Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,253 members, 7,953,942 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:31 AM

Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon (41276 Views)

Body Of Man Who Jumped Into Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge Water Recovered / Bike Riders Rescue A Suicidal Man Who Jumped Over Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge (Video) / "Why My Husband Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon" - Wife (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by gentleguy1975: 4:51am On Dec 17, 2021
The family of a National Diploma certificate holder, Lekan Odunare, has confirmed his death after he jumped into a lagoon in an attempt to commit suicide.

Our correspondent gathered that the body of the victim, who jumped into the lagoon in the Epe area of Lagos State on Tuesday morning, was found on Thursday.

A grieving family member of the victim who craved anonymity confirmed the development in an interview with The PUNCH on Thursday.

The PUNCH had earlier reported that Odunare was captured in a video circulating on social media sitting on the rails of a bridge before plunging into the waters.

Before he dived in, a man filming the scene was heard querying his intention.

Odunare, who looked forlorn, did not answer any of the questions before jumping into the lagoon.

Many social media users, however, wondered why the man behind the camera made no effort to save him.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Adekunle Ajisebutu, said he had yet to get an update on the matter.

An official of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency said the agency did not receive any report of the incident.

Also, the General Manager of the Lagos State Waterways Authority, Oluwadamilola Emmanuel, told our correspondent that the agency had no information on the matter.

https://punchng.com/family-confirms-death-of-lagos-diploma-holder-who-jumped-into-lagoon/

See previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/6897195/young-man-attempts-suicide-jumps

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by endsarrrs(f): 5:04am On Dec 17, 2021
Sad

2 Likes

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by YOUNGELDER1(m): 5:19am On Dec 17, 2021
Sad RIP
Depression is real
Check on your friends and families.

125 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by spinna: 6:24am On Dec 17, 2021
Unfortunate

1 Like

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by lkillbrokehoes: 6:27am On Dec 17, 2021
People are really going through alot in Nigeria

117 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by shilenji(m): 6:30am On Dec 17, 2021
YOUNGELDER1:
Sad RIP
Depression is real
Check on your friends and families.
like them dey check on me abi. See this life ehn everyman for himself. If you no fit Carry your cross alone. You aren't fit to be called a MAN.

154 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by Queenslander(f): 6:35am On Dec 17, 2021
shilenji:
[s] like them dey check on me abi. See this life ehn everyman for himself. If you no fit Carry your cross alone. You aren't fit to be called a MAN.
[/s]
I understand your point..
Buh,. You have to
Be your brothers keeper..

97 Likes

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by MufasaLion: 7:00am On Dec 17, 2021
Damn! I'm very bad at checking up on people.

15 Likes

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by Maxymilliano(m): 7:09am On Dec 17, 2021
Poor soul, Who knows what he has been passing through cry cry cry

18 Likes

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by AderogbaOmokeye: 7:17am On Dec 17, 2021

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by MufasaLion: 7:19am On Dec 17, 2021
AderogbaOmokeye:

You should correct that. It's bad.

Lol

I'm so used to it and it ain't easy to change.

5 Likes

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by AderogbaOmokeye: 7:47am On Dec 17, 2021

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by MufasaLion: 7:51am On Dec 17, 2021
AderogbaOmokeye:

If you put your mind to it, you will

I can never put my mind to it. I can't change my personality. It's not wickedness, it's just me.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by AderogbaOmokeye: 7:55am On Dec 17, 2021

4 Likes

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by Irondome1: 8:16am On Dec 17, 2021
Too bad.... Why kill yourself when you won't live forever??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by Passionate888: 9:20am On Dec 17, 2021
I blame Buhari. The guy might have been among those who shouted sai baba in 2014/15

11 Likes

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by Realestatevixen: 9:20am On Dec 17, 2021
Aww

There was ample time to rescue that young man. They would have just dragged him down with force. If it was his family member, would he be there filming and asking questions. He would have first rescued him before plenty talk. Its really sad.

Modified
Become a land lord and win an all expense trip to Dubai. Call or watsapp 080 6029 1729

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by MARKone(m): 9:20am On Dec 17, 2021
Somebody was busy recording him when this dude jumped. I don't know what is with this generation and video recording. I watched the clip, the person recording would have dropped his phone and see if he could talk this guy out of jumping into the lagoon.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by jeff1993: 9:20am On Dec 17, 2021
Depression is real

Please NL family .... I need someone to o mentor me in any digital money making skill
... I stay in Lagos
Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by sofiscatedmoron: 9:20am On Dec 17, 2021
I thought he is a professional swimmer,,
So why where they recording him instead of preventing him from taking his life

6 Likes

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by RichDad1(m): 9:20am On Dec 17, 2021
Saw the video. It was chilling and scary. cry cry
Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by Sharon6(f): 9:20am On Dec 17, 2021
Sad
Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by Beehshorp(m): 9:20am On Dec 17, 2021
RIP man, there's peace on the other side.

1 Like

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by welzyj2(m): 9:21am On Dec 17, 2021
speechless embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by jeff1607(m): 9:21am On Dec 17, 2021
The camera guy isn’t wise

14 Likes

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by Bmaged: 9:21am On Dec 17, 2021
One less weakling on the face of the earth

2 Likes

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by Millimann: 9:21am On Dec 17, 2021
So sad. To even think that I watched on video how the guy committed suicide.

I commend my Igbo brothers for tackling the menace of mkpurummiri head-on instead of playing the ostrich. If you know you know.

Update: His wife has confirmed that he takes drugs. I was right afterall.

10 Likes

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by Just380: 9:22am On Dec 17, 2021
Buhari, Onikure

This guy probably saw that people are planning to vote Tinubu and saw the sufferings ahead.

I pity those he left behind that will witness Tinubu presidency(if it happens)

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by WibusJaga: 9:22am On Dec 17, 2021

It is well. That pix will haunt loved ones for a while.
Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by Dshocker(m): 9:22am On Dec 17, 2021
Committing suicide is a sin against God and against man

6 Likes

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by Bohbedy: 9:22am On Dec 17, 2021
Rip to him
Suicide is not an option

2 Likes

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by Mrsoft3(m): 9:22am On Dec 17, 2021
MufasaLion:
Damn! I'm very bad at checking up on people.

Irony of life I will say....the mufasa I know is selfless, he is a king loved by all because he has all his animals at heart, he reached out to them and ensure no conflict. He did give aways self. So bro where you come from na? Oya do giveaway to start with

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career / How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? / Sperm Flow While Sleeping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.