Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Do You Think The Teabaggers Are Racist? - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Do You Think The Teabaggers Are Racist? (5377 Views)

Map Shows World's 'Most Racist' Countries (and The Answers May Surprise You) / How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? / Are Libyans Ignorant Of Their Own Racial Makeup Or Just Plain Racist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think The Teabaggers Are Racist? by preselect(m): 8:07pm On Apr 12, 2010
this particular ''tea bagger'' you are talking about, is married to a witch. be careful before bats come calling at 3.00am under sniper fire grin
Re: Do You Think The Teabaggers Are Racist? by agathamari(f): 9:20pm On Apr 15, 2010
majority of them are not racist though a small percentage of them are. the ones criticizing obama or his policies are not racist, those criticizing obama's RACE are - see the difference. you can disagree with a person from another race and not be racist. you can even hate a person of another race and not be racist. but if you disagree or hate this person solely because of his race that is racism. i swear some people need to pick up a dictionary.
Re: Do You Think The Teabaggers Are Racist? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 15, 2010
agathamari:

majority of them are not racist though a small percentage of them are. the ones criticizing obama or his policies are not racist, those criticizing obama's RACE are - see the difference. you can disagree with a person from another race and not be racist. you can even hate a person of another race and not be racist. but if you disagree or hate this person solely because of his race that is racism. i swear some people need to pick up a dictionary.

you're being overly simplistic. you forget that so many racists are not OVERT in their racism. So many have succesfully couched their racism in plenty of rubris by claiming they are merely criticizing "policies". Policies like "increased taxes" that dont exist, death panels that dont exist, government spending that was required to halt the recession, the bailouts they didnt protest when Bush proposed it . . . i can go on and on with the cognitive dissonance.
Re: Do You Think The Teabaggers Are Racist? by agathamari(f): 6:00pm On Apr 16, 2010
davidylan:

you're being overly simplistic. you forget that so many racists are not OVERT in their racism. So many have succesfully couched their racism in plenty of rubris by claiming they are merely criticizing "policies". Policies like "increased taxes" that dont exist, death panels that dont exist, government spending that was required to halt the recession, the bailouts they didnt protest when Bush proposed it . . . i can go on and on with the cognitive dissonance.
those people are listening to propoganda, some republican in an attempt to skew public opinion started spreding that shit and instead of spending time to get the facts they listen to it, democrats do the same thing when repeblicans are in office. there were huge protests when bush did his bailout - just democrats tend to be less violent in thier protests. this is nothing new. it is the same shit for the last 250+ years and will be the same in the next 250+ years, those who think otherwise dont know thier history very well.
Re: Do You Think The Teabaggers Are Racist? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 16, 2010
agathamari:

those people are listening to propoganda, some republican in an attempt to skew public opinion started spreding that poo and instead of spending time to get the facts they listen to it, democrats do the same thing when repeblicans are in office. there were huge protests when bush did his bailout - just democrats tend to be less violent in thier protests. this is nothing new. it is the same poo for the last 250+ years and will be the same in the next 250+ years, those who think otherwise dont know thier history very well.

Go read up on the latest NYT/CBS poll on the teabaggers.
Re: Do You Think The Teabaggers Are Racist? by agathamari(f): 6:47pm On Apr 16, 2010
davidylan:

Go read up on the latest NYT/CBS poll on the teabaggers.
you take a POLL as fact now but if cbs did a poll on wether or not people thought nigerians were scam artist you would protest what does a poll mean its only propaganda. you see a crowd of 100 people- one has a sigh that is racist while the other 99 are just as disgusted by said sign as the viewers - people on tv still ASSUME all 100 are racist. mob mentality at its finest. as i stated before some, most are not. look back at previous news articles and videos of them. the racist idiots came after the protest was already well organized, not in the beging - they want publicity
Re: Do You Think The Teabaggers Are Racist? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 16, 2010
agathamari:

you take a POLL as fact now but if cbs did a poll on wether or not people thought nigerians were scam artist you would protest what does a poll mean its only propaganda. you see a crowd of 100 people- one has a sigh that is racist while the other 99 are just as disgusted by said sign as the viewers - people on tv still ASSUME all 100 are racist. mob mentality at its finest. as i stated before some, most are not. look back at previous news articles and videos of them. the racist idiots came after the protest was already well organized, not in the beging - they want publicity

I'm not taking a poll as fact, no one has ever said a poll is fact. It is simply a fair representation of the facts. Its quite funny that teabaggers seem to be united on just ONE point - their extreme distaste of Obama. Beyond that there is no consensus on what their issues really are.

I will give you one thing though . . . the REAL tea baggers were Ron Paul libertarians who were certainly not racists and had legitimate issues.
Re: Do You Think The Teabaggers Are Racist? by TayoD1(m): 1:33am On Apr 17, 2010
@agathamari,

those people are listening to propoganda, some republican in an attempt to skew public opinion started spreding that poo and instead of spending time to get the facts they listen to it, democrats do the same thing when repeblicans are in office. there were huge protests when bush did his bailout - just democrats tend to be less violent in thier protests. this is nothing new. it is the same poo for the last 250+ years and will be the same in the next 250+ years, those who think otherwise dont know thier history very well.
I was in agreement with your post until the phrase in bold. Can you back it up with facts that Republicans are violent or more violent in their protests compared to Democrats? Do you want to go back through the history of domestic terrorism in the US and look at the politics of those involved?

Do you realise that the few times violence was present at any tea party gathering was Democrats sending their thugs to beat up on the protesters? Do you know they send in their people to cause destruction with the hope of pinning it on the Tea Pary folks? How about the latest lie by some Democratic Senators that they were verbally abused by Tea Pariers when they walked by? With all the cameras present at the event and that followed the Senators through the crowd, no one can produce a video to prove the allegation even though someone put out a $100,000 reward for anyone who can prove the abuse with a video evidence.

Don't be deceived by these liars/liberals. They are the violent ones and are only irked that protest against govt, which until recently has been their exclusive preserve is now done by the conservatives.
Re: Do You Think The Teabaggers Are Racist? by paddylo1(m): 10:27pm On Apr 17, 2010
well u should know the saying by now. . .

Not all teabaggers are Racists, but most racists are definately teabaggers and identify with the teabaggers
so go figure
Re: Do You Think The Teabaggers Are Racist? by preselect(m): 10:54pm On Apr 17, 2010
Tayo-D:

@agathamari,
I was in agreement with your post until the phrase in bold. Can you back it up with facts that Republicans are violent or more violent in their protests compared to Democrats? Do you want to go back through the history of domestic terrorism in the US and look at the politics of those involved?

Do you realise that the few times violence was present at any tea party gathering was Democrats sending their thugs to beat up on the protesters? Do you know they send in their people to cause destruction with the hope of pinning it on the Tea Pary folks? How about the latest lie by some Democratic Senators that they were verbally abused by Tea Pariers when they walked by? With all the cameras present at the event and that followed the Senators through the crowd, no one can produce a video to prove the allegation even though someone put out a $100,000 reward for anyone who can prove the abuse with a video evidence.

Don't be deceived by these liars/liberals. They are the violent ones and are only irked that protest against govt, which until recently has been their exclusive preserve is now done by the conservatives.
i couldnt agree more with this ''gospel according to tayo D''
unlike the democrats, the tea baggers are veru civilised and respectful, fighting for their rights which the demonic obama administration/regime has destroyed. while the liberals lie a lot, the tea bagers carry out their demonstrations honorably as testified by this 48 seconds video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ik4f1dRbP8

isnt tayo a wonderful truth teller?
Re: Do You Think The Teabaggers Are Racist? by coldhearts(f): 1:32am On Apr 22, 2010
Almost all teabaggers if not all are racist and that is pretty much common knowledge  wink
anyone saying otherwise is just laughable  grin lol
Re: Do You Think The Teabaggers Are Racist? by TayoD1(m): 8:04pm On Apr 24, 2010
@pres_elect,

i couldnt agree more with this ''gospel according to tayo D''
unlike the democrats, the tea baggers are veru civilised and respectful, fighting for their rights which the[b] demonic obama administration/regime [/b] has destroyed. while the liberals lie a lot, the tea bagers carry out their demonstrations honorably as testified by this 48 seconds video.
Taken out of contect, I agree totally with everything you wrote and higlighted in bold above. tongue

We are talking about violence and you are here with an orchestrated Democrat Party video that does not even counter my claim.
Re: Do You Think The Teabaggers Are Racist? by preselect(m): 9:14pm On Apr 24, 2010
of course i know you agree with them, that is why i put it there tongue

civilised dude grin grin
Re: Do You Think The Teabaggers Are Racist? by TayoD1(m): 4:00am On Apr 25, 2010
@topic,

And on the Tea-Partiers being violent, here's a very brilliant article by Mark Stein. Enjoy!

http://article.nationalreview.com/432436/not-too-hip-and-edgy-for-censorship/mark-steyn
Re: Do You Think The Teabaggers Are Racist? by preselect(m): 9:10pm On Apr 26, 2010
tayo my man cheesy . . . tayo na wa o.

why u de do like this now? see as foreign affairs section come dull. all bc u have refused to bring comprehensive debate on the floor. even kobojunkie has fled this section. why now?

pls you guys should make some annoying statements and let us keep this section flowing. other sections are doing better.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd / 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) / Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.