Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Relationship Tips You Must Know Before Committing Yourself To Someone - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationship Tips You Must Know Before Committing Yourself To Someone (1276 Views)

It's Like Many Married Women Don't Use Protection When Committing Adultery / Free relationship tips to get him/her / Any Married Couple Having Sex For Pleasure Is Committing A Big Sin—nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relationship Tips You Must Know Before Committing Yourself To Someone by Biafrareform(m): 10:46pm On Nov 06, 2017
It takes at lest a year and a few arguments to begin to know who someone really is. Finding a suitable mate is a logical process. Never commit yourself to any person in the early stages of a relationship because you are crazy in love - it's likely to just be your hormones talking. Hormones eventually subside, and when they do, you'll be left looking at the cold, hard facts about whether this person is suitable to live your life with will emerge.

Write a list of the minimum you will accept in a partner and stick to it. Don't commit early to anyone and never settle for second best in your relationships and don't let anyone put you second. If you feel that a person has what you want to make your life easy and fun, encourage that relationship.
Never use someone as an interim measure until the right person comes along - that causes more pain than pleasure, prevents you from focusing on what you really want and is an abuse of the other person.

Why settle for second best when there are about 1.52 million potential perfect partners in the world for you right now?. But you have gat to be active and get out among them. Don't wait to be discovered.
You will need to be committed to obtain your dream and it takes a lot of hard work to make it happen. Start now.
Shalom.

3 Likes

Re: Relationship Tips You Must Know Before Committing Yourself To Someone by tosyne2much(m): 11:05pm On Nov 06, 2017
You made a lot of sense. It's very true that finding the right person requires a logical process. It's not just above love.

You forgot to add that a little quarrel will give you a foresight of what the kind of person you want to choose as a companion is really made of

3 Likes

Re: Relationship Tips You Must Know Before Committing Yourself To Someone by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 06, 2017
tosyne2much:
You made a lot of sense. It's very true that finding the right person requires a logical process. It's not just above love.

You forgot to add that a little quarrel will give you a foresight of what the kind of person you want to choose as a companion is really made of

If we look beyond the quarrels and look into the potentials of the individual, we will choose rightly. I made an error in the past looking into quarrels. Though there are downsides sha, the composition of the individual counts, the potential, if compromise and tolerance is there, then fantastic
Re: Relationship Tips You Must Know Before Committing Yourself To Someone by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 06, 2017
KreativGenius:

If we look beyond the quarrels and look into the potentials of the individual, we will choose rightly. I made an error in the past looking into quarrels. Though there are downsides sha, the composition of the individual counts, the potential, if compromise and tolerance is there, then fantastic
hmm.. That's true
Re: Relationship Tips You Must Know Before Committing Yourself To Someone by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 06, 2017
sexybbstar:
hmm.. That's true

I made this discovery in the week of my last relationship and i felt like if i had been more firm with how i saw the potentials, if i could help her feel the same way too, we could both for the bright side overlook the downsides, but life is fvked up. For now, going on hunting spree abeg, when i've pushed out the negative feelings, i'll repent grin grin grin
Re: Relationship Tips You Must Know Before Committing Yourself To Someone by Biafrareform(m): 11:20pm On Nov 06, 2017
tosyne2much:

Is there. First few words.

'' It takes at lest a year and a few arguments"
Re: Relationship Tips You Must Know Before Committing Yourself To Someone by Nobody: 11:28pm On Nov 06, 2017
Biafrareform:

I think that's rather speculative, a year is too long, the maturity of both individuals is important, if the characters are strong, a few months is okay, and then cultivate the bonding process is the next thing to do
Re: Relationship Tips You Must Know Before Committing Yourself To Someone by tosyne2much(m): 11:28pm On Nov 06, 2017
Biafrareform:

I don't really believe it must be up to a year depending on how much of a good observer you are. It know what to do that will make a lady reveal her real character to me.(i know what I'm saying cheesy)

But I agree with you on the disagreement part sha.
Re: Relationship Tips You Must Know Before Committing Yourself To Someone by Nobody: 12:03am On Nov 07, 2017
KreativGenius:

I made this discovery in the week of my last relationship and i felt like if i had been more firm with how i saw the potentials, if i could help her feel the same way too, we could both for the bright side overlook the downsides, but life is fvked up. For now, going on hunting spree abeg, when i've pushed out the negative feelings, i'll repent grin grin grin
wow,! That's good. You seems very funny.
Re: Relationship Tips You Must Know Before Committing Yourself To Someone by Nobody: 3:33am On Nov 07, 2017
sexybbstar:
wow,! That's good. You seems very funny.

wink
Re: Relationship Tips You Must Know Before Committing Yourself To Someone by Nobody: 3:38am On Nov 07, 2017
Serious relationship is just about two matured mind that are ready to start life as a mature mind. Love is totally out of serious relationship to be honest cuz no matter how hard we try, we usually don't have that one person we so much wish to have. So it is just becasue they are both ready in their mind that would make them sacrifice everything to make the relationship works. It is like a determined mind that has vowed never to look back. The minds will tolerate whatever, will never get angry, will talk when one is wrong, and is ever ready to apologize and to change it's wrong ways to suit the other serious mind. That's just a serious relationship. So you can even commit yourself from the first day (though only guys can) cuz the seriousness of a lady can usually be seeing even on the first date while some guys till christ will come can pretend to be in same shoe where as na watch. So i think only girls need time to commit (not crime ooo biko) in a relationship.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relationship Tips You Must Know Before Committing Yourself To Someone by tosyne2much(m): 7:22am On Nov 07, 2017
Luxuryconsult:
Serious relationship is just about two matured mind that are ready to start life as a mature mind. Love is totally out of serious relationship to be honest cuz no matter how hard we try, we usually don't have that one person we so much wish to have them. So it is just becasue they are both ready in their mind that would make them sacrifice everything to make the relationship works. It is like a determined mind that has vowed never to look back. The minds will tolerate whatever, will never get angry, will talk when one is wrong, and is ever ready to apologize and to change it's wrong ways to suit the other serious mind. That's just a serious relationship. So you can even commit yourself from the first day (though only guys.
My brother, you're head correct I swear cheesy
Re: Relationship Tips You Must Know Before Committing Yourself To Someone by Biafrareform(m): 7:29am On Nov 07, 2017
Luxuryconsult:
Serious relationship is just about two matured mind that are ready to start life as a mature mind. Love is totally out of serious relationship to be honest cuz no matter how hard we try, we usually don't have that one person we so much wish to have them. So it is just becasue they are both ready in their mind that would make them sacrifice everything to make the relationship works. It is like a determined mind that has vowed never to look back. The minds will tolerate whatever, will never get angry, will talk when one is wrong, and is ever ready to apologize and to change it's wrong ways to suit the other serious mind. That's just a serious relationship. So you can even commit yourself from the first day (though only guys can) cuz the seriousness of a lady can usually be seeing even on the first date while some guys till christ will come can pretend to be in same shoe where as na watch. So i think only girls need time to commit (not crime ooo biko) in a relationship.

Two mature minds. Spot on there.

To sum it up tolerance.
Love doesn't keep marriage. Even those who are divorced still love each other.

What keeps relationships going is your ability to tolerate each other excessive. You must learn to compromise for the happiness of the other person.
Re: Relationship Tips You Must Know Before Committing Yourself To Someone by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 07, 2017
Luxuryconsult:
Serious relationship is just about two matured mind that are ready to start life as a mature mind. Love is totally out of serious relationship to be honest cuz no matter how hard we try, we usually don't have that one person we so much wish to have them. So it is just becasue they are both ready in their mind that would make them sacrifice everything to make the relationship works. It is like a determined mind that has vowed never to look back. The minds will tolerate whatever, will never get angry, will talk when one is wrong, and is ever ready to apologize and to change it's wrong ways to suit the other serious mind. That's just a serious relationship. So you can even commit yourself from the first day (though only guys can) cuz the seriousness of a lady can usually be seeing even on the first date while some guys till christ will come can pretend to be in same shoe where as na watch. So i think only girls need time to commit (not crime ooo biko) in a relationship.

Well spoken. Obviously i need some relationships tips, i've gotten rusty. I need to take time off the forum to go read relationships manuals embarassed embarassed embarassed

You're right, for it to work, we need :

Tolerance

Compromise

Realistic Expectations

Patience

Stability

Consistency

Anger Management

Honesty

Openness

Companionship

Chemistry

Levelheadedness

The Desire to Keep Working to Iron out Issues

Effective/Good Communication

And a willful choice to stick with the person we're with

And off cause Mind-blowing sex kiss

I learnt this the hard way
Re: Relationship Tips You Must Know Before Committing Yourself To Someone by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 07, 2017
Might I add this:
To make a relationship work, one has to be an absorber.
Re: Relationship Tips You Must Know Before Committing Yourself To Someone by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 07, 2017
Alero3Arubi:
Might I add this:
To make a relationship work, one has to be an absorber.

Blood of wizkid, so true.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Tips You Must Know Before Committing Yourself To Someone by OliviaThomas: 10:44am On Feb 16, 2023
In fact, relationships are always complicated, and often you make mistakes or even take the relationship back to the very beginning. My friend is currently reading articles like https://getexbackforgood.com/ for tips on how to get an ex back and do it quickly to rekindle the relationship she misses

(1) (Reply)

Sex Robot : Hit Or Pass? / Please Advice Me Before I Commit Murder... / Women's Thought About Uncircumcised Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.