Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu (27291 Views)

Pa Femi Okunnu And Retired Justice Oluwo Singing Their Former School Anthem / Lateef Femi Okunnu: It Is Rubbish For Ohanaeze To Ask For Slots In Lagos Cabinet / Afenifere To Tinubu: You Can Give Your House As Cattle Colony, Not Yorubaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by TheKingIsHere: 10:37am On Nov 10, 2017
bakynes:

The majority were never Benin. It was only the Benin soldiers invited to protect the Aworis against the Dahomey Warriors invasion.

The only place you can find Predominant Benin is in Edo land.

So you want to take the part were the professor said Lagos is yoruba land but leave the part were he said that Lagos populace was predominantly Bini?

See humans? grin

You want to take the part that soothes you and ignore the rest.

Like I said, Lagos belongs to the Benin Kingdom. No amount of twisting can change this fact.

This is oba of Lagos visiting the former oba of Benin.

The alliance has always been there.

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by bakynes(m): 10:40am On Nov 10, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

So you want to take the part were the professor said Lagos is yoruba land but leave the part were he said that Lagos populace was predominantly Bini?

See humans? grin

You want to take the part that soothes you and ignore the rest.

Like I said, Lagos belongs to the Benin Kingdom. No amount of twisting can change this fact.

This is oba of Lagos visiting the former oba of Benin.

The alliance has always been there.

Which Lagos? Lagos Island or Lagos state? Because Epe,Ikorodu are Ijebu land. Surulere down to Ikeja,Ipaja to Mushin are Awori land.

At least Benin had nothing to do in those places are they also Benin land.

You don't even know Ondo and Ekiti were under the Benin Empire pre-colonial era does that make them Benin land.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by baysol: 10:41am On Nov 10, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

No one is disputing the part of the aworis.. But say the truth as it is, the people of Benin were predominantly in Lagos. Even this professor stated it clearly that:

So, the aworis were there no doubt but majority of the populace were Benin.

The oba of Lagos should give more lecture on this.

Come omoale, HOW LAGOS HISTORY COME TAKE CONCERN YOU EVIL IPOB ANIMAL? Lagos is Yoruba Land and the dominant language there is Yoruba for your information ignoramus ostrich. Even you have to speak Yoruba in Lagos to survive your sorry ipob ass in Yoruba land. Very soon you will see the wind of change that will consume yall evil Biafrans as a cleansing for Lagos the Land of Omoluabis (Yorubas) for ever. Lobatan.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 10, 2017
baysol:

Come omoale, HOW LAGOS HISTORY COME TAKE CONCERN YOU EVIL IPOB ANIMAL? Lagos is Yoruba Land and the dominant language there is Yoruba for your information ignoramus ostrich. Even you have to speak Yoruba in Lagos to survive your sorry ipob ass in Yoruba land. Very soon you will see the wind of change that will consume yall evil Biafrans as a cleansing for Lagos the Land of Omoluabis (Yorubas) for ever. Lobatan.
Lagos population is 51% Igbo grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by baysol: 10:43am On Nov 10, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

No one is disputing the part of the aworis.. But say the truth as it is, the people of Benin were predominantly in Lagos. Even this professor stated it clearly that:

So, the aworis were there no doubt but majority of the populace were Benin.

The oba of Lagos should give more lecture on this.

Come omoale, HOW LAGOS HISTORY COME TAKE CONCERN YOU EVIL IPOB ANIMAL? Lagos is Yoruba Land and the dominant language there is Yoruba for your information ignoramus ostrich. Even you have to speak Yoruba in Lagos to survive your sorry ipob ass in Yoruba land. Very soon you will see the wind of change that will consume yall evil Biafrans as a cleansing for Lagos the Land of Omoluabis (Yorubas) for ever. Sarrki I feel you. Lobatan.
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Leez(m): 10:43am On Nov 10, 2017
giftq:
grin grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by TheKingIsHere: 10:43am On Nov 10, 2017
bakynes:

OK let's assume Benin owns Lagos Island. So is Benin the owner of other parts of the Western region which was merged with Eko to form Lagos State? Places like Lekki,Ajah,Ikorodu,Epe,Ipaja,Mushin, Yaba, Surulere,Ojuelegba, Isolo etc all with Yoruba names.

Please answer these question.
You are only coming up with mere assumptions not a tangible evidence. Oba of Lagos says that Lagos belong to the Benin Kingdom. Even this professor that you supported said that the Benin populace were predominant in Lagos. They never mentioned Lagos island. They referred to the entire state.

That's why the whole Lagos(not just Lagos island) is called Eko which is a Benin word.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by TheKingIsHere: 10:46am On Nov 10, 2017
baysol:

You see, when they cant argue constructively they start to throw insults. You can cry me a river but fact is Lagos belongs to the Benin Kingdom. Pele.

But a good news is that osogbo is purely yoruba land. grin

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by orisa37: 10:46am On Nov 10, 2017
Eko is Oduduwa(Yoruba) Mainland.
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Leez(m): 10:47am On Nov 10, 2017

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Leez(m): 10:48am On Nov 10, 2017
sarrki:
Visible to the blind
Audible to the deaf
Land grabbers are ungrateful being
You accommodate them yet they turn against the host

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Leez(m): 10:48am On Nov 10, 2017
sarrki:
Visible to the blind
Audible to the deaf
Land grabbers are ungrateful being
You accommodate them yet they turn against the host

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by bakynes(m): 10:49am On Nov 10, 2017
TheKingIsHere:
You are only coming up with mere assumptions not a tangible evidence. Oba of Lagos says that Lagos belong to the Benin Kingdom. Even this professor that you supported said that the Benin populace were predominant in Lagos. They never mentioned Lagos island. They referred to the entire state.

That's why the whole Lagos(not just Lagos island) is called Eko which is a Benin word.
That is why I said you are not ready to learn the truth, see Lagos Island is the place called Lagos Originally which has ties with Benin, after amalgamation some parts of the western region were included to Eko(Lagos) to form Lagos State.

All those places I mentioned which make up 90% of Lagos state today are undisputed Yoruba Land. They have no ties with Benin at all, they were under the control of Awujale of Ijebu land and Olota of Ota(Awori)

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 10, 2017
Meanwhile we continue to prepare for the Igbo governor of Lagos state grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Goke7: 10:50am On Nov 10, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

@the bolded, this is error, the oba of Lagos domain does not extend beyond the small lagos island, you guys should be properly educated. The oba of lagos is not the oba of lagos state. Other parts of the lagos metropolis have always had their obas till this very day. Even the oba of lagos knows his limitations. The contention of Lagos owned by the binis is the island or you want to include places like mowe, ibafo, ikorodu, badagry as belonging to the binis too?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by jackdalport: 10:51am On Nov 10, 2017
Alajiki:

What are you saying. The entire south east region is barely bigger than Oyo State in land mass. The city of Ibadan alone is bigger than entire Enugu State. Google is your friend.
don't also forget the sokoto is bigger than the whole of south west ,the whole of borno is twice the size of south west and Lagos is the smallest state

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by bakynes(m): 10:52am On Nov 10, 2017
Goke7:

@the bolded, this is error, the oba of Lagos domain does not extend beyond the small lagos island, you guys should be properly educated. The oba of lagos is not the oba of lagos state. Other parts of the lagos metropolis have always had their obas till this very day. Even the oba of lagos knows his limitations. The contention of Lagos owned by the binis is the island or you want to include places like mowe, ibafo, ikorodu, badagry as belonging to the binis too?
That is what I have been telling that guy, the part that has ties with the Benin is Lagos Island called Eko other parts are undisputed Yoruba Land that has no ties to the Benin Kingdom.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by baysol: 10:52am On Nov 10, 2017
giftq:

.....meaning the 51% in your maggot infected brain will be cleansed with the coming wind of change. Lobatan.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 10, 2017
baysol:

.....meaning the 51% in your maggot infected brain will be cleansed with the coming wind of change. Lobatan.
heheheheheheheh
Just bow down and worship at the feet of your Gambari masters.
Lagos is 51% Igbo grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Goke7: 10:57am On Nov 10, 2017
bakynes:

That is why I said you are not ready to learn the truth, see Lagos Island is the place called Lagos Originally which has ties with Benin, after amalgamation some parts of the western region were included to Eko(Lagos) to form Lagos State.

All those places I mentioned which make up 90% of Lagos state today are undisputed Yoruba Land. They have no ties with Benin at all, they were under the control of Awujale of Ijebu land and Olota of Ota(Awori)
I think it's high time the 'oba of lagos' title is redesigned to 'oba of lagos island' to stop this confusion. Even the present oba of lagos seems to be taking advantage even though he knows the boundary of his domain. Those who are not educated enough thinks he is the oba of Lagos state and that once he speaks, he is also speaking for those in badagry, epe or ikorodu.

Lots of folks don't even know epe is divided into two and has two obas, truly our school education na wash

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by bakynes(m): 11:05am On Nov 10, 2017
Goke7:

I think it's high time the 'oba of lagos' title is redesigned to 'oba of lagos island' to stop this confusion. Even the present oba of lagos seems to be taking advantage even though he knows the boundary of his domain. Those who are not educated enough thinks he is the oba of Lagos state and that once he speaks, he is also speaking for those in badagry, epe or ikorodu.

Lots of folks don't even know epe is divided into two and has two obas, truly our school education na wash
I agree totally with you, even Akiolu himself is not a Benin Man, he is Awori(Yoruba man) very simple history the Local indigene(Awori) Asked for help from the Oba of Benin to help fight Invading Dahomey warriors and they asked the Benin emissaries to stay and that was how the place was named Eko and the kingship started. 3 generations down the line the Oba didn't bare a son and that was how his daughter married an indigene(awori) and the kingship went back to the locals.

Many of this Igbo folks don't even know Ondo and Ekiti were under the Benin Empire just like Lagos does that make Ondo and Ekiti Benin land. Even Onitsha was under Benin Empire and it's first king was a Benin Prince and so many other places in the Southern part of Nigeria.

Even the now Britain today was from the name Britannia is a Roman name when the Anglo saxins were under Roman Empire does that make Britain for the Romans? That's how Old Empire system is.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by PointB: 11:06am On Nov 10, 2017
tsdarkside:
i already said my own opinion over you major tribes...una no well a tall atalll...

we deltans shouldnt emulate them...they are all too crazy......

When are you going to stop posting that meaningless crappy eyesore of a picture. Does it make any sense to you, cos it doesn't for most people.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 10, 2017
tsdarkside:
i already said my own opinion over you major tribes...una no well a tall atalll...

we deltans shouldnt emulate them...they are all too crazy......
Delta Igbos on the move grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Leez(m): 11:12am On Nov 10, 2017
giftq:
heheheheheheheh Just bow down and worship at the feet of your Gambari masters. Lagos is 51% Igbo grin grin
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Goke7: 11:13am On Nov 10, 2017
bakynes:

I agree totally with you, even Akiolu himself is not a Benin Man, he is Awori(Yoruba man) very simple history the Local indigene(Awori) Asked for help from the Oba of Benin to help fight Invading Dahomey warriors and they asked the Benin emissaries to stay and that was how the place was named Eko and the kingship started. 3 generations down the line the Oba didn't bare a son and that was how his daughter married an indigene(awori).

Many of this Igbo folks don't even know Ondo and Ekiti were under the Benin Empire just like Lagos does that make Ondo and Ekiti Benin land. Even Onitsha was under Benin Empire and so many other places in the Southern part of Nigeria.

Even the now Britain today was from the name Britannia is a Roman name when the Anglo saxins were under Roman Empire does that make Britain for the Romans? That's how Old Empire system is.

guys these days just rely on stories they read on social media, no personal research to know historical facts. But it's high time the lagos oba stick to his domain and stop acting as if he is the oba of lagos state. He is the one giving these uneducated folks the mouth to argue to rubbish history.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by baysol: 11:13am On Nov 10, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

You see, when they cant argue constructively they start to throw insults. You can cry me a river but fact is Lagos belongs to the Benin Kingdom. Pele.

But a good news is that osogbo is purely yoruba land. grin

....he be like say the mod na ipob person on Yoruba owned blog my reply to a bygot has been erased. What a shame.
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by PointB: 11:13am On Nov 10, 2017
Billyonaire:
I disagree with Femi Okunnu on this; He is telling us the history of this land that I sit from 1861.

I am a researcher and there is compelling historical evidence pre-1800 that shows that the Portuguese were here long before the British showed up and battled the Portuguese as world power that they were and bullied the Portuguese out of this land.

Mr. Lekki, Mr. Fulo, Mr. Badagry and so many other guys from Portugal I prefer not to mention used this place as a slavehub in the 1500s and 1600s long before the Britons showed up. So, let us tell the history of Lagos, a Portuguese word, in truth. No one is interested in displacing the Yorubas, neither are the Yorubas trying to displace any other people. It is impossible, because even looking at it, Yoruba is not major language spoken in today's Lagos. It is English and Yorubas are not the majority of the tribes in Lagos, it is a cosmo-politan town.

Mr. Lekki, I have been to the village he ruled and use as Slave harbour and he gave instruction to be buried standing after the British stopped his slave merchant business and he refused to go back to Portugal, but his son did come after some years to exhume and cut off his head and take to Portugal.

Like I said, I research these things as I try to be very close to Indegenous people in order to find out the mystery behind attempts by successful leaderships of the world to destroy indigenous people, be it Aborigenes, Tibetans, Biafrans, Oduduwas etc

We must accept the fact that after the Bini people who camp here defeated the Ile Ife fishermen who also come to fish at the oceans and took over and named this place Eko, the Portugese slave merchant when they arrived called it Lagos. It was a free open place. But since the Yorubas dorminated the periphery of the place, it was only the possibility that when Nigiritia or Southern Soudan became Nigeria after amalgation of the diverse protectorates to eliminate the final strong-hold of the portugese, politics was in the hands of the people and the Yorubas were educated enough to migrate from their neighbouring villages to the seat of power from their nearby locale and concentrate in Lagos. If that is how Femi Okunnu come to his conclusion that Yorubas own Lagos, then he is right, but the word should be, that Yorubas were the highest the highest in population at a certain stage in the early days of Lagos and so may have had dorminant interest.

Lagos belongs to anyone who can afford a piece of her, but it is owned by the person that created the land and that person happens to live in every LandLord in this growing town.

Lagos is not a Yoruba State, it belongs to all. No emotion will stop this truth.

I will continue to tell the true story about this town using the true facts available, which I personally investigate as my curiosity drifts from one thing to the other in my continuous probe to becoming the greatest version of myself, God.

On point as always!
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 10, 2017
Leez:

grin grin
baysol is probably a native of Ogbomosho grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Lot13(m): 11:18am On Nov 10, 2017
Chommieblaq:

Did you actually read the post at all.
All of ya commenting and quick to call Igbos, commenting thrash and filled with hate, una sabi read at all?

"Want to hide something from a black man, put in a book" now I truly understand this statement.
Igbos in Lagos are the ones promoting this "no man's land" slogan, hoping to get the support of other non Yoruba resident in Lagos but it's a matter of time,we shall place them where they belong and we shall never forget this insult.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 10, 2017
Lot13:
Igbos in Lagos are the ones promoting this "no man's land" slogan, hoping to get the support of other non Yoruba resident in Lagos but it's a matter of time,we shall place them where they belong and we shall never forget this insult.
Please support ONE NIGERIA and reject ethnic bigotry / hate.

cc Leez, PointB

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by femolii: 11:21am On Nov 10, 2017
Alajiki:

What are you saying. The entire south east region is barely bigger than Oyo State in land mass. The city of Ibadan alone is bigger than entire Enugu State. Google is your friend.
good
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by bakynes(m): 11:23am On Nov 10, 2017
Goke7:

guys these days just rely on stories they read on social media, no personal research to know historical facts. But it's high time the lagos oba stick to his domain and stop acting as if he is the oba of lagos state. He is the one giving these uneducated folks the mouth to argue to rubbish history.
I agree but you know that place is the real Lagos the name was just adopted for the other parts that were included so it might be difficult to adjust it to Oba of Lagos Island.

We must keep countering the Igbos even though it's not something we shd be arguing about the ownership but if we allow lies to go on for so long it will eventually become the truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami / A Nairalander, Emeka Stanley, Officially Declares For Presidency Come 2023 / Fact-Check: Did DSS Arrest Aminu Muhammed On Aisha Buhari’s Directive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.