Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,133 members, 7,821,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical (46660 Views)

Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" / "It Pays To Pay Your Tithe" - D'banj Stands With The "Sheeple" / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 10:10am On Nov 08, 2017
BERNIMOORE:

God commanded Tithe for sons of jacob(isreal) and not you....you need to establish how you are connected with the isrealites.no pastor or G.O Today has the legitimate right to receive tithe unto the lord
Levites are sons of jacob

Malachi 3:6
“For I am the Lord, I do not change;
Therefore you are not consumed, [b]O sons of Jacob
Yet from the days of your fathers
You have gone away from My ordinances
And have not kept them.

levites sons of jacob have 'a commandment a written order' to legitimately receive tithe. pls read the same verse of the hebrew you quoted;

Hebrews 7
5 And indeed those who are of the sons of Levi, who receive the priesthood, have a commandment to receive tithes from the people according to the law, that is, from their brethren, though they have come from the loins of Abraham
Now i have faced a redeem church resident pastor with this he said that 'pastors today are representing the tribe of Levites' then i show him this verse below and ask a qustion, pls read before i ask;

14[i] For it is evident that our Lord arose from Judah, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood [/i]
the question is ''if God wants to validate tithe arrangement and todays pastors are representing 'levites' WHY IS THE CHIEF PRIEST 'JESUS OUR LORD AROSE 'NOT FROM TRIBE OF LEVI' BUT FROM JUDAH....tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood? remember that Aron the chief priest is a levite (go and read about bible priesthood arrangement)

But before you answer me let me point this out
Hebrew 7: 12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. 13 For He of whom these things are spoken belongs to another tribe, from which no man has officiated at the altar.

so todays pastors have no legitimate right to receive tithe unto the lord if they do it 'NA OVERSABI'

1peter 2vs 9
[b]But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Every one of us in the Christiandom are priests. The pastors receive tithes because they represent the lévites of Judaism. Pastoral work is full time. Fake Pastor or genuine Pastor, they work full time. So just as the lévites are given land and tithes, the pastors are given tithes and offerings.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by Gggg102(m): 10:10am On Nov 08, 2017
hardasan:

And yes, Jesus placed priority on inner purity. But he didn't condemn tithe

I never said he condemned tithe
I'm only against compulsion of paying of the 10%. I've said it before.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by Gggg102(m): 10:14am On Nov 08, 2017
hardasan:

Faith without works is dead. No man can see God by works alone.
The law still stands but grace covers it so much that we almost don't feel it again.

Some laws can't be practiced and I'll tell u why;
1. Slavery doesn't exist anymore
2. Nobody keeps cows and the like at home anymore
3. Fashion has changed from what it used to be.
4. The structure of the church has changed.
5. The mode of worship has changed in ways like using the blood/name of Jesus for forgiveness of sins, healing, casting out demons, praying to God, etc
6. Ability to pray from anywhere not just from the temple.
7. Freedom to eat what was once forbidden.
8. Ability to stand in the presence of God 24/7. Before, menstruation defiled women and anyone who touches her, sex defiled, dirty clothes defiled, not being full blooded jew from your 3rd or 5th ancestral line (from your parents upwards) defiled, sicknesses defiled, deformity defiled, miscarriage defiled, wrong hairstyle defiled etc but grace and the blood of Jesus has changed all that.
9. Blood sacrifice is now forbidden so we don't keep the feast of the passover, but we keep the Lord's supper.
10. Compulsory observation of holy days and celibacy has been stopped.

If I remember any more, I'll add. All these laws were stopped by Jesus and (or) the apostles in the new testament.

So we don't practice them. Anything else that they didn't condemn is lawful and biblical.

The bible says : Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound ? God forbid.
What is sin ? Sin is disobedience to the word of God. The law is part of the word of God.

If Jesus and the blood of Jesus has covered us from 80% of the law, do we sweep away the remaining 20% to meet their brothers that are covered ? The bible says God forbid.
Any law not condemned still stands.

but some churches still use some of your points
e.g if fashion has changed why do some churches criticize women for wearing trousers

+paying of 10% is different from tithing

1 Like

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 10:35am On Nov 08, 2017
Gggg102:

I never said he condemned tithe
I'm only against compulsion of paying of the 10%. I've said it before.

I have also said Pastors shouldn't force anybody to pay.
I guess we are saying the same thing but from different angles.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 10:44am On Nov 08, 2017
Gggg102:

but some churches still use some of your points
e.g if fashion has changed why do some churches criticize women for wearing trousers

+paying of 10% is different from tithing

My understanding of trousers is that it usually has a seductive look on the woman and it's not suitable in cases where there's no toilet or such. I have nothing against leggings or trousers under bigger clothes. Well as God reveals to you.
How is 10% different from tithe ?
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by Gggg102(m): 11:00am On Nov 08, 2017
hardasan:

My understanding of trousers is that it usually has a seductive look on the woman and it's not suitable in cases where there's no toilet or such. I have nothing against leggings or trousers under bigger clothes. Well as God reveals to you.
How is 10% different from tithe ?

tithe is agricultural produce given to Levite's for their upkeep or shared with family and needy as a feast

the 10% being given today is money for expansion of mission and for projects in the church.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 12:46pm On Nov 08, 2017
Gggg102:

tithe is agricultural produce given to Levite's for their upkeep or shared with family and needy as a feast

the 10% being given today is money for expansion of mission and for projects in the church.

How about when you give tithe of agricultural produce to your pastor who autions. It and then uses the money to build the church ?
In the same vein, you pay 10% cash to the church and it is used to buy food for the known widows, orphans and less privileged iin the church.

I don't care which ever form you give, just be rest assured that you are a tither then leave your pastor to God.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by BERNIMOORE: 3:04pm On Nov 08, 2017
hardasan:

1peter 2vs 9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Every one of us in the Christiandom are priests
can you see your mis-interpretation? lets see a parallel bible verse that says the same thing to the nation of isrealite yet 'not all are priest'

Exodus 19:6
and you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.' These are the words that you shall speak to the sons of Israel."
hebrew 7
13 For He of whom these things are spoken belongs to another tribe, from which no man has officiated at the altar.

14 For it is evident that our Lord arose from Judah, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood

can you first reverse your erroneous assertion that 'every christians are priest?

pastors receive tithes because they represent the lévites

of Judaism
so if pastors represent levites priest and their chief priest is (jesus) is represents tribe of judah a tribe from which no man has officiated at the altar and not a priesthood tribe is that not confusing?

2 Likes

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by saintmark88(m): 3:17pm On Nov 08, 2017
hardasan:

The OT is not there to tell us cock and bull stories or to make the bible more voluminous. The OT is not just the law. The OT is an important part of Christianity.
Christianity is Judaism plus Grace. Does grace nullify the law? No.
The bible said: "Shall we now continue in sin that grace may abound ? God forbid "
Grace came to help us to be holy, grace didn't wipe away the law. What is sin / iniquity ? Disobedience to the law. Jesus said: Go and sin no more. Not go and live as you wish, my grace is there for you.

Jesus and the apostles quoted the OT when preaching. Jesus would say: that it may be fulfilled which was written

Since the OT didn't matter, why did he care about the prophecies in it.
Moses law says an eye for an eye and promotes self righteousness. Jesus says go and sin no more, forgive and the righteousness of God because self righteousness alone can't enter heaven.
The early Christians were Jews who first believed that Jesus is the son of God and began to live according to his teachings of love, holy spirit, singleness of mind, modesty, humility etc. People said: these people are Christ-like and so the word Christian was born.

Some laws can't be practiced and I'll tell u why;
1. Slavery doesn't exist anymore
2. Nobody keeps cows and the like at home anymore
3. Fashion has changed from what it used to be.
4. The structure of the church has changed.
5. The mode of worship has changed in ways like using the blood/name of Jesus for forgiveness of sins, healing, casting out demons, praying to God, etc
6. Ability to pray from anywhere not just from the temple.
7. Freedom to eat what was once forbidden.
8. Ability to stand in the presence of God 24/7. Before, menstruation defiled women and anyone who touches her, sex defiled, dirty clothes defiled, not being full blooded jew from your 3rd or 5th ancestral line (from your parents upwards) defiled, sicknesses defiled, deformity defiled, miscarriage defiled, wrong hairstyle defiled etc but grace and the blood of Jesus has changed all that.
9. Blood sacrifice is now forbidden so we don't keep the feast of the passover, but we keep the Lord's supper.
10. Compulsory observation of holy days and celibacy has been stopped.

If I remember any more, I'll add. All these laws were stopped by Jesus and (or) the apostles in the new testament.

So we don't practice them. Anything else that they didn't condemn is lawful and biblical.

I believe u can make ur point without writing a textbook....like I said the laws and commandments have been summarized in the new testament by Christ himself....

Christainity is Judaism with grace??....where did u get that??....pls show me were u got that in d bible.

Romans (Romans 13:8-10)
Brethren: Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbour has fulfilled the law. This is most important, loving ur neighbour, not paying tithe.

I wonder y u keep tryna refer to d laws in the old testament wen u have it summarized and explained better in the new.

U cannot defend a stupid idea and still appear intelligent

6 Likes

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 7:38pm On Nov 08, 2017
saintmark88:

I believe u can make ur point without writing a textbook....like I said the laws and commandments have been summarized in the new testament by Christ himself....

Christainity is Judaism with grace??....where did u get that??....pls show me were u got that in d bible.

Romans (Romans 13:8-10)
Brethren: Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbour has fulfilled the law. This is most important, loving ur neighbour, not paying tithe.

I wonder y u keep tryna refer to d laws in the old testament wen u have it summarized and explained better in the new.

U cannot defend a stupid idea and still appear intelligent

I can't open your eyes of understanding. Neither will I continue to receive your insults and name calling. I'm here to debate with matured and cultured minds not to receive insults. If you don't understand the stuff written in the past 2 pages, nothing I say now will make a difference. I have answered all your questions in my past posts. If you cant read them, please do as you deem fit.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 7:41pm On Nov 08, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
can you see your mis-interpretation? lets see a parallel bible verse that says the same thing to the nation of isrealite yet 'not all are priest'

Exodus 19:6
and you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.' These are the words that you shall speak to the sons of Israel."

13 For He of whom these things are spoken belongs to another tribe, from which no man has officiated at the altar.

14 For it is evident that our Lord arose from Judah, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood

can you first reverse your erroneous assertion that 'every christians are priest?

pastors receive tithes because they represent the lévites

of Judaism
so if pastors represent levites priest and their chief priest is (jesus) is represents tribe of judah a tribe from which no man has officiated at the altar and not a priesthood tribe is that not confusing?

You were once a christian. I'm not here to argue Jesus. Neither will I reply your mentions anymore.
Kind regards.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by saintmark88(m): 8:28pm On Nov 08, 2017
hardasan:

I can't open your eyes of understanding. Neither will I continue to receive your insults and name calling. I'm here to debate with matured and cultured minds not to receive insults. If you don't understand the stuff written in the past 2 pages, nothing I say now will make a difference. I have answered all your questions in my past posts. If you cant read them, please do as you deem fit.

Very sorry if u feel insulted.....not my intension. We r all christains we need not fight one another.... Shalom
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by saintmark88(m): 8:46pm On Nov 08, 2017
hardasan:

1peter 2vs 9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Every one of us in the Christiandom are priests. The pastors receive tithes because they represent the lévites of Judaism. Pastoral work is full time. Fake Pastor or genuine Pastor, they work full time. So just as the lévites are given land and tithes, the pastors are given tithes and offerings.

Why should pastors work be full time, Paul had a job, was a tent maker.....

2 Likes

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 10:22pm On Nov 08, 2017
saintmark88:

Why should pastors work be full time, Paul had a job, was a tent maker.....
Lol.
That was Apostle Paul's personal decision just as he decided to be celibate on his own. Most of the Apostles were full time ministers.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 10:22pm On Nov 08, 2017
saintmark88:

Very sorry if u feel insulted.....not my intension. We r all christains we need not fight one another.... Shalom
No wahala
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by BERNIMOORE: 11:18pm On Nov 08, 2017
hardasan:

You were once a christian. I'm not here to argue Jesus. Neither will I reply your mentions anymore.
Kind regards.
like Adeboye you finally crawled into your mysterious Shell having met Superior argument, I will always be a Christian thanks

1 Like

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by petra1(m): 6:55am On Nov 09, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Sorry to differ with you.
But the giving of monetary offerings to the church as tithe is wrong, it is unbiblical and purely exploitative.

Money was giving for offerings and tithe in the Bible . It's optional . You could give in cash and kind. For example God didn't accept unclean animals as offering and tithe . Such as Dog, horse ,Carmel ,pigs etc , anyone who sells such usually give money . It was called redemption . You can redeem it with cash means giving money value as offering and tithes . It's called redemption

Leviticus 27:31
31 And if a man wants to redeem any of his tithe, he shall add a fifth to it.

Leviticus 27:27
And if it be of an unclean beast, then he shall redeem it according to thine estimation, and shall add a fifth part of it thereto: or if it be not redeemed, then it shall be sold according to thy estimation.

1 Like

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by BERNIMOORE: 9:55am On Nov 09, 2017
petra1:

Money was giving for offerings and tithe in the Bible . It's optional . You could give in cash and kind. For example God didn't accept unclean animals as offering and tithe . Such as Dog, horse ,Carmel ,pigs etc , anyone who sells such usually give money . It was called redemption . You can redeem it with cash means giving money value as offering and tithes . It's called redemption

Leviticus 27:31
31 And if a man wants to redeem any of his tithe, he shall add a fifth to it.

Leviticus 27:27
And if it be of an unclean beast, then he shall redeem it according to thine estimation, and shall add a fifth part of it thereto: or if it be not redeemed, then it shall be sold according to thy estimation.

Obviously leviticus 27:31 you quoted did not mention money! Malachi 3:10 did NOT MENTION MONEY too! pls read;
Bring you all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in my house

Money was NEVER GIVEN as a tithe, no one gave money as a tithe in the OT can you mention anyone or any instance that money was used for tithe in the OT? PLS ANSWER THAT

My next comment is to explain why God demands Animals and produce for Tithe
The reason animals and grain were brought into the temple, were as an offering for sin.
Israel as a nation, quite obviously, did not have the blood of Jesus Christ! We as Christians know that jesus sacrificial death is our sin offering. Yet, most Christians are told to make "offerings" to their church.

What we seem oblivious to is that the purpose of tithe was that it was a sin offering, in the time before Christ went to the cross and made the final, "better" sin offering

We seem oblivious to the fact that the new covenant clearly tells us not to make sin offerings...

Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

and that the priesthood is changed....

Heb 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

2 Likes

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 7:27am On Nov 10, 2017
I will not reply mentions that are arguing about Jesus indirectly. I avoid such arguments because it's easy to blaspheme in such arguments. If you are ready to talk on priests and pastors and only quote what Jesus said, I'm happy to debate
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 7:36am On Nov 10, 2017
BERNIMOORE:

Obviously leviticus 27:31 you quoted did not mention money! Malachi 3:10 did NOT MENTION MONEY too! pls read;
Bring you all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in my house

Money was NEVER GIVEN as a tithe, no one gave money as a tithe in the OT can you mention anyone or any instance that money was used for tithe in the OT? PLS ANSWER THAT

Food and grains wasn't the only tithe paid ;
Here is proof :

Gen ch 14 verse 18-20

Ces la même chose mon chéri monsieur
Tithe is the tenth part of your increase which is also profit. It can be currency or corn and wine.
Levites had no land inheritance means that their tribe didn't get land as they are the priests so that they can dwell among the other tribes and carry out their priestly duties from a close range.

Tithes paid to the priests weren't only for their upkeep. See the following verses:
Gen 14 vs 18 -20

18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.

19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:

20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

Here, Abraham was returning from the slaughter of Kings and he met the priest and paid tithes of all he got from the "kings" he defeated. He didn't eat it and invite the priest. Do you know how much he must have paid in Gold alone ? Talkless of chariots, expensive raiment, silver etc.
The bible expressly said that he gave the tithes of all.
Now do you know that Melchizedek wasn't a levite ? Cus Levi was a descendant of Abraham yet Abraham gave him his tithe. So likewise, Pastors represent Priests and should receive the tithes whether they are Levites or not.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 7:57am On Nov 10, 2017
BERNIMOORE:

My next comment is to explain why God demands Animals and produce for Tithe
The reason animals and grain were brought into the temple, were as an offering for sin.
Israel as a nation, quite obviously, did not have the blood of Jesus Christ! We as Christians know that jesus sacrificial death is our sin offering. Yet, most Christians are told to make "offerings" to their church.

What we seem oblivious to is that the purpose of tithe was that it was a sin offering, in the time before Christ went to the cross and made the final, "better" sin offering

We seem oblivious to the fact that the new covenant clearly tells us not to make sin offerings...

Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

and that the priesthood is changed....

Heb 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Then the bible talks about tithe, it mentioned tithes. When the bible talks about offering, it mentioned it.
I can remember peace offerings, and burnt offerings being used severally. The Jews offer burnt offerings randomly for eg when they want to ask for something, thank God or for their sins but they still pay their tithes.

The law has been changed or amended by Jesus and his disciples, anything else that they didn't condemn is lawful and biblical.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by BERNIMOORE: 12:52pm On Nov 10, 2017
hardasan:

Here is proof :

Gen ch 14 verse 18-20

Tithe is the tenth part of your increase which is also profit. It can be currency or corn and wine.
bolded above ''currency'' you fail to support why no currency was mention there yet you ''forcefully added currency''

Tithes paid to the priests weren't only for their upkeep. See the following verses:
Gen 14 vs 18 -20

18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.

19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:

20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

Here, Abraham was returning from the slaughter of Kings and he met the priest and paid tithes of all he got from the "kings" he defeated
You seem not to understand this passage, let me help you;
(W) Fought (X) and (X) was defeated, (Y) too were Captured Alongside (X) with Thier possesions by (W). (Z) Heard of the incidence and rescued (X) and (Y) together From (W) with their possesions. (Z) Now gave 1/10TH of X and Y's possesion to Z1.

Apply the variables Above to Genesis 14 and get the detailed gist. lets go;

Genesis 14:8-12 The kings of Sodom and Gomorrah (Plus their allies)**(W).... fought a battle against king Chedorlaomer king of Elam (plus his allies)*(X). Chedorlaomer king of Elam and his allies **(X) won the battle and took all the food supply and other goods (spoils)from Sodom. plus Abram's nephew (Lot), and his possessions **(Y) and departed, for lot **(Y) was living in Sodom.

Genesis 14:9-17 The incident was reported to Abram **(Z) and he took 318 of his trained servants and defeated Chedorlaomer king of Elam **(X). Then Abram**(Z) recovered back all the goods, and also brought back his relative Lot **(Y) with his possessions, and also the women, and the people.

Genesis 14:18-20 After his return from the defeat of Chedorlaomer, Abram was met by Melchizedek king of Salem**(Z1) and a Canaanite priest of God Most High, refreshing them with bread and wine and he blessed Abram **(Z). The blessing was given to Abram**(Z),

A very important fact to remember. In response, Abram gave ONE-TENTH (10%) of all the goods of Sodom that were stolen by Chedorlaomer to Melchizedek. Abram did NOT tithe from his own possessions, YOU ADMITTED THAT TITHE IS FROM INCREASE
Tithe is the tenth part of your increase which is also profit.
Now are you justifying Christians paying 10% of goods and money they do not own?
Even worse, paying tithes this way means they have to find someone who has been robbed and recover the stolen goods. For example, if bag filled with money was stolen, the tithing Christian must first return the stolen goods to the rightful owner, who must not be a Christian, (in keeping true to the symbolism of Abram and Melchizedek) and then use 10% of the recovered goods as a tithe to the church.
This is ridiculous absurd example and it ought to be ample proof for rejecting this false doctrine of church tithing.

Genesis 14:21-24 The king of Sodom who was rescued with his possesion by Abram offered to give Abram all the goods of Sodom that were recovered, but Abram refused, taking not one single item, to give honor to God, lest people say this pagan king of Sodom made him rich

Bible expressly said that he gave the tithes of all
OF ALL WHAT? 1/10 of Lot’s POSSESION THAT WAS recovered (NOT INCREASE)and 1/10 of king of Sodom POSSESION THAT WAS recovered, After giving back possesions to 'the captured Lot and King of Sodom He did not even take anything for Himself!
Now do you know that Melchizedek wasn't a levite ? Cus Levi was a descendant of Abraham yet Abraham gave him his tithe
Abraham did NOT[b] give his [/b]Tithe!, But rather Abraham 'gave a tenth' On behalf of his RESCUED nephew ''Lot'' and ''king of sodom''[/b] to the priest AND king Melchizedek.

So likewise, Pastors represent Priests and should receive the tithes whether they are Levites or not
This is the most ribcracking comment borne-out of curiosity to justify stealing by pastors(i cant help but laughing hard) anyway grin grin grin grin grin if pastors represent priest melchizedeck, then they should only be limited to the payment of stolen monies recovered! only if (melchizedeck abraham situation is to be followed as precedence) so how do you see that? paying 10% of goods and money they do not own! grin grin Christian must first return the stolen goods to the rightful owner or the Authority and it will be very wrong to tithe from stolen goods! That is what Abraham did, and return possesions to the owners after he'd gave 1/10th to the Authority the king Melchizedech

Are we clear Now that Abraham DID not tithe his possesion as you claim?
The problem we have in this country is the laziness to read and confirm things we believe, but rather people swallow pastors heresies wholesale and they will choose to be adamant with it.

7 Likes

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by BERNIMOORE: 1:14pm On Nov 10, 2017
hardasan:

Then the bible talks about tithe, it mentioned tithes. When the bible talks about offering, it mentioned it.
I can remember peace offerings, and burnt offerings being used severally. The Jews offer burnt offerings randomly for eg when they want to ask for something, thank God or for their sins but they still pay their tithes.

The law has been changed or amended by Jesus and his disciples, anything else that they didn't condemn is lawful and biblical.

Again why God demands Animals and produce for Tithe.

What we seem oblivious to is that the purpose of tithe was that it was a sin offering, in the time before Christ went to the cross and made the final, "better" sin offering.

Heb 10:18
Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
Hebrews 7:27
''who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people’s, for this He did ONCE for all when He offered up Himself''.

finally it was after jesus death that Tithing relevance ceased because tithing mainly of foods and animals for sin offering was done once for us by christ when he offer himself uf as our sacrifice on a turture stake jesus did not neccesarily tell pharisees in Mathew 23 23 to discontinue but rather he knew that his death AUTHOMATCALLY ends tithing.

2 Likes

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by petra1(m): 1:41pm On Nov 10, 2017
hardasan:

Excellent ! God bless you sister

1 Like

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by petra1(m): 1:54pm On Nov 10, 2017
hardasan:

Here is proof :

Gen ch 14 verse 18-20

Tithe is the tenth part of your increase which is also profit. It can be currency or corn and wine

BERNIMOORE:

bolded above ''currency'' you fail to support why no currency was mention there yet you ''forcefully added currency

Anything and everything was given and could be given as offering or tithes including money . Except of course what God specifically would not accept such as unclean animals . And for such the traders of such give money value .People do sell and give from the income or money value of their sale .

Luke 18:12 (AMPC)
12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I gain.

Luke 18:12 (NLT)
12 I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income.’

Luke 18:12 (TLB)
12 I go without food twice a week, and I give to God a tenth of everything I earn.'

1 Like

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 3:22pm On Nov 10, 2017
BERNIMOORE:

Again why God demands Animals and produce for Tithe.

What we seem oblivious to is that the purpose of tithe was that it was a sin offering, in the time before Christ went to the cross and made the final, "better" sin offering.

Heb 10:18
Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
Hebrews 7:27
''who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people’s, for this He did ONCE for all when He offered up Himself''.

finally it was after jesus death that Tithing relevance ceased because tithing mainly of foods and animals for sin offering was done once for us by christ when he offer himself uf as our sacrifice on a turture stake jesus did not neccesarily tell pharisees in Mathew 23 23 to discontinue but rather he knew that his death AUTHOMATCALLY ends tithing.

Thank God you admitted that Jesus didn't condemn tithes. Thank God you admit that Jesus died for our sin, not for our tithes.

Tithe wasn't paid for remission of sins.
Burnt offerings ended with the death of Jesus on the cross.

Heb ch 9 vs 22

And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

This means that the Jews didn't tithe for their sins, they offered animal sacrifices.

Malachi ch 3 vs 11 says:
And I will rebuke the devourer for your sake; and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground

God didn't say pay your tithe and I will forgive your sins, but he will rebuke the devourer from your land.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 3:45pm On Nov 10, 2017
BERNIMOORE:

Apply the variables Above to Genesis 14 and get the detailed gist. lets go;

Genesis 14:8-12 The kings of Sodom and Gomorrah (Plus their allies)**(W).... fought a battle against king Chedorlaomer king of Elam (plus his allies)*(X). Chedorlaomer king of Elam and his allies **(X) won the battle and took all the food supply and other goods (spoils)from Sodom. plus Abram's nephew (Lot), and his possessions **(Y) and departed, for lot **(Y) was living in Sodom.

Genesis 14:9-17 The incident was reported to Abram **(Z) and he took 318 of his trained servants and defeated Chedorlaomer king of Elam **(X). Then Abram**(Z) recovered back all the goods, and also brought back his relative Lot **(Y) with his possessions, and also the women, and the people.

Genesis 14:18-20 After his return from the defeat of Chedorlaomer, Abram was met by Melchizedek king of Salem**(Z1) and a Canaanite priest of God Most High, refreshing them with bread and wine and he blessed Abram **(Z). The blessing was given to Abram**(Z),

A very important fact to remember. In response, Abram gave ONE-TENTH (10%) of all the goods of Sodom that were stolen by Chedorlaomer to Melchizedek. Abram did NOT tithe from his own possessions, YOU ADMITTED THAT TITHE IS FROM INCREASE

Now are you justifying Christians paying 10% of goods and money they do not own?
Even worse, paying tithes this way means they have to find someone who has been robbed and recover the stolen goods. For example, if bag filled with money was stolen, the tithing Christian must first return the stolen goods to the rightful owner, who must not be a Christian, (in keeping true to the symbolism of Abram and Melchizedek) and then use 10% of the recovered goods as a tithe to the church.
This is ridiculous absurd example and it ought to be ample proof for rejecting this false doctrine of church tithing.

Genesis 14:21-24 The king of Sodom who was rescued with his possesion by Abram offered to give Abram all the goods of Sodom that were recovered, but Abram refused, taking not one single item, to give honor to God, lest people say this pagan king of Sodom made him rich

OF ALL WHAT? 1/10 of Lot’s POSSESION THAT WAS recovered (NOT INCREASE)and 1/10 of king of Sodom POSSESION THAT WAS recovered, After giving back possesions to 'the captured Lot and King of Sodom He did not even take anything for Himself!
Abraham did NOT[b] give his [/b]Tithe!, But rather Abraham 'gave a tenth' On behalf of his RESCUED nephew ''Lot'' and ''king of sodom''[/b] to the priest AND king Melchizedek.

This is the most ribcracking comment borne-out of curiosity to justify stealing by pastors(i cant help but laughing hard) anyway grin grin grin grin grin if pastors represent priest melchizedeck, then they should only be limited to the payment of stolen monies recovered! only if (melchizedeck abraham situation is to be followed as precedence) so how do you see that? paying 10% of goods and money they do not own! grin grin Christian must first return the stolen goods to the rightful owner or the Authority and it will be very wrong to tithe from stolen goods! That is what Abraham did, and return possesions to the owners after he'd gave 1/10th to the Authority the king Melchizedech

Are we clear Now that Abraham DID not tithe his possesion as you claim?
The problem we have in this country is the laziness to read and confirm things we believe, but rather people swallow pastors heresies wholesale and they will choose to be adamant with it.

Genesis ch 28 vs 20 - 22

And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on,

21 So that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the Lord be my God:

22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

Here Jacob vowed to pay tithe of all God will bless him with if God gives him peace.

Then in the instance of Abraham :
Genesis 14 vs 16 - 18

14 And when Abram heard that his brother was taken captive, he armed his trained servants, born in his own house, three hundred and eighteen, and pursued them unto Dan.

15 And he divided himself against them, he and his servants, by night, and smote them, and pursued them unto Hobah, which is on the left hand of Damascus.

16 And he brought back all the goods, and also brought again his brother Lot, and his goods, and the women also, and the people.

Genesis 14 vs 20
20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand.
And he gave him tithes of all.

Abraham paid tithes of what he brought back. Simple.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by BERNIMOORE: 12:54pm On Nov 11, 2017
petra1:

Anything and everything was given and could be given as offering or tithes including money . Except of course what God specifically would not accept such as unclean animals . And for such the traders of such give money value .People do sell and give from the income or money value of their sale .

Luke 18:12 (AMPC)
12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I gain.

Luke 18:12 (NLT)
12 I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income.’

Luke 18:12 (TLB)
12 I go without food twice a week, and I give to God a tenth of everything I earn.'
you are hard pressed seaching everywhere for evidence 'where currency or money was used to pay tithe but Nowhere. Now you switch to using a fictitious parable made up by jesus and you ended up being a loser because the man that said ''i tithe all that i gain''(luke 18:12) was actually condemned by jesus, moreover the story was not a true life story,

Definition of parable

specifically :a usually short fictitious(Fictitious means made up, or imaginaryhttps://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/fictitious) story that illustrates a moral attitude or a religious principle
[size=6pt] 9 Also He spoke this
parable[/b] to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one [b]a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ 13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other

can you see that all your evidencies to support tithe cannot be sustained because i with expose them grin grin grin
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by petra1(m): 1:04pm On Nov 11, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
you are hard pressed seaching everywhere for evidence 'where currency or money was used to pay tithe but Nowhere. Now you switch to using a fictitious parable made up by jesus and you ended up being a loser because the man that said ''i tithe all that i gain''(luke 18:12) was actually condemned by jesus, moreover the story was not a true life story,

Definition of parable

specifically :a usually short fictitious(Fictitious means made up, or imaginaryhttps://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/fictitious) story that illustrates a moral attitude or a religious principle
[size=6pt] 9 Also He spoke this
parable[/b] to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one [b]a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ 13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other

can you see that all your evidencies to support tithe cannot be sustained because i with expose them grin grin grin

My post is explanatory
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by BERNIMOORE: 1:04pm On Nov 11, 2017
hardasan:

Genesis ch 28 vs 20 - 22

And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on,

21 So that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the Lord be my God:

22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

Here Jacob vowed to pay tithe of all God will bless him with if God gives him peace.

Then in the instance of Abraham :
Genesis 14 vs 16 - 18

14 And when Abram heard that his brother was taken captive, he armed his trained servants, born in his own house, three hundred and eighteen, and pursued them unto Dan.

15 And he divided himself against them, he and his servants, by night, and smote them, and pursued them unto Hobah, which is on the left hand of Damascus.

16 And he brought back all the goods, and also brought again his brother Lot, and his goods, and the women also, and the people.

Genesis 14 vs 20
20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand.
And he gave him tithes of all.

Abraham paid tithes of what he brought back. Simple.
can you be honest for once? what Abraham 'gave a tenth' was it his own possesion?affirmatively NO! now,can you tithe whats not your possesion pls answer that

Deut. 14:22 Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.

1 Like

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by BERNIMOORE: 1:08pm On Nov 11, 2017
petra1:

My post is explanatory

how? was the story a true life story? no
so you dont have a point. grin

2 Likes

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by petra1(m): 1:10pm On Nov 11, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
how? was the story a true life story? no
so you dont have a point. grin

Tithe is given of all .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson / Fulani Women In Hijab Join Lord's Chosen Members For Crusade In Kwara. Photos / Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.