Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,408 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional (9625 Views)

If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. / Things Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Stated As Errors & False Teaching From Bible? / Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by CHARLOE(m): 9:26pm On Mar 20, 2010
While reading d daily devotional of d RCCG of wed 17 march, 2010, titled ONE HUNDRED FOLD RETURN, it says pastors are priests, and encourages d reader to always sow in d lives of their priests (pastors) in order 4 dem to get a 60 fold return. It went further to say general overseers (G.O's) are high priests and also ecourages d reader to always sow into d live of their G.O. to get a 100 fold return. It went further to implore the reader not to mind the fact that their G.O.'s have d luxuries of life while sowing into thier lives.

My points of disagreement with the above:
1. I'm yet to see anywhere in d bible that says pastors are priests and general overseers are high priests, instead d scripture says ;ye (children of God) are a holy nation, a royal priesthood'. And we have just 1 high priest- Jesus Christ (cant get d relevant scriptures now but am sure u're familiar with them.)

2. Please where in d scripture does it say if you sow into the live of pastors/'priests' you'll get a 60 fold return, and if you do same to general overseers/'high priest' you get 100 fold returns?

Pls somebody enlighten me on the above, or am I missing something here?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by bigfoot79(m): 9:31pm On Mar 20, 2010
The whole twist is nerve cracking, and i really don't know what or who to follow now

1 Like

Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by CHARLOE(m): 9:41pm On Mar 20, 2010
I see manipulation of scriptures for personal gains here, prove me wrong pls.

4 Likes

Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by CHARLOE(m): 9:53pm On Mar 20, 2010
It went further to say and i quote: 'some pple will say 'my pastor is very comfortable and donesn't need what i want to give him, instead let me give to somebody that needs them'. Always remember, you're not doing the recipient a favour but yourself when you give, stop robbing yourself of great blessing' (implying you don't get blessed when you give to the needy).

1 Like

Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by noetic16(m): 9:59pm On Mar 20, 2010
bigfoot79:

The whole twist is nerve cracking, and i really don't know what or who to follow now

just follow Jesus.
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by okenwa(m): 10:06pm On Mar 20, 2010
The bible discourages believers from GIVING to those who have, see the book of proverbs

enriching your man of God will make him loose God's task.

1.  Elisha warned Gehazi not to receive anything from people God used him to cure.
2.  Jesus discouraged his disciples from taking luxuries along with them into evangelism in order not to loose focus.

infact let us ask ourselves if JESUS will classify us like this if he was here?
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by e36991: 10:07pm On Mar 20, 2010
Bigfoot79:

The whole twist is nerve cracking and I really don't know what or who to follow now

@Bigfoot79

Easy, eat the chicken but spit out the bones

and follow Yeshua as Noetic16 rightly advised, you wont go wrong
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by REALTRUTH1: 10:11pm On Mar 20, 2010
@Poster ,,
 I don't know how one can verify what you ve alledged RCCG,,,however,,nothing surprises me about RCCG anymore,,,the way the church/organisation is runned is just unspeakable,,,there is hardly a day that passes without one scandal or the other pertaining to RCCG,,,
The problem is that RCCG is fast becoming or is already exhibiting the signs of the last days church,,,can you imagine what I read on their site pertaining to TITHES,,,They(RCCG) not the BIBLE said tithe is meant to take care of their pastors and other church workers,,,,now in their daily devotional you MUST sow in the lives of the pastor,,,,,when would the RCCG start investing in the lives of the BRAINWASHED members??
Am terribly disappointed in that organisation(RCCG),,,SHAME,,,,a very big SHAME
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by CHARLOE(m): 10:57pm On Mar 20, 2010
@ Real truth, to verify is easy- just get a copy of the RCCG daily devotional with 'Open Heavens Volume ten 2010. 10th anniversary edition' and d name of d G.O. written on the front cover. Go to wed17, 2010. Topic: ONE HUNDRED FOLD RETURN. Pls d reader can verify for him/herself.

1 Like

Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by CHARLOE(m): 11:55pm On Mar 20, 2010
wed 17 march, 2010, i meant.
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by Enigma(m): 1:38am On Mar 21, 2010
bigfoot79:

A good start would be to get a Bible which has the words of Jesus in red; study Jesus' words only for a little while first.

smiley
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by Enigma(m): 1:48am On Mar 21, 2010
CHARLOE:

While reading d daily devotional of d RCCG of wed 17 march, 2010, titled ONE HUNDRED FOLD RETURN, it says pastors are priests, and encourages d reader to always sow in d lives of their priests (pastors) in order 4 dem to get a 60 fold return. It went further to say general overseers (G.O's) are high priests and also ecourages d reader to always sow into d live of their G.O. to get a 100 fold return. It went further to implore d reader not to mind d fact that their G.O.'s have d luxuries of life while sowing into thier lives.
   My pts of disagreement with d above:
1. I'm yet to see anywhere in d bible that says pastors are priests and general overseers are high priests, instead d scripture says ;ye (children of God) are a holy nation, a royal priesthood'. And we have just 1 high priest- Jesus Christ (cant get d relevant scriptures now but am sure u're familiar with them.)
2. Pls where in d scripture does it say if u sow into d live of pastors/'priests' you'll get a 60 fold return, and if u do same to general overseers/'high priest' u get 100 fold returns?
  Pls somebody enlighten me on d above, or am i missing something here?

Some years ago, for the fun of it I went along as a guest to one RCCG's Festival of Life in London. The American guest preacher basically preached the message depicted above and also preached the lie that "the anointing into which you sow determines your fruit/harvest". When he finished his spiel, the GO got up and praised the American con man and said that the con man had already preached the sermon that he (the GO) wanted to preach; in other words he agreed with the con man's lie!

Anyway, there was even something which irritated me more than that one at the meeting. Towards the end, the GO made an "altar call"; in making the altar call he said that people had until he counted till the end of 10 (or so) for them to be saved (God's time doesn't seem to matter of course). BUT worse, he said that people should come forward to get the "real" salvation ---- even if they had been saved before ------ so is it only the "altar call" at an RCCG events that leads to "salvation"?

1 Like

Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by manmustwac(m): 2:01am On Mar 21, 2010
so don't any of you guys know that church is business

2 Likes

Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by Mudley313: 4:24am On Mar 21, 2010
so don't any of you guys know that church is fraudulent business 

corrected
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by afiq(m): 5:51am On Mar 21, 2010
RCCG priests + General overseer = CEOs grin
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by Joagbaje(m): 6:14am On Mar 21, 2010
I read the Daily manna of the said date, i didnt see anything like that. Or is not the Daily Manna youre making reference to?. Why dont you just paste it on this your thread,how would one verify what you claim.
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by REALTRUTH1: 6:27am On Mar 21, 2010
@Joagbaje,,The poster was talking about open heavens volume 10.Aside from that,how do you or how you explain this same similar statement on RCCG sites.My opinion is that RCCG does not care about peoples soul as much as the money they want to get from people.
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by CHARLOE(m): 7:56am On Mar 21, 2010
@ Joagbaje, i said daily devotional (not manna) and went further to state d name written on it: OPEN HEAVENS Volume Ten 2010 (Anniversary Edition). We don't attend d RCCG in my family/house but use it for our morning devotion. (By d way, i've decided to stop using it since i discovered these errors).
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by REALTRUTH1: 8:50am On Mar 21, 2010
CHARLOE:

@ Joagbaje, i said daily devotional (not manna) and went further to state d name written on it: OPEN HEAVENS Volume Ten 2010 (Anniversary Edition). We don't attend d RCCG in my family/house but use it for our morning devotion. (By d way, i've decided to stop using it since i discovered these errors).
. God bless U man, U ve done what d BAREAN Christians would ve done.However Tunde Bakare style would ve been better by TEARING into PIECES the book in the public.Am very glad people re bcoming wiser
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 21, 2010
Joagbaje is the master defender of materialistic christianity thats why hes always in a hurry to spew out fuckeries.

2 Likes

Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by mabell: 12:14pm On Mar 21, 2010
@CHARLOE

CHARLOE:

forgive , i didnt know the difference. I thought its thesame

babaearly:

Joagbaje is the master defender of materialistic christianity thats why hes always in a hurry to spew out fuckeries.

I forgive you. What is" fuckeries"
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by KunleOshob(m): 12:37pm On Mar 21, 2010
Is joagbaje, mabell as well
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by toluxa1(m): 1:22pm On Mar 21, 2010
I'll like to urge everyone of us to goto familyradio.com/english goto Literature Online and download the book, THE END OF THE CHURCH AGE AND AFTER. . . You can also download WHEAT AND TARES.

I have pointed out this things over 2 years ago when Pilgrim1 used to slam me. We had a really long debate and I think she later gave up. At the time the things that were evident in the churches, WORLDWIDE were not as clear as they are today. I'm just happen God is opening our eyes to see. Please get those books and prayerfully read them and lets discuss it.

Judgement begins with the House of God. . .
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by Joagbaje(m): 2:23pm On Mar 21, 2010
KunleOshob:

Is joagbaje, mabell as well

She used my system and didint sign out. my appologies.
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by newmi(m): 2:56pm On Mar 21, 2010
okenwa:

The bible discourages believers from GIVING to those who have, see the book of proverbs
enriching your man of God will make him loose God's task.

1. Elisha warned Gehazi not to receive anything from people God used him to cure.
2. Jesus discouraged his disciples from taking luxuries along with them into evangelism in order not to loose focus.

infact let us ask ourselves if JESUS will classify us like this if he was here?

giving to a man of God is not to enrich him(the man of God) but rather to enrich the giver. You give to a man of God for your own blessing and not to bless him
16. For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity .
17. Not becaause i desire a gift: but because i desire fruit that may abound to your account.
Philipians 4:16
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by petres007(m): 3:13pm On Mar 21, 2010
CHARLOE:

While reading d daily devotional of d RCCG of wed 17 march, 2010, titled ONE HUNDRED FOLD RETURN,

shocked shocked cheesy grin grin grin

CHARLOE:

it says pastors are priests, and encourages d reader to always sow in d lives of their priests (pastors) in order 4 dem to get a 60 fold return. It went further to say general overseers (G.O's) are high priests and also ecourages d reader to always sow into d live of their G.O. to get a 100

OMG grin grin grin

The more I read and hear about this kinda thing, the more I get tempted to start my own church - "Petres_007 Christian Ministries Industries Worldwide",

I'll make oga KunleOshob the chief tax tithe collector grin grin grin
That way, I'm sure the church workers won't rob me blind, cheesy

Make una pray for me ooooooooo . . . to backslide dey hungry me o! grin grin grin
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by petres007(m): 3:18pm On Mar 21, 2010
@CHARLOE,

At first I used to be shocked to my bones when I come across stuff like this - I mean, its one thing to mistinterpret the scriptures or outrightly twist it to suit your schemes. But introducing a concept completely alien to Christianity is something else entirely!

God help us! embarassed
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by Azibalua(f): 3:21pm On Mar 21, 2010
petres_007:

The more I read and hear about this kinda thing, the more I get tempted to start my own church - "Petres_007 Christian Ministries Industries Worldwide",
Make una pray for me ooooooooo . . . to backslide dey hungry me o! grin grin grin
maybe you should start strightaway sad
about backslidding, hmmmm cry
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by Azibalua(f): 3:23pm On Mar 21, 2010
petres_007:

@CHARLOE,
At first I used to be shocked to my bones when I come across stuff like this - I mean, its one thing to mistinterpret the scriptures or outrightly twist it to suit your schemes. But introducing a concept completely alien to Christianity is something else entirely!
God help us! embarassed

why not be on the safe side and
let God judge them, not you
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by petres007(m): 3:49pm On Mar 21, 2010
Azibalua:

And how have I passed judgment on them? Am I or anyone apart from the Lord even capable of doing that in the first place?

The bible instructs us to test everything and hold on to what is good! We're admonished to exercise discernment, which is exactly what I do. There are so many examples of these calls for discernment on the part of believers in the scriptures - we're instructed to earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all time delivered to the saints.

I assure you, what is being peddled about as the gospel by these conmen claiming to be ministers of the gospel is badly supernaturally twisted and I'll have none of it.

I don't get why supposed Christians feel so uncomfortable comparing their ministers' and denomination's theology with the scriptures!

I have one scripture for you. My sunday gift offering to you.  wink cheesy grin

It contains a rebuke commendation from Christ to one of the 7 seven churches in Revelation.

"'I know your works, your toil and your patient endurance, and how you cannot bear evil men but have tested those who call themselves apostles but are not, and found them to be false;

Rev 2:2 (RSV)
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by Devonian(m): 5:38pm On Mar 21, 2010
Azibalua:

Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? (1 Corinthians 6:2).

It is this attitude of "Leave him/her for God to judge" which has destroyed Nigeria. Rather than make people accountable for whatever they've done wrong, ssome of us Nigerians often say, let's leave him/her alone, God would judge, and things would continue to degenerate to the point where Pastors would engage in 419 activities and GOs would say nothing. What has the GO of the RCCG officially declared in relation to his pastors misbehaving at national and international levels? Shall we continue to sin and ask that grace abound? Thank gosh, I've turned my back on the church.

1 Like

Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by petres007(m): 6:16pm On Mar 21, 2010
Devonian:

Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? (1 Corinthians 6:2).

It is this attitude of "Leave him/her for God to judge" which has destroyed Nigeria. Rather than make people accountable for whatever they've done wrong, ssome of us Nigerians often say, let's leave him/her alone, God would judge, and things would continue to degenerate to the point where Pastors would engage in 419 activities and GOs would say nothing. What has the GO of the RCCG officially declared in relation to his pastors misbehaving at national and international levels? Shall we continue to sin and ask that grace abound? Thank gosh, I've turned my back on the church.

I couldn't agree more! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is The Unforgivable Sin? - Paul Ellis / If You Were Asked To Preach In Your Church, What Will Be Your Message? / Challenge Go All Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.