Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:51 PM

Festus Keyamo: "Bobrisky Can't Be Arrested Just For Saying He Is Gay" - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Festus Keyamo: "Bobrisky Can't Be Arrested Just For Saying He Is Gay" (33616 Views)

Wizkid's Son, Boluwatife Balogun Is Gay? Wizkid Thinks So / The Video Of P'square Fighting At Festus Keyamo's Chamber Happened In 2016 / Davido Laughs At Eedris Abdulkareem For Saying He Is Stupid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Festus Keyamo: "Bobrisky Can't Be Arrested Just For Saying He Is Gay" by llyodzico(m): 12:14pm On Nov 09, 2017
WELL SAID
Re: Festus Keyamo: "Bobrisky Can't Be Arrested Just For Saying He Is Gay" by HeyCorleone(m): 12:34pm On Nov 09, 2017
frenzyduchess:
Fools beat their chest , why not tell them to come out and see who gets to die first, why are they hiding in the closet? ,you will die first, starting with anal cancer, fagg0t. I guess you have realized not everyone can be brainwashed to accept insanity like you and your folks. Some of us are more determined to block your evil ideas from corrupting our moral stand. If you want to swim in perversion, go ahead and drown in it, but don't expect everyone to accept your stupidity hook line and sinker, we still have our moral sensors on ,you disgusting f@g

I am not gay.. I am just sensible enough to know that fighting against homosexuality is swimming against the tide. I think we're making a big issue out of this whole thing. The more illegal it is, the more people have a penchant to try it out.
Re: Festus Keyamo: "Bobrisky Can't Be Arrested Just For Saying He Is Gay" by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 09, 2017
Just like people have a penchant for rape because its illegal? undecided,Hahahahaha the more you open your mouth to reply the more stupid you sound. Folks like you that think they are being liberal are the worse set of humans with no standing, always flowing with the tide ,can easily be swayed and in their own eyes they see themselves as more civilized, as idiots have linked homosexuality with civilization . Folks like you are the hairy arm in a prefect picture,i will not be fooled by such gimmicks, now fvck off, this will be my last reply
HeyCorleone:

I am not gay.. I am just sensible enough to know that fighting against homosexuality is swimming against the tide. I think we're making a big issue out of this whole thing. The more illegal it is, the more people have a penchant to try it out.
Re: Festus Keyamo: "Bobrisky Can't Be Arrested Just For Saying He Is Gay" by HeyCorleone(m): 4:41pm On Nov 09, 2017
frenzyduchess:
Just like people have a penchant for rape because its illegal? undecided,Hahahahaha the more you open your mouth to reply the more stupid you sound. Folks like you that think they are being liberal are the worse set of humans with no standing, always flowing with the tide ,can easily be swayed and in their own eyes they see themselves as more civilized, as idiots have linked homosexuality with civilization . Folks like you are the hairy arm in a prefect picture,i will not be fooled by such gimmicks, now fvck off, this will be my last reply

Only a cretin would compare rape to homosexuality. If 2 adults of the same sex decide to get involved in homosexual activities? Who gets hurt? Nobody. Rape is a different matter entirely. With so many negative effects, I'm surprised you're comparing it to homosexual acts.

And why are you taking the role of a moral judge here? Are you perfect? Don't you sin? So why judge someone because they choose to sin differently. I'm sure if you're told that a girl sleeps with her boyfriend, you won't bat an eyelid, yet morally, religiously and even traditionally, such act is wrong. So why feel different against the homosexual person?!

Just as Jesus did not judge the adulterous woman, I won't judge somebody based on their sexual orientation.
Re: Festus Keyamo: "Bobrisky Can't Be Arrested Just For Saying He Is Gay" by Shoemoney: 4:54pm On Nov 09, 2017
helobabe:
@GISTMORE

After news broke that self-acclaimed Nigerian male barbie, Bobrisky, was arrested last night, many Nigerians linked his arrest to a now deleted post in which he stated that he is gay. Even after our exclusive interview with Bobrisky where he alleged that serial entrepreneur, Toyin Lawani, was behind his arrest, some Nigerians still held on to their belief that his arrest was because he publicly acknowledged he is gay.

LIB reached out to frontline lawyer and human rights activist, Festus Keyamo, to find out if it is legal for Bobrisky, or anyone for that matter, to be arrested for publicly stating that they are gay. Here is what he had to say

SOURCE https://www.gistmore.com/nobody-can-arrest-bobrisky-just-says-gay-lawyer-festus-keyam

IYANU MASELE
Re: Festus Keyamo: "Bobrisky Can't Be Arrested Just For Saying He Is Gay" by KingSango(m): 5:48pm On Nov 09, 2017
KingSango:

When I was growing up in the 1960s-70s, homosexuality was considered to be abnormal, a psychological imbalance, queer, even disgusting to the point that the mere thought of homosexual sex or of just two men or two women kissing would gross most people out. Anyone considered to be a homosexual could be subject to teasing, ridicule, and even bullying.

But today, anyone who would dare to express such negative comments or have such negative reactions towards homosexuality would be the ones who would be ridiculed and vilified, called names like bigot and homophobe, and forced to publically apologize, though they would never be forgiven.

What caused this dramatic societal shift in less than half a century? I believe it all began with Jack Tripper of Three’s Company. He was the first salvo in the television industry’s shrewd plan to change the minds of Americans from disgust to acceptance of homosexuality.

1970s to Early ‘80s TV shows

At this writing (May 2016), this writer is in his mid-50s. The first homosexual character I remember being portrayed on TV was not a real homosexual at all. He was the late John Ritter’s character of Jack Tripper on Three’s Company, which aired from March 15, 1977, to September 18, 1984.

Jack was only pretending to be gay so that he could share an apartment with Janet Wood (portrayed by Joyce DeWitt) and Chrissy Snow (Suzanne Somers). This was because the landlord, first Stanley Roper (Norman Fell), then Ralph Furley (Don Knotts), would not agree to renting a room to a single man and two single women. But if the man was gay, then he would not try to seduce the women, and the hardnosed landlord would not object to them rooming together.

Jack would act like a stereotypical effeminate homosexual man when the landlord was around, but when he was not, Jack was a straight, women-chasing man, though he never did seduce Janet or Chrissy. It made for a funny and very popular plotline and sitcom. But in retrospective, this writer sees it as the first part of a long-range plan by the TV industry.

By introducing the American viewing public to the homosexual lifestyle via a man who was not really a homosexual, the viewers could laugh at his antics and stereotypical behavior without having an adverse reaction to the idea of homosexuality. Since he was not really a homosexual, we knew it was all an act. Thus we did not need to accept a homosexual lifestyle to be a fan of Jack and of Three’s Company in general.

But another TV series of the time had three recurring characters who were actual homosexuals, but they were portrayed in such a light-hearted way that their homosexuality was more of a joke than a serious lifestyle. The TV series was Barney Miller, which aired from January 23, 1975, to May 20, 1982. The first homosexual was Officer Zatelli (Dino Natali). To be honest, I really do not remember this character, but Wikipedia describes him as, “A gay officer. Particularly loathed by the homophobic Lt. Scanlon, who desperately wants to find a reason to fire him; after he was outed by a careless remark by Wojo, he was promoted to a position as Administrative Assistant at Police Headquarters.” Note that the term “homophobic” is anachronistic, as such a term would not have been used at that time. But Wikipedia further says, “Officer Zatelli's coming out, initially to Captain Miller but eventually to the entire squad, was the first gay-themed story arc on American television.”

But who I remember on Barney Miller was the gay couple of Marty Morrison (Jack DeLeon) and Darryl Driscoll (Ray Stewart). Marty was a stereotypical gay, always wearing rainbow clothing and acting in an effeminate manner. He was often brought in as a suspect, but never convicted of anything. But Wikipedia describes Darryl as, “Marty’s somewhat more sensible and grounded lover, who lends Marty moral support during his visits to the precinct.” Thus Darryl was anything but a stereotypical gay.

The contrast between these two gay men could not be more pronounced, and their appearances were always very lighted-hearted and humorous, with Darryl always trying to tone down his partner’s stereotypical behavior. I can even remember him saying to Marty, “Stop perpetrating stereotypes!” But they were never shown kissing or displaying any more overt sexuality. Thus viewers could laugh at their behavior without really laughing at homosexuality per se. And their recurring appearances provided another non-offensive introduction of the American public to homosexuality.

Interestingly, Wikipedia states about these three character, “Series creator Danny Arnold worked closely with the National Gay Task Force in developing the characters of Darryl and Marty. … and Arnold again worked with the NGTF to develop it [the arc about Officer Zatelli's coming out].” Thus these characters were not flippantly portrayed, but a gay-advocacy group was involved in their portrayals.

According to Wikipedia, there were a few other homosexual characters on TV during this time period, but they were all on British or Australian TV or were on short-lived American series.

All about secret cults that promote LGBT and rape children:
https://theriseofsodom..com/2016/04/devil-worship-witchcraft-and-sodomy.html

Nigerians must learn from the example of America how this pedophile agenda can sneak up on its society. First they always use these innocent characters that are entertaining but nothing is funny about child rape, especially using it as a weapon of war against Africa for the last 500 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qevtlles70Q

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Festus Keyamo: "Bobrisky Can't Be Arrested Just For Saying He Is Gay" by lowkeybahdguy(m): 6:52pm On Nov 09, 2017
LuvU2:
He has a point. Still not tolerating such nonsense (gay behavior) smiley

dah forehead tho.. cute �

Re: Festus Keyamo: "Bobrisky Can't Be Arrested Just For Saying He Is Gay" by KingSango(m): 2:27am On Nov 11, 2017
KingSango:
KingSango:

When I was growing up in the 1960s-70s, homosexuality was considered to be abnormal, a psychological imbalance, queer, even disgusting to the point that the mere thought of homosexual sex or of just two men or two women kissing would gross most people out. Anyone considered to be a homosexual could be subject to teasing, ridicule, and even bullying.

But today, anyone who would dare to express such negative comments or have such negative reactions towards homosexuality would be the ones who would be ridiculed and vilified, called names like bigot and homophobe, and forced to publically apologize, though they would never be forgiven.

What caused this dramatic societal shift in less than half a century? I believe it all began with Jack Tripper of Three’s Company. He was the first salvo in the television industry’s shrewd plan to change the minds of Americans from disgust to acceptance of homosexuality.

1970s to Early ‘80s TV shows

At this writing (May 2016), this writer is in his mid-50s. The first homosexual character I remember being portrayed on TV was not a real homosexual at all. He was the late John Ritter’s character of Jack Tripper on Three’s Company, which aired from March 15, 1977, to September 18, 1984.

Jack was only pretending to be gay so that he could share an apartment with Janet Wood (portrayed by Joyce DeWitt) and Chrissy Snow (Suzanne Somers). This was because the landlord, first Stanley Roper (Norman Fell), then Ralph Furley (Don Knotts), would not agree to renting a room to a single man and two single women. But if the man was gay, then he would not try to seduce the women, and the hardnosed landlord would not object to them rooming together.

Jack would act like a stereotypical effeminate homosexual man when the landlord was around, but when he was not, Jack was a straight, women-chasing man, though he never did seduce Janet or Chrissy. It made for a funny and very popular plotline and sitcom. But in retrospective, this writer sees it as the first part of a long-range plan by the TV industry.

By introducing the American viewing public to the homosexual lifestyle via a man who was not really a homosexual, the viewers could laugh at his antics and stereotypical behavior without having an adverse reaction to the idea of homosexuality. Since he was not really a homosexual, we knew it was all an act. Thus we did not need to accept a homosexual lifestyle to be a fan of Jack and of Three’s Company in general.

But another TV series of the time had three recurring characters who were actual homosexuals, but they were portrayed in such a light-hearted way that their homosexuality was more of a joke than a serious lifestyle. The TV series was Barney Miller, which aired from January 23, 1975, to May 20, 1982. The first homosexual was Officer Zatelli (Dino Natali). To be honest, I really do not remember this character, but Wikipedia describes him as, “A gay officer. Particularly loathed by the homophobic Lt. Scanlon, who desperately wants to find a reason to fire him; after he was outed by a careless remark by Wojo, he was promoted to a position as Administrative Assistant at Police Headquarters.” Note that the term “homophobic” is anachronistic, as such a term would not have been used at that time. But Wikipedia further says, “Officer Zatelli's coming out, initially to Captain Miller but eventually to the entire squad, was the first gay-themed story arc on American television.”

But who I remember on Barney Miller was the gay couple of Marty Morrison (Jack DeLeon) and Darryl Driscoll (Ray Stewart). Marty was a stereotypical gay, always wearing rainbow clothing and acting in an effeminate manner. He was often brought in as a suspect, but never convicted of anything. But Wikipedia describes Darryl as, “Marty’s somewhat more sensible and grounded lover, who lends Marty moral support during his visits to the precinct.” Thus Darryl was anything but a stereotypical gay.

The contrast between these two gay men could not be more pronounced, and their appearances were always very lighted-hearted and humorous, with Darryl always trying to tone down his partner’s stereotypical behavior. I can even remember him saying to Marty, “Stop perpetrating stereotypes!” But they were never shown kissing or displaying any more overt sexuality. Thus viewers could laugh at their behavior without really laughing at homosexuality per se. And their recurring appearances provided another non-offensive introduction of the American public to homosexuality.

Interestingly, Wikipedia states about these three character, “Series creator Danny Arnold worked closely with the National Gay Task Force in developing the characters of Darryl and Marty. … and Arnold again worked with the NGTF to develop it [the arc about Officer Zatelli's coming out].” Thus these characters were not flippantly portrayed, but a gay-advocacy group was involved in their portrayals.

According to Wikipedia, there were a few other homosexual characters on TV during this time period, but they were all on British or Australian TV or were on short-lived American series.

All about secret cults that promote LGBT and rape children:

Nigerians must learn from the example of America how this pedophile agenda can sneak up on its society. First they always use these innocent characters that are entertaining but nothing is funny about child rape, especially using it as a weapon of war against Africa for the last 500 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qevtlles70Q

Homosexuality is pedophile culture because pedophilia created males like Bobrisky.

Ase

Love Sango

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tosyn Bucknor Burial Photos / Alexx Ekubo Celebrates 31st Birthday With Girlfriend, Seems He's Getting Married / Opeyemi Aiyeola Celebrates Her 40th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.