Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Christians Should Read This - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Should Read This (1131 Views)

10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. / Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate / Christians Should Not Drink Alcohol - Perry Stone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Should Read This by oluFELAxy(m): 4:12pm On Nov 11, 2017
IGNORANT VOICES FROM HELL!

By Leke Beecroft

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Matthew 16:18

If you are a believer and you are puzzled by the continuing attack against the Church, then you need to learn a few things. However if you are unfazed by it, then you probably have an understanding of the times. Let me make it categorically clear that the Church will NOT lose this battle. Ask Pharaoh... ask Sanballat and Tobias...ask Judas Iscariot...ask Saul (St Paul)...ask the adversaries of Martin Luther...ask those who mocked Seymour....ask those who called Idahosa 'Mushroom Pastor'...ask those who coined the proverb "as poor as a Church rat" ...ask Jim Obazee...and many others.

Please join me on this trip...We are obviously in the last days, a time so well spoken about in scriptures. A time for the Rising or Falling of many depending on whichever side of the divide you belong.

Jesus referring to this period prophesied:

"And because WICKEDNESS shall abound, the love of many will FREEZE (Wax Cold)

But he that shall ENDURE unto the END, the same shall be saved.

Matthew 24:12-13.

We are seeing these today before our very eyes. Where ignorant voices from hell want to hear everything evil happen to the Church and do not wish anything good for the Church. Truly, this desire can NOT be the Gospel. I went back in my thoughts over the years while verifying with facts where memory seemed to fail me and I have brought this list for all to ponder.

Let us look at the issues considered good for news and bad for news concerning the Church over the years.

The ones considered bad for news are hardly heard while the ones considered good for news almost always go viral.

1. For many years, Deeper Life Bible Church (DLBC) has been feeding the poor for free especially during her Retreats - Bad for news.

2. Deeper Life builds a #3 Billion Naira Church facility to cater for her teeming multitudes-(The Church comes under attack for not giving the money to the poor by people who probably have never cared for others) Good for news!

3. Redeemed Christian Church of God develops a forest into a sprawling city (Redemption Camp) at no cost to the government helping to decongest Lagos-(No one is interested) - Bad for news

4. Christ Embassy inspires and sponsors hundreds of youths talented in the music ministry-Bad for news.

5. Churches establish universities ensuring that many otherwise jobless academics are gainfully employed - Bad for news.

6. Covenant, JABU, BIU and Landmark Universities are among the 10 cheapest private universities - Bad for news.

7. David Oyedepo Foundation now gives about N500 million annually in her 24 year old scholarship scheme to indigent students-Bad for the news.

8. Covenant University in less than 20 years ranks amongst the top universities in Africa ahead of many much older Nigerian Universities-Bad for news.

9. Pastor Adeboye and wife build rehabilitation centre in Epe for youths overtaken by drug addiction - Bad for news.

10. Adeboye and Oyedepo clock 50 and 35 years in marriage respectively-Bad for the news.

11. Pastor Chris gets divorced - news goes viral.

12. Sinach, Eben, Frank Edwards, Buchi, Samsung, Joe Praize all inspired by Pastor Chris-Bad for the news.

13. Daystar equips 20,000 kids as they return to school-Bad for the news.

14. Bishop Oyedepo subsidises transport fare in hometown to #20-#50 per trip-Bad for the news.

15. RCCG builds 80km road connecting Ikorodu with Redemption Camp/Lagos-Ibadan Expressway-Bad for the news.

16. Oyedepo builds #100 million Townhall in Omu Aran-Bad for the news.

17. Ayo Oritsejafor gives cars, money, Keke, sewing machines, grinding machines to the poor-Bad for the news.

18. Oritsejafor receives jet gift-(He must sell and give the poor)-News goes viral.

19. Winner's Chapel in FACT does NOT own 4 jets-(This is not good for them)-Bad for the news.

20. Pastor Adeboye flies to Zambia, Botswana, CAR, Rwanda in private jet-(He should have flown Nigeria Airways (sic)-News goes viral.

21. Winners Chapel 's gift consignment largest ever received by Rwandan Government - Bad for news.

22. Winners Chapel Accesses Koma Hills with provisions - plants school, church- Bad for news.

23. Olukoya, MFM provides cars and cash for 1st class graduates in Unilag yearly - Bad for the news.

24. Prisoners testify of how Church missionaries led them to Christ, became better citizens-Bad for news.

25. Winners Chapel gives provisions, food, cash to Osun workers after being owed 8 months salary by State Government - Bad for news.

26. Christ Embassy feeds thousands of children daily in her Inner City Mission Scheme (who cares)-Bad for news.

27. Red Cross commends Oyedepo for largest consignment of welfare aid asides government since Nigerian Civil war (who cares)-Bad for news.

28. Landmark University operates largest scholarship scheme among Nigerian private universities--Bad for news.

29. Bishop Oyedepo sits in Church owned jet (Perhaps he should be standing)-News goes viral.

30. MFM invests heavily in football-(who cares)-Bad for news.

31. Living Faith Church under investigation in UK - News goes viral.

32. Living Faith Church commended for financial integrity by UK authorities after probe, named as a good example for other NGOs-Bad for news.

33. Nigerian Churches attract largest number of tourists to Nigeria - Bad for news.

34. Nigerian Churches infrastructural development among highest in Nigeria-(who cares ) -Bad for the news.

35. Nigerian Churches now the foremost player in education at all levels in Nigeria-Bad for news.

36. Covenant University generates her own electricity - Bad for news.

37. Faith Oyedepo 'paralysed'-News goes viral.

38. Faith Oyedepo totally healed -Bad for news.

39. Christ Embassy provides succour for tens if thousands in Haiti - Bad for news.

40. Sierra Leonean President thanks Winners Chapel for relief package to citizens - (who cares) - bad for news.

41. Oyedepo jets out to Sierra Leone, Liberia and Ghana (he should have driven a car or ridden a donkey like Jesus)-News goes viral.

42. Deeper Life spends #1.2 Billion on overhead bridge to stem traffic (who cares)-Bad for news.

The Church of Christ will never be able to please the Gates of Hell.

It's time to shake off the distraction.

Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the Word of God: whose Faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.
Hebrews 13:7.

For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with Faith in them that heard it.
Hebrews 4:2.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Should Read This by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 11, 2017
This compendium didn't go viral nor did it attract many likes either. Bad for news too, but no soldier entangles himself with worldly affairs. AWESOME COMPILATIONS

1 Like

Re: Christians Should Read This by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 11, 2017
Cc; lalasticlala
Re: Christians Should Read This by OtemSapien: 5:49pm On Nov 11, 2017
:

1. For many years, Deeper Life Bible Church (DLBC) has been feeding the poor for free especially during her Retreats - Bad for news.
The poor members contributed their monies to make sure they get fed during the retreat. The money didn't come out from the pocket of Kumuyi. Eventually, many of these members didn't get food to eat in such same retreat and they get stranded many times.

:

3. Redeemed Christian Church of God develops a forest into a sprawling city (Redemption Camp) at no cost to the government helping to decongest Lagos-(No one is interested) - Bad for news
How does decongestion of Lagos help anyone? Go to many underpopulated states in Nigeria and check how poor their economy are. Even USA is still accepting people into its nation to strengthen it more. Ask China how they are able to manage their overpopulated state and turn it to an advantage.

:
4. Christ Embassy inspires and sponsors hundreds of youths talented in the music ministry-Bad for news.
I will take you serious when I start seeing non-church members being sponsored by Christ Embassy. If they don't sponsor their members and choir members to stardom, is it me they should come and sponsor before? undecided

However, I appreciate them for the good they do, but if they did it out of their own pockets and bank accounts I would have appreciated them more.
But they should stop deceiving people that they are healing people while they can't heal an ant, that's the area I mostly disagree with pastors.
Re: Christians Should Read This by zionmde: 6:03pm On Nov 11, 2017
OtemSapien:
The poor members contributed their monies to make sure they get fed during the retreat. The money didn't come out from the pocket of Kumuyi. Eventually, many of these members didn't get food to eat in such same retreat and they get stranded many times.

How does decongestion of Lagos help anyone? Go to many underpopulated states in Nigeria and check how poor their economy are. Even USA is still accepting people into its nation to strengthen it more. Ask China how they are able to manage their overpopulated state and turn it to an advantage.

I will take you serious when I start seeing non-church members being sponsored by Christ Embassy. If they don't sponsor their members and choir members to stardom, is it me they should come and sponsor before? undecided
Search for the video online
Christ embassy sent representatives to benue to distribute relief materials they were also in borno camp, salvation ministries sent reliefs worth millions to benue, So those persons there were all their members abi?
Innercity the OP is talking about picks kids from the streets, tell me how those kids are their members.

Anyway its a waste of time responding to u, u are only known for jumping from one Christian thread to another saying wat u dont know
Re: Christians Should Read This by OtemSapien: 6:05pm On Nov 11, 2017
zionmde:

Search for the video online
Christ embassy sent representatives to benue to distribute relief materials they were also in borno camp, salvation ministries sent reliefs worth millions to benue, So those persons there were all their members abi?
Innercity the OP is talking about picks kids from the streets, tell me how those kids are their members.

Anyway its a waste of time responding to u, u are only known for jumping from one Christian thread to another saying wat u dont know
But how come we don't see all these 'wonderful' things they claim to do? Same way we haven't seen any sick person they claim to have healed?
Re: Christians Should Read This by zionmde: 6:37pm On Nov 11, 2017
OtemSapien:
But how come we don't see all these 'wonderful' things they claim to do? Same way we haven't seen any sick person they claim to have healed?
Now go back and carefully read the post again. that is wat the OP is saying.

About the healings, lets assumed they are staged, for every program Pst Chris, Bishop Oyedepo, Pst Adeboye etc have in nigeria up to at least 50 persons claims they are healed. lets assume that those 50persons are hired. That means every year not less than 10000 persons would be recruited for that purpose.And for more than 10yrs none of them has come out to expose the recruitment, even wen they part ways with their close associates who should know of the recruitment those associates dont expose them.
Ok
the same men of God go to UK, canada, USA that should be more sensitive to scams, yet never for one day has the police unraveled the scam upon all the hundreds that claims healing in programs. they even present medical reports, if those reports are fake, why has the police not gone after them or is it not a crime to present fake medical reports? Even in those programmes the country provides maximum security for scam miracles?

Healing school happens in canada every year with hundreds claiming to be healed and displaying medical reports publicly.
Now answer this question
WHY HAS THE GOVERNMENT NOT GONE AFTER THEM?
WHY IS IT THAT OUT OF THE THOUSANDS BEING RECRUITED BY THE MEN OF GOD I MENTIONED, NONE OF THEM HAVE COME OUT TO SAY THE TRUTH FOR OVER 10 YEARS NOW?
Re: Christians Should Read This by OtemSapien: 6:42pm On Nov 11, 2017
zionmde:

Now go back and carefully read the post again. that is wat the OP is saying.

About the healings, lets assumed they are staged, for every program Pst Chris, Bishop Oyedepo, Pst Adeboye etc have in nigeria up to at least 50 persons claims they are healed. lets assume that those 50persons are hired. That means every year not less than 10000 persons would be recruited for that purpose.And for more than 10yrs none of them has come out to expose the recruitment, even wen they part ways with their close associates who should know of the recruitment those associates dont expose them.
Ok
the same men of God go to UK, canada, USA that should be more sensitive to scams, yet never for one day has the police unraveled the scam upon all the hundreds that claims healing in programs. they even present medical reports, if those reports are fake, why has the police not gone after them or is it not a crime to present fake medical reports? Even in those programmes the country provides maximum security for scam miracles?

Healing school happens in canada every year with hundreds claiming to be healed and displaying medical reports publicly.
Now answer this question
WHY HAS THE GOVERNMENT NOT GONE AFTER THEM?
WHY IS IT THAT OUT OF THE THOUSANDS BEING RECRUITED BY THE MEN OF GOD I MENTIONED, NONE OF THEM HAVE COME OUT TO SAY THE TRUTH FOR OVER 10 YEARS NOW?
lemme teach you knowledge, people share testimonies by faith, got home and discovered that they still haven't got healing from what they testified about. They die in silence thereafter. It is not all about staging, but more about people testifying by faith and later dying of the sicknesses they testified about. I have testified by faith also too, but I alone have to battle my problems when it didn't go after already glorifying the name of Yahweh with my testimonies. The day I discovered that I was being fooled was the day all my problems vanished away.
Re: Christians Should Read This by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 11, 2017
OtemSapien:

How does decongestion of Lagos help anyone? Go to many underpopulated states in Nigeria and check how poor their economy are. Even USA is still accepting people into its nation to strengthen it more. Ask China how they are able to manage their overpopulated state and turn it to an advantage.j

However, I appreciate them for the good they do, but if they did it out of their own pockets and bank accounts I would have appreciated them more.
But they should stop deceiving people that they are healing people while they can't heal an ant, that's the area I mostly disagree with pastors.
most at times people write what the know nothing about, deeper life does not feed members free during any retreat. Am a member, and we are made to donate for the program. I worship in a small church in delta state where we are just 10 (6 adults and 5 children)members. our allocation for December retreat this year is 30 thousands naira. So the writer you quoted is a lair
Re: Christians Should Read This by OtemSapien: 6:48pm On Nov 11, 2017
yemi1261:
most at times people write what the know nothing about, deeper life does not feed members free during any retreat. Am a member, and we are made to donate for the program. I worship in a small church in delta state where we are just 10 members. our allocation for December retreat this year is 30 thousands naira. So the writer you quoted is a lair
hmm
Re: Christians Should Read This by zionmde: 6:58pm On Nov 11, 2017
OtemSapien:
lemme teach you knowledge, people share testimonies by faith, got home and discovered that they still haven't got healing from what they testified about. They die in silence thereafter. It is not all about staging, but more about people testifying by faith and later dying of the sicknesses they testified about. I have testified by faith also too, but I alone have to battle my problems when it didn't go after already glorifying the name of Yahweh with my testimonies. The day I discovered that I was being fooled was the day all my problems vanished away.
A woman declared barren by a doctor and after 10yrs of barrenes, a pastor prayed for her and in the next 1yr she comes to church with her baby. Teach me how?
A man declared blind by medical experts comes to a program receives healing and is able to count fingers How?
A woman whose womb was removed, she mentioned the hospital where the womb got removed, gets prayed for and the next year comes to dedicate a baby How? (Even the hospital she mentioned did not come out to refute the claim)
Teach me i want to learn
So all the hundreds of HIV positive people that came to testify with another report from the same hospital stating HIV negative all came to testify by faith. So tell me how?
Re: Christians Should Read This by OtemSapien: 7:15pm On Nov 11, 2017
zionmde:

A woman declared barren by a doctor and after 10yrs of barrenes, a pastor prayed for her and in the next 1yr she comes to church with her baby. Teach me how?
There is a power which many of you don't know about? This power is called the power of 'whatever will be will be' aka the 'power of coincidence'. The woman in her third year of barrenness has been going from pastors to pastors, no child. Fourth year she continued to go from pastors to pastors, no child. Fifth year she continued to go from pastors to pastors, no child. Six year the same thing, same as the seventh, eighth, ninth and then the tenth year after she has gone to more than fifty pastors for prayers, she got a child eventually and you call this a miracle? Nature has for everyone the date when his or her healing will come(if it doesn't come medically) and it doesn't have to do with whether you go about praying to have it or not. What if I tell you that 99% of the things I got came within two years of leaving religion for good. What if it happened while I was busy praying to have it, I would have thought that it was a miracle? Now before you can call this a miracle, call the woman and ask her if for the whole ten years she hasn't been praying about her problems. If she has never done it before or if any pastor has never prayed for her until the tenth year, then you can start thinking maybe there was a miracle, but not after many hits and misses.

:

A man declared blind by medical experts comes to a program receives healing and is able to count fingers How?
This is what we call staging. And if it isn't, then it falls back to testimonies by exaggerations. Many people who have partial blindness have testified themselves as blind people. They fool themselves and the whole flock of sheep with their testimonies.

:

A woman whose womb was removed, she mentioned the hospital where the womb got removed, gets prayed for and the next year comes to dedicate a baby How? (Even the hospital she mentioned did not come out to refute the claim)
Teach me i want to learn
A woman who isn't known to anybody that her womb was removed? A woman whom any hospital did not claim to have removed her womb? Did you do proper checks to verify that the hospital exist? Did you go there to make enquiries?

:

So all the hundreds of HIV positive people that came to testify with another report from the same hospital stating HIV negative all came to testify by faith. So tell me how?
There is a testimony sent to my mail about a pastor who deliberately gives people false reports of HIV positive, invites them to pastor's crusades and then when they return to him, he confirms that they are now HIV negative. This doctor said that pastors hire him and pay him for his job.

Many things are really happening, but until you scrutinise things properly, you won't get to discover. undecided
Re: Christians Should Read This by zionmde: 7:23pm On Nov 11, 2017
OtemSapien:
There is a power which many of you don't know about? This power is called the power of 'whatever will be will be' aka the 'power of coincidence'. The woman in her third year of barrenness has been going from pastors to pastors, no child. Fourth year she continued to go from pastors to pastors, no child. Fifth year she continued to go from pastors to pastors, no child. Six year the same thing, same as the seventh, eighth, ninth and then the tenth year after she has gone to more than fifty pastors for prayers, she got a child eventually and you call this a miracle? Nature has for everyone the date when his or her healing will come(if it doesn't come medically) and it doesn't have to do with whether you go about praying to have it or not. What if I tell you that 99% of the things I got came within two years of leaving religion for good. What if it happened while I was busy praying to have it, I would have thought that it was a miracle? Now before you can call this a miracle, call the woman and ask her if for the whole ten years she hasn't been praying about her problems. If she has never done it before or if any pastor has never prayed for her until the tenth year, then you can start thinking maybe there was a miracle, but not after many hits and misses.

This is what we call staging. And if it isn't, then it falls back to testimonies by exaggerations. Many people who have partial blindness have testified themselves as blind people. They fool themselves and the whole flock of sheep with their testimonies.

A woman who isn't known to anybody that her womb was removed? A woman whom any hospital did not claim to have removed her womb? Did you do proper checks to verify that the hospital exist? Did you go there to make enquiries?

There is a testimony sent to my mail about a pastor who deliberately gives people false reports of HIV positive, invites them to pastor's crusades and then when they return to him, he confirms that they are now HIV negative. This doctor said that pastors hire him and pay him for his job.

Many things are really happening, but until you scrutinise things properly, you won't get to discover. undecided
And that boils down to my question
Why are the most active security intelligence units in the developed countries where nigerian pastors go to perform miracles not discover the scam? Or are they purposely ignoring the scam and deceits?
Re: Christians Should Read This by OtemSapien: 7:25pm On Nov 11, 2017
zionmde:

And that boils down to my question
Why are the most active security intelligence units in the developed countries where nigerian pastors go to perform miracles not discover the scam? Or are they purposely ignoring the scam and deceits?
If you know what money can do, you won't be saying what you are saying.
Re: Christians Should Read This by zionmde: 7:43pm On Nov 11, 2017
OtemSapien:
If you know what money can do, you won't be saying what you are saying.
Really so they bribe international agents?
That is serious
Pastor Chris at the early stage of his Ministry went to uk and bribed the UK security agencies to conceal his scams?
Tell me more because this is the first time am hearing this. Even FBI has not discovered these bribery and scam or did they also bribe FBI.

I know u will get stuck at that question. i will give u more time go and research on the answer and come back
Re: Christians Should Read This by oluFELAxy(m): 7:56pm On Nov 11, 2017
I am more than dissapointed at your comment here and I am only responding because you are a Christian and a deeper life member. You said what is written in the Post is a lie and that people just post what they don't know about. I feel you have a dislike for Deeper Life Church within you and you have used this chance to make that know. This post is here to encourage Christians and let the world know that no matter how bad we are painted, we are not moved but are dependent on the love of Christ.

Just go back and read the post, it doesn't say you don't pay money for retreat, neither does it say Deeper Life feed members for free. It says Deeper Life Church feeds the POOR and uses the time of retreat as a great Avenue for that.

I beg you in the name of God to live up as a Christian ensuring that the Gospel is lived and spread to the ends of the earth. Stop the vexing and hatred.

yemi1261:
most at times people write what the know nothing about, deeper life does not feed members free during any retreat. Am a member, and we are made to donate for the program. I worship in a small church in delta state where we are just 10 (6 adults and 5 children)members. our allocation for December retreat this year is 30 thousands naira. So the writer you quoted is a lair
Re: Christians Should Read This by OtemSapien: 8:00pm On Nov 11, 2017
zionmde:

Really so they bribe international agents?
That is serious
Pastor Chris at the early stage of his Ministry went to uk and bribed the UK security agencies to conceal his scams?
Tell me more because this is the first time am hearing this. Even FBI has not discovered these bribery and scam or did they also bribe FBI.

I know u will get stuck at that question. i will give u more time go and research on the answer and come back
UK security agents won't poke noses into people's business so far no one is reporting scam. Sheeple won't report scams because they don't know that they are being scammed. Do you get it?
Re: Christians Should Read This by zionmde: 8:04pm On Nov 11, 2017
OtemSapien:
UK security agents won't poke noses into people's business so far no one is reporting scam. Sheeple won't report scams because they don't know that they are being scammed. Do you get it?
Even wen somebody forges a medical report to deceive the masses. Heyyyyyyyy guy na wa oooo.
Who exactly doesnt know he/she is being scammed, i thought the people who fake sicknesses are part of the scam, i dont understand. pls explain it together with the part u said UK doesnt care if someone is openly scamming other people with fake hospitals and medical reports
Re: Christians Should Read This by OtemSapien: 8:08pm On Nov 11, 2017
zionmde:

Even wen somebody forges a medical report to deceive the masses. Heyyyyyyyy guy na wa oooo.
Who exactly doesnt know he/she is being scammed, i thought the people who fake sicknesses are part of the scam, i dont understand. pls explain it together with the part u said UK doesnt care if someone is openly scamming other people with fake hospitals and medical reports
You mean there was a testimony from the UK hospitals? Pls present the links lemme check them out, pls.
Re: Christians Should Read This by zionmde: 8:15pm On Nov 11, 2017
OtemSapien:
You mean there was a testimony from the UK hospitals? Pls present the links lemme check them out, pls.
Omo see confusion.
Now go back and start afresh to read my questions again.
I know u ve got no answers, just trying to open ur nyash a little so that u dont go jumping around Christian threads as if u know wat to say.
Case closed
Re: Christians Should Read This by OtemSapien: 8:18pm On Nov 11, 2017
zionmde:

Omo see confusion.
Now go back and start afresh to read my questions again.
I know u ve got no answers, just trying to open ur nyash a little so that u dont go jumping around Christian threads as if u know wat to say.
Case closed
grin grin now I ask for links to foreign testimonies and he's closing the case grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Christians Should Read This by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 11, 2017
oluFELAxy:
I am more than dissapointed at your comment here and I am only responding because you are a Christian and a deeper life member. You said what is written in the Post is a lie and that people just post what they don't know about. I feel you have a dislike for Deeper Life Church within you and you have used this chance to make that know. This post is here to encourage Christians and let the world know that no matter how bad we are painted, we are not moved but are dependent on the love of Christ.

Just go back and read the post, it doesn't say you don't pay money for retreat, neither does it say Deeper Life feed members for free. It says Deeper Life Church feeds the POOR and uses the time of retreat as a great Avenue for that.

I beg you in the name of God to live up as a Christian ensuring that the Gospel is lived and spread to the ends of the earth. Stop the vexing and hatred.

my dear, thanks for your comment. I know quite well that you are doing your best for propagation of Christianity hence the reason for that epistle. However I want you to know that this religion was introduced to us by the white. Not what you yourself designed meaning you believed what you were told. I have been to different denominations. What do I keep getting?.. Disappointments! Am sorry to say this. Fine, the church is being persecuted now but I believe we brought it upon ourself. Christians are not united all. Everybody is practicing what their G. O believes. Currently like I said am a deeper life member. I joined because I thought they are really holy as people see them but I tell you I got disappointed again. You don't have to be disappointed in me at all. Iit is very clear churches are not helping. To me they milk us as give us little iin return. I have a friend who could not afford a public university. He approached his local pastor for help probably he could get him connected for free education in one of these church schools even though he is a committed member in............. Church. They told him to pay.
My friend I understand you very well and I appreciate what you said. I but I think we as Christians we need to be more serious. Denominationalism is not helping.
Re: Christians Should Read This by oluFELAxy(m): 7:42am On Nov 12, 2017
yemi1261:
my dear, thanks for your comment. I know quite well that you are doing your best for propagation of Christianity hence the reason for that epistle. However I want you to know that this religion was introduced to us by the white. Not what you yourself designed meaning you believed what you were told. I have been to different denominations. What do I keep getting?.. Disappointments! Am sorry to say this. Fine, the church is being persecuted now but I believe we brought it upon ourself. Christians are not united all. Everybody is practicing what their G. O believes. Currently like I said am a deeper life member. I joined because I thought they are really holy as people see them but I tell you I got disappointed again. You don't have to be disappointed in me at all. Iit is very clear churches are not helping. To me they milk us as give us little iin return. I have a friend who could not afford a public university. He approached his local pastor for help probably he could get him connected for free education in one of these church schools even though he is a committed member in............. Church. They told him to pay.
My friend I understand you very well and I appreciate what you said. I but I think we as Christians we need to be more serious. Denominationalism is not helping.

And that is why you should understand the true meaning of Christianity, stand for it and let others know. Christianity is in Christ, not our different churches or pastors. We have allowed the world to pain another picture of Christianity for us such that we are dependent on our pastors and churches for everything. Meanwhile our dependence should be on Christ.

We are called Christians on the virtue of the fact that we have become like Christ, remember what happened at Antioch. In fact, churches existed before the coming of Christ. The thing is Church is a place of fellowship, where believers get the opportunity to meet- it is as simple as that. And this gives opportunity for Christians to give to the Church and the Church give to people.

A church is a place you are taught to be a giver and not a receiver. Bearing it in mind that you will get help when you need it. The example of Barnabas in Acts 4 shows a man who gave to church expecting nothing, in fact the people who received from the Church were mostly the poor and widows. And a time came, the people felt like the Apostles were not distributing the things equally then Stephen and others were appointed. It might seem like the Church is not giving, but they are trying their best- you can't deny that.

You might say that the church is collecting much from you and giving small, you have to get your mind renewed by the studying of the word of God. While our prosperity is in God, our manifestation is necessarily not just in the church. If we are able to depend on God and not the Church, you can be certain He will make a way for you (through the church or some other means). Tell your friend who needs scholarship to depend on God and seek for divine guidance, it will shock you how the scholarship will happen (Is there anything to hard for God to do).

Let me just stop here.
Re: Christians Should Read This by Saverin: 10:17am On Nov 12, 2017
oluFELAxy

Typical response to backup the financial fraud going on in the house of God
Re: Christians Should Read This by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 12, 2017
oluFELAxy:

And that is why you should understand the true meaning of Christianity, stand for it and let others know. Christianity is in Christ, not our different churches or pastors. We have allowed the world to pain another picture of Christianity for us such that we are dependent on our pastors and churches for everything. Meanwhile our dependence should be on Christ.

We are called Christians on the virtue of the fact that we have become like Christ, remember what happened at Antioch. In fact, churches existed before the coming of Christ. The thing is Church is a place of fellowship, where believers get the opportunity to meet- it is as simple as that. And this gives opportunity for Christians to give to the Church and the Church give to people.

A church is a place you are taught to be a giver and not a receiver. Bearing it in mind that you will get help when you need it. The example of Barnabas in Acts 4 shows a man who gave to church expecting nothing, in fact the people who received from the Church were mostly the poor and widows. And a time came, the people felt like the Apostles were not distributing the things equally then Stephen and others were appointed. It might seem like the Church is not giving, but they are trying their best- you can't deny that.

You might say that the church is collecting much from you and giving small, you have to get your mind renewed by the studying of the word of God. While our prosperity is in God, our manifestation is necessarily not just in the church. If we are able to depend on God and not the Church, you can be certain He will make a way for you (through the church or some other means). Tell your friend who needs scholarship to depend on God and seek for divine guidance, it will shock you how the scholarship will happen (Is there anything to hard for God to do).

Let me just stop here.
Wow!.. Once again I love your comment. I understood everything you wrote here. I i thank God for your person. I love people like you. God will continue to support you. It will be my joy if all our churches can come together and erase denominationalism. By so doing we become indivisible and speak in one voice. At a point in my life I almost denounced Christianity. I became confused by what I hear and see in all these denominations. My quest to get the truth took me to virtually 5 to 6 the different churches. My dear am an advocate of true gospel. I have come across people who do not believe in the Bible. They see it as a mere write up to serve as reference and probably a tool to guide one's conscience. Even without the Bible, common sense is there to direct us. Let's use Bible as our reference now, Christians are expected to display Christ-like characters. But how many of our so called pastors or self acclaimed Christians are actually christ-like?. To me I know what to do to avoid trouble. Thanks and God bless
Re: Christians Should Read This by oluFELAxy(m): 10:39am On Nov 12, 2017
yemi1261:
Wow!.. Once again I love your comment. I understood everything you wrote here. I i thank God for your person. I love people like you. God will continue to support you. It will be my joy if all our churches can come together and erase denominationalism. By so doing we become indivisible and speak in one voice. At a point in my life I almost denounced Christianity. I became confused by what I hear and see in all these denominations. My quest to get the truth took me to virtually 5 to 6 the different churches. My dear am an advocate of true gospel. I have come across people who do not believe in the Bible. They see it as a mere write up to serve as reference and probably a tool to guide one's conscience. Even without the Bible, common sense is there to direct us. Let's use Bible as our reference now, Christians are expected to display Christ-like characters. But how many of our so called pastors or self acclaimed Christians are actually christ-like?. To me I know what to do to avoid trouble. Thanks and God bless

You are blessed bro. I don't like denominationalism too or let me say I don't like what we have turned it to. Different church with different methods are available so that you can flow well according to your lifestyle, personality, background etc. But we have turned it into competition, such that we want to outshine each other.

Even in the Bible, there were different churches na. Church in Corinth was different from the Church of the Thessalonians, etc.

God will help us. There are intercessors praying and working to see that all this rubbish stop in the kingdom of God.

I celebrate you.
Re: Christians Should Read This by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 12, 2017
oluFELAxy:

You are blessed bro. I don't like denominationalism too or let me say I don't like what we have turned it to. Different church with different methods are available so that you can flow well according to your lifestyle, personality, background etc. But we have turned it into competition, such that we want to outshine each other.

Even in the Bible, there were different churches na. Church in Corinth was different from the Church of the Thessalonians, etc.

God will help us. There are intercessors praying and working to see that all this rubbish stop in the kingdom of God.

I celebrate you.
u welcome
Re: Christians Should Read This by oluFELAxy(m): 10:51am On Nov 12, 2017
Saverin:
oluFELAxy

Typical response to backup the financial fraud going on in the house of God

Boss! No one is saying there is no financial fraud in the house of God. There has been from time past, till now. Do you remember Eli's son and samuel's son? Do you remember Ananias and Saphirah?

But we can't be pointing accusing fingers to Men of God when there are no evidence that they are defrauding us. Those who have been caught doing fraud in the church have been dealt with in time past and the way it works is that God deals with such people.

And if we think that Pastors are defrauding members because of the private jet they have then we are getting it wrong. Pastors are men like us and it is right for them to feed from the Church, the Bible encourages it. These pastors do not then just take care of themselves from the Church purse, they take care of the people too. Just that we see more of the things they do for themselves, than they do for others.

Let me round up by saying that no sane Pastor will buy a private jet if it is not needed. Pastors who have churches in countries all over the world need a better and fast means to move around and that is the commission that God has put in our hands, to reach to the ends of the earth.
Re: Christians Should Read This by Saverin: 12:11pm On Nov 12, 2017
oluFELAxy:

Boss! No one is saying there is no financial fraud in the house of God. There has been from time past, till now. Do you remember Eli's son and samuel's son? Do you remember Ananias and Saphirah?

But we can't be pointing accusing fingers to Men of God when there are no evidence that they are defrauding us. Those who have been caught doing fraud in the church have been dealt with in time past and the way it works is that God deals with such people.

And if we think that Pastors are defrauding members because of the private jet they have then we are getting it wrong. Pastors are men like us and it is right for them to feed from the Church, the Bible encourages it. These pastors do not then just take care of themselves from the Church purse, they take care of the people too. Just that we see more of the things they do for themselves, than they do for others.

Let me round up by saying that no sane Pastor will buy a private jet if it is not needed. Pastors who have churches in countries all over the world need a better and fast means to move around and that is the commission that God has put in our hands, to reach to the ends of the earth.

It is either you are blind or you are being hypocritical.

Who is a christian? A follower of Christ.

Did Christ collect tithe from anyone? No

Did Christ posses any material property? No

So why are they buying lands, houses, vehicles and crafts like crazy people?

If the message of "salvation" (accepting Christ as your personal lord and savior) is very important why can't God/Christ communicate to all his creature in a worldwide broadcast? I mean he is God!
Re: Christians Should Read This by oluFELAxy(m): 1:00pm On Nov 12, 2017
Saverin:

It is either you are blind or you are being hypocritical.

Who is a christian? A follower of Christ.

Did Christ collect tithe from anyone? No

Did Christ posses any material property? No

So why are they buying lands, houses, vehicles and crafts like crazy people?

If the message of "salvation" (accepting Christ as your personal lord and savior) is very important why can't God/Christ communicate to all his creature in a worldwide broadcast? I mean he is God!

I have an issue with those of you who think Jesus was poor when He was alive. Who told you that? Go and read Chapter 3 of the Midas Touch by Kenneth Hagin and you will understand better.
How can Jesus be poor? He was presented with Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh. He was so rich He had a Treasurer. His cloth was so valuable that the soldiers had to gamble on who would take it. Christ even had a house in Capernaum.
In a portion of Scripture, Mary used an expensive perfume on Jesus and people were complaining just like you are complaining about the expensive life of Pastors, go and read Jesus' response to them.
Jesus had no business collecting Tithe and offering during His days, He was not a priest. But Jesus Christ paid all these things Himself, even up to tax. Have you not read Matthew 23:23 where Jesus recognized that Tithe payment was good (and He gave those factors that are much important in the giving of your tithe).
Times and period differ, during the days of Christ there were no Cars, private jets and all. For a very significant moment and time, Christ rode into Jerusalem. My Jesus was not a poor man, if Jesus lived today, He will live one of the best lives ever.

(1) (Reply)

Are Christians Condemned For Celebrating Christmas!? / I Had A Dream, I Need An Interpretation / Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.