Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,354 members, 7,846,529 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Will Those Canvassing For Secession Do So If There Is No Oil In Their Region - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Those Canvassing For Secession Do So If There Is No Oil In Their Region (1683 Views)

Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? / Tinubu Denies Sending SMS Canvassing Votes For Jonathan, Threatens Court Action / President Goodluck Jonathan Is Canvassing For My Support, But He Cannot Get It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Those Canvassing For Secession Do So If There Is No Oil In Their Region by olabukola: 4:22pm On Mar 22, 2010
@Poster

Am from SW and i dont need the Nigeria i need an Odua nation. Anybody from that south west that thinks otherwise is either a kid like sleezy and sefego or he or she is benefiting from the failed statues nature of Nigeria. Oil or no Oil Yorubas are not parasite we can stand on our own and can even do better than those nations that has oil.
Re: Will Those Canvassing For Secession Do So If There Is No Oil In Their Region by chosen04(f): 4:38pm On Mar 22, 2010
^^^^^"At the end of the day, supporters of one Nigeria are those benefiting from the injustices in the system and those blind to it"====Chosen04.
Re: Will Those Canvassing For Secession Do So If There Is No Oil In Their Region by sjeezy8: 4:40pm On Mar 22, 2010
Oil is not a bad thing what I wished for the FG to do is

1) Start drilling the Oil wells+ Gas found in the SW Lagos, Ogun,Ondo(though ondo is being drilled they have more)- I dont like relying on anything in the ND esp if my own area has it also.

Its not right for the ND's Oil money to be used in a time when we have no federalism and I Dont know if Oil wells in the SW will be tapped and when those states are sure there is federalism or what. Which is kinda looking deceitful and unfair.

And at the same time govt and opec nations might have some type of regulation on newly found Oil wells, which could be the reason why they havent been tapped.

AND plus Im tired of the clowns thinking their region is any more important than others, lmfao
Re: Will Those Canvassing For Secession Do So If There Is No Oil In Their Region by Beaf: 4:42pm On Mar 22, 2010
eleshin:

before d discovery of oil we were ok as a country,the cocoa frm west,groundnut frm north,palm oil frm east did sustain us then.

[size=14pt]I am sure you don't know that regions were autonomous at that time.[/size] Groundnut, palm oil and cocao have never ever sustained Nigeria. They sustained the regions in which they where found and nobody had to run to the FG for funds, instead the regions paid taxes.
Re: Will Those Canvassing For Secession Do So If There Is No Oil In Their Region by sjeezy8: 4:43pm On Mar 22, 2010
ITS PRETTY OBVIOUS THE CLOWN OLABUKOLA ISNT A YORUBA GUY LOL

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO BORED?
Re: Will Those Canvassing For Secession Do So If There Is No Oil In Their Region by igboboy1(m): 11:04am On Mar 23, 2010
sjeezy8:

ITS PRETTY OBVIOUS THE CLOWN OLABUKOLA ISNT A YORUBA GUY LOL

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO BORED?

And you are a mallam yoruba?

ANyways oil in ondo is predominantly in the Ijaw communities in Ondo state,

Na lack of exposure dey worry you sha, get out of your shell and visit other areas of Nigeria
Re: Will Those Canvassing For Secession Do So If There Is No Oil In Their Region by Becomrich17: 4:21pm On Mar 23, 2010
sjeezy8, Olubukola is a yoruba boy over 90% of Yorubas want us to leave nigeria, if they allow the united nation to do the voting.

And the oil in ondo state is in the ilaja area of ondo state and even in major oil in delta state is in ilaja area of delta state. even if we remove the ilaja area to ondo state. Delta  state would have little oil.

This is ijaw land in delta state. you can see how burutu is so small. and do you see oil well there. The ilaja portion of delta state is the area that have most of the oil. Stop the propaganda.

Here is the portion of delta state with the oil. they are yoruba names.

Re: Will Those Canvassing For Secession Do So If There Is No Oil In Their Region by Becomrich17: 4:35pm On Mar 23, 2010
The igbos have little close to 0% oil. river and akwa ibom have oil. nearly 70% they claim. But the igbos are running propaganda.
Re: Will Those Canvassing For Secession Do So If There Is No Oil In Their Region by bawomolo(m): 4:51pm On Mar 23, 2010
Beaf:

[size=14pt]I am sure you don't know that regions were autonomous at that time.[/size] Groundnut, palm oil and cocao have never ever sustained Nigeria. They sustained the regions in which they where found and nobody had to run to the FG for funds, instead the regions paid taxes.

it would be better if autonomous regions were brought back.

western region, eastern region, middle belt , midwest and northern region.
Re: Will Those Canvassing For Secession Do So If There Is No Oil In Their Region by Eziachi: 5:20pm On Mar 23, 2010
RoadStar:

Ahhhhh !

My brothers and sisters. U keep talking about dividing this country and leaving the North to go on their own.

What will happen to my people in Plataeu and Benue.

Do you want to leave us at the mercy of these aboki men ?

You cannot leave us to suffer alone. We must all stay together, whether you like it or not !

Good Morning to you. I never knew that I will be alive to see the day it will happen, so someone from Plateau now does not regard himself as a northerner?
Don’t worry at the end of Nigeria pray that Gowon, Dongoyaro, Danjuma and others will be alive to take you wherever they planned to take you or else, you are left at the mercy of your long term partners- those abokis
Re: Will Those Canvassing For Secession Do So If There Is No Oil In Their Region by bkbabe97: 5:29pm On Mar 23, 2010
Dede1:

Please do not waste your time replying to the shameless ill-educated vagabond parading as SEFAGO. The unimaginative contributor knows nothing towards his/her filthy fingers. Yet the lamb dung would want us to believe that he or she would trace his or her place of abode when left unguided. I read his or her balderdash on international law whereas the loony does not comprehend any sentence that made up the codes of international law.   

Jesus Christ of Ibo Land (oooopssss!!!! sOrry, I forgot ya'll are Jews.lol. Jews that have one of the highest rates of Catholics in the world. hahahahha)!!!! Do u have to use such language when writing? I mean its easier to get ur message across using everyday english, dont u think? u iant impressing noone except people like The Amaka, Mekuuyshit, Sonny Bobo, Andre Uweh and co
Re: Will Those Canvassing For Secession Do So If There Is No Oil In Their Region by lysaa(f): 11:57am On Mar 25, 2010
~Bluetooth:

the present land use act is a problem affecting not only the niger delta but other regions as wel which i disagree withl.the niger delta case is only prominent because of the over-dependence on oil.
I believe dependency is a function of availability. Yet isn't that the case of the entire Nigeria? The country shifted focus from agriculture to crude oil since its discovery. So who is over-dependent, the ones gifted with endowed lands or the ones taking advantage of them?
Re: Will Those Canvassing For Secession Do So If There Is No Oil In Their Region by otuism: 1:45pm On Mar 25, 2010
who told you naija is a united country? i will advice u to talk of other issues ok
Re: Will Those Canvassing For Secession Do So If There Is No Oil In Their Region by lannre(m): 2:08pm On Mar 25, 2010
Secession and the campaigner ! seems that are yet to know the implication as far as Nigeria is concern, what is the level of development from individual States now ? even with the allocation in their disposal . Racism withing each tribe ? will that solve the problem? Now to the question . It might not necessarily be the presence of Oil even with abundant wealth, where there is no good manager its as good as a waste. Those asking for secession are doing that on tribal issue and lack of Unity among the masses . The Elites will never talk about that Until their interest is affected. Nigerians wake up !
Re: Will Those Canvassing For Secession Do So If There Is No Oil In Their Region by Eziachi: 5:40pm On Mar 25, 2010
lannre:

Secession and the campaigner ! seems that are yet to know the implication as far as Nigeria is concern, what is the level of development from individual States now ? even with the allocation in   their disposal . Racism withing each tribe ? will that  solve the problem? Now to the question . It might not necessarily be the presence of Oil even with abundant wealth, where there is no good manager its as good as a waste. Those asking for secession are doing that on tribal issue and lack of Unity among the masses . The Elites will never talk about that Until their interest is affected. Nigerians wake up !   

Only unprogressive people always use today to judge tomorrow. There is problem in every family, every town or every village but that is not an excuse that each of those institution cannot exercise their independent. Nigeria is too big to be one country especially in a third world environment. There is no way you willgive a teacher 200 students to teach in one class and expect wonders, irrespective of the skill of the teacher.
Those who use the present governor of state to judge what tomorrow Oduduwa or Biafra will be like are judge poor students of history, as they should look back during the brief period Awolowo and Okpara ruled West/East purely from Ibadan and Enugu. It has nothing to do purely on tribal and even if that is the case, every country with a traditional root is based on mutual identity of which Nigeria doesn't have.
Most Easterners has more things in common with Cameroonians than they had with a man from Jigawa or Katsina and that is the bitter truth and the same for a man in Katsina with a man in Niger republic compared with a man from Ikot Ekpene.

(1) (2) (Reply)

₦600m Bakassi Fund Missing. / Opposition Parties Worry Over Incessant Defection ! / Some Achievements Of The Ministry Of Education In Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.