Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Matrimony: Not Your Idea - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Matrimony: Not Your Idea (577 Views)

What's Your Idea Of The Perfect Romantic Gesture? / Help! I Need Your Idea / Best Second Marriage Matrimony In Kerala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Matrimony: Not Your Idea by Henitan24(f): 5:55am On Nov 09, 2017
I am sick and tired of folks on conventional media talking nonsense about marriage.

I was watching Elsie Godwin show on R2TV and Daddy Freeze was one of the guests. The topic of discussion bordered on marriage. One of the things I heard from one of the guests on that show (which I also usually hear from folks) is that we should leave religion or the Bible out of marriage. This kind of talk may sound progressive but it is by all means an ignorant and arrogant statement.

I read from another lady earlier today who opined that if a wife is smarter and more intelligent and resourceful than her husband, why shouldn't she be the head of the home. The writer finally held that headship in the home should be 50-50.

Both positions have one thing in common:

* They both talk about marriage as if they invented it. As if marriage was man's social construct. As if the idea of Man and Wife is a logical consequence of nature.

These folks cannot authoritatively tell us what marriage should and should not be and what marriage is and is not IF the idea did not originate from them. How dare anyone presume to lecture us on an idea that transcends humanity?

There are only 3 plausible sources for the concept of marriage. The first and second cannot stand careful scrutiny.

1. Nature or Naturalism.

Marriage, the social and sexual union of a human male and a human female to the exclusion of others is far from natural. So, in a Darwinian Universe, it is impossible to have marriage. In that universe, male species have just one goal in mind - to propagate their genes as fast and as broadly as possible. Therefore, the more the sex partners the merrier.

Naturally, male animals are ruled by their biology and hormones. Restraint is a taboo. In a Darwinian World, marriage is antithetical. Nothing in nature suggests or is consistent with the idea that marriage is the way to go. Rather, the opposite is what we see in nature.

2. Man or Social Construct.

Some would argue that marriage is but convention. Something man made up for convenience. This is empirically and demonstrably false.

History and experience have demonstrated that Man is pathetically polygamous by nature. A typical male loves to hunt, conquer and protect his 'game'. It's in his testosterone. A typical human (both male and female) loves varieties and adventures. We call varieties the spice of life. Especially for men, living with one woman for the rest of one's life is hardly convenient. Yet, none of them would willingly share their women with other men.

The point is that Man didn't suddenly decide to restrict himself to only one partner or a few partners because it is convenient. Rather, he does so because he holds himself to a greater standard beyond himself. Moreover, if marriage was a mere social construct, why is it universal? The most ancient and barbaric civilizations knew the concept of marriage.

3. Transcendental or Divine.

As I already pointed out, because of man's insatiable appetite for varieties and adventures, it is virtually implausible that marriage is a social construct. In other words, that it's a culture invented by men. Marriage radically contradicts every natural - and sometimes rational - craving of men. Therefore, in marrying, men are in effect holding themselves accountable to a greater ethic. If you will, to a transcendental code of conduct outside of themselves.

And this is why we cannot leave religion or the Bible out of marriage. We cannot leave marriage to the court of public opinion which is habitually subjective, erratic and whimsical. Folks who pontificate about marriage as if they own it.

They need to shut up and consult the Originator of marriage.

#truthissacred
cc
Lalasticlala

4 Likes

Re: Matrimony: Not Your Idea by BTT(m): 6:08am On Nov 09, 2017
A zillion likes for you, ma'am!

May God bless your home , and the one that nurtured you.

Edited.

1 Like

Re: Matrimony: Not Your Idea by Cuteamigo1(m): 6:09am On Nov 09, 2017
Henitan24:
I am sick and tired of folks on conventional media talking nonsense about marriage.

I was watching Elsie Godwin show on R2TV and Daddy Freeze was one of the guests. The topic of discussion bordered on marriage. One of the things I heard from one of the guests on that show (which I also usually hear from folks) is that we should leave religion or the Bible out of marriage. This kind of talk may sound progressive but it is by all means an ignorant and arrogant statement.

I read from another lady earlier today who opined that if a wife is smarter and more intelligent and resourceful than her husband, why shouldn't she be the head of the home. The writer finally held that headship in the home should be 50-50.

Both positions have one thing in common:

* They both talk about marriage as if they invented it. As if marriage was man's social construct. As if the idea of Man and Wife is a logical consequence of nature.

These folks cannot authoritatively tell us what marriage should and should not be and what marriage is and is not IF the idea did not originate from them. How dare anyone presume to lecture us on an idea that transcends humanity?

There are only 3 plausible sources for the concept of marriage. The first and second cannot stand careful scrutiny.

1. Nature or Naturalism.

Marriage, the social and sexual union of a human male and a human female to the exclusion of others is far from natural. So, in a Darwinian Universe, it is impossible to have marriage. In that universe, male species have just one goal in mind - to propagate their genes as fast and as broadly as possible. Therefore, the more the sex partners the merrier.

Naturally, male animals are ruled by their biology and hormones. Restraint is a taboo. In a Darwinian World, marriage is antithetical. Nothing in nature suggests or is consistent with the idea that marriage is the way to go. Rather, the opposite is what we see in nature.

2. Man or Social Construct.

Some would argue that marriage is but convention. Something man made up for convenience. This is empirically and demonstrably false.

History and experience have demonstrated that Man is pathetically polygamous by nature. A typical male loves to hunt, conquer and protect his 'game'. It's in his testosterone. A typical human (both male and female) loves varieties and adventures. We call varieties the spice of life. Especially for men, living with one woman for the rest of one's life is hardly convenient. Yet, none of them would willingly share their women with other men.

The point is that Man didn't suddenly decide to restrict himself to only one partner or a few partners because it is convenient. Rather, he does so because he holds himself to a greater standard beyond himself. Moreover, if marriage was a mere social construct, why is it universal? The most ancient and barbaric civilizations knew the concept of marriage.

3. Transcendental or Divine.

As I already pointed out, because of man's insatiable appetite for varieties and adventures, it is virtually implausible that marriage is a social construct. In other words, that it's a culture invented by men. Marriage radically contradicts every natural - and sometimes rational - craving of men. Therefore, in marrying, men are in effect holding themselves accountable to a greater ethic. If you will, to a transcendental code of conduct outside of themselves.

And this is why we cannot leave religion or the Bible out of marriage. We cannot leave marriage to the court of public opinion which is habitually subjective, erratic and whimsical. Folks who pontificate about marriage as if they own it.

They need to shut up and consult the Originator of marriage.

#truthissacred
this writeup is so on point. bless you op, you are one in a million because this is exactly how i feel on this issue.

1 Like

Re: Matrimony: Not Your Idea by Henitan24(f): 8:13am On Nov 16, 2017
BTT:
A zillion likes for you, sir!
May God bless your home , and the one that nurtured you.
I'm a lady sir...May God bless your home also. Thanks
Re: Matrimony: Not Your Idea by BTT(m): 6:01pm On Nov 16, 2017
Henitan24:
I'm a lady sir...May God bless your home also. Thanks
Fixed.
Ciao.
Re: Matrimony: Not Your Idea by Tozara(m): 2:28am On Nov 24, 2017
It's amazing how someone can spew bullshiit with so much confidence.

Every idea, every institution, known to man is HUMAN INVENTION---that includes marriage, that includes religion, that also includes the Bible!

There's no higher power. We are accountable only to our fellow humans. We are accountable only to our species!

Marriage existed long before the Jewish religion, let alone the Bible, ever did. I wonder how the Bible, written by cretins and moröns, could have a monopoly on an idea that PRECEDED it.

We're humans. And all matters concerning human affairs are ours to decide. Fück alien Gods and insane prophets.

(1) (Reply)

December List. / Did I Do Wrong? / Guys Only: Can You Collect 5 Soldier Man Slaps To Save Your Gf From Rape?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.