Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,877 members, 7,821,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical (46655 Views)

Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" / "It Pays To Pay Your Tithe" - D'banj Stands With The "Sheeple" / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by BERNIMOORE: 1:16pm On Nov 11, 2017
petra1:

Tithe is given of all .
in a fictitious parable story(Fictitious means made up, or imaginaryhttps://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/fictitious) YOU ARE HARD PRESSED!

2 Likes

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by BERNIMOORE: 1:46pm On Nov 11, 2017
hardasan:

Thank God you admitted that Jesus didn't condemn tithes.
LAW OF MOSES WAS STILL IN EFFECT THEN, he condemed a pharisee that tithe though in his parable (luke 18:12)

Thank God you admit that Jesus died for our sin, not for our tithes.

Tithe wasn't paid for remission of sins.
Burnt offerings ended with the death of Jesus on the cross.
tithe was mostly paid with animals (no evidence that money was ever paid) those animals donated for tithe are used daily for burnt offerings and for remission of sin.
Heb ch 9 vs 22

And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

This means that the Jews didn't tithe for their sins, they offered animal sacrifices.
i cant help but laugh at how you display poor bible understanding

can you read here and see that 'tithe were actually used for offering''
Numbers 18:25
25Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 26"Moreover, you shall speak to the Levites and say to them, 'When you take from the sons of Israel the tithe which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then you shall present an offering from it to the LORD, a tithe of the tithe.

Malachi ch 3 vs 11 says:
And I will rebuke the devourer for your sake; and he shall not [b]destroy the fruits of your ground [/b]

God didn't say pay your tithe and I will forgive your sins, but he will rebuke the devourer from your land
Another huge evidence that fruits animals were mainly used for tithe, no evidence that money was ever used.

1 Like

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 3:29pm On Nov 11, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
you are hard pressed seaching everywhere for evidence 'where currency or money was used to pay tithe but Nowhere. Now you switch to using a fictitious parable made up by jesus and you ended up being a loser because the man that said ''i tithe all that i gain''(luke 18:12) was actually condemned by jesus, moreover the story was not a true life story,

Definition of parable

specifically :a usually short fictitious(Fictitious means made up, or imaginaryhttps://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/fictitious) story that illustrates a moral attitude or a religious principle
[size=6pt] 9 Also He spoke this
parable[/b] to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one [b]a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ 13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other

can you see that all your evidencies to support tithe cannot be sustained because i with expose them grin grin grin

All you could come up with is to say that the story never happened.
Well : Luke ch 18 vs 9
And he spake a parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous
He used that parable to describe what was actually happening among the self righteous pharisees.

Matthew 23 vs 23
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

The pharisees/jews actually pay tithe of things outside animals and feel that they are justified because of it and don't need love, mercy, faith etc. Jesus rebuked them for it.

Even if what you claim is true, Why will Jesus give a parable of things that don't ever happen? Could he be hinting that he wants us to pay tithes of all ?

Now, it's time for you to show where the bible expressly said bring your tithe and I will forgive your sins.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2017
Author = BERNIMOORE
other huge evidence that fruits animals were mainly used for tithe, no evidence that money was ever used.

Lol you're tying yourself with your own words.
You admitted that the bible says that without the shedding of blood, there shall be no remission of sins.
Now you claim that tithes are for the remission of sins.
Now you are admitting that the Jews tithed with fruits and animals. Why will the jews tithe with fruits for their sins ?

I'll answer it :
Because tithes are the tenth part of your increase / profits.
Why should it be the tenth part of your increase /profits?
Because it is a convenant commanded by God which opens doors of blessings upon your land / business / source of income.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by BERNIMOORE: 4:03pm On Nov 11, 2017
hardasan:

Now, it's time for you to show where the bible expressly said bring your tithe and I will forgive your sins.
25Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 26"Moreover, you shall speak to the Levites and say to them, 'When you take from the sons of Israel the tithe which I have given you from them for your inheritance then you shall present an offering from it to the LORD, a tithe of the tithe. Now does offering not atonement for sin?

3 Likes

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 6:57pm On Nov 11, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
25Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 26"Moreover, you shall speak to the Levites and say to them, 'When you take from the sons of Israel the tithe which I have given you from them for your inheritance then you shall present an offering from it to the LORD, a tithe of the tithe. Now does offering not atonement for sin?

Tithe of tithes is a commandment of God to priests / pastors. It's not the same with offerings for the atonement of sins. That's why pastor's will tell you boldly that they pay their tithes but instead of burnt sacrifices, they can use it to share gifts in the church, build the church or pay to their spiritual fathers.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by BERNIMOORE: 9:08pm On Nov 11, 2017
hardasan:

Tithe of tithes is a commandment of God to priests / pastors. It's not the same with offerings for the atonement of sins. That's why pastor's will tell you boldly that they pay their tithes but instead of burnt sacrifices, they can use it to share gifts in the church, build the church or pay to their spiritual fathers.
I thought you would be honest but I can see that you need to be wiped with scriptures, since Adeboye and rich pastors chose to abandon this topic to you followers

2 Likes

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by BERNIMOORE: 5:30am On Nov 12, 2017
hardasan:

Tithe of tithes is a commandment of God to priests / pastors. It's not the same with offerings for the atonement of sins. [s]That's why pastor's will tell you boldly that they pay their tithes but instead of burnt sacrifices, they can use it to share gifts in the church, build the church or pay to their spiritual fathers.[/s]

Did God command that offering should be made from tithe? yes or No
Numbers 18:26
'When you take from the sons of Israel the tithe which I have given you from them for your inheritance then you shall present an offering from it to the LORD
i want objective readers to learn here now that you are fighting the scriptures
question 1, Did God command that offering should be made from tithe? yes or No

Numbers 18:24
"For the tithe of the sons of Israel, which they offer as an offering to the LORD, I have given to the Levites for an inheritance; therefore I have said concerning them, 'They shall have no inheritance among the sons of Israel.'"
question 2, Was the tithe of the sons of isreal not ''said to be an offering''? grin grin

Be honest to answer 1 and 2 above

2 Likes

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 9:03am On Nov 12, 2017
BERNIMOORE:

Did God command that offering should be made from tithe? yes or No
i want objective readers to learn here now that you are fighting the scriptures
question 1, Did God command that offering should be made from tithe? yes or No

Numbers 18:24
question 2, Was the tithe of the sons of isreal not ''said to be an offering''? grin grin

Be honest to answer 1 and 2 above

Lol.
Every objective reader can see that you are the one twisting the scriptures and putting your own interpretation.

To your question, Yes. An offering is commanded by God from the tithes.

Now see the full passage that you shortened to support your misinterpretation of the bible :
Numbers 18 verse 25 - 31

[b]25 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,

26 Thus speak unto the Levites, and say unto them, When ye take of the children of Israel the tithes which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then ye shall offer up an heave offering of it for the Lord, even a tenth part of the tithe.

27 And this your heave offering shall be reckoned unto you, as though it were the corn of the threshingfloor, and as the fulness of the winepress.

28 Thus ye also shall offer an heave offering unto the Lord of all your tithes, which ye receive of the children of Israel; and ye shall give thereof the Lord'S heave offering to Aaron the priest.

29 Out of all your gifts ye shall offer every heave offering of the Lord, of all the best thereof, even the hallowed part thereof out of it.

30 Therefore thou shalt say unto them, When ye have heaved the best thereof from it, then it shall be counted unto the Levites as the increase of the threshingfloor, and as the increase of the winepress.

31 And ye shall eat it in every place, ye and your households: for it is your reward for your service in the tabernacle of the congregation.[/b]

The bible said in verse 26, that they should offer the tenth part of the tithe they receive.
The bible called it a heave offering unto the Lord and not a burnt offering for sins.
In verse 27, the bible says that the tenth part of the tithe that they received which is the heave offering will count as their own corn and wine which they should have paid.
Verse 31 says that the priests and their household should eat it as the reward for their service in the tabernacle.
Finally, verse 32 says that they will bear no sin by reason of it.

Please come and show us where offering for sin was mentioned. Don't avoid this one like you did when I showed you that Melchizedek who wasn't a levite received tithes.
I'm waiting.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by BERNIMOORE: 10:20am On Nov 12, 2017
hardasan:

Lol.
Every objective reader can see that you are the one twisting the scriptures and putting your own interpretation.

To your question, . Yes An offering is commanded by God from the tithes.
Please come and show us where offering for sin was mentioned.

(1) Can a 'sin offering' be done with 'Offering derived from the tithe belonging to the levi priests?

Don't avoid this one like you did when I showed you that Melchizedek who wasn't a levite received tithes.
I'm waiting

YOU ADMITTED THAT TITHE IS FROM INCREASE

hardasan:
Ces la même chose mon chéri monsieur
Tithe is the tenth part of your increase which is also profit.
[color=#000099]Now Yet you summersaulted justifying Christians paying 10% of goods and money they do not own Abraham pick 10% of his nephew;Lot possesion and 10% of king of soddom possetion recovered and gave melchi, and return the rest,(2)DO CHRISTIANS TITHE THIS WAY?
Even worse, paying tithes this way means they have to find someone who has been robbed and recover the stolen goods. For example, if bag filled with money was stolen, the tithing Christian must first return the stolen goods to the rightful owner, who must not be a Christian, (in keeping true to the symbolism of Abram and Melchizedek) and then use 10% of the recovered goods as a tithe to the church.

SO
(1)Good, Can a 'sin offering' be done with 'Offering derived from the tithe belonging to the levi priests?
(2)DO CHRISTIANS TITHE THE ABRAHAM WAY?

PLS ANSWER 1,2 ABOVE AFFIRMATIVELY HONEST

3 Likes

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 2:40pm On Nov 12, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
(1) Can a 'sin offering' be done with 'Offering derived from the tithe belonging to the levi priests?

No, sin offering is different from heave offering
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by Peacefullove: 3:20pm On Nov 12, 2017
hardasan:

The bible asked us to bring of our increase,
It could be livestock and foodstuffs or money.
You are free to give whichever applies to you. Or even use ur tithe to buy commodities to give to the church just as u can sell ur commodity and give money. None is set in stone.

Why didn't Jesus apostles collect tithes ?

answer .

2 Likes

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 3:39pm On Nov 12, 2017
BERNIMOORE:

YOU ADMITTED THAT TITHE IS FROM INCREASE

[s]
[color=#000099]Now Yet you summersaulted justifying Christians paying 10% of goods and money they do not own Abraham pick 10% of his nephew;Lot possesion and 10% of king of soddom possetion recovered and gave melchi, and return the rest,(2)DO CHRISTIANS TITHE THIS WAY?
Even worse, paying tithes this way means they have to find someone who has been robbed and recover the stolen goods. For example, if bag filled with money was stolen, the tithing Christian must first return the stolen goods to the rightful owner, who must not be a Christian, (in keeping true to the symbolism of Abram and Melchizedek) and then use 10% of the recovered goods as a tithe to[/s]

(1)Good, Can a 'sin offering' be done with 'Offering derived from the tithe belonging to the levi priests?
(2)DO CHRISTIANS TITHE THE ABRAHAM WAY?

1. A sin offering is a sin offering. A heave offering is a heave offering. So a sin offering can't be done from the tithe of the lévites. Unless the levite of his own good and free will uses his own share of the tithes to offer a sin offering. If he doesn't want to, he has done no sin

2. Firstly, Abraham didn't give tithe on behalf of anyone else but himself. I said that because at the time when Abraham gave the tithe, he owned the goods. Then when he returned the goods and people, he was still rightfully entitled to some.

Still in reference to question 2. That was not the only time Abraham gave / paid tithe. In Genesis 28 vs 22. Jacob vowed to sacrifice all his tithe to God in exchange for peace. Jacob is the grand son of Abraham and obviously followed the steps of his fathers. The bible didn't mention everything Abraham, Isaac and Jacob did except few stories. So you can't say because of the items he returned from the war, he didn't pay any other tithe.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by Gggg102(m): 3:44pm On Nov 12, 2017
hardasan:

1. A sin offering is a sin offering. A heave offering is a heave offering. So a sin offering can't be done from the tithe of the lévites. Unless the levite of his own good and free will uses his own share of the tithes to offer a sin offering. If he doesn't want to, he has done no sin

2. Firstly, Abraham didn't give tithe on behalf of anyone else but himself. I said that because at the time when Abraham gave the tithe, he owned the goods. Then when he returned the goods and people, he was still rightfully entitled to some.

Still in reference to question 2. That was not the only time Abraham gave / paid tithe. In Genesis 28 vs 22. Jacob vowed to sacrifice all his tithe to God in exchange for peace. Jacob is the grand son of Abraham and obviously followed the steps of his fathers. The bible didn't mention everything Abraham, Isaac and Jacob did except few stories. So you can't say because of the items he returned from the war, he didn't pay any other tithe.

but nobody instructed them to pay
they made a personal decision.

4 Likes

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 3:48pm On Nov 12, 2017
Peacefullove:

Why didn't Jesus apostles collect tithes ?

answer .

Acts 2 vs 44 - 47

44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;

45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.

46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

Acts ch 4 vs 35

And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

The early church gave the apostles all. So which money again could they have given ad tithe ?
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 3:56pm On Nov 12, 2017
Gggg102:

but nobody instructed them to pay
they made a personal decision.

Abraham and Jacob gave tithe voluntarily.
The israélites didn't give any tithe till God commanded tithing. Still, the lévites didn't force them to tithe.

I have said before and I say again, tithing is between you and God. No one should force you to tithe and you don't need to be told to tithe.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by Peacefullove: 4:09pm On Nov 12, 2017
hardasan:

Acts 2 vs 44 - 47

44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;

45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.

46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

Acts ch 4 vs 35

And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

The early church gave the apostles all. So which money again could they have given ad tithe ?

Buhahaha grin so money finished for many years even till when apostle Paul was converted and yet no money to tithe still ? grin grin

What an excuse , Better not to give an excuse than to give a bad one

Why not admit such practice of tithing was non existing among them ?

1 Like

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by pascal558(m): 4:55pm On Nov 12, 2017
kefman:

Anyone who still pay tithe should also look for a high priest to carry out animal sacrifices on behalf of his/her sins... Lol!
Then u should also do away with the 10commandments too!!

1 Like

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 5:25pm On Nov 12, 2017
Peacefullove:

Buhahaha grin so money finished for many years even till when apostle Paul was converted and yet no money to tithe still ? grin grin

What an excuse , Better not to give an excuse than to give a bad one

Why not admit such practice of tithing was non existing among them ?

Maybe you don't understand my previous post. The early church pooled all that they had together in the days of the apostles. So tithing is not necessary. God commanded the lévites to take the tithes as a reward for their labour in the tabernacle. When all the money is pooled together, thee apostles are automatically being fed by the church and so the aim of tithes is achieved.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by MrPristine: 6:49pm On Nov 12, 2017
hardasan:

Maybe you don't understand my previous post. The early church pooled all that they had together in the days of the apostles. So tithing is not necessary. God commanded the lévites to take the tithes as a reward for their labour in the tabernacle. When all the money is pooled together, thee apostles are automatically being fed by the church and so the aim of tithes is achieved.

But what was pooled together was shared equally amongst the church members. If you are going to use that as an example, then pastors must share the tithe they collect equally with the congregation.

3 Likes

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 6:54pm On Nov 12, 2017
MrPristine:

But what was pooled together was shared equally amongst the church members. If you are going to use that as an example, then pastors must share the tithe they collect equally with the congregation.

If you give 100% to the church, no wahala,
If not, that doesn't apply to you

1 Like

Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by MrPristine: 7:00pm On Nov 12, 2017
hardasan:

If you give 100% to the church, no wahala,
If not, that doesn't apply to you

Same way paying tithes is not applicable to Christians biblically speaking.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 9:24pm On Nov 12, 2017
MrPristine:

Same way paying tithes is not applicable to Christians biblically speaking.
Why
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by MrPristine: 6:13am On Nov 13, 2017
hardasan:

Why

There is not one single instructions or example of Christians paying tithes in the whole bible and biblical tithes was not money but agricultural. The monetary tithe doctrine started in America in 1895 and it was invented by American evangelicals. It has absolutely nothing to do with true Christianity.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by savagefinder: 6:33am On Nov 13, 2017
hardasan:

22 Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.

23 And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.

28 At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates:

29 And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

Furthermore, verse 23 talks about the tithe of farm produce and livestock. What happens to others ?
Verse 28-29 says after 3yrs you should bring your all your tithe to be eaten. How possible is that ? So if u earn 1m every yr, after the 3rd yr, you'll cough up roughly your 4months salary that year (300,000ngn) to buy beer and corn? Can you and your pastor finish the tithe ? Or do you pay tithe in December once in 3yrs ?
I Want you to respond.
truth is that until freeze showed us this Bible verse, most of us, including myself didn't know. So the thing is, this a new discovery which questions all what we have been fed by our Pastors, this type of tithe is the only type of tithe in the Bible, so should we continue to tithe in this manner given that it is how the Bible has stated it? Or let us leave tithing for the fact that we are under grace..

By the way, the 4 months salary ish is what you can save up for 3 years (1 months from each year plus 2 from the 3rd year) and no.. Only you and your pastor cannot finish it but like the Bible says, it's meant for both the fatherless, motherless, strangers, widows and you all can finish it.
(our Pastors told us not to use our tithe for alms)
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 7:45am On Nov 13, 2017
savagefinder:
truth is that until freeze showed us this Bible verse, most of us, including myself didn't know. So the thing is, this a new discovery which questions all what we have been fed by our Pastors, this type of tithe is the only type of tithe in the Bible, so should we continue to tithe in this manner given that it is how the Bible has stated it? Or let us leave tithing for the fact that we are under grace..

By the way, the 4 months salary ish is what you can save up for 3 years (1 months from each year plus 2 from the 3rd year) and no.. Only you and your pastor cannot finish it but like the Bible says, it's meant for both the fatherless, motherless, strangers, widows and you all can finish it.
(our Pastors told us not to use our tithe for alms)

I gave those examples cus that's the verse non tithers use to attack tithes.
As Petra1 explained earlier,

THERE WERE THREE DIFFERENT KINDS OF TITHES

There were three different kinds of tithes in the Bible . Daddy freeze dwell on a minor one to rubbish the major one .

The three different types are as follows:

1. THE LEVITICAL TITHE (sacred to God).

Leviticus 27:30
And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's: it is holy unto the Lord

This tithe is used for the work of service in the place of worship and also for the welfare of the workers there.

Numbers 18:21-25
21 And, behold, I have given the Levites all the tithes in Israel for an inheritance in return for their service which they serve, the [menial] service of the Tent of Meeting.

2. THE TITHE OF THE FEAST (Deut. 14:22-27).(daddy freeze beer boozing tithe )
Deuteronomy 14:22-23
Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year. And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.

3. THE TITHE FOR THE POOR (Deut. 14:28, 29). (Every 3 years)
This is done once in very 3 years . It is shared among the poor . While the main annual tithe still runs .

Deuteronomy 14:28-29
At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates: And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest

The first tithe, the one we trace back to Abra­ham (Gen. 14:18-20), is the sacred tithe, given to the Levites and priests for their service to the temple and the congregation in the Old Testa­ment. This is the tithe we continue to give under the priesthood of Melchizedek in the New Testa­ment. It is the tithe consecrated to God and the furtherance of the gospel and has, therefore, validity for all believers in Christ.

Paul was clear enough .

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by hardasan(f): 7:46am On Nov 13, 2017
MrPristine:

There is not one single instructions or example of Christians paying tithes in the whole bible and biblical tithes was not money but agricultural. The monetary tithe doctrine started in America in 1895 and it was invented by American evangelicals. It has absolutely nothing to do with true Christianity.

Means that you haven't read the whole thread, please go and read through. All these have been talked about with biblical verses.
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by BERNIMOORE: 7:48am On Nov 13, 2017
hardasan:

2. Firstly, Abraham didn't give tithe on behalf of anyone else but himself. I said that because at the time when Abraham gave the tithe he owned the goods. Then when he returned the goods and people, he was still rightfully entitled to some
Was it an "increase" a basis that constitutes tithe as commanded, you admitted that tithe is on increase
hardasan:

Gen ch 14 verse 18-20

Ces la même chose mon chéri monsieur
Tithe is the tenth part of your increase which is also profit. It can be currency or corn and wine. .

tell us how the Abrams tithe "recorded" still fits into what you admitted above. Limit your comments to Abraham's only for clarity That is "tenth part of increase" What is Abraham Capital, what constitutes his profit of which 10% was removed and given as a tithe? Remember that tithe is NOT 10% of capital but rather 10% of profit
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by BERNIMOORE: 10:18am On Nov 13, 2017
hardasan I am waiting for your replies to the bolded below
BERNIMOORE:
Was it an "increase" a basis that constitutes tithe as commanded, you admitted that tithe is on increase
tell us how the Abrams tithe "recorded" still fits into what you admitted above. Limit your comments to Abraham's only for clarity That is "tenth part of increase" What is Abraham Capital, what constitutes his profit of which 10% was removed and given as a tithe? Remember that tithe is NOT 10% of capital but rather 10% of profit
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by Peacefullove: 11:36am On Nov 13, 2017
hardasan:

Maybe you don't understand my previous post. The early church pooled all that they had together in the days of the apostles. So tithing is not necessary.

Clearly, its not neccesary today too

God commanded the lévites to take the tithes as a reward for their labour in the tabernacle. When all the money is pooled together, thee apostles are automatically being fed by the church and so the aim of tithes is achieved.

Apostles did. not collect tithes , Church is not feeding them. if that was the case Paul would not say he work with his hands as Tent maker .
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by BERNIMOORE: 12:20pm On Nov 13, 2017
Peacefullove:

Clearly, its not neccesary today too

Apostles did. not collect tithes , Church is not feeding them. if that was the case Paul would not say he work with his hands as Tent maker .

can you see how faulty the basis of this tithe? do you know that most pastors knew this but they are silently sponsoring and paying people to defend the fraud on the social media while they kept quiet leaving these paid fraud-defenders on a hot seat, thats what i just discover
Re: Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical by MrPristine: 12:57pm On Nov 13, 2017
hardasan:

Means that you haven't read the whole thread, please go and read through. All these have been talked about with biblical verses.

I don't need to read the whole thread cause I have done extensive studies on tithes, written several articles on it, studied all the over forty verses in the bible that tithes is mentioned and I have been debating this tithe issue for over fifteen years so there is absolutely nothing about biblical tithes that I don't know. I can tell you with all confidence that tithes is not applicable to Christians except you want to twist scriptures and misapply it to Christians.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson / Fulani Women In Hijab Join Lord's Chosen Members For Crusade In Kwara. Photos / Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.