Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,920 members, 7,814,101 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Infrastructure, Defense Get Bulk Of Buhari's N8.6trillion Budget.. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Infrastructure, Defense Get Bulk Of Buhari's N8.6trillion Budget.. (15719 Views)

Coronavirus: "High-Ranking Member Of Buhari's Cabinet Dead" - Kemi Olunloyo / Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets / A Bag Rice Was N8,000 For The 5 Years Jonathan 'Destroyed' Nigeria - Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infrastructure, Defense Get Bulk Of Buhari's N8.6trillion Budget.. by shankara7: 4:55am On Nov 08, 2017
maqp10:

you are not even reasoning... I have just explained to you that even if it is 5trillion it wont change anything as money will still be sifoned..
what do you even mean by intellectual leaders?.. what problem has US or UK got that you compare our contry with the third world.. you want a better education system with this underlying corruption or better electricity with this status quo.. you better grow.. if I may ask you ..point out any country in the third world you know and her president that is currently trying to solve a major economic problem like food, electricity, or health. . non..... have you seen Americans comparing trump with obama or bill Clinton. . you better grow up.. nigeria will be on a slow train until our major problem corruption is out and then you will understand that 97billion is enough to make a change
You're entitled to your opinion but sorry, you didn't make sense.
Re: Infrastructure, Defense Get Bulk Of Buhari's N8.6trillion Budget.. by emu22(m): 5:08am On Nov 08, 2017
KardinalZik:
IRRESPONSIBLE budget by an irresponsible PRESIDiot supported only by irresponsible ZOMBIes.

Just like their highly worshipped (but fruitless and failed) BUDGET OF CHANGE, this is just an UTOPIAN BUDGET.

NEGATIVITY
Re: Infrastructure, Defense Get Bulk Of Buhari's N8.6trillion Budget.. by contigiency(m): 5:13am On Nov 08, 2017
This is very interesting. The policy direction is just okay our problem is not you mr president but those who are corrupt and those who said you must not succeed. And most of all, we the masses who have refused to grow up to know that you can't be everywhere at every point in time as to ensure full and proper implementation of all your policies. Otherwise, you have budgeted huge sums of money to NNDC, ministry of Niger Delta, amnesty coupled with 13% derivative all being managed by their citizens. But when they don't see visible projects instead of asking those their sons entrusted with these tasks, they turn and say mr President is marginalising them. The same way Nigerians do in virtually every of our affairs. As for those criticising the Finance minister and the entire economic team, I can say that either they are jealous of her or that they have little or nothing to say. Otherwise, how do you explain the fact that when we had the so called economic team headed by the Harvard trained finance guru, we could not achiev anything even as recession was staring at us. This is aside the fact that we were earning dollars as if there were falling from heaven as a result of the crude oil prices then. We squandered our foreign reserve, excess crude account and could not add a pin to our sovereign wealth fund. All our stabilization securities were in shambles, looting was the other of the day, infrastructure were deprecating and deteriorating all before the very best we are talking today. This is even worrisome because our criticism is coming at a point we are seing progress in all those indecies. That is what I call one who doesn't know what he wants.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infrastructure, Defense Get Bulk Of Buhari's N8.6trillion Budget.. by teejet: 5:30am On Nov 08, 2017
Chevronstaff:
In the UK,Education, Health and Social Security took highest share of the budget .....
WHEN WILL NIGERIA LEARN FROM THIS??
That's why they're called DEVELOPED countries- infrasturally efficient! Unlike ours that's still DEVELOPING. We need the infrastructures to get there!

3 Likes

Re: Infrastructure, Defense Get Bulk Of Buhari's N8.6trillion Budget.. by cardoctor(m): 5:47am On Nov 08, 2017
Defence has budget?
Re: Infrastructure, Defense Get Bulk Of Buhari's N8.6trillion Budget.. by positivetaught: 6:05am On Nov 08, 2017
It's like the APC/Buhari feel that by just increasing the budget amount astronomical above the previous year is a monumental national achievement,based on the rhetorics of the last two budgets n their final out comes what is encouraging about this bogus inflated n unrealistic bundle of projected figures?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infrastructure, Defense Get Bulk Of Buhari's N8.6trillion Budget.. by Nobody: 6:07am On Nov 08, 2017
A step in the right direction, but we run an expensive government, look at the recurrent expenditure. cool
Re: Infrastructure, Defense Get Bulk Of Buhari's N8.6trillion Budget.. by Dfreshprince: 6:23am On Nov 08, 2017
People are not being realistic comparing our budget to that of the Uk or USA. We need massive investment in Infrastructure and I think Healthcare should be part.. Our hospitals are death traps.. This is a good budget if implemented properly..
Re: Infrastructure, Defense Get Bulk Of Buhari's N8.6trillion Budget.. by Izonpikin: 6:30am On Nov 08, 2017
NigerDeltan:
“Of the amount, the sum of 6.387 trillion Naira is expected to be realised from oil and gas sources. Total receipts from the non-oil sector are projected at 5.597 trillion Naira.

And look at the amount spent on the region

Federal Capital Territory, N40.30 billion; Zonal Intervention Projects, N100.00 billion; North East Intervention Fund, N45.00 billion; Niger Delta Ministry, N53.89 billion; and Niger Delta Development Commission, N71.20 billion.
Details of the budget proposal revealed that a significant increase is being projected in the revenue accruable from the oil and non-oil sectors.

120bn? That almost 70% will go for salaries alone?

This govt is not just serious to be honest

East west road alone needs about 900bn naira to be completed

I see am bro...we need our violent Bros to rectify this governments head..
Re: Infrastructure, Defense Get Bulk Of Buhari's N8.6trillion Budget.. by docadams: 7:19am On Nov 08, 2017
DelGardo:

Zuwo! That is sooo UNN/UNEC. Like saying "any work".
Good looking out, bro.

The spirit is in you! Good morning.
Re: Infrastructure, Defense Get Bulk Of Buhari's N8.6trillion Budget.. by mapet: 7:22am On Nov 08, 2017
Yinkaotunba123:
Implementation is very key about this budget proposal. I just hope this money will not up in the pocket of these thieves.

Bros,

It is "budget" not "money". It is "intention to spend" and not "Cash"
Re: Infrastructure, Defense Get Bulk Of Buhari's N8.6trillion Budget.. by mapet: 7:25am On Nov 08, 2017
IBBG:
FCT alone is 40 billion. and education is just 60 billion and health 71 billion. No wonder our health care and education is in shambles. What does the FCT produces to warrant 40 billion budget.

1. Yes, FTC is like a state, run by a minister (who is like a governor) and under the control of FG. You think they don't need a budget?
2. Education needs much more, I agree. But I am wondering why is the split between Education - N60b and UBEC - N109.06 billion? Technically speaking, does this not mean Education is actually N169b?

1 Like

Re: Infrastructure, Defense Get Bulk Of Buhari's N8.6trillion Budget.. by morounkola(f): 7:31am On Nov 08, 2017
I think one of the questions should be how much of the amount budgeted for education in the past has really been spent on the improvement of the education sector. The reduction is not the issue but what is the plan, what do they plan to achieve in the sector this year? In my own opinion, N60billion and N70billion for the education and health ministries is too small. But at the same time, what have we achieved with amounts budgeted for those ministries in the past?
IBBG:
so because no improvement they should totally remove the allocation? i pity your way of reasoning. Education should be among the highest in terms of budgeting provisions. No wonder we will continue to wallow behind other countries. For your information intellectual capacity rule this present world. A govt that reduces its expenditure on education has willing accepted that the country should remain backward.
Re: Infrastructure, Defense Get Bulk Of Buhari's N8.6trillion Budget.. by DaV8King(m): 7:43am On Nov 08, 2017
The budget numbers shown in the report are CAPITAL only. When you add the recurrent expenditure (salaries,fuel etc)which were not stated, then the true scale of spending comes out.

This year 2017, Health had a nearly N300 billion budget total, how come it has fallen to N71 Billion?
Defence was N465 billion, how come it has fallen to N140 Billion?

Read and comprehend my people!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infrastructure, Defense Get Bulk Of Buhari's N8.6trillion Budget.. by efighter: 7:59am On Nov 08, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:

Specifically, N12 billion counterpart funding is earmarked for transmission lines and substations, N10.00 billion for the 2nd Niger Bridge; and N300 billion for the construction and rehabilitation of the strategic roads.

Other sectors are Agriculture and Rural Development, N118.98 billion; Water Resources: N95.11 billion; Industry, Trade and Investment, N82.92 billion; Interior: N63.26 billion; Education N61.73 billion; Universal Basic Education Commission, N109.06 billion; Health, N71.11 billion; Federal Capital Territory, N40.30 billion; Zonal Intervention Projects, N100.00 billion; North East Intervention Fund, N45.00 billion; Niger Delta Ministry, N53.89 billion; and Niger Delta Development Commission, N71.20 billion.
Details of the budget proposal revealed that a significant increase is being projected in the revenue accruable from the oil and non-oil sectors.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/248636-infrastructure-defence-get-bulk-of-buharis-n8-6-trillion-budget.htmlhtml

N10.00 billion for the 2nd Niger Bridge, shame on Goatluck Jonaddaft, Stealer Oduah, Diezaini Alison-Madukwe, Ngozi Okonjo-Iwealla, Senator Ikeremadu, Ayim Pius Ayim, e.t.c. What you cannot do for your people. A kunu zipping and goro chewing Fulani man is doing it. Any Iboman that uses the proposed new 2nd Niger bridge to be built by Buhari/Fashola is a bastard. You hate Buhari so much but he is now your Messiah. May we not eat from our enemies.

Niger Delta Ministry, N53.89 billion; and Niger Delta Development Commission, N71.20 billion. - Ask Goatluck Jonaddaft how he shared all the allocation to Niger Detla Ministry and Niger Delta Development COmmission such that for the 8 years that he was Vice President, Acting President and President, the[b] East-West road[/b] remains uncompleted, Ogoni spilled oil remains uncleared, The Lagos-Calabar rail-line remains a dream and there is still no standard international airport in the South-East and South-South while his wife Mama Piss Sheppopo is richer than all the 11 states of the South-East and South-South combined.

1 Like

Re: Infrastructure, Defense Get Bulk Of Buhari's N8.6trillion Budget.. by buffalowings: 8:42am On Nov 08, 2017
The question we should be asking is whether this year's budget has been fully inplemented
But be sure of morons singing their praises already.
Re: Infrastructure, Defense Get Bulk Of Buhari's N8.6trillion Budget.. by egobetatoday: 8:50am On Nov 08, 2017
TheKingdom:

Not when you were and still are a British colony. See the President vanishing for 100+days for "sickness" and see the budget....

The Nigger Area is just going about the script given to it by Foreign stakeholders PERIOD.

Why spend so much on defense? Who is going to invade una? Cameroon? Niger? Togo? LOL

NONSENSE

"Why spend so much on defense? Who is going to invade una?". If u ask me who I go ask? And they said Boko haram has been technically defeated? what a way to save for 2019 elections that they will loose with flying colours. lol
Re: Infrastructure, Defense Get Bulk Of Buhari's N8.6trillion Budget.. by juman(m): 8:51am On Nov 08, 2017
I laugh so much.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The senseless apc again with their senseless "budget".

"Budget" how to feed their families.
Re: Infrastructure, Defense Get Bulk Of Buhari's N8.6trillion Budget.. by juman(m): 8:52am On Nov 08, 2017
What was the outcome of 2016 and 2017 "budgets"?
Re: Infrastructure, Defense Get Bulk Of Buhari's N8.6trillion Budget.. by Ken4Christ: 1:11pm On Nov 08, 2017
I thought they want to diversify the economy to agriculture? Only budget of about 110 billion for agriculture and rural development. No hope for food prices to drop. Is this really a government for the people?
Re: Infrastructure, Defense Get Bulk Of Buhari's N8.6trillion Budget.. by IBBG(m): 2:26pm On Nov 08, 2017
MrRitchie:
You're quoting 180m people that's the whole population in nigeria are going to school, that's why u r dividing the budget with the whole population huh? This shows u don't know what exactly you're arguing about, secondly, People living in the fct are not human beings? Don't they need infrastructure for rural areas, water, pay salaries of LCDAs workers etc or what are u even saying, Let's see how much states with less than 10m population budget will be, they'll be talking of hundreds of billions and you're saying abuja with 40b budget is too much for a city of not less than 5million inhabitants, I figured u don't know what you're saying you just want to find a way to fault this budget instead of u/us to be praying the budget should be implemented as seen on paper, make it just stop here before I provoke shocked
Guy provoke. Is the budget not usually divided by the entire population? The budget is meant for 180 million nigerians, whether the entire population go to school or not is irrelevant. Your argument is still very shallow. No point engaging you. i rest my case here..
Re: Infrastructure, Defense Get Bulk Of Buhari's N8.6trillion Budget.. by IBBG(m): 2:51pm On Nov 08, 2017
erico2k2:

They got their educational sector right B4 spending on defence,whats the point on spending on deffence when there is nothing to deffend
you are so correct, that guy's point of view is so empty and nauseously shallow,

1 Like

Re: Infrastructure, Defense Get Bulk Of Buhari's N8.6trillion Budget.. by jnrremedy(m): 2:53pm On Nov 08, 2017
mapet:

1. Yes, FTC is like a state, run by a minister (who is like a governor) and under the control of FG. You think they don't need a budget?
2. Education needs much more, I agree. But I am wondering why is the split between Education - N60b and UBEC - N109.06 billion? Technically speaking, does this not mean Education is actually N169b?
which one is technically again
ubec money is spent on agric abi
Re: Infrastructure, Defense Get Bulk Of Buhari's N8.6trillion Budget.. by MrRitchie: 3:25pm On Nov 08, 2017
You're the one arguing stupid argument, how can you say 40b is too big for a whole fct, or is it's because
fct is not a state of it's own, if they choose to make fct a state do you know how much budget they'll be having every other year? Again quoting the whole population for a budget meant for schools alone, go back to school Mr man, maybe u r still drunk.
IBBG:
Guy provoke. Is the budget not usually divided by the entire population? The budget is meant for 180 million nigerians, whether the entire population go to school or not is irrelevant. Your argument is still very shallow. No point engaging you. i rest my case here..
Re: Infrastructure, Defense Get Bulk Of Buhari's N8.6trillion Budget.. by MrRitchie: 3:29pm On Nov 08, 2017
mapet:

Thank u o, one mumu Nlander dey here they quote me rubbish. When they don't have anything to argue about they'll just come up with rubbish
Re: Infrastructure, Defense Get Bulk Of Buhari's N8.6trillion Budget.. by mapet: 10:19am On Nov 09, 2017
jnrremedy:

which one is technically again
ubec money is spent on agric abi

Bros,

You better let us put it like that so that nay-sayers who chose not to recognise UBEC budget can let us breathe. I put it to a guy on twitter yesterday, and his reaction beats me. He said, but I should know UBEC is slush fund. I told him in that case we should regard all budget line items slush funds

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Succession Crisis Rocks NIIA Over Office Of Acting DG / Yusuf Gagdi Tackles Melaye, Says Tinubu Is Healthy And Fit To Be President / We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.