Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida (7614 Views)

Fayose Blasts Obasanjo For Always Begging For Political Favours / Ex-Presidents, Others To Meet Obasanjo, Babangida Over Jonathan. / Tambuwal Blasts Obasanjo On Rule Of Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by shadrach77: 8:44pm On Mar 22, 2010
Print version Ex-Generals Holding Nation To Ransom —Pastor Bakare, Slams OBJ, IBB, Danjuma
March 22, 2010 17:00 (3 hours ago), 1,050 views

By Ada Owojela

The serving Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly and convener of the Save Nigeria Group, SNG, Pastor Tunde Bakare, has slammed Nigeria’s former Army Generals, saying they were holding the nation to ransom.

Pastor Bakare, who was speaking in his church in Lagos yesterday about the state of the nation, specifically tongue-lashed former president, Olusegun Obasanjo, former military president, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida and Gen. Theophilus Danjuma, saying they and other retired Generals were responsible for the mess Nigeria was in today.

According to Bakare, “the Generals are on the prowl again. They are gathering like vultures. The same people who got us into this mess are the ones we have called to heal us.”

He said what kind of counsel would someone like Danjuma, who did not know what to do with the N500 million he got from the sale of oil bloc, give to Acting President Goodluck Jonathan, who appointed him Chairman, Presidential Advisory Council, PAC.

Bakare debunked reports in a section of the media that the Save Nigeria Group was now torn apart over funds received from Malam Nuhu Ribadu, Malam El-Rufai and others.

He challenged the purveyors of the report to produce evidence that the group had got money from these people.

He said the false report was the handiwork of detractors who were not comfortable with the strides SNG was making to bring about a new Nigeria.

Bakare said SNG had paid for its secretariat since January and that it was being renovated and would be opened in April, contrary to the report that it had no secretariat.

He added that the group was being funded by contributions from key members and that at the appropriate time, credible and ordinary Nigerians would be asked to contribute their widow’s mite and that every kobo would be properly accounted for.
http://thepmnews.com/2010/03/22/ex-generals-holding-nation-to-ransom-%e2%80%94pastor-bakare-slams-obj-ibb-danjuma
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by presido1: 8:57pm On Mar 22, 2010
shadrach77:

Print version Ex-Generals Holding Nation To Ransom —Pastor Bakare, Slams OBJ, IBB, Danjuma
He said what kind of counsel would someone like Danjuma, who did not know what to do with the N500 million he got from the sale of oil bloc, give to Acting President Goodluck Jonathan, who appointed him Chairman, Presidential Advisory Council, PAC.
This is the most annoying part of this guys Govt.  Somebody that don't know what to do with just 500Milla to advice a falling Govt. Well itz to keep the One Nigeria mantra. If you question you become the enermy of One Nigeria and a seccesonist.

Yet peeps think we are moving forward.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by cap28: 9:47pm On Mar 22, 2010
bakare is right - infact i said this on a different thread yesterday, this transfer of power is more or less a covert coup d'etat - yaradua has been deposed and replaced with a junta of retired generals with jonathan as a powerless frontman who is being remotely controlled from behind the scenes by obj, danjuma and other members of the nigerian elite.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by marvix(m): 10:39pm On Mar 22, 2010
Bakare has no buisness meddlin in politics, he should be somewhere praying for the nation and encouraging christians to have faith in God and not be carried away by politics. Who are the credible nigerians who contributed to his secretariat.
Bakare you have called ur self to the service of God and u can't serve God and Mamon, leave politics to politicians and instead concentrate on soul winning
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Alxmyr(m): 11:17pm On Mar 22, 2010
marvix:

Bakare has no buisness meddlin in politics, he should be somewhere praying for the nation and encouraging christians to have faith in God and not be carried away by politics. Who are the credible nigerians who contributed to his secretariat.
Bakare you have called your self to the service of God and u can't serve God and Mamon, leave politics to politicians and instead concentrate on soul winning

I read through your past posts and I can understand that you are part of the sychophantic Nigerians who will prefer the status quo because of the the corruption which form their way of life. You give away yourself as a sympatizer of corrupt leadership and a benefactor of corruption.
I am not surprise that you take on Pastor Bakare. Afterall you are a disgrace to Nigerian elites
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by olafolarin(m): 11:18pm On Mar 22, 2010
marvix:

Bakare has no buisness meddlin in politics, he should be somewhere praying for the nation and encouraging christians to have faith in God and not be carried away by politics. [s]Who are the credible nigerians who contributed to his secretariat.[/s]Bakare you have called your self to the service of God and u can't serve God and Mamon, leave politics to politicians and instead concentrate on soul winning

U didnt comprehend the message well, Bakare has a right to challenge those retired cabals /Generals.
He is afterall a nigerian and a concerned one at that,
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by cap28: 11:32pm On Mar 22, 2010
Alxmyr:

I read through your past posts and I can understand that you are part of the sychophantic Nigerians who will prefer the status quo because of the the corruption which form their way of life. You give away yourself as a sympatizer of corrupt leadership and a benefactor of corruption.
I am not surprise that you take on Pastor Bakare. Afterall you are a disgrace to Nigerian elites

dont mind him, a pastor has the right to speak out against injustice, was martin luther king not a church minister, but he was courageous enough to challenge the injustice in the american system, i respect bakare for his courage, i just wish we had more pastors like him.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by naijamini(m): 11:39pm On Mar 22, 2010
marvix:

Bakare you have called your self to the service of God and u can't serve God and Mamon, leave politics to politicians and instead concentrate on soul winning

Those who brought us the gospel has since realized that everything in the universe is physical. Today's telescopes and microscopes see things that use to be considered "spiritual". When the Bible itself tells you to open your spiritual eyes that's a call for you to gain understanding. For what purpose then? To better your life, not for God. God is the ultimate judge, politician, mathematician, economist, physicist, chemist, biologist, technician and any other things we may think of ourselves as capable of doing in the future. The Bible is in essense about how humans ought to conduct their affairs and govern each other. The very first task that God gave Adam, if you are a believer in that view of the universe, was to procreate and hold dominion over the animals and take care of the earth.

One question for you, since you know where the spiritual begins and the earthly ends. In Bible times visitors to planet earth were described as angels with wings, today some people claim alien visits, not with flying wings, but in flying saucers. Is that because those of the other realm have also developed advanced technology? Or is it that the ancients or moderns or both were/are hallucinating? Or could it be that our visions reflect our state of technology?
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Fhemmmy: 1:32am On Mar 23, 2010
I think this is just to show that all those that said Jonathan has no agenda are really right.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by CHARLOE(m): 2:04am On Mar 23, 2010
@ Marvix, just replied a similar ignorant (pardon me) post like urs on another thread and u make me sound like a broken record. If d black americans & south africans took ur advice, u'll agree with me they'll still be in bondage, and Nigerians wont be struggling 4 visas to go to US & SA to escape this hell called Nigeria.
 Let me refresh ur memory a little cos nigerians tend to be blessed cursed with short memory: d struggle against racism/apaarthied in d US & SA was actively led & fought by pastors (rev. martin luther king, arch bishop Desmond tutu). In contrast, what has ur pastors and GO's done; pray, and are always quick to urge their gullible& ignorant members to pray & pray in d face of outright criminality and brazen oppression of d pple. D only ecxeption (pst tunde bakare) whom u've decided to attack, is d only shining star in d dark, gloomy, murky sky of christianity in these trying times facing our nation. Am not surprised though; obviously, these wealthy, jet-flying GO's don't want to rock d boat by standing 4 good against evil cos of their huge investment. Not to forget these corrupt & criminal govt officials/politicians are given front seats in these 'mega' churches, from where they donate and sow part of their loot into d life of d pastor & his church to thunderous applause from the ignorant members, high on (religous) drug . Is it any wonder Nigerians are so passive & docile push d Nigerian to d wall and he'll break d wall and continue sleepwalking
  My advise- don't just swallow everything u hear hook, line & sinker. The bible admonishes us to PROVE ALL THINGS (like the brethren in Berea), and HOLD ONTO THAT WHICH IS TRUE!
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Manutddude(m): 12:40pm On Mar 23, 2010
cap28:

dont mind him, a pastor has the right to speak out against injustice, was martin luther king not a church minister, but he was courageous enough to challenge the injustice in the american system, i respect bakare for his courage, i just wish we had more pastors like him.

Or even Arch. Bishop Desmond Tutu
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by chukz4real(m): 12:44pm On Mar 23, 2010
CHARLOE:

@ Marvix, just replied a similar ignorant (pardon me) post like urs on another thread and u make me sound like a broken record. If d black americans & south africans took your advice, u'll agree with me they'll still be in bondage, and Nigerians wont be struggling 4 visas to go to US & SA to escape this hell called Nigeria.
 Let me refresh your memory a little cos nigerians tend to be blessed cursed with short memory: d struggle against racism/apaarthied in d US & SA was actively led & fought by pastors (rev. martin luther king, arch bishop Desmond tutu). In contrast, what has your pastors and GO's done; pray, and are always quick to urge their gullible& ignorant members to pray & pray in d face of outright criminality and brazen oppression of d pple. D only ecxeption (pst tunde bakare) whom u've decided to attack, is d only shining star in d dark, gloomy, murky sky of christianity in these trying times facing our nation. Am not surprised though; obviously, these wealthy, jet-flying GO's don't want to rock d boat by standing 4 good against evil cos of their huge investment. Not to forget these corrupt & criminal govt officials/politicians are given front seats in these 'mega' churches, from where they donate and sow part of their loot into d life of d pastor & his church to thunderous applause from the ignorant members, high on (religous) drug . Is it any wonder Nigerians are so passive & docile push d Nigerian to d wall and he'll break d wall and continue sleepwalking
  My advise- don't just swallow everything u hear hook, line & sinker. The bible admonishes us to PROVE ALL THINGS (like the brethren in Berea), and HOLD ONTO THAT WHICH IS TRUE!  
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by ud4u: 12:47pm On Mar 23, 2010
marvix:

How can you say such a thing, so as the man is trying to fight bad governance in Nigeria is bad. What can people do to please Nigerians?.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by jswagg4(m): 12:53pm On Mar 23, 2010
I totally agree with past.bakare.wish we had concerned men of GOD like him!,not those other "pastors"(we know them,the big ones)who choose to keep shut when they are not supposed to.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by spikedcylinder: 12:55pm On Mar 23, 2010
marvix:

You might not realise it but Bakare is a pastor and a citizen of Nigeria. He has as much right as you to comment on such matters.
What's wrong with your own mouth? Why can't you go to the corner and pray for Nigeria instead of typing all sorts in the politics section here? undecided How is it that some have now come to qualify Politics as 'mammon' sef?
With your comment, one will think the man said he wants to run for President. undecided
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Aks(m): 1:13pm On Mar 23, 2010
@ Marvix--- what a nonsensical post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i know u are regretting it

Bravo to the Pastor who have dim it fit to stand in the midst of them all to join millions of NIGERIANS calling for a good change in GOVT. NIGERIA will soon be saved, will soon be changed; ALAS, NIGERIA will FLOURISH again
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by bisiaet: 1:17pm On Mar 23, 2010
It is amasing and shocking when someone said Bakare has no business in politics Pls may I ask the poster Whose Business is Politics? or Who and Who has the right to talk about politics? Is there any constitution anywhere that say only certain set of people has the right to talk about politics? I think this poster must be missing it. If Bakare did not talk is it you who only blabla on Nairaand will talk?
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Borat1: 1:20pm On Mar 23, 2010
Bakare should shut up and sit down,
i mean what kind of pastor continually meddles in politics?
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Aks(m): 1:24pm On Mar 23, 2010
@ BORAT--- from your harsh and absurd response, i can categorically say you are a NOVICE on the happenings in the country. By the way, are u a NIGERIAN?
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by MELAA: 1:27pm On Mar 23, 2010
~Borat~:

If you don't know what to say u just shut your own mouth up and  allow people that would talk. Martins lurther  that the world(blacks) will ever be celebrated for speaking out courageously without the fear or any person.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by 77ken: 1:28pm On Mar 23, 2010

Guy u no well if everybody shut up like u, Nigeria go turn cess pit. So Shut and let d man be.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 23, 2010
~Borat~:

imo,i think religion leaders ought to be moderators by preaching against bad governance  using the word of God as a guidance which give them added knowledge than ordinary people but when they become personal and selective in their moderating roles,then it doesnt speak well of them.they should preach peace and not war
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Utaroz(m): 1:33pm On Mar 23, 2010
presido1:

This is the most annoying part of this guys Govt.  Somebody that don't know what to do with just 500Milla to advice a falling Govt. Well itz to keep the One Nigeria mantra. If you question you become the enermy of One Nigeria and a seccesonist.

Yet peeps think we are moving forward.

I believe the General was talking about $500 million, cool
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Borat1: 1:40pm On Mar 23, 2010
MELAA:

If you don't know what to say u just shut your own mouth up and  allow people that would talk. Martins lurther  that the world(blacks) will ever be celebrated for speaking out courageously without the fear or any person.

Bakare is not Martin Luther

Aks:

@ BORAT--- from your harsh and absurd response, i can categorically say you are a NOVICE on the happenings in the country. By the way, are u a NIGERIAN?

77ken:

Guy u no well if everybody shut up like u, Nigeria go turn cess pit. So Shut and let d man be.

~Bluetooth:

imo,i think religion leaders ought to be moderators by preaching against bad governance  using the word of God as a guidance which give them added knowledge than ordinary people but when they become personal and selective in their moderating roles,then it doesnt speak well of them.they should preach peace and not war

Dont Get Me Wrong,
Bakare is overtly involved in politics and he's too controversial
Last time i checked, He was supposed to be a phucking pastor!
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by sayso: 1:42pm On Mar 23, 2010
The man is looking for recognition among the elites.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by femicensus: 1:43pm On Mar 23, 2010
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]  Is it a sin for a man of God to 'call a spade a spade'?
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 23, 2010
@borat---his involvement in politics is not a new thing afterall pastor chris okotie did the same thing and form fresh party which never make any different even though he prophesized himself as president of nigeria.pastors just like traditional leaders are to serve as checks and balances tools for our notorious politicians
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by otokx(m): 1:56pm On Mar 23, 2010
The guy is always blasting, always blasting and what happens in the end?
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Borat1: 2:06pm On Mar 23, 2010
~Bluetooth:

@borat---his involvement in politics is not a new thing afterall pastor chris okotie did the same thing and form fresh party which never make any different even though he prophesized himself as president of nigeria.pastors just like traditional leaders are to serve as checks and balances tools for our notorious politicians

Dont get me wrong,
'pastor' Tunde Bakare is ALWAYS involved in DESTRUCTIVE CRITICISMS
That does not lead anywhere, especially in a country like nigeria
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by gorociano: 2:08pm On Mar 23, 2010
Pastor Tunde Bakare is the Naija Version Of Prophet Elijah who had no qualms about confronting bad leaders like king Ahab( read Babangida) and Jezebel(read Turai)
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Kwajay(m): 2:16pm On Mar 23, 2010
Na wa 4 all dis naija pastos sef. Instead of him 2 sit his a.S.s in d church praying 4 God to take charge. He is there cryin cock & bull of what evry1 knows. Abi who no know say GL na figure head or na obj & co. dey rule naija.

Religious pple shd jst keep their hands clean outta politics.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 23, 2010
~Borat~:

Dont get me wrong,
'pastor' Tunde Bakare is ALWAYS involved in DESTRUCTIVE CRITICISMS
That does not lead anywhere, especially in a country like nigeria
i agree with you.i guesses he is a political pastor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

U.S-Maryland, Opens Lagos Office For Business / Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card / IPOB Has Turned Majority Of Once Loving Igbos To Hateful And Spiteful People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.