Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Help! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! (3882 Views)

"I May Be Ugly But I Confuse Men With My Big Assets" - Busty Lady Says. / Ebi Wali: 'I May Never Get Married', Nigerians Blast Her (Photos) / "I Think I Am A Lesbian, I Need Help Please! " (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! by Wazlax: 4:16pm On Nov 13, 2017
Mhizgracie01:
I don't deliberately harm people and I only lie when I know that saying the truth might get me into trouble. I feel love for people but I don't help strangers unless they ask for my help, when I see someone in need of help, I feel the urge to help them but because I have problems approaching/relating with people, I just wait for them to ask me instead of offering to help. I don't think I'm manipulative although people usually find it hard to say no to me because of my face. I'm good in most areas, I'm just not good at relating with people/making friends, and I'm not emotional.

Okay, you certainly aren't a sociopath. You are just a neurotypical introvert. You are free to take that guy's advice. Stay safe.

2 Likes

Re: Help! by TeekayCarter: 4:19pm On Nov 13, 2017
Mhizgracie01:
I don't deliberately harm people and I only lie when I know that saying the truth might get me into trouble. I feel love for people but I don't help strangers unless they ask for my help, when I see someone in need of help, I feel the urge to help them but because I have problems approaching/relating with people, I just wait for them to ask me instead of offering to help. I don't think I'm manipulative although people usually find it hard to say no to me because of my face. I'm good in most areas, I'm just not good at relating with people/making friends, and I'm not emotional.

I can relate the helping part... does that make me a sociopath too?
Re: Help! by Ishilove: 4:21pm On Nov 13, 2017
Sanchez01:

Not necessarily.

Just listing some possible wrongs, beyond sociopathy.

How have you been, Sweetness? kiss

You've been super rare sad
My darling, it's a long story kiss embarassed
Re: Help! by Sanchez01: 4:24pm On Nov 13, 2017
Ishilove:

My darling, it's a long story kiss embarassed
It is well, Sweetness smiley
Re: Help! by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 13, 2017
Wazlax:

Okay, you certainly aren't a sociopath. You are just a neurotypical introvert. You are free to take that guy's advice. Stay safe.
thanks I feel better now.
Re: Help! by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 13, 2017
TeekayCarter:

I can relate the helping part... does that make me a sociopath too?
I don't know your other traits so I can't decide anything yet smiley
Re: Help! by IamLEGEND1: 5:00pm On Nov 13, 2017
Just those minor things and you're worried about being sociopathic?

if so,then I'm probably a full-blown psychopath with a side offering of dissociative personality disorder. I care more about my laptop than I do 98% of the people I know.
and let me tell you, it's a fucking_awesome state of mind to be in. the last time I shed a tear was when I fell and scraped my knee on my back home from primary school.

revel in the advantage you have over all these pussy_humans.

1 Like

Re: Help! by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 13, 2017
Wazlax:
A sociopath wouldn't be worried by this, he/she would just be curious and mildly intrigued. The fact that you seem worried that you might have a problem diminishes the possibility of you being a sociopath. Except of course if this whole "I am worried that I might be a sociopath" thing is just an act.

Not having friends and preferring to spend time alone doesn't actually make one a sociopath, it's just a characteristic of introversion, and there can be sociopaths who are introverted as well as extroverted. The difference however between a sociopath who is introverted and an ordinary introvert, is that a sociopath can alter his personality to one of a typical extrovert just to present a persona that helps him or her to achieve a goal. So an introverted sociopath who hates keeping friends can easily pretend to be outgoing, friendly or charismatic when meeting someone or people he aims to manipulate, use or gain something from, and he can keep the act for as long as he needs to, but when he has gotten what he wants, he immediately reverts to his default personality.

Being indifferent when people close to you die is a marker of a lack of empathy which is a primary trait of sociopathy, but although a lack of empathy is a defining trait of sociopathy, it's not restricted to sociopaths. People who are autistic also have a hard time expressing emotions in these kind of situations due to an extreme lack of understanding social cues and responding appropriately to them.

To be honest, I really don't think you are a sociopath. If you are one, then you are an extremely unintelligent one and you won't be able to function or thrive in today's society. No sociopath would ask this kind of question with an online profile that has her picture, the link to her blog which also has her name on it, and the name of her university. The power and effectiveness of a sociopath rests in the fact that they are able to navigate the world by presenting themselves as what they are not and this power is lost when people know what they are. No sociopath wants anyone to know that they are sociopaths.

mhizgracie01 this dude just answered your question
Re: Help! by Wazlax: 5:24pm On Nov 13, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
Just those minor things and you're worried about being sociopathic?

if so,then I'm probably a full-blown psychopath with a side offering of dissociative personality disorder. I care more about my laptop than I do 98% of the people I know.
and let me tell you, it's a fucking_awesome state of mind to be in. the last time I shed a tear was when I fell and scraped my knee on my back home from primary school.

revel in the advantage you have over all these pussy_humans.

No it's not an awesome state to be in. Only someone who observes sociopathy from the outside would think that it's awesome. Don't speak so confidently about things you know close to nothing of.

Sometimes sociopathy can be an incredibly lonely experience given the inability to connect with another person on a deep level and the extremely selfish and hedonistic lens through which sociopaths view their world, other times it just leaves you with a load of indignation and resentment towards the world. Also, the fact that you have to pretend to give a fork in most situations in order to survive and thrive in society can also be painfully annoying and exhausting as well. I really don't see what's awesome about this mental defect.

2 Likes

Re: Help! by IamLEGEND1: 6:27pm On Nov 13, 2017
Wazlax:

No it's not an awesome state to be in. Only someone who observes sociopathy from the outside would think that it's awesome. Don't speak so confidently about things you know close to nothing of.
Sometimes sociopathy can be an incredibly lonely experience given the inability to connect with another person on a deep level and the extremely selfish and hedonistic lens through which sociopaths view their world, other times it just leaves you with a load of indignation and resentment towards the world. Also, the fact that you have to pretend to give a fork in most situations in order to survive and thrive in society can also be painfully annoying and exhausting as well. I really don't see what's awesome about this mental defect.
You don't know me or what I am.
I might actually be a sociopath for all you know. Don't speak confidently about things you know little about.
either way, I generally don't care about a lot of things in this world and I wouldn't trade that general sense of apathy for anything.
it's so much fun watching people lose their shit_over issues that barely register on my radar.
and there is nothing wrong with being selfish. serve your interests first before paying attention to other people's problems.
Re: Help! by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 13, 2017
Chybeibe:
Wait till someone breaks your heart, see if you won't cry.
Lmao hahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahah
Re: Help! by ftosino(m): 6:48pm On Nov 13, 2017
Mhizgracie01:
Hey guys, I have a problem and it's been bothering me for some time now.

I find it hard to cry or feel sad when something bad happens. I feel bad when terrible things happen but I don't feel sad. A cousin I was close to died and my whole family was in tears but I felt nothing, I was shocked by his death but I wasn't sad.

Same thing happened when my aunt and a very friendly church member died, I felt bad for them and their families but I didn't feel sad and I didn't shed a single tear. I'm also fond of pushing people away, I don't like having friends. I ignore messages and calls from people who aren't part of my immediate family. I'm beginning to think that I'm a sociopath, please what do you guys think?

No insults please, just helpful suggestions.

we both have something in common, i dont cry wheneva someone close to me die, so i always thought i have no feelings at all, is that what being a socialpath is?
Re: Help! by unadeymadkwa: 6:51pm On Nov 13, 2017
Wazlax:

Complementing the physical attributes of someone who might be a sociopath in hopes of getting on her good side isn't a smart thing to do. If you are looking for a girl to befriend, date, have sex with or marry, it's safer if you consider someone normal. It's for your own good.

1 Like

Re: Help! by unadeymadkwa: 6:52pm On Nov 13, 2017
Wazlax:

Complementing the physical attributes of someone who might be a sociopath in hopes of getting on her good side isn't a smart thing to do. If you are looking for a girl to befriend, date, have sex with or marry, it's safer if you consider someone normal. It's for your own good.
You catch am. Lol. Abeg tell the mumu

1 Like

Re: Help! by ItsJonathan(m): 7:05pm On Nov 13, 2017
Mhizgracie01:

I find it hard to cry or feel sad when something bad happens. I feel bad when terrible things happen but I don't feel sad. A cousin I was close to died and my whole family was in tears but I felt nothing, I was shocked by his death but I wasn't sad.

Same thing happened when my aunt and a very friendly church member died, I felt bad for them and their families but I didn't feel sad and I didn't shed a single tear. I'm also fond of pushing people away, I don't like having friends. I ignore messages and calls from people who aren't part of my immediate family. I'm beginning to think that I'm a sociopath, please what do you guys think?

You may be bipolar, just like me. Do you wanna talk?
Re: Help! by Wazlax: 7:21pm On Nov 13, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
You don't know me or what I am.
I might actually be a sociopath for all you know. Don't speak confidently about things you know little about.
either way, I generally don't care about a lot of things in this world and I wouldn't trade that general sense of apathy for anything.
it's so much fun watching people lose their shit_over issues that barely register on my radar.
and there is nothing wrong with being selfish. serve your interests first before paying attention to other people's problems.

Blah blah blah. I know a sociopath when I see one. You are just a red-pilled wannabee who has watched too many crime movies and who thinks being a sociopath is cool.

2 Likes

Re: Help! by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 13, 2017
Wazlax:

Blah blah blah. I know a sociopath when I see one. You are just a red-pilled wannabee who has watched too many crime movies and who thinks being a sociopath is cool.

Hey Wazlax can we talk privately maybe by email.

ChrisLeeO@yahoo.com.
Re: Help! by alexis007(m): 7:30pm On Nov 13, 2017
ftosino:

we both have something in common, i dont cry wheneva someone close to me die, so i always thought i have no feelings at all, is that what being a socialpath is?
There are many people out there who don't give a f##k about a lot of things, but it doesn't degrade them to the status of sociopathy. Do you even know that the concept in question is a grave psychological disorder?

People just want to come off as freaky. As for your question, wait till your mother dies. Then I'd know the extent of your own sociopathy
Re: Help! by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 13, 2017
ChrisLeeO:

Hey Wazlax can we talk privately maybe by email.

ChrisLeeO@yahoo.com.

Please i need to speak with you urgently before i do something.......
Re: Help! by BluntBoy(m): 7:31pm On Nov 13, 2017
Mhizgracie01:

It must be the shock. When I lost my mom, I didn't cry. I was too shocked. Even my dad was crying and my younger sister was screaming. But I did not cry. The shock was too much.
Re: Help! by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 13, 2017
ItsJonathan:

You may be bipolar, just like me. Do you wanna talk?
Nah I don't think I'm bipolar, far from it.
Re: Help! by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 13, 2017
BluntBoy:

It must be the shock. When I lost my mom, I didn't cry. I was too shocked. Even my dad was crying and my younger sister was screaming. But I did not cry. The shock was too much.
But did you cry later on?
Re: Help! by ftosino(m): 7:35pm On Nov 13, 2017
alexis007:
There are many people out there who don't give a f##k about a lot of things, but it doesn't degrade them to the status of sociopathy. Do you even know that the concept in question is a grave psychological disorder?

People just want to come off as freaky. As for your question, wait till your mother dies. Then I'd know the extent of your own sociopathy

yea thanks, maybe am just introverted then,
Re: Help! by BluntBoy(m): 7:42pm On Nov 13, 2017
Rokia2:

But did you cry later on?

Yes, I cried but it was brief. It happened that some of the sympathizers kept on saying sorry to me. I just burst into tears. But it was brief. Everything was like in a dream. As though I was in a trance. Even as I poured sand on the coffin and people were crying, I didn't cry.

When she had the accident that later killed her, I didn't cry when I saw her covered in blood on the night we went to the hospital where they took her. She was conscious and looking at me. Then later, when someone joked about me not crying when my siblings were screaming at all the blood on her, my mom said that I was different because I did my own crying in my heart.
Re: Help! by alexis007(m): 7:43pm On Nov 13, 2017
ftosino:

yea thanks, maybe am just introverted then,
What has being introverted got to do with not feeling emotional when close relatives die?

Please don't label yourself as anything again. You're normal in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Help! by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 13, 2017
BluntBoy:

Yes, I cried but it was brief. It happened that some of the sympathizers kept on saying sorry to me. I just burst into tears. But it was brief. Everything was like in a dream. As though I was in a trance. Even as I poured sand on the coffin and people were crying, I didn't cry.

When she had the accident that later killed her, I didn't cry when I saw her covered in blood on the night we went to the hospital where they took her. She was conscious and looking at me. Then later, when someone joked about me not crying when my siblings were screaming at all the blood on her, my mom said that I was different because I did my own crying in my heart.

OMG I am so sorry. This is so sad. May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Help! by BluntBoy(m): 7:50pm On Nov 13, 2017
Rokia2:

OMG I am so sorry. This is so sad. May her soul rest in peace.
Amen. Thank you, Rokia.
Re: Help! by IamLEGEND1: 7:50pm On Nov 13, 2017
Wazlax:

I'm sure you do. O! wise one.
Because a comment is all the evidence great minds like you require to detect in no uncertain terms the true nature of any person on this forum.
show me a PhD in a behavioural science or retreat into a dark corner and stay there.
And in the spirit of returning unsolicited tips- quit all the Sherlock Holmes literature and movies......it'll do you a world of good.

next!
Re: Help! by ftosino(m): 7:55pm On Nov 13, 2017
alexis007:
What has being introverted got to do with not feeling emotional when close relatives die?

Please don't label yourself as anything again. You're normal in Jesus name, Amen.

what i meant was that, the only p ayaf is being an introvert.
Re: Help! by Wazlax: 8:05pm On Nov 13, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
I'm sure you do. O! wise one.
Because a comment is all the evidence great minds like you require to detect in no uncertain terms the true nature of any person on this forum.
show me a PhD in a behavioural science or retreat into a dark corner and stay there.
And in the spirit of returning unsolicited tips- quit all the Sherlock Holmes literature and movies......it'll do you a world of good.

next!

Why are you so defensive? Lol. You are acting like a kid who got angry because someone disputed his claim that he was superman.

Dude you are not a sociopath. Sociopaths don't argue with people who disprove their tacit claims of being sociopaths. And your first comment where you glorified sociopathy and defined it as awesome was all I needed to know that you weren't one.

You regard sociopathy like it's a superpower. Like what other proof do I need? You aren't a sociopath man. You are just an obsessed fan of sociopathy.

2 Likes

Re: Help! by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 13, 2017
Wazlax:
A sociopath wouldn't be worried by this, he/she would just be curious and mildly intrigued. The fact that you seem worried that you might have a problem diminishes the possibility of you being a sociopath. Except of course if this whole "I am worried that I might be a sociopath" thing is just an act.

Not having friends and preferring to spend time alone doesn't actually make one a sociopath, it's just a characteristic of introversion, and there can be sociopaths who are introverted as well as extroverted. The difference however between a sociopath who is introverted and an ordinary introvert, is that a sociopath can alter his personality to one of a typical extrovert just to present a persona that helps him or her to achieve a goal. So an introverted sociopath who hates keeping friends can easily pretend to be outgoing, friendly or charismatic when meeting someone or people he aims to manipulate, use or gain something from, and he can keep the act for as long as he needs to, but when he has gotten what he wants, he immediately reverts to his default personality.

Being indifferent when people close to you die is a marker of a lack of empathy which is a primary trait of sociopathy, but although a lack of empathy is a defining trait of sociopathy, it's not restricted to sociopaths. People who are autistic also have a hard time expressing emotions in these kind of situations due to an extreme lack of understanding social cues and responding appropriately to them.

To be honest, I really don't think you are a sociopath. If you are one, then you are an extremely unintelligent one and you won't be able to function or thrive in today's society. No sociopath would ask this kind of question with an online profile that has her picture, the link to her blog which also has her name on it, and the name of her university. The power and effectiveness of a sociopath rests in the fact that they are able to navigate the world by presenting themselves as what they are not and this power is lost when people know what they are. No sociopath wants anyone to know that they are sociopaths.
Interesting....
@OP http://www.whatsyourgrief.com/feeling-nothing-during-grief/
Re: Help! by tgmservice: 9:09pm On Nov 13, 2017
Mhizgracie01:

u no sociopath u only need some good diick to bring back ur emotions pm when ready

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Am Confused About My New Girl.. Advise Needed / My Girlfriend Is Snubbing Me / Ex-boyfriend Leak Naked Video Of Nigerian Lady Helen From Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.