Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional (9641 Views)

If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. / Things Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Stated As Errors & False Teaching From Bible? / Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by ProjectNaija(m): 1:04pm On Dec 27, 2017
petra1:

It's only as administrative illustration . That doesn't mean he's referring to them as our high priests . Look at the scripture below For example

Exodus 7:1
And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet

Was Moses a god? Was Aaron a prophet no? But administrative Illlustration . It simply means Moses will speak hriygh Aaron just as God speaks through a prophet

Is that why Adeboye twisted the parable of the sower in Mark chapter 4 Jesus was talking about sowing the gospel to win believers but Adeboye twisted it to mean sowing money to your G.O(himself) to reap a hundred fold return. If you read the Mark 4:8 (that Adeboye quoted out of context and twisted) in proper context, reading the whole chapter from verse one to twenty were Jesus explained the parable himself, you will realise that adeboye's interpretation is not only false but self serving and fraudulent.

3 Likes

Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by CHARLOE(m): 6:41pm On Dec 27, 2017
petra1:

It's only as administrative illustration . That doesn't mean he's referring to them as our high priests . Look at the scripture below For example

And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet

Was Moses a god? Was Aaron a prophet no? But administrative Illlustration . It simply means Moses will speak hriygh Aaron just as God speaks through a prophet
Don't u think it would b wise to allow redeem defend itself, Mr sheeple? Abi na u write open heavens?

1 Like

Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by paxonel(m): 10:01pm On Dec 27, 2017
OK o grin
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by ProjectNaija(m): 7:07am On Dec 28, 2017
CHARLOE:

Don't u think it would b wise to allow redeem defend itself, Mr sheeple? Abi na u write open heavens?

They can't defend themselves as the biblical evidence against their fraudulent teaching is overwhelming. It was this hundred fold return crap that finally convinced me that Adeboye is a fraud.

1 Like

Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:07am On Dec 28, 2017
OkCornel:
These kind of messages are rampant where mammon has replaced God in such a church.

Unbridled thirst for temporary wealth without considering the fact that the treasures of today ends up becoming the trash of tomorrow.

The pursuit of fleeting pleasures at the expense of eternal treasures and development of God-given talents is the biggest form of stupidity I've seen in the commercialized church of God where they preach God's blessings is for sale to the highest tither or bidder (seed-sower).

To all the charlatans trading in the temple of God...Jesus is preparing your special whip to chase you out and overthrow your trading tables angry

You spoke my mind... Stealing in the name of the LORD.

3 Likes

Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by MrPristine: 1:42pm On Dec 28, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

You spoke my mind... Stealing in the name of the LORD.

It's really a shame that it's those who are meant to contend for the faith are the ones abusing it by twisting sacred scriptures for personal gain. Yet the bible warned us severally about those who will come to merchandise the gospel. sad

1 Like

Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by dorox(m): 7:00pm On Dec 30, 2017
CHARLOE:
While reading d daily devotional of d RCCG of wed 17 march, 2010, titled ONE HUNDRED FOLD RETURN, it says pastors are priests, and encourages d reader to always sow in d lives of their priests (pastors) in order 4 dem to get a 60 fold return. It went further to say general overseers (G.O's) are high priests and also ecourages d reader to always sow into d live of their G.O. to get a 100 fold return. It went further to implore the reader not to mind the fact that their G.O.'s have d luxuries of life while sowing into thier lives.

My points of disagreement with the above:
1. I'm yet to see anywhere in d bible that says pastors are priests and general overseers are high priests, instead d scripture says ;ye (children of God) are a holy nation, a royal priesthood'. And we have just 1 high priest- Jesus Christ (cant get d relevant scriptures now but am sure u're familiar with them.)

2. Please where in d scripture does it say if you sow into the live of pastors/'priests' you'll get a 60 fold return, and if you do same to general overseers/'high priest' you get 100 fold returns?

Pls somebody enlighten me on the above, or am I missing something here?

This sermon is all about greed and selfishness, it has nothing to do with love for neighbour. Daddy G O Adeboye has outdone the pharisees this time.

3 Likes

Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by MrPristine: 8:55am On Dec 31, 2017
dorox:

This sermon is all about greed and selfishness, it has nothing to do with love for neighbour. Daddy G O Adeboye has outdone the pharisees this time.

The thing tire me oh! Even the Pharisees weren't this bad.

1 Like

Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by paxonel(m): 7:28am On Jan 01, 2018
REALTRUTH1:

Since I do not have access to the said book,,,and for my one and only Nairaland Pastor to validate that point,,,,I am even more highly disappointed in RCCG,,,shameless bunch of bigots,,,I wish somebody can bring this to the notice of Pastor Tunde Bakare for him to get hold of that book and TEAR it into PIECES in the public glare of a National Television,,,,,Just like he did to the Occultic book written by Oyedepo
You mean, Tunde Bakare tear into pieces Oyedepo book?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
That's good news.
The revolution has started in the church.

I said it, it is only the church that can solve their problems.
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by paxonel(m): 7:31am On Jan 01, 2018
CHARLOE:
@ Real truth, been trying to download d e-book all to no avail, but not to worry, i decided to scan d relevant pages and post here-
Op, God will bless you for this post o.
You are saving so many ignorant Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by paxonel(m): 7:49am On Jan 01, 2018
CHARLOE:
By d posts am seeing here its obvious pple are begining to shine their eye well-well! I for one used to respect 'daddy' alot, that's until of recent. He looks so calm and gentle, talks softly and dresses simple; u just can't help but respect him (there're many others like him around, no need mentioning names). I started having doubts when i heard him say some strange, unlikely 'miracles'. Deep down my heart i found them hard to believe (am sure u've heard some urself).
Needless to say, Nigerians fear their pastors like God, pastors should be respected not feared, FEAR GOD ONLY! It has gotten to d extent they don't want to hear anything -ve bout their pastors, even when they're true. On d day of d morning devotion i mentioned earlier, when i pointed this error out, a hot argument ensued with my siblings. Pst adeboye is so feared/respected in my family nobody wanted to hear me out, to them he can do no wrong. Unfortunately, alot of xtians are like that, their papa/G.O. is superhuman and can do no wrong, always quick in comparing them to old testament prophets of old- Elija, Elisha and so on. So anything he says, true & false, is swallowed hook, line & sinker by their gullible and pathetic followers, like zombies.
I want to encourage us to 'prove all things' like d bible says, fear no man but God, 'By their fruits u shall know them'. Let's maximise d power of d internet and expose these WOLVES IN SHEEP CLOTHING. I believe we can start an online revolution against these men of god 'dog' and the corrupt, evil rulers/politicians working against d progress of this nation. (funny enough, these 2 classes of pple (religous leaders n politicians) work hand-in-hand TO IMPOVERISH NIGERIANS). Their relationship is mutually beneficial, if u know what i mean. Right now, i'm just so filled with 'righteous indignation'! angry
In 2012, I detected a certain error in that same open heaven devotion book, i was in 300 level then in the university. My elder brother stood up and slapped me to the point that my head spinned for saying there was an error in what Daddy adeboye wrote.
"who are you, a small boy like you?
We were not even members of RCCG we were only using their open heaven booklet for our morning devotion.
My parents and everyone began to rebuke me, saying i will suffer,Quoting in the bible what happened to some people who countered Moses, that they had leprosy.

But today, that my elder brother has seen reasons with me. Perhaps, he must have gone through the book thoroughly after that encounter grin

2 Likes

Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by CHARLOE(m): 11:22am On Jan 01, 2018
petra1:

And the Lo rd said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet

Was Moses a god? Was Aaron a prophet no? But administrative Illlustration . It simply means Moses will speak through Aaron just as God speaks through a prophet
Admin illustration u say? Lol, so d tithe they collect in d name of priest n high priest is an illustrative or literal collection? Stop chasing shadows my friend, free urself from fear n bondage n begin to use ur God-given brain to think!

3 Likes

Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by CHARLOE(m): 11:24am On Jan 01, 2018
petra1:

Was Moses a god? Was Aaron a prophet no? But administrative Illlustration . It simply means Moses will speak through Aaron just as God speaks through a prophet
Admin illustration u say? Lol, so d tithe they collect in d name of priest n high priest is an illustrative or literal collection? Stop chasing shadows my friend, free urself from fear n bondage n begin to use ur God-given brain to think!

1 Like

Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by ProjectNaija(m): 6:49pm On Jan 01, 2018
CHARLOE:

Abi oh! The way these sheeples cook up stories to defend their gods of men when their lies have been exposed is really nauseating. It proves they know deep within themselves that they know these con men are wrong but they just refuse to come to terms with reality.
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by dorox(m): 8:32pm On Jan 01, 2018
CHARLOE:

You got it all wrong with Petra. You see, as an aspiring pastor it is his job to make use of his God given brain to think of ways to make people not to think.

1 Like

Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by festwiz(m): 12:19am On Jan 02, 2018
I wish i was around in '010 to have read these. You guys are legends.

cc CHARLOE, Devonian et al

2 Likes

Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by CHARLOE(m): 7:09am On Jan 02, 2018
festwiz:
I wish was around in '010 to have read these. You guys are legends.

cc CHARLOE, Devonian et al
Legend kwa! grin Abeg o, I'm just like u, an enlightened soul, always willing to learn, without fear.

1 Like

Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by petra1(m): 8:08am On Jan 02, 2018
CHARLOE:

tithe is given to God. secondly it is biblical to give to men of God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by ProjectNaija(m): 9:26am On Jan 02, 2018
petra1:

Yes that's why your pastors need private jets to deliver the tithes to their god in the sky. Nansense angry

2 Likes

Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by BluntBoy(m): 10:14am On Jan 02, 2018
petra1:

Tithe is not given to God. The Bible said God gave it to the Levites:

“To the Levites I have given every tithe in Israel for an inheritance, in return for their service that they do, their service in the tent of meeting" (Numbers 18:21)

One of the services for which the Levites receive tithes is taking care of the temple. I believe you know that these involve tasks of cleaning. I have not heard of pastors sweeping the inside of the church building, yet they earnestly earn tithes.

1 Like

Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by petra1(m): 4:04pm On Jan 02, 2018
BluntBoy:

Tithe is not given to God. The Bible said God gave it to the Levites:

Tithe and offering belongs to God .

Leviticus 27:30.
And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's: it is holy unto the Lord.

Malachi 3:8
Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me.
But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee?
In tithes and offerings.

The fact that the Levites and ministers get their welfare from tithes and offerings doesn't mean it is not given to God .

“To the Levites I have given every tithe in Israel for an inheritance, in return for their service that they do, their service in the tent of meeting" (Numbers 18:21)

That's just administration or distribution .

One of the services for which the Levites receive tithes is taking care of the temple. I believe you know that these involve tasks of cleaning. I have not heard of pastors sweeping the inside of the church building, yet they earnestly earn tithes.

Wrong . Levites represents community of workers in Gods house . Priests represents the ordained ministers . The people who come first in salary earning are the church workers . Gate men , cleaners and other officials . Pastors come last . Because most pastors don't even depend on the stipends from church except few full time pastors .

1 Like

Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by BluntBoy(m): 4:38pm On Jan 02, 2018
petra1:

Tithe and offering belongs to God .

Leviticus 27:30.
And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's: it is holy unto the Lord.

Malachi 3:8
Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me.
But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee?
In tithes and offerings.

The fact that the Levites and ministers get their welfare from tithes and offerings doesn't mean it is not given to God .

That's just administration or distribution .

Wrong . Levites represents community of workers in Gods house . Priests represents the ordained ministers . The people who come first in salary earning are the church workers . Gate men , cleaners and other officials . Pastors come last . Because most pastors don't even depend on the stipends from church except fee full time pastors .

So, your pastors are equivalent of the priests of old?
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by petra1(m): 5:24pm On Jan 02, 2018
BluntBoy:

So, your pastors are equivalent of the priests of old?

Yes a type , good parallel

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by BluntBoy(m): 6:17pm On Jan 02, 2018
petra1:

Yes a type , good parallel

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel

Sorry, no parallel. Everyone who has been reconciled with Christ shares in His eternal priesthood. So, a true believer in Christ is a priest and Christ is His High Priest.

Pastors are shepherds. Paul believed that they should make a living (not wealth) from the work of God that they did. What is "make a living". It means to have basic necessities:

But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. (1 Timothy 6:cool

It was one reason why tithes were food. Tithes was a food program instituted to cater for the Levites, and by extension the priest, and then the poor. Another reason was because man could not boast of being in direct production of food. He depended on God for rain and sun and a good harvest. If tithe was money, man would not appreciate God as much as he would if tithes were factors that he has limited mastery over.

Lastly, supposing pastors are priests, then they shouldn't be collecting tithes directly. The gateman (an equivalent of a Levite) should gather the tithes and take tenth of the tithes (one percent) to the storehouse for the use of the priests.

And the priest the son of Aaron shall be with the Levites, when the Levites take tithes: and the Levites shall bring up the tithe of the tithes to the house of our God, to the chambers, into the treasure house. (Nehemiah 10:38 )

Also, the priests had laws guiding their conducts. They had to maintain a HOLY appearance. One of the requirements of a HOLY appearance is stated in the Bible verse below:

"'Priests must not shave their heads or shave off the edges of their beards or cut their bodies. (Leviticus 21:5)

2 Likes

Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by petra1(m): 10:17am On Jan 03, 2018
BluntBoy:

Sorry, no parallel. Everyone who has been reconciled with Christ shares in His eternal priesthood. So, a true believer in Christ is a priest and Christ is His High Priest

All The Jews were priests also. It's still a parallel

Pastors are shepherds. Paul believed that they should make a living (not wealth) from the work of God that they did

Good why then do you give wrong impression as though it's a crime for a minister to receive welfare .

What is "make a living". It means to have basic necessities:[b]But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. (1 Timothy 6:cool

That's a general Christian admonition

It was one reason why tithes were food. Tithes was a food program instituted to cater for the Levites, and by extension the priest, and then the poor. Another reason was because man could not boast of being in direct production of food. He depended on God for rain and sun and a good harvest. If tithe was money, man would not appreciate God as much as he would if tithes were factors that he has limited mastery over.

I've proven to you money was accepted as tithe . Secondly God used agric terminology for isreal because they were farmers by default . Even as at that it's not all agric produce that was accepted . Perishable things as tomatoes were not accepted , unclean animals were not accepted . Such were redeemed by cash . So invariably that knocks out the idea of strictly crops and animal agro tithes .It's a matter of choice . Does The fact that Cain and Abel gave agro produce as offering make offering strictly agro ? NO . Likewise tithes .If tithes were to be strictly agro Abraham and Jacob would have given agro only. Jacob said he would give tithes of all he's blessed with . And lastly tithes given to God is not for the poor . What is given to the poor was a different alms allocation .

Ask yourself this . If their was no money involved in cash . If it's only crops , how did priest get clothes ,shoes,plates,cups ,houses, bed, blankets, did the people give them ? Or they bought them ? Where did the money come from

Lastly, supposing pastors are priests, then they shouldn't be collecting tithes directly. The gateman (an equivalent of a Levite) should gather the tithes and take tenth of the tithes (one percent) to the storehouse for the use of the priests

Church money all goes to the local church account , from there a tithe of tithes is sent to headquarters. From the local church account . Gateman is paid and others staff are paid the pastor doesn't get paid except few case , other bills of the church are paid , rentals ,maintainaces and purchases . It's only Nairaland that tell lies against pastors . Church members will only laugh when they read some of the trash posted here because they know better that most of their pastors are volunteers who rather spend their money on the church . We don't give tithes according to the law. Remember it pre existed the law.
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by MrPristine: 10:58am On Jan 03, 2018
petra1:

Good why then do you give wrong impression as though it's a crime for a minister to receive welfare .

I've proven to you money was accepted as tithe . Secondly God used agric terminology for isreal because they were farmers by default . Even as at that it's not all agric produce that was accepted . Perishable things as tomatoes were not accepted , unclean animals were not accepted . Such were redeemed by cash . So invariably that knocks out the idea of strictly crops and animal agro tithes .It's a matter of choice . Does The fact that Cain and Abel gave agro produce as offering make offering strictly agro ? NO . Likewise tithes .If tithes were to be strictly agro Abraham and Jacob would have given agro only. Jacob said he would give tithes of all he's blessed with . And lastly tithes given to God is not for the poor . What is given to the poor was a different alms allocation .

Ask yourself this . If their was no money involved in cash . If it's only crops , how did priest get clothes ,shoes,plates,cups ,houses, bed, blankets, did the people give them ? Or they bought them ? Where did the money come from

Church money all goes to the local church account , from there a tithe of tithes is sent to headquarters. From the local church account . Gateman is paid and others staff are paid the pastor doesn't get paid except few case , other bills of the church are paid , rentals ,maintainaces and purchases . It's only Nairaland that tell lies against pastors . Church members will only laugh when they read some of the trash posted here because they know better that most of their pastors are volunteers who rather spend their money on the church . We don't give tithes according to the law. Remember it pre existed the law.

Stop this glaring lie. Tithing is preached according to the law in most Nigerian churches and that is why it is preached as mandatory. The Abrahamic tithe and Jacobs conditional promise to tithe that you are appealing to were both voluntary. It is only the law tithe that was made mandatory and that is what you and other dishonest preachers preach.

1 Like

Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by BluntBoy(m): 11:46am On Jan 03, 2018
petra1:

First of all, Jews were not all priests. God had the plan but they messed up by worshipping the golden calf and the Levites got the honor for staying on the side of God.

Second, money was used with a condition attached to it because God wanted tithes to be land-based. And moreover, the tithes which could be redeemed with money was not the ones to be given to the Levites. Moreover, the money was soon to be used to buy what the owner desired in his heart - which was again food.

Third, the priests had their clothing specially woven. It is hard to believe that you would think to use that as an excuse to justify paying money as tithes. There were even instructions on how they were to be made.

And please, stop lying about your sort of tithing existing before the law. We all know that Abraham's tithes were conditional and voluntary. I hope you know that voluntary and law do not go well together. It is either something is voluntary or obligatory (legal, law)

1 Like

Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by petra1(m): 1:14pm On Jan 03, 2018
BluntBoy:

First of all, Jews were not all priests. God had the plan but they messed up by worshipping the golden calf and the Levites got the honor for staying on the side of God.

In that case Christians are not priests either. Are Christians Levites ?

Second, money was used with a condition attached to it because God wanted tithes to be land-based. And moreover, the tithes which could be redeemed with money was not the ones to be given to the Levites. Moreover, the money was soon to be used to buy what the owner desired in his heart - which was again food

I showed you from scriptures except you just want to keep going in circles . The 10% for feast is different from the tithes given to God .

Third, the priests had their clothing specially woven. It is hard to believe that you would think to use that as an excuse to justify paying money as tithes. There were even instructions on how they were to be made

So They made their houses ,beds also and their plates and spoons from potato . Because they were forbidden to touch money!

And please, stop lying about your sort of tithing existing before the law. We all know that Abraham's tithes were conditional and voluntary. )

Was it agro produce he gave .?
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by petra1(m): 1:16pm On Jan 03, 2018
MrPristine:

Stop this glaring lie. Tithing is preached according to the law in most Nigerian churches and that is why it is preached as mandatory. The Abrahamic tithe and Jacobs conditional promise to tithe that you are appealing to were both voluntary. It is only the law tithe that was made mandatory and that is what you and other dishonest preachers preach.

If it voluntary why would God say you rob him
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by MrPristine: 1:50pm On Jan 03, 2018
petra1:

If it voluntary why would God say you rob him

Now you contradict yourself, Malachi 3:10 that you are referring to here was talking about tithes under the law which you claim is not the type you are practising. As we all know Christians are not under the law and it's wrong for any preacher to try to subject Christians to the law as tithe preachers do.
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by BluntBoy(m): 2:36pm On Jan 03, 2018
Re: False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional by BluntBoy(m): 2:38pm On Jan 03, 2018
petra1:

In that case Christians are not priests either. Are Christians Levites ?

I showed you from scriptures except you just want to keep going in circles . The 10% for feast is different from the tithes given to God .

So They made their houses ,beds also and their plates and spoons from potato . Because they were forbidden to touch money!

Was it agro produce he gave .?

God's original plan was to make the Jews priests. They messed up and the Levites were gifted. God sent Jesus to actualize his original plan by dying so that we may be reconciled and to share in His priesthood. Jews were not all priests at the time of the Law but the death of Christ made them priests who believed in Him, whether they be Jews or Gentiles.

Second, the priest lived within the temple. The Levites were first a tribe so they had their own city. Do you think they had no properties before God chose them?

If beds and plates are your own excuse for believing that priests received money, then, I can only shake my head because you have rendered me absolutely speechless. I don't suppose you think that the priests bought the snuffles and bowls by themselves.

I want you to shoot yourself in the foot by answering if what Abraham tithed was agro produce. So, don't be angry that I will be answering your question with a question: "Did Abraham tithe agro produce

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If You Were Asked To Preach In Your Church, What Will Be Your Message? / Is Cleanliness Really Next To Godliness? / The Beginning Of The End Of "Daddy Freeze".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.