Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,973 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) (28790 Views)

7 Things You Must Know As A New Graduate / 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office / Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) by ArchangeLucifer: 10:37am On Nov 07, 2017
4rty:
U again u no dey tire for al these lies? who r u trying to impress? don't use ur hand attract robbers into ur life that's my my candid advice to u.

Too late grin
Re: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) by Rapmoney(m): 10:41am On Nov 07, 2017
BiggerPRICK1:
H for hugeAss grin
Na wa for you o! E be like say you like ass well well o! Hope u didn't masturbate on that Daniella Okeke's thread? grin
Re: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) by hayfloze(m): 10:41am On Nov 07, 2017
OP, I guess you forgot to add betting addicts.
Re: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 07, 2017
Rapmoney:
Na wa for you o! E be like say you like ass well well o! Hope u didn't masturbate on that Daniella Okeke's thread? grin
Send me the link... i didnt see it
Re: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 07, 2017
morereb10:
To be candid guys, you need to get real. I don't know about ladies but guys tend to make stupid decisions and still spend unnecessarily when they are broke and this has to stop. You have to find away to distinguish between your needs and your wants.

The worst nightmare for anyone is being broke. No one wants to be in a state where we don't have money to do some things but guess what, sometimes we find ourselves their and its no juju from the village or one uncle pursuing you, it is simply because of bad financial decision

So you need to stop winging and get on with your life and make smarter decisions next time. But before such a time, their is need to cut-down on certain expenses. It doesn't matter if you are broke for a short while or you are broke for a very long period, there are things you need to do to adjust to the financial situations, to prevent you from acquiring lots of debt.

These are the seven things you need to avoid..

1. Pretending to have money you don't

Seeing is believing. People tend to believe what they see. If people see the way you spend money, they think you have money, and they expect you to spend. Though you really don't have to let people know your financial situation but don't pretend you have when you don't. It will ruin your finance totally.

2. Paying for subscription services

If you are broke, you need to cancel some unnecessary subscriptions that are not helping matters. Cancel subscriptions on cable tv, social clubs, gym membership, for the period you are broke. Once you bounce back, then you can re-subscribe. It won't affect your life if you don't have some things but it can affect your finance and financial goals if you subscribe to some things and you have to pay through your nose. Try to adjust.

3. Hanging out with friends

When you are in a broke state, reduce how much you hang out or party with friends. Spending time with friends outside your house or their house automatically means you would spend money, which you can't really afford when you are broke. If you won't be paying for drinks or food or getting free food and drinks, then stay put at your house.

Find an alternative way to have fun with your friends.

4. Paying bills late

Try not to pay your bills late. They have a way of adding up, finding a way to eat up into the little you have. It is cheaper to pay your bills earlier, than having an accumulated sum which can disrupt your finances.

5. Spending savings or emergency fund unnecessarily

If you are broke and you have a savings or an emergency fund you can fall back on. Try making the best out of it till you get out of your broke state. Only spend your emergency savings on emergency situations and savings on important things. Make your savings and emergency savings last for a long period. Remember, spend on what you need, not what you want.

6. Eating out

If you have the habit of eating out and ordering food to be delivered to you, you need to quit it. It would leave you totally broke. Buy food stuff at a market or supermarket, take it home to cook. You get value for your money.

7. Sticking to old spending habits

The reason why you are in your broke state is probably because of your bad spending habits and your bad financial decisions. You’ll need to review and check your financial habits and decisions and find possible ways of improving on them, so you don't find yourself in such financial situation in the future.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/amp.pulse.ng/lifestyle/money/7-things-you-should-not-do-when-you-are-broke-id7551066.html

And lastly, avoid Nigerian girls especially Igbo babes

3 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) by saintpatrick87(m): 10:52am On Nov 07, 2017
Nice article...... I love this
Thanks to my bae , who thought me how to spend less.....
Re: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) by TrillionBrains(m): 11:06am On Nov 07, 2017
That's a great idea, but I will just check out the many inventions and idea behind them, I think that will give me a nudge. Great move.
Re: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) by Rapmoney(m): 11:18am On Nov 07, 2017
BiggerPRICK1:
Send me the link... i didnt see it
Check front page. It is still there.
Re: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 07, 2017
Thank God bet9ja isnor there, i've vowed to never relent.....

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) by EmperorHarry: 11:20am On Nov 07, 2017
You should have added avoid bet houses cos that's the number one thing that you should have highlighted
Most guys can relate to this including me mostly the greatest get money quick scheme known as "virtual football" grin
Re: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 07, 2017
7. Stay away from gambling; bet9ja, nairabet and the likes

8. Stay away from Ladies

#strictly my opinion

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) by Coloradvantage(m): 11:23am On Nov 07, 2017
hardywaltz:
Owo na bastar.d
if you mean owu then I forgive... you! but if you really mean.... owo!!! thennna you be the bastard!!!!!
Re: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) by Annydora(f): 11:39am On Nov 07, 2017
nice article
Re: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) by Jaytecq(m): 11:49am On Nov 07, 2017
i stand to b corrected..... i eat out, and spend 3k-3250 weekly

how do u cook and spend less?

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) by PETUK(m): 12:11pm On Nov 07, 2017
majamajic:
nothing said about women here !!!

I think it falls under 'Subscription
man this is deep

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) by Noblewhiz(m): 12:23pm On Nov 07, 2017
majamajic:
nothing said about women here !!!
I think it falls under 'Subscription
Ulterior subscription... lol

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) by hardywaltz(m): 1:06pm On Nov 07, 2017
Coloradvantage:
if you mean owu then I forgive... you! but if you really mean.... owo!!! thennna you be the bastard!!!!!
Wetin concern me with owu or owo?
Those with high IQ understand what I was saying, broke clowns like u are the ones interested in trivialities like spelling mistakes or auto correct ...

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) by seunsodiende: 1:16pm On Nov 07, 2017
Guess what else you should stop doing, spending more on home basics when you can get discounts. Look for bargains online. Jumia offers ridiculous discounts on their site, especially during this black Friday season. don't dull yourself. What ever price there is on other websites, it is definitely cheaper on Jumia.
Please don't waste your money, spend wisely!!!!!!

Re: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) by phrankchek(m): 1:54pm On Nov 07, 2017
Jaytecq:
i stand to b corrected..... i eat out, and spend 3k-3250 weekly

how do u cook and spend less?

maybe u eat N70 Rice, N30 beans without meat..... smh
Re: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) by Jagz16(m): 1:54pm On Nov 07, 2017
benuejosh:
1. It is called packaging

2. Make sense

3. When am broke my friends take care of me till am back to my feet. And most often, you meet people who will be or are of great assistance to you when you hang out. When am broke i make more friends and when am not broke i make much more friends. Supend ya money

4. It recently happened to me. I intentionally didn't pay up my bills on a public service for some months. And when i decided to pay, the amount they called for me made me bring out my calculator.

5. Make sense. Although economics will not totally agree to saving.

6. And what if you don't know how to cook that particular tasty meal? I can't eat concussion prepared by my own self.

7. Money is meant to be spent.
Re: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 07, 2017
Queenlovely:
2001 somebody approached me and adviced me to stop buying books. I asked her why. She said it would enable me pay of my debt on a Ferrari I bought.
So many people poke nosing into other people's business. I never told her I was in debt. How did she know

So many people dishing out dangerous advice. Don't tell me how to spend my money

Hello wat ferrari?
Re: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) by NarnieSnyper(m): 2:04pm On Nov 07, 2017
My colleagues tease me when it's time for lunch break because I always take my food flask to work instead of buying food N250.

I simply told one on a certain day to calculate how much he spends on food every month, surprisingly he calculated up to 10k or more just for lunch break. I simply shrugged and said "there u have it".
Re: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) by Momoh7(m): 2:33pm On Nov 07, 2017
Airforce1:
Our river would never run dry in Jesus Name, Amen.
Make dem airforce, tosyne2much, Explorer, retiredMumu, IamJ, Lefu Lefu drop small thing for me i broke
Momoh Abdulwahab
Zenith bank
Re: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) by Rajosh(m): 3:39pm On Nov 07, 2017
avoid relationships if you're broke

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) by Olulinks(m): 4:08pm On Nov 07, 2017
Queenlovely:
2001 somebody approached me and adviced me to stop buying books. I asked her why. She said it would enable me pay of my debt on a Ferrari I bought.
So many people poke nosing into other people's business. I never told her I was in debt. How did she know

So many people dishing out dangerous advice. Don't tell me how to spend my money
If course, why would anybody tell you how to spend your cash, he they would not crash with you when the time comes.
Re: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) by Rilwayne001: 4:13pm On Nov 07, 2017
SonOfAfonja:
Thank God bet9ja isnor there, i've vowed to never relent.....

Wow shocked
Re: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) by Abudu2000(m): 4:16pm On Nov 07, 2017
When a student is broke""" should be on the topic too....

As a guy hustle hard, have several mean's of income and live your life to the fullest.you will be shocked to stay 10years without ever going broke..invest! Invest!! Invest!!!
Re: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) by Coloradvantage(m): 4:32pm On Nov 07, 2017
hardywaltz:

Wetin concern me with owu or owo?
Those with high IQ understand what I was saying, broke clowns like u are the ones interested in trivialities like spelling mistakes or auto correct ...
high IQ? dis term d sweet una use sha..... the mater no serious like this bros... say na brown clown!!!! lol
Re: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) by Jaytecq(m): 5:18pm On Nov 07, 2017
phrankchek:

maybe u eat N70 Rice, N30 beans without meat..... smh

no... 120 bread, beans 80
or 150 rice two meat

grin
Re: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 07, 2017
grin
Rilwayne001:

Wow shocked
comman teach me if you know how to play.....Looks like algebra to me......
Re: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) by Rilwayne001: 10:27pm On Nov 07, 2017
SonOfAfonja:
grin comman teach me if you know how to play.....Looks like algebra to me......

And you hate algebra? sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise / Court Declines Jurisdiction On Case Of Female Army Officer Who Married Foreigner / That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.