is the same name of the Son and the Holy Spirit. So I ask again what name was Jesus speaking of?
Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 10:19am On Dec 12, 2017
lovingJehovah:
How can you prove that God exists?
what has this got to do with what we are saying? If you need a proof of His existence, ask Him, He will show you. You believe, you will see. I cannot prove God to any man. If you want to know Him read about Him and ask Him.
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 10:28am On Dec 12, 2017
Initially, I asked you what is the name of God, the father of Jesus, and you told me that it is YHWH. We all know that the name of the son of YHWH is Jesus. According to your belief in the Trinity, there are three and from that verse that you quoted, it says the 'name' of the Holy Spirit. So, I am asking, what is the name of the Holy Spirit that makes up the third of your doctrine? I am trying to help you elaborate your doctrine. We have got two names so far. You are 70% there.
joshnes:
You are still getting it wrong sir, there is a name for three of them together, one name, the same name of the Father is the same name of the Son and the Holy Spirit. So I ask again what name was Jesus speaking of?
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 10:29am On Dec 12, 2017
Is this the Good news that you will give to an atheist?
The Bible says that you received free, so give free
joshnes:
what has this got to do with what we are saying? If you need a proof of His existence, ask Him, He will show you. You believe, you will see. I cannot prove God to any man. If you want to know Him read about Him and ask Him.
Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 10:44am On Dec 12, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Is this the Good news that you will give to an atheist?
The Bible says that you received free, so give free
are you an atheist, you want me to be telling you about God as I will tell an atheist? By the way, it is not in my power to convince anybody of the existence of God. Nobody can convince anybody because it is God that draws people to Himself. Nobody convinced me, so I am not bound to convince anybody, I can share the gospel, but I cannot convince anybody.
Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 10:54am On Dec 12, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Initially, I asked you what is the name of God, the father of Jesus, and you told me that it is YHWH. We all know that the name of the son of YHWH is Jesus. According to your belief in the Trinity, there are three and from that verse that you quoted, it says the 'name' of the Holy Spirit. So, I am asking, what is the name of the Holy Spirit that makes up the third of your doctrine? I am trying to help you elaborate your doctrine. We have got two names so far. You are 70% there.
I am 70% there to you, while to me you are 0% to where I am taking you. There is only but one name, I did not give you 2 names. There is nothing like the name of the Holy Spirit, just as there is nothing like the name of the Son or the Father, the three together have one name, and since you are afraid to call the name, I'll call it for you: JESUS is the NAME of the Father, of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (70) (Reply)

Pictures From The Burial Of Pastor Dare Adeboye / Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? / Stephanie Otobo Reacts To N1B Lawsuit By Apostle Suleman (Pics/Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 308
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.