Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,363 members, 7,860,994 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:33 PM

Is Jesus God? - Religion (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus God? (80021 Views)

They Made Jesus God For Christians! / Is Jesus God? / Is Jesus God or Equal to God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 28, 2017
removetheturban:
Good for you, Ma'am. Done! What is the question?
do you think Jehovah witnesses have the monopoly of the truth?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 28, 2017
removetheturban:
You made a disparaging comment about the JW and there is nothing denigrating about calling you out on your words. And, guess what! [b]I checked my Bible and it did not tell me that JW come here to argue. [/b]The thread was actually opened by a JW seeking to interchange and not to argue. We do not force our teachings on anyone.
Feel free to share your thoughts but making a conclusive remark like "The JW..." is toxic. Focus on the contributor, not the JW collectively.
you can go over my posts mention any disparaging words I have used on you.
I always used 'some jws' which mean I didn't generalise but it seems majority of you guys are that way. I have come across jws they always pretend not to false their views on you but disagree with them and see their true motive.
BTW. your hypocrisy stinks, why does watch tower refer to other Christians as Christendom, I have read most of your magazines it is majorly about attach against Christians labelling them as false religion but whenever you are called out you either try to spin around or play the victims card.

Why do you generalise? Clear the beam in your eyes first before removing the speck in others.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 28, 2017
When you say monopoly it sounds very intricate because the Bible actually has the monopoly of the truth of God's word. The truth is the Bible's message and it is a gem to be found. Again, it is also the way that leads to life. What we believe is that have found the narrow road that Jesus says leads to life. We, Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that we have found that road. If not, we would all look for another religion.
salvation101:
do you think Jehovah witnesses have the monopoly of the truth?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 28, 2017
removetheturban:
When you say monopoly it sounds very intricate because the Bible actually has the monopoly of the truth of God's word. The truth is the Bible's message and it is a gem to be found. Again, it is also the way that leads to life. What we believe is that have found the narrow road that Jesus says leads to life. We, Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that we have found that road. If not, we would all look for another religion.
ok, u believe the Bible is the truth and you believe JW society alone are following the way of trust as it ought to.. In ur opinion, wat should come first? The Bible or jw doctrine?

If you say d Bible, den is it a crime for ur members to read the Bible independently without referring to ur doctrines?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 28, 2017
Obviously, I have to appreciate the time that you have spent reading our publications. It is a noteworthy thing to me personally. Christendom is not a word made up by the JW. If you go down history, it is a word that your clergy assumed for themselves. If you told me your name, wouldn't it be disrespectful to call you by another name? I will assume that you have not done any findings on that word before insinuating it in your pejorative remark. Do a little finding of the word and you will know that we are not generalising.

For your update, the trend now is "Mainstream". People use mainstream to gain a higher standing before the JW. They post on blogs and vlogs asking JW to denounce their faith and join a mainstream religion. When we address you as mainstream in the future, would that disrespectful? Let me ask you, are you a member of a mainstream religion?
solite3:
you can go over my posts mention any disparaging words I have used on you.
I always used 'some jws' which mean I didn't generalise but it seems majority of you guys are that way. I have come across jws they always pretend not to false their views on you but disagree with them and see their true motive.
BTW. your hypocrisy stinks, why does watch tower refer to other Christians as Christendom, I have read most of your magazines it is majorly about attach against Christians labelling them as false religion but whenever you are called out you either try to spin around or play the victims card.

Why do you generalise? Clear the beam in your eyes first before removing the speck in others.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 28, 2017
JW as an organisation does not have any doctrine outside the scriptures. The message in the Scriptures is our guide to living and serving Jehovah. We are called Bible students and we cannot be independent of the Scriptures. Our beliefs are principles found in the Bible. Being a Jehovah's Witness is not a tag emblazoned on one's outfit, it is actually an identification resulting from love for our brothers and our neighbours. We all made a voluntary acceptance to do Jehovah's will and bear his name. So, we are witnesses of Jehovah Isaiah 43:10. We cannot be witnesses of the world or any man but of Jehovah. One cannot be individually separate from his brothers and claim to be a follower of Jesus' footsteps. Jesus lucidly said that his servants will be one just as he and Jehovah are one John 17:21. That oneness can only exist where love prevails. Without love, it wouldn't have been possible for us to be unitedly serving Jehovah without breaking into branches or having diverse practices, doctrines or interpretations of the scriptures Colossians 3:14

In summary, we do not have a JW doctrine separate from the scriptures.
salvation101:
ok, u believe the Bible is the truth and you believe JW society alone are following the way of trust as it ought to.. In ur opinion, wat should come first? The Bible or jw doctrine?

If you say d Bible, den is it a crime for ur members to read the Bible independently without referring to ur doctrines?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 28, 2017
removetheturban:
JW as an organisation does not have any doctrine outside the scriptures. The message in the Scriptures is our guide to living and serving Jehovah. We are called Bible students and we cannot be independent of the Scriptures. Our beliefs are principles found in the Bible. Being a Jehovah's Witness is not a tag emblazoned on one's outfit, it is actually an identification resulting from love for our brothers and our neighbours. We all made a voluntary acceptance to do Jehovah's will and bear his name. So, we are witnesses of Jehovah Isaiah 43:10. We cannot be witnesses of the world or any man but of Jehovah. One cannot be individually separate from his brothers and claim to be a follower of Jesus' footsteps. Jesus lucidly said that his servants will be one just as he and Jehovah are one John 17:21. That oneness can only exist where love prevails. Without love, it wouldn't have been possible for us to be unitedly serving Jehovah without breaking into branches or having diverse practices, doctrines or interpretations of the scriptures Colossians 3:14

every Christian movement claims their doctrines are from the scriptures, why do u think urs is any different? Over the years there av been changes in ur doctrinal beliefs, why do you think ur doctrine is flawless?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 28, 2017
Obviously, there have been changes or adjustment to some of our beliefs just as there have been in any other religion. Our doctrine has remained the same and it is important that you note that. The adjustments in our beliefs are as a result of gaining fonder understandings or clarification of the Scriptures. Such changes are in harmony with the Bible principle of the light getting brighter. Our doctrine has remained consistent over the years. I reiterate, we are Bible students and we have never claimed to be inspired by God or to possess supernatural powers of any sort. We believe in following the pattern that Jesus set down for us as written IN the holy scriptures. We endeavour to read the prophetic signs written in the scriptures.

There are so many changes that people are blind to in their own religions. Churches never had the title G.O or others as it does today. Women were never allowed to preach in Church or hold any ministerial titles as they do today. Some dress codes in Churches today use to be a taboo but that has changed today. Sex or romance never used to be a pulpit subject but it is today. Homosexuality used to be absolutely unacceptable in churches but that has changed today. Collection of gate fees was never practised as it is today. Covering of the woman's hair has changed in Churches today. Church banners or signboards used to be a picture of Jesus but that has changed. Pastors never used to prophecy but everyone does today. Churches never used to go on door-to-door preaching but some do today. Ministers never used to be wealthy but they are wealthy today. Churches used to revere the Pope but they do not do that anymore. Some Churches used to abhor makeup and fashion but not anymore. Many have claimed to speak with God but it never used to be. Pastors never used to have bodyguards or allow guns into the church but today it is different. Pastors never used to divorce but today so many pastors divorce on no moral ground. Churches did not engage in burning shrines or temples but today it is celebrated. Drinking alcohol was an aberration in many Churches but not anymore. Condoning lewd conducts and obscene immortality never used to be acceptable but not anymore. And the list goes on.
These are beliefs held by ALL Churches that have been defined and redefined but people are oblivious to them because they have eyes on the JW. Yes, we have changed some of our beliefs but we have been consistent with our doctrine.
salvation101:
every Christian movement claims their doctrines are from the scriptures, why do u think urs is any different? Over the years there av been changes in ur doctrinal beliefs, why do you think ur doctrine is flawless?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 28, 2017
removetheturban:
Obviously, I have to appreciate the time that you have spent reading our publications. It is a noteworthy thing to me personally. Christendom is not a word made up by the JW. If you go down history, it is a word that your clergy assumed for themselves. If you told me your name, wouldn't it be disrespectful to call you by another name? I will assume that you have not done any findings on that word before insinuating it in your pejorative remark. Do a little finding of the word and you will know that we are not generalising.

For your update, the trend now is "Mainstream". People use mainstream to gain a higher standing before the JW. They post on blogs and vlogs asking JW to denounce their faith and join a mainstream religion. When we address you as mainstream in the future, would that disrespectful? Let me ask you, are you a member of a mainstream religion?
that was a long time ago. I no longer read your magazine.
Here you go again, a few men called themselves a name then you assume its for everyone. Is that not generalisation?

what do you mean by Christendom who are the leaders that name is themselves christendom? Why trying to rob it on others face?
What do you mean by main stream?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 28, 2017
removetheturban:
Obviously, there have been changes or adjustment to some of our beliefs just as there have been in any other religion. Our doctrine has remained the same and it is important that you note that. The adjustments in our beliefs are as a result of gaining fonder understandings or clarification of the Scriptures. Such changes are in harmony with the Bible principle of the light getting brighter. Our doctrine has remained consistent over the years. I reiterate, we are Bible students and we have never claimed to be inspired by God or to possess supernatural powers of any sort. We believe in following the pattern that Jesus set down for us as written IN the holy scriptures. We endeavour to read the prophetic signs written in the scriptures.

There are so many changes that people are blind to in their own religions. Churches never had the title G.O or others as it does today. Women were never allowed to preach in Church or hold any ministerial titles as they do today. Some dress codes in Churches today use to be a taboo but that has changed today. Sex or romance never used to be a pulpit subject but it is today. Homosexuality used to be absolutely unacceptable in churches but that has changed today. Collection of gate fees was never practised as it is today. Covering of the woman's hair has changed in Churches today. Church banners or signboards used to be a picture of Jesus but that has changed. Pastors never used to prophecy but everyone does today. Churches never used to go on door-to-door preaching but some do today. Ministers never used to be wealthy but they are wealthy today. Churches used to revere the Pope but they do not do that anymore. Some Churches used to abhor makeup and fashion but not anymore. Many have claimed to speak with God but it never used to be. Pastors never used to have bodyguards or allow guns into the church but today it is different. Pastors never used to divorce but today so many pastors divorce on no moral ground. Churches did not engage in burning shrines or temples but today it is celebrated. Drinking alcohol was an aberration in many Churches but not anymore. Condoning lewd conducts and obscene immortality never used to be acceptable but not anymore. And the list goes on.
These are beliefs held by ALL Churches that have been defined and redefined but people are oblivious to them because they have eyes on the JW. Yes, we have changed some of our beliefs but we have been consistent with our doctrine.
when i say there has been changes i mean doctrinal changes. Like at a time blood transfusion wasn't an offense but eventually it became an offense. Wat do u mean by light getting brighter? Do u by dat statement agree dat some things u believe may eventually change tomorrow wen u see a brighter light? If so den why do you think u are different from the other churches u just made a comparison with cos u initially said u r on d narrow road alone but now u r comparing with those who u feel are on d broad way. How is dat? Why should u compare ur perfect society with babylon d great wch u pulled out from?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 28, 2017
These are not questions for the JW rather your church members or leaders should be looping you in on the covfefe. I do not know what part of the country you live in but when you get out on the streets you might meet enlightened people from your religion that might feel indisposed to your school of thought. Believe me, I am surprised that you are not yet acquainted with the trendy 'mainstream'. You are not in the old and not in the new then, where do you place yourself? I cannot explain everything that is why I recommended a research regime for you.

Do not blame the JW, bro. It is a thing of pride to many anti-JW to brag about being mainstream as it was about Christendom. What you post on Nairaland is unerasable, bro. kindly do a research for your own good. Instead of antagonizing the JW, spare some time to update yourself on the latest in vogue about your religion. What church do you represent?

As for our publication, we thank you for the ones that you have read already. We sincerely appreciate it, bro. Anytime you change your mind, you may read more on jw.org

Do not let anger consume you, bro. You may just be sinning against God if you do. Remember Ephesians 4:26
solite3:
that was a long time ago. I no longer read your magazine.
Here you go again, a few men called themselves a name then you assume its for everyone. Is that not generalisation?

what do you mean by Christendom who are the leaders that name is themselves christendom? Why trying to rob it on others face?
What do you mean by main stream?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 28, 2017
There has not been a change in our doctrine. Blood transfusions were never accepted from the get-go. It only became disciplinary at some point to sanitize our organisation. That was when it became popular and easily available. We do not accept blood. Even in the world war, we did not receive blood and that was in 1900's. If not for the world war very few persons knew about blood transfusion and it was majorly given to soldiers. When do you think blood transfusion became a notable medical option for you to arrive at such conclusion?
We have always refused blood and we are known all over the world for that.

Changes in our beliefs are in line with the Bible principle stated at Proverbs 4:18: “The path of the righteous is like the bright morning light that grows brighter and brighter until full daylight.” Just as the rising sun reveals details of a landscape gradually, God grants an understanding of divine truth progressively, in his due time. (1 Peter 1:10-12) As the Bible foretold, he has accelerated this process during “the time of the end.” Daniel 12:4. Prophecy is what we go by now. The signs of the time give us clear indication that the anticipated day of Jehovah is near. Just like the first century Christians, we are also keeping on the watch for that is what Jesus asked us to do. We are on the watch so that the day will not overtake us while we are asleep. We do not claim divine inspiration. Moreover, we anticipate the great day of Jehovah by checking the times with prophetic words and we do well to encourage ourselves to stay alert and stay firm in the faith. The first century Christians and the apostles also had the light shone on them by Jesus in their own time. It is not a doctrinal belief.
2 Thessalonians 2:1 However, brothers, concerning the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ+ and our being gathered together to him,+ we ask you 2 not to be quickly shaken from your reason nor to be alarmed either by an inspired statement or by a spoken message or by a letter appearing to be from us, to the effect that the day of Jehovah is here.

I gave you examples so that you can also look inward to see things clearly. We do not compare with anyone. Our doctrine remains the same and our beliefs concerning the prophetic words (not doctrine), have few times been fine-tuned. We do not claim perfection. Get our words correctly and do not misquote us. We have never said that we are a member of perfect people. We are all imperfect seeking to do the will of our father, Jehovah.

salvation101:
when i say there has been changes i mean doctrinal changes. Like at a time blood transfusion wasn't an offense but eventually it became an offense. Wat do u mean by light getting brighter? Do u by dat statement agree dat some things u believe may eventually change tomorrow wen u see a brighter light? If so den why do you think u are different from the other churches u just made a comparison with cos u initially said u r on d narrow road alone but now u r comparing with those who u feel are on d broad way. How is dat? Why should u compare ur perfect society with babylon d great wch u pulled out from?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 28, 2017
removetheturban:
There has not been a change in our doctrine. Blood transfusions were never accepted from the get-go. It only became disciplinary at some point to sanitize our organisation. That was when it became popular and easily available. We do not accept blood. Even in the world war, we did not receive blood and that was in 1900's. If not for the world war very few persons knew about blood transfusion and it was majorly given to soldiers. When do you think blood transfusion became a notable medical option for you to arrive at such conclusion?

Changes in our beliefs are in line with the Bible principle stated at Proverbs 4:18: “The path of the righteous is like the bright morning light that grows brighter and brighter until full daylight.” Just as the rising sun reveals details of a landscape gradually, God grants an understanding of divine truth progressively, in his due time. (1 Peter 1:10-12) As the Bible foretold, he has accelerated this process during “the time of the end.” Daniel 12:4. Prophecy is what we go by now. The signs of the time give us clear indication that the anticipated day of Jehovah is near. Just like the first century Christians, we are also keeping on the watch for that is what Jesus asked us to do. We are on the watch so that the day will not overtake us while we are asleep. We do not claim divine inspiration. Moreover, we anticipate the great day of Jehovah by checking the times with prophetic words and we do well to encourage ourselves to stay alert and stay firm in the faith. The first century Christians and the apostles also had the light shone on them by Jesus in their own time. It is not a doctrinal belief.
2 Thessalonians 2:1 However, brothers, concerning the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ+ and our being gathered together to him,+ we ask you 2 not to be quickly shaken from your reason nor to be alarmed either by an inspired statement or by a spoken message or by a letter appearing to be from us, to the effect that the day of Jehovah is here.

I gave you examples so that you can also look inward to see things clearly. We do not compare with anyone. Our doctrine remains the same and our beliefs concerning the prophetic words (not doctrine), have few times been fine-tuned. We do not claim perfection. Get our words correctly and do not misquote us. We have never said that we are a member of perfect people. We are all imperfect seeking to do the will of our father, Jehovah.

u said u don't claim divine inspiration so where are the doctrines coming out from?
Ur organization prophesied dat the world will end in 1914, 1918,1925 and 1975 the Bible Deut 18:22 said if a prophecy doesn't come to pass it didn't emanate from God. How come the watchtower has been wrong repeatedly on dis issue?
There are several other doctrines dat av kept changing
Re: Is Jesus God? by hadow(m): 5:57pm On Dec 28, 2017
lovingJehovah:
John 17:3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

Are we not literally calling him a liar by calling him God or coequal? He calls Jehovah the ONLY TRUE GOD (ONLY). If he himself could make such strong and affirmative statement, then who are we to deify him or to make him God or God's coequal?

In John 17:21 "May they also be in us..." Does it mean that we are also God's coequal? Give me a break!

1 Corinthians 11:3 "...the head of Christ is God". Does it mean that the woman and the man are coequal? Does it mean that the man and
Christ are coequal?

Matthew 24:36 "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father".
This alone is a clear distinction between the two. They are one just as he compared the man to the woman and the man to himself. In ONE family there is the man who is placed above the woman; Jehovah and Jesus also are one in purpose as John 5:30 clearly states.

The trinity are 3 distinct personalities that coexist. 1john 5:7
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 28, 2017
removetheturban:
What do you mean by justification?
I am trying hard to stay on the thread topic for the interest of people who click on the topic with hopes to get clarification on this particular subject. Nevertheless, from your experience do you make out that JW are the only ones against the Trinity?

you know the answer to that is NO
Re: Is Jesus God? by Hairyrapunzel: 7:11pm On Dec 28, 2017
removetheturban:

JW as an organisation does not have any doctrine outside the scriptures.
There you go again
Almost all your doctrines are outside the Bible.
Not joining the military, not voting, maintaining neutrality, preaching watchtower organization is the only route to salvation, overlapping generation, blood transfusion ban, accepting blood fractions, believing seven old men in New York are the only channel of communication between God and man, two hopes, judicial committees, disfellowshiping for smoking, shunning, paradise earth, field service, circuit,branch,presiding overseer, regular pioneer, publisher, auxiliary pioneer, special pioneer, reporting time, God killing people because they are don't belong to watchtower organization, cart witnessing, magazine distribution, independent thinking is a crime, 1914 etc. Infact all your doctrines are not seen in the Bible

The message in the Scriptures is our guide to living and serving Jehovah.

That means the laws written explicitly in the scriptures you don't follow instead you make your own rules which are not stated in the scriptures.

We are called Bible students and we cannot be independent of the Scriptures.
Bible students don't need seven men in New York to tell them what the Bible means.that is independent thinking isnt a crime for Bible students. You are not a Bible student you are watchtower magazine student

Our beliefs are principles found in the Bible
I am still waiting for the one found in the Bible. The last time I checked they were formulations made by Watchtower

Being a Jehovah's Witness is not a tag emblazoned on one's outfit, it is actually an identification resulting from love for our brothers and our neighbours

They don't write the church people attend on their forehead either. Love for brothers and neighbors indeed. Brothers who you will shun when they leave your church and neighbors who you can't wait for your God to slaughter during Armageddon so your new system will come quickly.

We all made a voluntary acceptance to do Jehovah's will and bear his name.
You chose to do what your leaders told you to do.

So, we are witnesses of Jehovah Isaiah 43:10.
Rutherford chose the name in 1935. The early Christians were witnesses of Jesus. Acts 1:8, acts 22:15, acts 10:42.

We cannot be witnesses of the world or any man but of Jehovah.
That's why your leaders have relegated Jesus to background role and put themselves as mediators and the channel in which their followers can reach God.

One cannot be individually separate from his brothers and claim to be a follower of Jesus' footsteps

I heard that your governing body need two thirds of vote to change a doctrine. I believe if they were one as you claim, it would be a unanimous decision. The same non biblical doctrines make you one in non biblical teachings. You follow man made doctrines therefore, Jesus wasn't referring to you

Jesus lucidly said that his servants will be one just as he and Jehovah are one John 17:21
Jesus wasn't referring to people who believe that in 1914 he came invisibly to choose them because their leader at that time told them so.

That oneness can only exist where love prevails. Without love, it wouldn't have been possible for us to be unitedly serving Jehovah without breaking into branches or having diverse practices, doctrines or interpretations of the scriptures Colossians 3:14

Is it the conditional love you have. When that same brother leaves your religion to another religion you shun him. Your love has conditions attached.

Still you didn't address the issue. You stylishly avoided the question again. I listed some of your doctrines not found at all in the bible

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus God? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:21pm On Dec 28, 2017
removetheturban:

When you adjust a doctrine the doctrine automatically changes. You want to sugar coat changing your doctrine. Blood transfusion ban started in 1945.from 1879-1945 jws were accepting blood transfusion. You want to lie. The fact still remains that blood transfusion ban came into effect in 1945. I know you will soon say blood transfusion started in Bible times. I know you don't know about all new treatment modalities till they become widely used. That doesn't mean that those treatment modalities were never used. That you don't know about a medical treatment doesn't mean it isn't used. Illiterates made a law that has caused death of their followers all in the name of imaginary new system.

Something that started in 1945. Is it that it is now a criminal offence to read old watchtower magazines?
Your leaders have so much control over your lives then

Changes in our beliefs are in line with the Bible principle stated at Proverbs 4:18: “The path of the righteous is like the bright morning light that grows brighter and brighter until full daylight.”
You see liar like you. You earlier said your beliefs are adjusted and they remain the same even after adjusting it. Now you say change in your beliefs are justified by only one verse in the Bible. Meanwhile the whole chapter talks about behavior. How only this verse refers to doctrinal changes I have no idea. It's obvious your leaders don't know the Bible they just want to justify their endless false information.

Just as the rising sun reveals details of a landscape gradually, God grants an understanding of divine truth progressively, in his due time. (1 Peter 1:10-12)
That's why false prophets don't wait for His due time. They are always in a hurry to say lies so they can garner followers after which they change their beliefs. I think you God is confused.
Do you know the funny part is that when Catholics change their beliefs you call them false religion or Babylon the great but when you change your beliefs it's new light. Lol

As the Bible foretold, he has accelerated this process during “the time of the end.” Daniel 12:4. Prophecy is what we go by now.
The same bible told us the characteristics of false prophets include:

False prophets speak from their own minds not from the Lord Jeremiah 23:16

If you speak what God has not said you should say deuteronomy 18:20

If a prophet says he speaks in God's name and that thing doesn't come to pass Deuteronomy 18:22

I personally don't think your organization is directed by God. Your Jehovah makes mistakes in his doctrines. He tells the seven men in New York to discipline people for not abiding to doctrines that he will change later.

The signs of the time give us clear indication that the anticipated day of Jehovah is near
We live in the most peaceful time in history. I don't think God will destroy the earth for 8 million jws to inherit. That's a sign of envy and hatred on your part.

Just like the first century Christians, we are also keeping on the watch for that is what Jesus asked us to do.
Jesus asked you to do so many other things and it's only keeping the watch you can remember

We are on the watch so that the day will not overtake us while we are asleep
That means you live in constant fear and anxiety. I feel for you. You want to impress God so he won't kill you like non jws. So you actually do what you do because you just want to survive Armageddon? Even the blood transfusion ban and shunning?

We do not claim divine inspiration
But your governing body claims divine inspiration. They have told you that you can't be directed by God so you agree to what ever they tell you. Interesting

Moreover, we anticipate the great day of Jehovah by checking the times with prophetic words and we do well to encourage ourselves to stay alert and stay firm in the faith.
Anxiety, depression, sadness, fear etc will be a norm for you people

The first century Christians and the apostles also had the light shone on them by Jesus in their own time. It is not a doctrinal belief.
So since Jesus light shone on first century Christians then Jehovah's light is now only on jws witnesses in this present day. What kind of fallacy is this?

So it is imperfect men ruling God's perfect organisation right?

It is imperfect men that will create imperfect doctrines which must be obeyed for a perfect organization.

It is imperfect men that will state the kind of punishment to be given to people who disobey imperfect doctrines which can change anytime right?

It is imperfect men that create imperfect doctrines that are changeable yet say they run a perfect organization

Your religion is just a scam and racket like the others

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 3:48am On Dec 29, 2017
There is a difference between prophecy and prediction. You should do a research and correct that thought. We have never claimed to have prophesied any date in any of our articles. We do not have a prophet in our organisation and we only rely on the message of the Scriptures.
Our prediction is an anticipation of the end based on Bible's chronology and the prophetic words found in the Bible. We published the figures for everyone to also do their own calculations and we referenced information contained in the King James version. The word POSSIBLY or IT COULD was used in the issue of the publications, even as we looked forward to the date.

In all articles published on this issue, it is made clear that only the father knows the date and the hour but as Jesus urged us to keep in expectation of it, we continue to look forward to it. And, yes! It is very near. The JW still keep in expectation of it. Our calculations of the dates are indeed from the figures found in the Bible coinciding with the unfolding events of the world. We predicted the events in 1914 and so and how come no one is reporting that? You only dwell on the negativity which is a sinister move from anti-JW. Why is no one talking about our calculation of 1914? Calculating the 7 times in the Bible's prophecy, the events foretold by Jesus that will signal the last days, Daniels prophecy and the Revelation account, we know 100% that those prophetic words hold the key to the time of the end. That is what we go by.

And you cannot label us false for trying to CALCULATE the numbers signalling the 'fulfilING' events of Bible's prophecy. It is just like calling a meteorologist a liar for not experiencing the rain. He does not prophecy but predicts. When you get the difference between those two words, you will feel better.

The Bible's prophecies are for you and the JW. What efforts has your Church made to explain them to you? We have boldly made many interpretations that many religions have bought into. Our faith has led to medical, legal and spiritual changes all around the world and we have opened the door to legal rights and Bible understanding that used to walled.

We do not claim to be prophetic but predictive. Every religion or root has made prophecies or predictions about the end of the world. We do not have any changing doctrine. As I told you, you need to learn the difference between doctrine and belief. Do you call a prediction a doctrine? So predicting the score of a football game has become the rule of the game, yeah?

Many have claimed to have personal confabs or communications with God. Many have prophesied about a better year or better Nigeria and things keep getting worse. Many have prophesied about the Naira but it is yet to be true. I am sure that you read the headlines on Nairaland to confirm the numerous prophecies that have been confirmed to be lies. Why are these underreported?

We are not a prophesying organisation and we do not believe that humans have that gift anymore. So whatever we publish(ed) is based on findings and calculations using the Bible and the unfolding events. It is not doctrinal but a prediction as we keep awake and in expectation of Jehovah's great day.
salvation101:
u said u don't claim divine inspiration so where are the doctrines coming out from?
Ur organization prophesied dat the world will end in 1914, 1918,1925 and 1975 the Bible Deut 18:22 said if a prophecy doesn't come to pass it didn't emanate from God. How come the watchtower has been wrong repeatedly on dis issue?
There are several other doctrines dat av kept changing
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 3:57am On Dec 29, 2017
Apart from Muslims, what other religion discredits the Trinity doctrine?
Ferisidowu:

you know the answer to that is NO
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 5:13am On Dec 29, 2017
Lol, so u don't believe in prophecy but u believe in predictions? Can you give biblical verses to support your belief in predictions? I av little experience in d forex market and i know wat predictions or probability is. In fact the best of traders end up making false predictions. How can i trust my eternal life in the hands of person(s) who av made it clear dat dey ar3 no different from those who watches weather? Dis is exactly what palmist, stargazers, astrologers dat God warned against in the old testament do. Dey make predictions and some are even very accurate in fact there is a saying in Wallstreet dat "millionaires do not use astrology, billionaires do" (dis statement was originally made by JP Morgan).. D deeper u go in prediction, the closer u get to astrology. Why is it easier to convince ursef dat God do not av prophets anymore wen the only time prophecy ceased tru out God dealing with mankind as recorded in scripture is during the dark ages? In fact even after Adam fell, his son Abel was a prophet according to Jesus Christ luke 11:50,51... Even Moses said that he wished all God's people were prophet Num11:29
Jesus even warned us to beware of false prophets, if there isn't gonna be real prophets, den why do we av to be cautious of false prophets? Why didn't he simply say, there wouldn't be any more prophets? If ur technician said u should beware of fake spareparts, doesn't it imply dat there is a real one out there too? I think the problem here arises from understanding the job of a prophet does according to scripture. The prophet is simply someone who declares the words of God. Its not just limited to telling future events. Read tru the minor and major prophets and u will see dat above 80% of wat dey wrote was delivering of God’s message to the ppl as at dat time.. The book of Daniel u talked about, the Prophecy about the future was in the last two chapters of the entire book. The rest were records of wat happened in the captivity..
Who says we don't understand Bible prophecy? I can tell you the part of Daniel's prophecy dat has come to pass and those that are yet to. All d 5 kingdoms dat were represented in d statue he saw.
Like i said earlier, anybody dat claims to prophecy and it didn't come to pass, that word didn't emanate from God. God's word never fail.. The humanity of such a person may av played tricks on him. He could av been used of God in d past or even in d future but at dat moment he just spoke words from his own head
removetheturban:
There is a difference between prophecy and prediction. You should do a research and correct that thought. We have never claimed to have prophesied any date in any of our articles. We do not have a prophet in our organisation and we only rely on the message of the Scriptures.
Our prediction is an anticipation of the end based on Bible's chronology and the prophetic words found in the Bible. We published the figures for everyone to also do their own calculations and we referenced information contained in the King James version. The word POSSIBLY or IT COULD was used in the issue of the publications, even as we looked forward to the date.

In all articles published on this issue, it is made clear that only the father knows the date and the hour but as Jesus urged us to keep in expectation of it, we continue to look forward to it. And, yes! It is very near. The JW still keep in expectation of it. Our calculations of the dates are indeed from the figures found in the Bible coinciding with the unfolding events of the world. We predicted the events in 1914 and so and how come no one is reporting that? You only dwell on the negativity which is a sinister move from anti-JW. Why is no one talking about our calculation of 1914? Calculating the 7 times in the Bible's prophecy, the events foretold by Jesus that will signal the last days, Daniels prophecy and the Revelation account, we know 100% that those prophetic words hold the key to the time of the end. That is what we go by.

And you cannot label us false for trying to CALCULATE the numbers signalling the 'fulfilING' events of Bible's prophecy. It is just like calling a meteorologist a liar for not experiencing the rain. He does not prophecy but predicts. When you get the difference between those two words, you will feel better.

The Bible's prophecies are for you and the JW. What efforts has your Church made to explain them to you? We have boldly made many interpretations that many religions have bought into. Our faith has led to medical, legal and spiritual changes all around the world and we have opened the door to legal rights and Bible understanding that used to walled.

We do not claim to be prophetic but predictive. Every religion or root has made prophecies or predictions about the end of the world. We do not have any changing doctrine. As I told you, you need to learn the difference between doctrine and belief. Do you call a prediction a doctrine? So predicting the score of a football game has become the rule of the game, yeah?

Many have claimed to have personal confabs or communications with God. Many have prophesied about a better year or better Nigeria and things keep getting worse. Many have prophesied about the Naira but it is yet to be true. I am sure that you read the headlines on Nairaland to confirm the numerous prophecies that have been confirmed to be lies. Why are these underreported?

We are not a prophesying organisation and we do not believe that humans have that gift anymore. So whatever we publish(ed) is based on findings and calculations using the Bible and the unfolding events. It is not doctrinal but a prediction as we keep awake and in expectation of Jehovah's great day.
Re: Is Jesus God? by noblefrank31(m): 5:15am On Dec 29, 2017
Good!

»» Are Weary And Tired Of Life? Jesus Wants To Do A New Thing In Your Life Today! See Powerful Prayer Points For Instant Breakthroughs And Miracles!
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 29, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

There you go again
Almost all your doctrines are outside the Bible.
Not joining the military, not voting, maintaining neutrality, preaching watchtower organization is the only route to salvation, overlapping generation, blood transfusion ban, accepting blood fractions, believing seven old men in New York are the only channel of communication between God and man, two hopes, judicial committees, disfellowshiping for smoking, shunning, paradise earth, field service, circuit,branch,presiding overseer, regular pioneer, publisher, auxiliary pioneer, special pioneer, reporting time, God killing people because they are don't belong to watchtower organization, cart witnessing, magazine distribution, independent thinking is a crime, 1914 etc. Infact all your doctrines are not seen in the Bible

That means the laws written explicitly in the scriptures you don't follow instead you make your own rules which are not stated in the scriptures.

Bible students don't need seven men in New York to tell them what the Bible means.that is independent thinking isnt a crime for Bible students. You are not a Bible student you are watchtower magazine student

I am still waiting for the one found in the Bible. The last time I checked they were formulations made by Watchtower

They don't write the church people attend on their forehead either. Love for brothers and neighbors indeed. Brothers who you will shun when they leave your church and neighbors who you can't wait for your God to slaughter during Armageddon so your new system will come quickly.

You chose to do what your leaders told you to do.

Rutherford chose the name in 1935. The early Christians were witnesses of Jesus. Acts 1:8, acts 22:15, acts 10:42.

That's why your leaders have relegated Jesus to background role and put themselves as mediators and the channel in which their followers can reach God.

I heard that your governing body need two thirds of vote to change a doctrine. I believe if they were one as you claim, it would be a unanimous decision. The same non biblical doctrines make you one in non biblical teachings. You follow man made doctrines therefore, Jesus wasn't referring to you

Jesus wasn't referring to people who believe that in 1914 he came invisibly to choose them because their leader at that time told them so.

Is it the conditional love you have. When that same brother leaves your religion to another religion you shun him. Your love has conditions attached.

Still you didn't address the issue. You stylishly avoided the question again. I listed some of your doctrines not found at all in the bible
woah. Just went tru dis ur post and with so much details i can see here, i am tempted to believe u were once an insider. Am i correct?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 30, 2017
salvation101:
Lol, so u don't believe in prophecy but u believe in predictions?
We never said that we do not believe in prophecy. Do not get it twisted. No JW has ever told you that we do not believe in prophecy. Blasphemy is a sin. JW emphatically believe in the prophecies written in the Bible and all our calculations are Bible-based.
If we have to go by prophecy, the Pentecostal pastors have prophesied wrongly about the state of Nigeria. They have prayed and publicly announced the untrue about Nigeria for many years and on many occasions. They claim that they speak with God one on one. God keeps telling them that Nigeria will get better every next year. Nairaland can be referenced for verification.
On the other hand, we believe in prophecy and we have never claimed to be inspired by God neither have we claimed to Prophecy. We go by the prophecies written in the Bible. We believe that all Scriptures are inspired by God and we believe in the scriptures to gain the word of God.
salvation101:

Can you give biblical verses to support your belief in predictions?
Moses had a wrong prediction of God timing when he offered himself as a deliverer for the nation of Israel 40 years AHEAD of God’s timetable Acts 7:23-25, 30, 35.
Jesus' apostles failed to understand the prophecy that foretold the death and resurrection of the Messiah Isaiah 53:8-12; Matthew 16:21-23.
Some early Christians had wrong ideas about the timing of “the day of Jehovah.” 2 Thessalonians 2:1, 2.
salvation101:
I av little experience in d forex market and i know wat predictions or probability is. In fact the best of traders end up making false predictions.
Sorry about your lack of sufficient experience. Actually there are crash courses on Forex Trading just in case you are interested. Talking about business, there are actually many prophecies made by pastors around town regarding financial increase and business expansions that never came to pass. The Bible said that the day will come like a thief and we are in great anticipation of it. We align Bible prophecies with the unfolding scenes of the world. When you beef up security during the December season, are you keeping in expectation of thieves or not? Why choose December as if the thieves hibernate during other months of the year? When you take out your umbrella on a cloudy day, are you considered stupid? Keeping in expectation using the Bible's prophecy and the signs of the time is what Jesus asked us to do. 2 Peter 3:12 asked us to keep close in mind the day of Jehovah. Jehovah's Witnesses are always on the lookout for that day as we also scrutinize ourselves.
salvation101:

How can i trust my eternal life in the hands of person(s) who av made it clear dat dey ar3 no different from those who watches weather?
JW have never asked you to entrust your eternal life to them. When did we ever ask you to do so? We do not force people to embrace us or our teachings. It is never in our practice. No JW entrusts his life in anyone but to Jehovah. If you entrust your life to your pastors, well done! If you entrust your life to Pentecostal, Well done! We have no dog in that race.
No one made it clear to you that we are no different from those who watch the weather. I gave you an example of what prediction is so, do not twist my response to suit your logic. Meteorologist bases their predictions on scientific facts while we based our predictions on the prophetic words in the Bible. We are eager for the day of Jehovah more than the watchmen Psalm 130:6. This system is a sinking ship and we are not a part of it. We yearn for God's kingdom and that is why Jesus' model prayer in Matthew 6 is very important to us.
salvation101:
Dis is exactly what palmist, stargazers, astrologers dat God warned against in the old testament do. Dey make predictions and some are even very accurate in fact there is a saying in Wallstreet dat "millionaires do not use astrology, billionaires do" (dis statement was originally made by JP Morgan).. D deeper u go in prediction, the closer u get to astrology.
Well, we do not know JP Morgan and he is not important to us more than the Bible. We are not interested in palmist, stargazers, astrologers and JP Morgan. We do not criticize your interest in them either.
salvation101:
Why is it easier to convince ursef dat God do not av prophets anymore wen the only time prophecy ceased tru out God dealing with mankind as recorded in scripture is during the dark ages? In fact even after Adam fell, his son Abel was a prophet according to Jesus Christ luke 11:50,51... Even Moses said that he wished all God's people were prophet Num11:29
Well, we do not stop your prophets from prophesying. I heard all the prophecies that was made last year against this year. I will hear them pushed forward to 2018 tomorrow. It always gets down on the 31st of every year. We may see some of them make the front page on Nairaland in two days. Let me ask you, do you believe that these popular Pentecostal pastors in Nigeria are prophets?
salvation101:
Jesus even warned us to beware of false prophets, if there isn't gonna be real prophets, den why do we av to be cautious of false prophets? Why didn't he simply say, there wouldn't be any more prophets?
Okay, I have been asking of the name of one true prophet from you. Is there a true prophet in Nigeria? If yes, what is his name or what are their names?
salvation101:
If ur technician said u should beware of fake spareparts, doesn't it imply dat there is a real one out there too? I think the problem here arises from understanding the job of a prophet does according to scripture. The prophet is simply someone who declares the words of God. Its not just limited to telling future events.
Can you mention the names of the prophets that the general Nigerian can relate to?
salvation101:
Read tru the minor and major prophets and u will see dat above 80% of wat dey wrote was delivering of God’s message to the ppl as at dat time..
Oh, do we have minor and major prophets? List the names of the minor and the major prophets and classify them in their hierarchy. Do you consider yourself a prophet?
salvation101:
The book of Daniel u talked about, the Prophecy about the future was in the last two chapters of the entire book. The rest were records of wat happened in the captivity..
Daniel 2:44 does not seem to fall in the last two chapters. Or, was it a prophecy about the things that happened in the past? Verse 45 says The Grand God has made known to the king what will happen in the FUTURE. How do you align this to your comment?
salvation101:

Who says we don't understand Bible prophecy? I can tell you the part of Daniel's prophecy dat has come to pass and those that are yet to. All d 5 kingdoms dat were represented in d statue he saw.
You have a lot to thank the Jehovah’s Witnesses for. Can you explain Revelation 12:13-15 to me?
salvation101:

Like i said earlier, anybody dat claims to prophecy and it didn't come to pass, that word didn't emanate from God. God's word never fail.. The humanity of such a person may av played tricks on him. He could av been used of God in d past or even in d future but at dat moment he just spoke words from his own head
I am glad that the JW have never “claimed” to prophecy. We did not claim that Nigeria would get better. We have not claimed that the Naira would gain. We have not prophesied that any regime would bring about any change in Nigeria. We have read many who have and we will keep feigning oblivion.
What we have always preached is a message of the only kingdom that has the capacity to bring the real change that mankind desires. The only kingdom that Daniel prophesied in Daniel 2:44 that will destroy all human rulership and establish itself forever. The Kingdom that will be seated in heaven and rule all over the earth; A kingdom that will allow people to live in their natural home, the earth in peace and be undisturbed by wars, hate, blasphemy, death and suffering; The kingdom that Christ will rule for one thousand years before handing everything over to Jehovah, his father and his God; The kingdom that promises everlasting life to human on earth; The kingdom that promises resurrection to all Jehovah’s servants who have been killed in the first century and beyond, by the Nazis and by blasphemers and persecutors all over the world.
It has been a very cruel world to Jesus and to his faithful servants. Jehovah’s witnesses have endured and are still enduring a history of torture, blasphemy, being victims of organized crimes, death, insult, reviling, ban, deprivation of basic human rights, prison sentence, seizure and confiscation of properties, assault, ostracism, harassment, denial of enrolment in schools, beating etc.
Revelation 6:10 How long oh, Jehovah! How much longer?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 30, 2017
removetheturban:
We never said that we do not believe in prophecy. Do not get it twisted. No JW has ever told you that we do not believe in prophecy. Blasphemy is a sin. JW emphatically believe in the prophecies written in the Bible and all our calculations are Bible-based.
If we have to go by prophecy, the Pentecostal pastors have prophesied wrongly about the state of Nigeria. They have prayed and publicly announced the untrue about Nigeria for many years and on many occasions. They claim that they speak with God one on one. God keeps telling them that Nigeria will get better every next year. Nairaland can be referenced for verification.
On the other hand, we believe in prophecy and we have never claimed to be inspired by God neither have we claimed to Prophecy. We go by the prophecies written in the Bible. We believe that all Scriptures are inspired by God and we believe in the scriptures to gain the word of God. Moses had a wrong prediction of God timing when he offered himself as a deliverer for the nation of Israel 40 years AHEAD of God’s timetable Acts 7:23-25, 30, 35.
Jesus' apostles failed to understand the prophecy that foretold the death and resurrection of the Messiah Isaiah 53:8-12; Matthew 16:21-23.
Some early Christians had wrong ideas about the timing of “the day of Jehovah.” 2 Thessalonians 2:1, 2. Sorry about your lack of sufficient experience. Actually there are crash courses on Forex Trading just in case you are interested. Talking about business, there are actually many prophecies made by pastors around town regarding financial increase and business expansions that never came to pass. The Bible said that the day will come like a thief and we are in great anticipation of it. We align Bible prophecies with the unfolding scenes of the world. When you beef up security during the December season, are you keeping in expectation of thieves or not? Why choose December as if the thieves hibernate during other months of the year? When you take out your umbrella on a cloudy day, are you considered stupid? Keeping in expectation using the Bible's prophecy and the signs of the time is what Jesus asked us to do. 2 Peter 3:12 asked us to keep close in mind the day of Jehovah. Jehovah's Witnesses are always on the lookout for that day as we also scrutinize ourselves. JW have never asked you to entrust your eternal life to them. When did we ever ask you to do so? We do not force people to embrace us or our teachings. It is never in our practice. No JW entrusts his life in anyone but to Jehovah. If you entrust your life to your pastors, well done! If you entrust your life to Pentecostal, Well done! We have no dog in that race.
had to learn how to quote like you even wen u didn't teach me undecided

Ok, i asked for biblical references that supports ur making predictions and all you could do is tell me dis person and dat person's mistakes, are their mistakes ur basis for believing in predictions? Den why do u think u r different and special?

No one made it clear to you that we are no different from those who watch the weather. I gave you an example of what prediction is so, do not twist my response to suit your logic. Meteorologist bases their predictions on scientific facts while we based our predictions on the prophetic words in the Bible. We are eager for the day of Jehovah more than the watchmen Psalm 130:6. This system is a sinking ship and we are not a part of it. We yearn for God's kingdom and that is why Jesus' model prayer in Matthew 6 is very important to us.

U actually did make it clear dat u ain't didn't from the weather man. You said you don't claim divine inspiration but endorse mathematical and physical permutations or science like d weather man does.

Well, we do not know JP Morgan and he is not important to us more than the Bible. We are not interested in palmist, stargazers, astrologers and JP Morgan. We do not criticize your interest in them either.

D Bible warned against dem, if u claim to be an adherent to d Bible u den should criticize anyone who believes in dem

Well, we do not stop your prophets from prophesying. I heard all the prophecies that was made last year against this year. I will hear them pushed forward to 2018 tomorrow. It always gets down on the 31st of every year. We may see some of them make the front page on Nairaland in two days. Let me ask you, do you believe that these popular Pentecostal pastors in Nigeria are prophets? Okay, I have been asking of the name of one true prophet from you. Is there a true prophet in Nigeria? If yes, what is his name or what are their names? Can you mention the names of the prophets that the general Nigerian can relate to?
how are u ppl dat predicted the end of the world falsely on many occasions better than those Nigerian pastors? U are asking for names again, same way u did wen we talked about miracles but wat did u do wit d names and sources i gave to u? Did u even bother to investigate and revert ur findings back to me? Why den do u expect me to keep giving u names?

Oh, do we have minor and major prophets? List the names of the minor and the major prophets and classify them in their hierarchy. Do you consider yourself a prophet?

In case u didn't know, the books of prophets are classified into two, minor and major prophets it is just for the purpose of classification, in the Jewish torah all the books classified as minor prophets are found as a single book while the major prophets exists as individual books

Daniel 2:44 does not seem to fall in the last two chapters. Or, was it a prophecy about the things that happened in the past? Verse 45 says The Grand God has made known to the king what will happen in the FUTURE. How do you align this to your comment?
firstly before i answer you, wat is ur society take on dreams and interpretation? Do dey equal prophecy? Daniel here gave Nebuchadnezar interpretation of his dream, do u equate dat with prophecy? Was Joseph as well a prophet? Kindly answer.. Now do u care to tell us what volume of the entire book of the prophets dat talked about future occurrence? U don't even understand wat prophecy is, Moses stood and blessed Israel, that was prophecy, Moses gave them the words of God, that was prophecy. This is wat d Bible has to say about prophecy in 1cor 14:3
But the one who prophesies speaks to people for their strengthening, encouraging and comfort.
Prophecy doesn't always av to be talking about the future nd dats where u folks get it wrong

You have a lot to thank the Jehovah’s Witnesses for

Fallacy. Bible commentaries such as that of Matthew Henry has existed before the birth of the great grand father of Charles Russell.

Can you explain Revelation 12:13-15 to me? I am glad that the JW have never “claimed” to prophecy. We did not claim that Nigeria would get better. We have not claimed that the Naira would gain. We have not prophesied that any regime would bring about any change in Nigeria. We have read many who have and we will keep feigning oblivion.
after many fake prophecies or predictions, i doubt if any one whole av even taken wateva predictions u r making seriously. U guys aren't better than those pastors u talked about, so wats d difference?

What we have always preached is a message of the only kingdom that has the capacity to bring the real change that mankind desires. The only kingdom that Daniel prophesied in Daniel 2:44 that will destroy all human rulership and establish itself forever. The Kingdom that will be seated in heaven and rule all over the earth; A kingdom that will allow people to live in their natural home, the earth in peace and be undisturbed by wars, hate, blasphemy, death and suffering; The kingdom that Christ will rule for one thousand years before handing everything over to Jehovah, his father and his God; The kingdom that promises everlasting life to human on earth; The kingdom that promises resurrection to all Jehovah’s servants who have been killed in the first century and beyond, by the Nazis and by blasphemers and persecutors all over the world.
u do not believe in government but u use government currencies and facilities.. The kingdom of God is Righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.. Rom4:17
Lol
It has been a very cruel world to Jesus and to his faithful servants. Jehovah’s witnesses have endured and are still enduring a history of torture, blasphemy, being victims of organized crimes, death, insult, reviling, ban, deprivation of basic human rights, prison sentence, seizure and confiscation of properties, assault, ostracism, harassment, denial of enrolment in schools, beating etc.
Revelation 6:10 How long oh, Jehovah! How much longer?
the world has always been cruel, the Bible didn't say anything about JW. U av not withnessed half wat Christians have withnessed right from the time of the apostles how dey were burned in the stakes, u av not experienced wat the Jewish nation experienced so why do u think u r the most persecuted?
Re: Is Jesus God? by aadamarrushdiy(m): 8:15pm On Dec 30, 2017
A Brief Look at ‘Eesa (Jesus) – peace be upon him

Praise be to Allaah. 

·                 Maryam the daughter of ‘Imraan was a pious and righteous woman… She strove hard in worship until she had no peer in matters of worship… The angels gave her the glad tidings that Allaah had chosen her.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 31, 2017
Can you explain Revelation 12:13-15 to me?
Biblical reference to support our claims can be supplied by the bloggers because they are all contained in the same article. You should approach them for the full article instead of exerpts.
We are keeping in expectation of Jehovah's day and like the 5 wise virgins, we do not sleep but keep in expectation.
We believe in dreams and interpretations. Jehovah is the interpreter of dreams
If Joseph was a prophet? Wow! A prophet is one through whom divine will and purpose are made known. Joseph did what all the later prophets did when they related God’s messages and judgments to His wayward people.
Are you asking if we are better than the Pentecostal pastors? Like? We never claimed prophecy but prediction based on calculations of the prophecy in the Bible. We dwell on the Bible and judging by the events that Jesus foretold would happen in the last days.
I told you already that I checked them and I do not find them credible. I do not believe in any of their works because they are untrue and deceitful. We do not prophecy instead we dwell on the prophecies in the Bible.
So, can we go with the classification lesson of the minor and major prophets? Who classified them? Why were they classified? In what hierarchy does each prophet fall? How about the apostles of Jesus, were they prophets? In what category are they classified? If you say that the classification was done by the Jews, are you, then, a Jew? I want you to tell me the names of the major and minor Prophets and in their hierarchy. Then show me from the scriptures where they are regarded as minor or major prophets.
Look, there is no scriptural validity to regard any prophet as a minor or a major prophet. It has no biblical rooting. Calling them minor is negating the word of God. The Bible says that all scriptures are inspired by God. Jesus or he apostles never referred to any of those men as minor or major. They were simply called prophet by the scriptures. They are “only so-called” because of the length of their books. In the real sense, they were not minor and their prophecies contain some very useful information for us. Telling yourself that a major part of their works were for the people of Israel is a callous betrayal of your own faith. The Bible says that ALL scriptures is for making the man of God competent and completely equipped for every good work 2 Timothy 3:16-17. This idea of referring to the prophets as minor and major shouldn’t be a thing for you as a Christian because the length of a book does not qualify the content of the message.
I asked you if you are a prophet and you skewed, are you?
Nebuchadnezzar received a prophetic message from God and yes! It was a prophecy. What is it to you?
it is easy to tell where we got it wrong, so get it right once and for all and I won't judge you. Are you a prophetess?
Have we ever walked up to your door to preach that we are better than you? We proclaim messages about God's kingdom. That is what we do and not judge individuals. We condemn what is bad and what is not in line with the Bible doctrine. We believe that we have found the way that leads to life so if you feel intimidated by that, then we cannot help but share the message of Jehovah's kingdom with you? It is either you accept it or decline. If you believe that you have the right religion, we do not judge you for that. We live in peace and mind our businesses.
We do not believe in the government of this world because we are not a part of it. Jesus says though we are in it, we still are not a part of it John 17:14-19.
I cannot comprehend your logic behind this verse Romans 4:17. Can you explain why you quoted it?
What has your church witnessed? Tell me the persecutions that your church has witnessed. You cited the simple Tithing doctrine that not even one of your pastors could defend using the Bible. It took a man like Freeze to floor and drag your revered men. This is not persecution. None of you can face what we face. you will dump your Bible and run away.
Just type "persecution of Jehovah's witnesses" on google and see what pops up. Then Type 'persecution of Pentecostals' and compare the two.
The difference is clear. Remember these things are only under-reported. We can also go on Youtube to view videos for further references.

sorry I had to type on my pad and can't quote and unquote lol. Is a busy day for JW as you know.
Have a great day!

salvation101:
had to learn how to quote like you even wen u didn't teach me undecided
Ok, i asked for biblical references that supports ur making predictions and all you could do is tell me dis person and dat person's mistakes, are their mistakes ur basis for believing in predictions? Den why do u think u r different and special?
U actually did make it clear dat u ain't didn't from the weather man. You said you don't claim divine inspiration but endorse mathematical and physical permutations or science like d weather man does.
D Bible warned against dem, if u claim to be an adherent to d Bible u den should criticize anyone who believes in dem
how are u ppl dat predicted the end of the world falsely on many occasions better than those Nigerian pastors? U are asking for names again, same way u did wen we talked about miracles but wat did u do wit d names and sources i gave to u? Did u even bother to investigate and revert ur findings back to me? Why den do u expect me to keep giving u names?
In case u didn't know, the books of prophets are classified into two, minor and major prophets it is just for the purpose of classification, in the Jewish torah all the books classified as minor prophets are found as a single book while the major prophets exists as individual books
firstly before i answer you, wat is ur society take on dreams and interpretation? Do dey equal prophecy? Daniel here gave Nebuchadnezar interpretation of his dream, do u equate dat with prophecy? Was Joseph as well a prophet? Kindly answer.. Now do u care to tell us what volume of the entire book of the prophets dat talked about future occurrence? U don't even understand wat prophecy is, Moses stood and blessed Israel, that was prophecy, Moses gave them the words of God, that was prophecy. This is wat d Bible has to say about prophecy in 1cor 14:3
But the one who prophesies speaks to people for their strengthening, encouraging and comfort.
Prophecy doesn't always av to be talking about the future nd dats where u folks get it wrong
Fallacy. Bible commentaries such as that of Matthew Henry has existed before the birth of the great grand father of Charles Russell.
after many fake prophecies or predictions, i doubt if any one whole av even taken wateva predictions u r making seriously. U guys aren't better than those pastors u talked about, so wats d difference?
u do not believe in government but u use government currencies and facilities.. The kingdom of God is Righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.. Rom4:17
Lol
the world has always been cruel, the Bible didn't say anything about JW. U av not withnessed half wat Christians have withnessed right from the time of the apostles how dey were burned in the stakes, u av not experienced wat the Jewish nation experienced so why do u think u r the most persecuted?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 31, 2017
Respect yourself and teleport to the Muslim forum. We do not do Allah and Imraam here.
aadamarrushdiy:
A Brief Look at ‘Eesa (Jesus) – peace be upon him

Praise be to Allaah. 

·                 Maryam the daughter of ‘Imraan was a pious and righteous woman… She strove hard in worship until she had no peer in matters of worship… The angels gave her the glad tidings that Allaah had chosen her.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 31, 2017
removetheturban:
Can you explain Revelation 12:13-15 to me?
I decided to pass over this one cos my understanding on eschatology and urs can never be same..

Biblical reference to support our claims can be supplied by the bloggers because they are all contained in the same article. You should approach them for the full article instead of exerpts.
We are keeping in expectation of Jehovah's day and like the 5 wise virgins, we do not sleep but keep in expectation.
.. Can i get a link to download ur old watchtower magazines? Or dey aren't available? Am interested in digging deeper into those articles

We believe in dreams and interpretations. Jehovah is the interpreter of dreams
If Joseph was a prophet? Wow! A prophet is one through whom divine will and purpose are made known. Joseph did what all the later prophets did when they related God’s messages and judgments to His wayward people.
Lol, it was Pharoah dat dreamt, so he was a prophet too? Or Joseph Brothers who understood the interpretation of his dream dat dey were gonna worship him were prophets as well?

[/quote]Are you asking if we are better than the Pentecostal pastors? Like? We never claimed prophecy but prediction based on calculations of the prophecy in the Bible. We dwell on the Bible and judging by the events that Jesus foretold would happen in the last days.[/quote]

Biblical basis for predictions u can't give, since ur watchtower society prophecy failed dey had to convince you dat it was mere predictions.. grin. Wateva u call it, ur society failed woefully at it repeatedly, u ain't different from those pastors u talked about.
Just like dey had to look for medical reasons to still accept blood fractions but reject d blood itself.

I told you already that I checked them and I do not find them credible. I do not believe in any of their works because they are untrue and deceitful. We do not prophecy instead we dwell on the prophecies in the Bible.

dats a lie, nd u know it. U didn't check pete Cabrera videos or Sid Roths. Dey ain't credible? U did background checks on persons sid roth interviewed nd found out dey weren't credible? Evidence please.
I understand ur society must av warned u not to see such videos, dey must av told u alot of scary tales, dats because dey av something to hide

So, can we go with the classification lesson of the minor and major prophets? Who classified them? Why were they classified? In what hierarchy does each prophet fall? How about the apostles of Jesus, were they prophets? In what category are they classified? If you say that the classification was done by the Jews, are you, then, a Jew? I want you to tell me the names of the major and minor Prophets and in their hierarchy. Then show me from the scriptures where they are regarded as minor or major prophets.

As usual since you don't know what to say u major on minor inference.. Those who classified the prophetic books didn't say they were minor in d sense of their prophetic power but cos of the volume of their books. Like i said, the books are found as a single book in the Jewish Torah. Now again u r asking if i am a jew, why den are u also having the Jewish Torah in ur Bible? Who where those who kept the oracles of God?

Look, there is no scriptural validity to regard any prophet as a minor or a major prophet. It has no biblical rooting. Calling them minor is negating the word of God. The Bible says that all scriptures are inspired by God. Jesus or he apostles never referred to any of those men as minor or major. They were simply called prophet by the scriptures. They are “only so-called” because of the length of their books. In the real sense, they were not minor and their prophecies contain some very useful information for us. Telling yourself that a major part of their works were for the people of Israel is a callous betrayal of your own faith. The Bible says that ALL scriptures is for making the man of God competent and completely equipped for every good work 2 Timothy 3:16-17. This idea of referring to the prophets as minor and major shouldn’t be a thing for you as a Christian because the length of a book does not qualify the content of the message.

So u even knew about d classification and you were wasting ur energy initially, Why don't you prove me wrong with facts and figures instead of empty sentiments. And how does it deny my faith wen i know i am the Israel of God in Christ? Gal6:16. Facts don't lie, tell me the volume of their works that was futuristic or accept u just leart something new. Watchtower society has taught u dat prophecies has to be futuristic, its a lie, dey lied to you.. I am not a puppet, i reason logically. Calling d book a minor prophet doesn't take away my faith in the content and inspiration. I will still refer to it as major and minor for classification purpose only so deal with it. U r not even a Christian so why do u think u can advise me on how to live like a Christian? Last i checked, u r a withness not a Christian

I asked you if you are a prophet and you skewed, are you?
I just ignored earlier cos i knew u were ignorant of the 5 fold ministry in the church of christ.. My ministry falls in another category wch is not prophetic and i abide in my calling.. I am not a prophet

Nebuchadnezzar received a prophetic message from God and yes! It was a prophecy. What is it to you?
So in ur opinion, Nebuchadnezar was a prophet, pharaoh too was, u believe nebu could be a prophet but u don't believe a believer in Christ can be a prophet, issorait

it is easy to tell where we got it wrong, so get it right once and for all and I won't judge you. Are you a prophetess?

I answered ur question already

Have we ever walked up to your door to preach that we are better than you? We proclaim messages about God's kingdom. That is what we do and not judge individuals. We condemn what is bad and what is not in line with the Bible doctrine. We believe that we have found the way that leads to life so if you feel intimidated by that, then we cannot help but share the message of Jehovah's kingdom with you? It is either you accept it or decline. If you believe that you have the right religion, we do not judge you for that. We live in peace and mind our businesses.

U do not judge others but u claim dey are babylon d great, reconcile dat... So u ain't better than babylon d great... cry

We do not believe in the government of this world because we are not a part of it. Jesus says though we are in it, we still are not a part of it John 17:14-19.

You do not believe in government of this world but u spend government approved currency, u use government facilities.. Issorait

I cannot comprehend your logic behind this verse Romans 4:17. Can you explain why you quoted it?

What has your church witnessed? Tell me the persecutions that your church has witnessed. You cited the simple Tithing doctrine that not even one of your pastors could defend using the Bible. It took a man like Freeze to floor and drag your revered men. This is not persecution. None of you can face what we face. you will dump your Bible and run away.
Just type "persecution of Jehovah's witnesses" on google and see what pops up. Then Type 'persecution of Pentecostals' and compare the two.
The difference is clear. Remember these things are only under-reported. We can also go on Youtube to view videos for further references.

Lol, who is Freeze? Guess he is one of you. We don't know him, we don't listen to him, he is inconsequential in the scheme of things.The most junior pastor in my church is too busy to reply him. Tell me how many Jws died in the northerner Nigerian crises, how many times boko haram entered ur gathering and opened fire on u folks. If i talk u will say i am reviling. Tell me the persecution u av faced in this country. Why do u build ur kingdom in Southern Nigeria? Go to northern Nigeria where the word is needed most. Christians are building new churches there daily ,am happy to see my tithe being used to further the work of God is these hot areas where jws dread u can keep hiding in edo state nd other southern states building ur so called kingdom.

sorry I had to type on my pad and can't quote and unquote lol. Is a busy day for JW as you know.
Have a great day!
No problem
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 6:15pm On Dec 31, 2017
hadow:

The trinity are 3 distinct personalities that coexist. 1john 5:7
Kindly clarify
coexist as One God ?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 6:20pm On Dec 31, 2017
solite3:
@bold where was it written that Jesus was given the image of God?

Col 1 vs 15 Jesus is the. image of the invisible. God .

" OF " shows belonging to ... who? the invisible God .

now come and tell me Jesus is that invisible God grin
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 6:22pm On Dec 31, 2017
solite3:
do you even know the meaning of context?

they have same ruach , Yes or no ? case closed

Educate yourself by checking the footnote of NIV where it was indicated that breath in that verse also mean Spirit.
Re: Is Jesus God? by hadow(m): 9:21pm On Dec 31, 2017
Peacefullove:

Kindly clarify
coexist as One God ?
yes

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (70) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Leads RCCG Protest Against Insecurity In Nigeria (Video, Photos) / Pastor James Ng'ang'a Arrested For Exposing A Woman's Breast During Deliverance / Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 243
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.