Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,030 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? (15044 Views)

African Leaders Criticize Icc For Bias Against Continent; Plans To Withdraw / What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? / Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Freiburger(m): 8:28pm On Mar 22, 2010
platinumnk:

@honeric01 - Question- What have you done in your area?
To make life more liveable?

The way you talk your lGA better have paved roads and street lights. cool

Leave honeric01, he knows the truth. Infact honeric01 lives in Germany.(i will say the truth?) grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by platinumnk(f): 8:36pm On Mar 22, 2010
Freiburger:

Leave honeric01, he knows the truth. Infact honeric01 lives in Germany.(i will say the truth?) grin grin grin

oh so hes here like the others yarning dust? ha na waa angry
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Sauron1: 8:43pm On Mar 22, 2010
frosbel:

I have noticed with many comments here on Nairaland  , that Nigerians in Diaspora tend to get insulted , abused and maligned when making comments that do not fit into the perspective of some Nairalanders.

Insults start flying around such as :

'go back to your one room rented apartment '

'go back to your beat'

' has your visa expired'

'when were you last home'

and a barage of more graphic abuse.

I have set up a poll to understand why such anger and hatred is channelled towards us Nigerians who are very hardworking and live abroad hoping to make a positive contribution to our country .

What are your thoughts ?

I am yet to notice this BIAS.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by chic2pimp(m): 8:59pm On Mar 22, 2010
~Sauron~:

I am yet to notice this BIAS.
For Real? undecided
None @ all? undecided
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Sauron1: 9:03pm On Mar 22, 2010
chic2pimp:

For Real? undecided
None @ all? undecided

Nowt!!!!
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by chic2pimp(m): 9:14pm On Mar 22, 2010
I'll direct you towards a couple of posts when I find em'.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by honeric01(m): 9:19pm On Mar 22, 2010
so you guys want me to come and boast of what i have done to people around me or to my environment abi? well sorry to disappoint 3 of you, i am not ready to do that (i did that not quite long on one of these Nigerian Division thread).
I practised what i preach because i am not here insulting those abroad and those at home, i am only being neutral here and giving advises to whoever needs it. you don't have to be abroad to become sucessful (though you have more opp overthere) but everyone can't be rich or be comfortable because we still have poor folks all over uk/us and other developed countries. what you need is to believe in your God, work on your self, use your brain, carry people along, ask question, have an open mind and if you're destined to be rich or comfortable, it will surely happen.'

I don't have time for useless debate about who's jealous or who's not jealous, about who lives the best life and who doesn't, you don't know me, you don't feed me, whatever happens to your life does not in any way affect me vice versa so why should i be jealous of an imaginary being?

Now, let me throw back your questions to 3 of you, what have you done to Nigeria and Nigerians? (not your family members oo).

I am where i am now by God's grace only and not by what the government provided for me or what anyone provided for me and i know those around me who are comfortable today are due to God's grace and their hardwork.

If you are not hardworking, no matter where you're, you'd remain poor and starve except you are expecting the government of wherever you are to feed you (handout for those abroad and nothing for those at home).
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by platinumnk(f): 9:27pm On Mar 22, 2010
Now, let me throw back your questions to 3 of you, what have you done to Nigeria and Nigerians?

- Lets see, Plenty. Go back and read my posts wink
There is a girl here who lives in Canada and go home very Xmas to help out and give children thngs that they may not afford.

Besides Aisha2, I havent seen any Nairalander that lives in Nigeria do squat.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Freiburger(m): 9:32pm On Mar 22, 2010
honeric01:

so you guys want me to come and boast of what i have done to people around me or to my environment abi? well sorry to disappoint 3 of you, i am not ready to do that (i did that not quite long on one of these Nigerian Division thread).
I practised what i preach because i am not here insulting those abroad and those at home, i am only being neutral here and giving advises to whoever needs it. you don't have to be abroad to become sucessful (though you have more opp overthere) but everyone can't be rich or be comfortable because we still have poor folks all over uk/us and other developed countries. what you need is to believe in your God, work on your self, use your brain, carry people along, ask question, have an open mind and if you're destined to be rich or comfortable, it will surely happen.'

I don't have time for useless debate about who's jealous or who's not jealous, about who lives the best life and who doesn't, you don't know me, you don't feed me, whatever happens to your life does not in any way affect me vice versa so why should i be jealous of an imaginary being?

Now, let me throw back your questions to 3 of you, what have you done to Nigeria and Nigerians? (not your family members oo).

I am where i am now by God's grace only and not by what the government provided for me or what anyone provided for me and i know those around me who are comfortable today are due to God's grace and their hardwork.

If you are not hardworking, no matter where you're, you'd remain poor and starve except you are expecting the government of wherever you are to feed you (handout for those abroad and nothing for those at home).

U 're not here for stupid debates, but at the same time u trying to raise up a very sensitive topic from this one, all your arugements are so baseless. and hence for i 'll ignore you m,i know ppl like you. undecided
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Sauron1: 9:34pm On Mar 22, 2010
chic2pimp:

I'll direct you towards a couple of posts when I find em'.

I'll buy you beer if you can find em.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 22, 2010
platinumnk:

Now, let me throw back your questions to 3 of you, what have you done to Nigeria and Nigerians?

There is a girl here who lives in Canada and go home very Xmas to help out and give children thngs that they may not afford.

I always see this type of questions as "unwarranted" . . . those who live in the US arent doing anything for the community either. We are not obliged to do anything for our neighbours or community so why shld you expect Nigerians to do same?
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by chic2pimp(m): 9:52pm On Mar 22, 2010
~Sauron~:

I'll buy you beer if you can find em.
I'll hold you that.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by platinumnk(f): 10:05pm On Mar 22, 2010
davidylan:

I always see this type of questions as "unwarranted" . . . those who live in the US arent doing anything for the community either. We are not obliged to do anything for our neighbours or community so why shld you expect Nigerians to do same?

Maybe you dont feel an obligation, but dont assume everyone is sitting on their hands.

Whats her name- Hotstepper- She is VP of a wonderful organization that helps out in Nigeria every year.

There are also Uboma Organizations where they have documented proof of assistance in communties through fundraisers.

I do expect nigerians to do the same, what kinda life to be living while others are suffering in misery?

It sickens me that in Places in Lagos there are slums directly behind nice duplexs.

We can never be united not in a million years.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Sauron1: 10:09pm On Mar 22, 2010
chic2pimp:

I'll hold you that.

But do i have to wait for centuries to read em posts?
Dig em up already!
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 22, 2010
platinumnk:

Maybe you dont feel an obligation, but dont assume everyone is sitting on their hands.

what has this thread to do with anything of this nature? undecided Obligation to do what and why? Why should i care what you do and why shld it be a concern that others do something?

platinumnk:

Whats her name- Hotstepper- She is VP of a wonderful organization that helps out in Nigeria every year.

and this exactly adds what to this thread? and this exactly is of benefit to who here?

platinumnk:

There are also Uboma Organizations where they have documented proof of assistance in communties through fundraisers.

and this serves what purpose here? Why shld we care? Do you know what i do too?

platinumnk:

I do expect nigerians to do the same, what kinda life to be living while others are suffering in misery?

this is nonsensical. If you wish to do something to help others . . . do so but please do not impose your own ideas on others who feel differently. I'm sick and tired of pseudo-philanthropists who think trumpeting their actions everywhere serves any purpose.

platinumnk:

It sickens me that in Places in Lagos there are slums directly behind nice duplexs.

and this is exactly whose fault? Mine?

platinumnk:

We can never be united not in a million years.

err where does "unity" come into this picture?
and how does your own "fundraising" promote "unity"? Did america become this great on the back of "fundraising"?

and here come the railway workers. Just wonder why they didnt seem to show any concern to the earthquake victims in Chile. But that's by the way.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by honeric01(m): 10:22pm On Mar 22, 2010
platinumnk:

You see, the difference between you and i is that you catch fish, share to those you think can't fish, you keep catching fish for them, when you are not around to catch fish for them, then there's no fish for them, mine's that i caught fish for them, after that, i taught them how to catch fish on their own when i am not around, now tell me, which one is more valuable in the long run?
   I can't come here and be telling you what i have done for Nigeria or for Nigerians so don't expect to know what some Nigerians on NL do in Nigeria, some don't blow their trumpets while some do, so please be civil and always know that some people don't think the way you think.

Freiburger:

U 're not here for silly debates, but at the same time u trying to raise up a very sensitive topic from this one, all your arugements are so baseless. and hence for i 'll ignore you m,i know ppl like you. undecided

guy, i am sorry to disappoint you, i can't debate with you because you can't think out of the box and you're obviously expecting me to think inside the box like you. sorry, i gat no time for that even though you're trying hard to bring me into this baseless and fruitless discussion.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by chic2pimp(m): 10:35pm On Mar 22, 2010
~Sauron~:

But do i have to wait for centuries to read em posts?
Dig em up already!
How Do You Post comments from other threads? undecided
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Sauron1: 10:38pm On Mar 22, 2010
chic2pimp:

Copy and paste!!!!
U sure say you go school? grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by chic2pimp(m): 10:41pm On Mar 22, 2010
~Sauron~:

Copy and paste!!!!
U sure say you go school? grin grin grin

Amadioha fire ya yansh grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by chamotex(m): 10:42pm On Mar 22, 2010
chic2pimp:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
I always knew this guy did not finish primary school. grin grin grin grin
LWKMD grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by chic2pimp(m): 10:44pm On Mar 22, 2010
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-71829.0.html#msg1380566

So Much Hate

chamotex:

Ch[b]amoeba[/b]
WAKA SHEGE!!! angry tongue
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 22, 2010
' :d
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Sauron1: 10:48pm On Mar 22, 2010
chic2pimp:

Amadioha fire ya yansh grin grin

My arse is fire-proofed.

chamotex:

He dropped out of Arabic School by age 11. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

chic2pimp:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-71829.0.html#msg1380566

How is this bias?
That poster was just speaking his mind about how Nigerians in diaspora can be fickle atimes.
Both parties take a dig at each other so why complain? It's a fair exchange in me opinion.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by platinumnk(f): 10:50pm On Mar 22, 2010
davidylan:

what has this thread to do with anything of this nature? undecided Obligation to do what and why? Why should i care what you do and why shld it be a concern that others do something?

and this exactly adds what to this thread? and this exactly is of benefit to who here?

and this serves what purpose here? Why shld we care? Do you know what i do too?

this is nonsensical. If you wish to do something to help others . . . do so but please do not impose your own ideas on others who feel differently. I'm sick and tired of pseudo-philanthropists who think trumpeting their actions everywhere serves any purpose.

and this is exactly whose fault? Mine?

err where does "unity" come into this picture?
and how does your own "fundraising" promote "unity"? Did america become this great on the back of "fundraising"?

and here come the railway workers. Just wonder why they didnt seem to show any concern to the earthquake victims in Chile. But that's by the way.

David I was replying to your questions not the thread.
I was giving examples.
If we are not supposed to care about one another, what hope do we have for our country, seperated of not?
Who said we didnt help in Chile, just that people like you were clamoring that we ignore the Haitans

America did not become great by everybody face me I face you steez that everyone is one here undecided

honeric01:

You see, the difference between you and i is that you catch fish, share to those you think can't fish, you keep catching fish for them, when you are not around to catch fish for them, then there's no fish for them, mine's that i caught fish for them, after that, i taught them how to catch fish on their own when i am not around, now tell me, which one is more valuable in the long run? i can't come here and be telling you what i have done for Nigeria or for Nigerians so don't expect to know what some Nigerians on NL do in Nigeria, some don't blow their trumpets while some do, so please be civil and always know that some people don't think the way you think.

guy, i am sorry to disappoint you, i can't debate with you because you can't think out of the box and you're obviously expecting me to think inside the box with you. sorry, i gat to time for that even though you're trying hard to bring me into baseless and fruitless discuss.

Your analogy doesnt make sense.
If someone builds a school how is it giving them fish? Isnt it giving them structure so they can learn?
i go home, Im not blind.

Let me tell you why I brought this up: In a small corner of lagos there is an area where a small group of white people and indians live, they have that place jazzed up to the T.

Even look  at the LGA of Aribibia ,

We are not obliged to do anything for our neighbours or community so why shld you expect Nigerians to do same?- this your statement is shameful embarassed
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by chic2pimp(m): 10:53pm On Mar 22, 2010
~Sauron~:

How is this bias?
That poster was just speaking his mind about how Nigerians in diaspora can be fickle atimes.
Both parties take a dig at each other so why complain? It's a fair exchange in me opinion.

Well I see it from a different prespective.
Dude was unneccesarily taking a pot shot @ Nigerians in Dispora
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Sauron1: 10:57pm On Mar 22, 2010
chic2pimp:

Well I see it from a different prespective.
Dude was unneccesarily taking a pot shot @ Nigerians in Dispora

And i am saying Nigerians in diaspora have taken multiple shots at Nigerians in Nigeria.
They have been dissed concerning NEPA, Mosquitoes, Joblessness, Yahoo-Plus and what not.
You cannot accuse people of what you are also guilty of.
If they take shots at you, take shots at them. Letz learn to live together in peace. grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 22, 2010
una no dey sleep, lol. grin grin grin grin

Good night ooooo.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by chamotex(m): 11:02pm On Mar 22, 2010
frosbel:

una no dey sleep, lol. grin grin grin grin

Good night ooooo.

Bros its only 10pm mahn
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 22, 2010
~Sauron~:

And i am saying Nigerians in diaspora have taken multiple shots at Nigerians in Nigeria.
They have been dissed concerning NEPA, Mosquitoes, Joblessness, Yahoo-Plus and what not.
If they take shots at you, take shots at them. Letz learn to live together in peace. grin
you?
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by chic2pimp(m): 11:04pm On Mar 22, 2010
~Sauron~:

Big Difference!!!
The shots we take @ the dudes and dudettes in Naija are necessary and waranted however the same can't be said when it is the other way around grin.
Let em' clean up their acts in Naija first then we call live together in peace cool

ibkaye:

you?
You to see am abi undecided cheesy
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by TOPE20001(f): 11:06pm On Mar 22, 2010
chic2pimp:

Let em' clean up their acts in Naija first then we call live together in peace cool

I concur
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Sauron1: 11:08pm On Mar 22, 2010
chic2pimp:

Big Difference!!!
The shots we take @ the dudes and dudettes in Naija are necessary and waranted however the same can't be said when it is the other way around grin.

This reeks of BIAS.

ibkaye:

you?

Everyone knows i am a peace ambassador!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

One Injured As Explosion Rocks Osun / Censorship: Good or Bad? / Biography Of Babajide Sanwo-olu And His Wife Dr Mrs Ibijoke Sanwo-olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.