Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,529 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing (34941 Views)

Lagos Government Begins House-to-house Sharing Of Stimulus Package To The Aged / Lagos Government Brought Foodstuff To My Doorstep.. Have You Gotten Your Own? / Fayose Was Spotted With Okada Riders While Ekiti State Boils(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by kingovie12(m): 9:27pm On Nov 09, 2017
I don't support this at all
In my area now d rate of robbery is now high ehnnn

Rubbish country, clueless government angry angry
Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by ibedun: 9:39pm On Nov 09, 2017
kingovie12:
I don't support this at all
In my area now d rate of robbery is now high ehnnn

Rubbish counttry, clueless government angry angry

Shut up jare
Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by Emimade: 2:32am On Nov 10, 2017
I know right from the onset dt dis present government can't fit in into the shoes of Fashola. Just 2yrs down the lane , lagosisns ard yet to feel its impact, Dey just busy going about Federal Project for Pple to knw Dey are working, no one can convincingly Pojnt @ any completed Lagos state project dt wld benefit Pple.
Traffic has become a stiff in the neck n dis are tins Fashola already worked on
Lagos state has become so much dirty under the nostrils of Ambode. We Dnt nid hide it anymore. So annoying dt Lagos has gone back to its lawlessness its known for before Fashola came in
So many roads are no longer motor able, potholes everywhere, causing unneccesary traffic while bringing more hardship to the state
Show me anyone dt can convincingly drive down to Tincan 2nd gate from Mile 2, even Ambode cannot aw much more the commissioners, whoever dt plies dt road goes there wit the help of Bike
I can bet it wit u Pple who are scared of hitting the nail on the head
Be ready for anoda massive sack cos of dis irrelevant law.
Destroying so many markets without any alternative thereby converting dem to BRT park just because of his personal interest.
By the end of 2019. Lagosisns will pay wit their sweat.
Oshodi has become a no go area for non mobile Pple cos Dey wld drop one @ Kapa, dt one wld nid to trek has far as Charity to get a bus, HARDSHIP has suddenly taken over Lagos
And here we cum DECEMBER dt Lagos will be so tensed, I wonder aw Pple will meet up wit their staff bus Inconjunction wit the incompetent BRT drivers
I so much pity Ikorodu resident who aren't mobile.
Nothing seems to be working under dis Ambode Government
LSPWC are also complaining, TEACHERS are complaining.
Fashola gave free textbooks n notebooks, Ambode cancelled it
Despite FASH generating more revenue for him to work on whereby he's collecting double ALLOCATION from Fed dt FASH didn't collect, even at dt , dt didn't stop FASH performance.
Just bust enriching so many party loyalist. Busy buying fleets of cars n hilux for unneccery AGENCY, increasing COMMISSIONERS SALARY, while sucking the hell out of civil servant n private workers to pay Tax which efficient n prudent usage.
LAGOSISNS,
Go to the street besides OJA OBA local govt, the canal on dt road is as deep as 3.5ft deep, it's not motor able at all.
Am vexed. Aw do Dey want Pple dt reside far away from the major road to cum out of their houses, not even considering the pregnant mothers, the suck Pple dt nids urgent medical attention. Not everyone dt has a car n financially bouyant. Laws are meant to be flexible, we aren't under any MILITARY REGIME, dts why it is called A DEMOCRATIC GOVT, n all our LEGISLATORS are there folding their hands forgetting it wld still bounce back on dem either directly or indirectly.
Our MUMU don do, dis present govt has no plan for us at all.
I STAND FOR THE TRUTH.
Dis has nothing to do wit IPOB OR AFONJA. In as much as we all reside in Lagos n we pay our tax, every residence has the right to spit its mind.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by ImperialYoruba: 4:05am On Nov 10, 2017
whateverkay:
sad This is what you get when everyone wants to live in Lagos by fire by force. The number of ifesinashi buses shipping in IPOB almajiris to lagos on a daily basis is increasing by the day. These people have no economic plans in Lagos than to become traffic traders and okada riders. Once they are able to afford a room rent, they will start calling Lagos a no man's land like their mad fellows. They claim igboland has the highest mansions in the country yet they cant sit and thrive there. Their success in life is tied to Yoruba states yet they are always ungrateful and call Yoruba names at the least provocations.i support the clamp down on okada riders and fan yogo sellers. After all the population of yorubas riding okada is not up to 5%. These people must be dealt with so they can start respecting their host. The next clamp down should be on Alaba and Ladipo markets. Nonsense sad

I endorse this banner!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by Wisebisho: 4:24am On Nov 10, 2017
whateverkay:
sad This is what you get when everyone wants to live in Lagos by fire by force. The number of ifesinashi buses shipping in IPOB almajiris to lagos on a daily basis is increasing by the day. These people have no economic plans in Lagos than to become traffic traders and okada riders. Once they are able to afford a room rent, they will start calling Lagos a no man's land like their mad fellows. They claim igboland has the highest mansions in the country yet they cant sit and thrive there. Their success in life is tied to Yoruba states yet they are always ungrateful and call Yoruba names at the least provocations.i support the clamp down on okada riders and fan yogo sellers. After all the population of yorubas riding okada is not up to 5%. These people must be dealt with so they can start respecting their host. The next clamp down should be on Alaba and Ladipo markets. Nonsense sad
But they are still far better than you lazy Yoruba's who sits around to drink ogogoro throughout the day, cover face with masquerade, going around begging and flogging people for money.. If you don't know: 75 percent of new building's in Lagos are owned by Igbo's.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by Nobody: 4:27am On Nov 10, 2017
Wisebisho:

But they are still far better than you lazy Yoruba's who sits around to drink ogogoro throughout the day, cover face with masquerade, going around begging and flogging people for money.. If you don't know: 75 percent of new building's in Lagos are owned by Igbo's.

Yorubas feed u people in Lagos

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by ibedun: 5:42am On Nov 10, 2017
Wisebisho:

Wow! 75%? Where did you get that? So you think lagos state will become igboland or what?
Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by moufan: 7:10am On Nov 10, 2017
Emimade:
I know right from the onset dt dis present government can't fit in into the shoes of Fashola. Just 2yrs down the lane , lagosisns ard yet to feel its impact, Dey just busy going about Federal Project for Pple to knw Dey are working, no one can convincingly Pojnt @ any completed Lagos state project dt wld benefit Pple.
Traffic has become a stiff in the neck n dis are tins Fashola already worked on
Lagos state has become so much dirty under the nostrils of Ambode. We Dnt nid hide it anymore. So annoying dt Lagos has gone back to its lawlessness its known for before Fashola came in
So many roads are no longer motor able, potholes everywhere, causing unneccesary traffic while bringing more hardship to the state
Show me anyone dt can convincingly drive down to Tincan 2nd gate from Mile 2, even Ambode cannot aw much more the commissioners, whoever dt plies dt road goes there wit the help of Bike
I can bet it wit u Pple who are scared of hitting the nail on the head
Be ready for anoda massive sack cos of dis irrelevant law.
Destroying so many markets without any alternative thereby converting dem to BRT park just because of his personal interest.
By the end of 2019. Lagosisns will pay wit their sweat.
Oshodi has become a no go area for non mobile Pple cos Dey wld drop one @ Kapa, dt one wld nid to trek has far as Charity to get a bus, HARDSHIP has suddenly taken over Lagos
And here we cum DECEMBER dt Lagos will be so tensed, I wonder aw Pple will meet up wit their staff bus Inconjunction wit the incompetent BRT drivers
I so much pity Ikorodu resident who aren't mobile.
Nothing seems to be working under dis Ambode Government
LSPWC are also complaining, TEACHERS are complaining.
Fashola gave free textbooks n notebooks, Ambode cancelled it
Despite FASH generating more revenue for him to work on whereby he's collecting double ALLOCATION from Fed dt FASH didn't collect, even at dt , dt didn't stop FASH performance.
Just bust enriching so many party loyalist. Busy buying fleets of cars n hilux for unneccery AGENCY, increasing COMMISSIONERS SALARY, while sucking the hell out of civil servant n private workers to pay Tax which efficient n prudent usage.
LAGOSISNS,
Go to the street besides OJA OBA local govt, the canal on dt road is as deep as 3.5ft deep, it's not motor able at all.
Am vexed. Aw do Dey want Pple dt reside far away from the major road to cum out of their houses, not even considering the pregnant mothers, the suck Pple dt nids urgent medical attention. Not everyone dt has a car n financially bouyant. Laws are meant to be flexible, we aren't under any MILITARY REGIME, dts why it is called A DEMOCRATIC GOVT, n all our LEGISLATORS are there folding their hands forgetting it wld still bounce back on dem either directly or indirectly.
Our MUMU don do, dis present govt has no plan for us at all.
I STAND FOR THE TRUTH.
Dis has nothing to do wit IPOB OR AFONJA. In as much as we all reside in Lagos n we pay our tax, every residence has the right to spit its mind.
hahahaha,go back to your village then.
everybody knows ambode has done remarkably and creditably well in lagos.
Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by moufan: 7:13am On Nov 10, 2017
blessingsonflee:
The same bike that he ( Akinwunmi Ambode) used to contest during election is what he is banning. Tomorrow now, he will say he wants to contest for another term. He don write him failure with him hands. The traffic in Lagos is something else. Banning bikes from major roads does not even make sense. You can't force me to be in traffic for hours without an option of bike
pls stop talking trash, where did ambode use bike to campaign
Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by chernest2002: 7:18am On Nov 10, 2017
whateverkay:
so after writing this thrash, 87 likes were given to you, this shows how Nigeria became one.
Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 10, 2017
tsdarkside:

you cant complain about the igbos...they are not stopping you from immigrating to the yeast......

Who wants to go to the east? We yorubas can't go there as there is nothing for us there ooo. We are really suffering the mass migration of the Igbo's to our land. All our roads are getting bad because of them.
Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 10, 2017
whateverkay:

I fully endorse this comment and I wholly adopt it as mine. Something needs to be done about the mass migration of igbos to Yorubaland as our infrastructure is suffering and we don't get to be compensated by the Government. The bad part is that yorubas can't go to igbo land as the place is a barren and unproductive land that lies in waste!

In a couple of years time, we would begin to witness xenophobic attacks in Yorubaland because the sons and daughters of oduduwa would not be able to tolerate the massive influx of ipob/igbo scoundrels into our land. These people only bring crime, hate and alien vices into Yorubaland. I sis creepy do hope the SW Governors look into theses problems with a view to check mating the migration problem which the Igbos have created. Enough with igbo in SW. We do not want any more igbo in our lands.

May God continue to bless the Yoruba race and people . Selah

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by ibedun: 8:34am On Nov 10, 2017
Alcatraz005:

I fully endorse this comment and I wholly adopt it as mine. Something needs to be done about the mass migration of igbos to Yorubaland as our infrastructure is suffering and we don't get to be compensated by the Government. The bad part is that yorubas can't go to igbo land as the place is a barren and unproductive land that lies in waste!

In a couple of years time, we would begin to witness xenophobic attacks in Yorubaland because the sons and daughters of oduduwa would not be able to tolerate the massive influx of ipob/igbo scoundrels into our land. These people only bring crime, hate and alien vices into Yorubaland. I sis creepy do hope the SW Governors look into theses problems with a view to check mating the migration problem which the Igbos have created. Enough with igbo in SW. We do not want any more igbo in our lands.

May God continue to bless the Yoruba race and people . Selah

We have to organise ourselves and start shouting from the roof top. This unnatural and crazy migration has got to stop. The allocation going to igbo states must now be reduced to compensate Yoruba state. We have over indulged these ungrateful uncivilised people from that barren land....

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by ibedun: 8:36am On Nov 10, 2017
tsdarkside:

you cant complain about the igbos...they are not stopping you from immigrating to the yeast......

Who wants to go to your useless land? Like asking Americans to go and live in Chad.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by blessingsonflee(f): 8:44am On Nov 10, 2017
moufan:
pls stop talking trash, where did ambode use bike to campaign
Jamb question no.1 e be like say dem never born u when him enter office.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by ugolinze123(m): 8:53am On Nov 10, 2017
whateverkay:

Sorry bro...u just got MAD! now bt u dont have any idea...so sorry it has to start this way. Idi*t!
Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by murmee: 9:04am On Nov 10, 2017
Okada riding should not have been allowed to flourish in Nigeria in the first instance. It is a most uncivilized and dangerous way to convey people around.

Thousands of young men come to Lagos from far away States of Nigeria and from neighboring countries like Niger, Chad, Benin Republic, etc just to do Okada. They are a manace to other road users especially pedestrians.

The most worrisome part is that they provide a fast getaway transportation for armed robbers, pickpockets, and kidnappers.

The Lagos Task Force should move swiftly to the Lagos Business District of Balogun, Idumota, Adeniji Adele, Marina, Tinubu Square and CMS etc and get rid of the Okada riders. Shopping is supposed to be a pleasure but the Okadas have turned it into a horror with their menace in those areas.

Lastly, the Lagos State Government cannot provide jobs for thousands of people that migrate to Lagos every day.
Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 10, 2017
ibedun:

We have to organise ourselves and start shouting from the roof top. This unnatural and crazy migration has got to stop. The allocation going to igbo states must now be reduced to compensate Yoruba state. We have over indulged these ungrateful uncivilised people from that barren land....

We have to submit memoranda to the Government to help us nip the migration menace in the bud.
Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by moufan: 10:01am On Nov 10, 2017
blessingsonflee:
Jamb question no.1 e be like say dem never born u when him enter office.
show me now.

pls stop displaying your ignorance online,it is deeply embarassing for you
Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by cpapa: 10:05am On Nov 10, 2017
ibedun:

Shut up jare
capital letter MUMU dats wat u are
Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by youngsahito(m): 10:30am On Nov 10, 2017
LadyGoddiva:
Sorry no vex you must be an okada rider
am not but try to be reasonable sometimes... no one knows tommorow.
Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by blessingsonflee(f): 12:48pm On Nov 10, 2017
moufan:
show me now.

pls stop displaying your ignorance online,it is deeply embarassing for you
you are the ignorant one here Mr.bufon ! I'm embarrassed for you.
Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by kuntash: 12:59pm On Nov 10, 2017
comos:

Lagos dose not belongs to yoruba only,

It belongs to all Nigeria,

Igbos, Hausas, Ipob, Almajiri, e.t.c are entitle to Lagos.

Guy you are either a very young person or you have an innocent mindset devoid of any tribal sentiments usually linked with your upbringing..

But I tell you bro , wake up to the reality .. did you see the likes that comment got? That should tell you something..

You must know thyself and where you come from ..
Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by comos: 1:20pm On Nov 10, 2017
kuntash:

Guy you are either a very young person or you have an innocent mindset devoid of any tribal sentiments usually linked with your upbringing..

But I tell you bro , wake up to the reality .. did you see the likes that comment got? That should tell you something..

You must know thyself and where you come from ..

Lagos belongs to all Nigerian

It is the melting pot of all tribes in Nigeria because it was the former capital city of the country.

That is why the Federal Government up till today still have a very large influence in Lagos
Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by Makschinchin: 4:30pm On Nov 10, 2017
No wonder the number of policemen riding bikes now have increased grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos From The Federal Executive Council Meeting Today / Atiku Abubakar Pays For Aisha Haruna, An Orphan's Hospital Bills On Christmas / South African Newspaper, IOL, Knocks Buhari Over Frequent Foreign Medical Trips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.