Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,954 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Leadership Lessons From 1 Samuel 17(david Vs Goliath) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Leadership Lessons From 1 Samuel 17(david Vs Goliath) (590 Views)

Green Pass Required For Access Into Vatican From 1 October( Pix) / 20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Goliath Must Die: Pastor Imoniero Poses With Catapult On Church Banner (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Leadership Lessons From 1 Samuel 17(david Vs Goliath) by powertalk: 6:29pm On Nov 13, 2017
POWERTALK
LEADERSHIP LESSONS FROM 1 SAMUEL 17

One of the most popular bible stories i love hearing while growing up is that of David and Goliath. it was how the good small guy defeated the bad big guy. It was just one of those stories that i just love. It teaches faith in the God of Israel who is the same yesterday today and forever. It teaches that unwavering faith in this mighty God and believe in one self is one of the keys to defeating the big challenges before us.

However over the years as i read this passage of scriptures i begin to discover a treasure mine of wisdom that goes just beyond the obvious that was stated above. This passage of scriptures has much more. Its a gold mine filled with valuable lessons and it is such lessons we will begin to explore from this series. and so the first leadership discovery i made is this.

GREAT LEADERS ARE BORN DURING PERIOD OF CRISIS

Great leaders are often born during period of national or organizational crises. Israel was at war, the army of God was being defied by the philistines, someone is needed to step up to the fore and take the reins of leadership. David did and saved a disgraced nation from the threatening of its enemy nation!

1 Samuel 17:26, ' David, who was talking to the men standing around him, asked, “What’s in it for the man who kills that Philistine and gets rid of this ugly blot on Israel’s honour? Who does he think he is, anyway, this uncircumcised Philistine, taunting the armies of God- Alive?” (Message)

History abounds with men and women who at moment of crisis stepped to the fore, save their families, society and nation. Nelson Mandela did that for South Africa in the fight against Apartheid. Winston Churchill did that for Britain during the second world war!

Giant killers are often born during periods of crisis and struggle!

Our most challenging moments may yet be 'our finest hour'. And like it was said to Esther, 'who knows if you have been brought into the kingdom for a time like this'!

Read full article here: http://www.powertalk.com.ng/2017/10/31/leadership-lessons-from-1-samuel-17/

©powertalk
www.powertalk.com.ng
Facebook:powertalkplus
Instagram:powertalk_official
Could this bless someone you know? Please share with them today
Re: Leadership Lessons From 1 Samuel 17(david Vs Goliath) by powertalk: 6:14pm On Nov 22, 2017
POWERTALK
LEADERSHIP LESSONS FROM 1 SAMUEL 17(2)

LEADERSHIP BEGINS WITH A DISCOVERY OF PURPOSE

Leaders don't need a position to make impact and exercise their influence. First it must be settled that we need a defined purpose to make an impact and without impact there is no influence or leadership.

What was the position of David in the army before he killed Goliath? None. Both in the civic and the military leadership, David had no position but yet he made impact. That was leadership. A position of leadership only gives you a platform either to increase or decrease your leadership influence with people over time. Saul had the position of the king but had no influence of leadership, for leadership influence must be born out of impact and impact is a product of purpose!

All a great leader needs to exercise influence is not position but purpose! David asked, 'is there no cause'? (1 Samuel 17:28-29).

‘And Eliab his eldest brother heard when he spake unto the men; and Eliab's anger was kindled against David, and he said, Why camest thou down hither?  And with whom hast thou left those few sheep in the wilderness?  I know thy pride, and the naughtiness of thine heart; for thou art come down that thou mightest see the battle. 29 And David said, what have I now done?  Is there not a cause?

Leadership is born when a man or woman finds a cause what dying for.

Purpose is what transforms followers to leaders. When you discover a cause, a mission, an assignment inspired by God you stop been led by others, circumstances and situations; you begin leading your own life and others according to the dictates of heaven!

How Eliab was wrong about David, he thought maybe David came to see the battle, not knowing that David came to finish the battle

Read full article here...http://www.powertalk.com.ng/2017/11/01/leadership-lessons-from-1-samuel-17-the-power-of-a-worthy-cause/

©powertalk
www.powertalk.com.ng
*Could this bless someone you know? Please share with them today*
Re: Leadership Lessons From 1 Samuel 17(david Vs Goliath) by powertalk: 5:11pm On Dec 06, 2017
POWERTALK
LEADERSHIP LESSONS FROM 1 SAMUEL 17(3)
CHANGE THE LEADER AND YOU CHANGE THE PEOPLE

Under Saul, the Israeli army was timid coward, rudderless without energy or direction. Goliath stood there and called out to the Israelite troops, _"Why bother using your whole army? Am I not Philistine enough for you? And you're all committed to Saul, aren't you? So pick your best fighter and pit him against me. If he gets the upper hand and kills me, the Philistines will all become your slaves. But if I get the upper hand and kill him, you'll all become our slaves and serve us. I challenge the troops of Israel this day. Give me a man. Let us fight it out together! When Saul and his troops heard the Philistine's challenge, they were TERRIFIED and LOST ALL HOPE’_(1 Samuel 17:8-11MSG). 

Notice the order in which the Holy Spirit wrote this passage, first, it was Saul and then the troops. If Saul was terrified his troops were petrified! And for days Goliath kept ranting over the armies of God. Now, this went on for forty days. Now, this must be the worst face off in the history of military warfare. I have read about so many war accounts and military campaign nowhere have I seen an army made immobile by the threatenings of just one man!

David stepped into the scene, and a fearful army became a dreadful army! With new leadership, the Israeli swept on the Philistines and routed them. (1 Samuel 17:51-53)
_‘Then David ran up to the philistine and stood over him, pulled the giant's sword from its sheath, and finished the job by cutting off his head. When the Philistines saw that their great champion was dead, they scattered, running for their lives. The men of Israel and Judah were up on their feet, shouting! They chased the Philistines all the way to the outskirts of Gath and Ekron. Wounded philistines were strewn along the Shaaraim road all the way to Gath and Ekron. After chasing the Philistines, the Israelites came back and looted their camp. David took the Philistine's head and brought it to Jerusalem. But the giant's weapons he placed in his own tent'_

The difference is clear: under Saul God's army were terrified and petrified while under David they were energized and glorified! No wonder the women in Israel had a song to describe this difference in result: ‘Saul hath slain his thousands and David his ten thousand' (1 Samuel 18:7-cool

Read full article here:
http://www.powertalk.com.ng/2017/11/01/leadership-lessons-from-1-samuel-17-change-of-leadership-changes-result/

©powertalk
www.powertalk.com.ng
*Could this bless someone you know? Please share with them today*

(1) (Reply)

The Bible Truth About Tithing / Where Is The Capital Of Heaven? / Irony Of #freethesheeple Campaign Is Daddy Freeze A Sheep Or Goat? Hardmirror

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.