Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,258 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida (7632 Views)

Fayose Blasts Obasanjo For Always Begging For Political Favours / Ex-Presidents, Others To Meet Obasanjo, Babangida Over Jonathan. / Tambuwal Blasts Obasanjo On Rule Of Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by yemmight(m): 2:24pm On Mar 23, 2010
~Borat~:

Dont get me wrong,
'pastor' Tunde Bakare is ALWAYS involved in DESTRUCTIVE CRITICISMS
That does not lead anywhere, especially in a country like nigeria

What do you mean destructive criticisms. Any bad govt is regarded destructive.  What kind of comments to you expect from Bakare to this unfortunate govt?  He should be pampering them abi?  If no one is doing it Bakare is coming out boldly to criticise them.  The other time u posted your comments here that Pastor Adeboye is romancing so many govs and this man is not romancing them you are stil condeming him, so wht do you want exactly?
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by macdaddy: 2:29pm On Mar 23, 2010
@CHARLOE
I totally agree with this poster.Nigerian pastors/leaders have been silent for too long about the happenings in this country and the nigerian people for forever docile.We really need to take a lesson  from the Thailand people who recently lay siege(for days) at the presidential palace asking the prime minister of thailand to resign.Now these are people that want change.Until we rise up against bad governance nothing good will become of this country!
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Kabikala(m): 2:37pm On Mar 23, 2010
To Marvix, Sayso, bluetooth, Borat, Otokx, Kwajay etc and all those who can't see the sense in what Bakare is doing. I will like to make this suggestion.
If his area does not have electricity, if his car gets damaged from bad roads, if his relative dies from police brutality, if his family member dies due to lack of good health care, if his children can not secure admission to university due to quota system, if he has no potable water in his home, if his church members die from road traffic accidents due to terrible roads, if his friends are victims of armed robbery due to lack of quality policing, if he has to pay higher prices to fuel his car, if he has to fend for several graduates who can not secure jobs on account of the bad economy; he should just quietly take it all to God in prayer.
Abi? God is the only solution to human problems. God solved the problem of apartheid in South Africa. God got us independence from Britain. God created the economic miracle of the Asian tigers. God liberated America from Great Britain and Kuwait from Iraq. God made Obama President while Martin Luther King, Malcom X, Jesse Jackson and all the other black civil rights activists were just making noise. God made life easier in Europe and hell in Africa. Yes, only God can solve our problems and we should just leave politics to politicians like Anenih, Maduekwe, Alao-Akala, James Ibori, Gbenga Daniel, Fani-Kayode and the likes. If only we can do these, in fact we will achieve and surpass all the Millenium Development Goals before December this year.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by misterh(m): 2:44pm On Mar 23, 2010
What we need now is action, enof of the blasting from different quarters. Fawehinmi did his best but he didn't succeed, what should the rest of us do?
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by MAYOWAAK: 2:50pm On Mar 23, 2010
sayso:

The man is looking for recognition among the elites.

BETTER NOT TO SPEAK AND BE THOUGHT OF AS A FOOL THAN TO SPEAK AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.

WHAT SORT OF RECOGNITION IS BAKARE LOOKING FOR AMONG THE ELITES?IS THE THE TYPE THAT MADE HIM LED A PROTEST MARCH ALONGSIDE HIS WIFE AND DAUGHTERS?
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by edimalo(m): 2:54pm On Mar 23, 2010
Kabikala:

To Marvix, Sayso, bluetooth, Borat, Otokx, Kwajay etc and all those who can't see the sense in what Bakare is doing. I will like to make this suggestion.
If his area does not have electricity, if his car gets damaged from bad roads, if his relative dies from police brutality, if his family member dies due to lack of good health care, if his children can not secure admission to university due to quota system, if he has no potable water in his home, if his church members die from road traffic accidents due to terrible roads, if his friends are victims of armed robbery due to lack of quality policing, if he has to pay higher prices to fuel his car, if he has to fend for several graduates who can not secure jobs on account of the bad economy; he should just quietly take it all to God in prayer.
Abi? God is the only solution to human problems. God solved the problem of apartheid in South Africa. God got us independence from Britain. God created the economic miracle of the Asian tigers. God liberated America from Great Britain and Kuwait from Iraq. God made Obama President and Martin Luther King, Malcom X, Jesse Jackson and all the other black civil rights activists were just noise makers. God made life easier in Europe and hell in Africa. Yes, only God can solve our problems and we should just leave politics to politicians like Anenih, Maduekwe, Alao-Akala, James Ibori, Gbenga Daniel, Fani-Kayode and the likes. If only we can do these, in fact we will achieve and surpass all the Millenium Development Goals before December this year.

it's getting complicated
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by hbrednic: 3:00pm On Mar 23, 2010
this is a none issue and no news  tongue
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Meldrick(m): 3:11pm On Mar 23, 2010
Aks:

@ BORAT--- from your harsh and absurd response, i can categorically say you are a NOVICE on the happenings in the country. By the way, are u a NIGERIAN?
Because he aired his view and did not support ur opinion, he is not a Nigerian and a novice in the happenings of the country. if he supports you in everything you say, he will no longer be a novice.

hissesssss
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 23, 2010
Kabikala:

Abi? God is the only solution to human problems. God solved the problem of apartheid in South Africa. God got us independence from Britain. God created the economic miracle of the Asian tigers. God liberated America from Great Britain and Kuwait from Iraq. God made Obama President while Martin Luther King, Malcom X, Jesse Jackson and all the other black civil rights activists were just making noise. God made life easier in Europe and hell in Africa. Yes, only God can solve our problems and we should just leave politics to politicians like Anenih, Maduekwe, Alao-Akala, James Ibori, Gbenga Daniel, Fani-Kayode and the likes. If only we can do these, in fact we will achieve and surpass all the Millenium Development Goals before December this year.
are men of God supposed to take sides.i mean one-sided in their view.he's not castigating obj and others on a personal note but in front of his congregation.what does he stand to achieve by insulting them.he needs to be cultured in his comments as people are looking up to him
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by yemmight(m): 3:20pm On Mar 23, 2010
~Borat~:

Bakare should shut up and sit down,
i mean what kind of pastor continually meddles in politics?

I wonder what you mean he's meddling in politics.  What is the qualifies you to be a politician? As a Pastor what bans you for not joining politics or critics?

If you have to condem this guy all the time what are you going to say about these listed revds?

Desmond Tutu
Jesse Jackson
Reverend Jeremiah Wright

They have been pain in the necks of bad governance.  Pastor Bakare is among voices to be heard and he's using that opportunity very well.  Please stop criticising this guy so that God dont criticise you ooo
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Kabikala(m): 3:21pm On Mar 23, 2010
@ Borat:
are men of God supposed to take sides.i mean one-sided in their view.

Yes. He should always be on the side of truth and justice. So men of God need to take sides.

he's not castigating obj and others on a personal note but in front of his congregation.

Exactly. He does not hate OBJ as a person. He hated his actions which have brought untold hardships to us as a nation. So he is free to make his views public just as we are privileged to read yours here on nairaland.

what does he stand to achieve by insulting them.

No personal gain. Just to condemn what is wrong. Are you saying we should only do things when we can derive personal gains?

he needs to be cultured in his comments as people are looking up to him.
Many people look up to him on account of his "uncultured" proclamations. Many of us see him as one of the few clergymen who can dare speak the truth to power. Most other religious leaders have been pocketed, or are cowards.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by marvix(m): 3:22pm On Mar 23, 2010
@ all those who took time to respond to my post,
I still stand by my opinion that a pastor should not be involved in politics especially the kind of politics we have in Nigeria. ArchBishop Desmond Tutu and Rev Martin Luther King are not the people whose message pastor Bakare claims to preach, Bakare gave his life to Jesus Christ and took up a job in his vineyard his ultimate role model is Jesus, not even Elijah or Isiah or any other prophet in the bible or any of the disciples or apostles.

When Jesus' forerunner John the baptist was beheaded his disciples came up to him and ask him to revolt or do something Jesus answered and said my kingdom is not of this earth, were the government of the day right when they came to arrest Jesus, No, yet Jesus went ahead to perform a miracle for the soldier Peter had cutoff his ear, the ultimate commission Bakare was given or he claimed to have been given by becoming a pastor is go ye therefore into the world teaching the nations and reconciling men unto God and not reconciling govt to the people.

As someone had said earlier Pastors like traditional rulers are supposed to be neutral always preaching peace and not taking sides and that is what i expect from the man of God.

We dont need Bakare to know that the retired generals brought us to this mess. His utterances make us doubt his call to the ministry especially when u consider his background a boy who grew up as a staunch muslim became an activist and then a pastor and now a politician, are we not sure he just used the church to gain popularity becos he has always loved being sensational and in the news if he wasnt a pastor who would even bother with what he thinks, so Bakare can come out straight with Nigerians and tell us on which side he is, Is he a Pastor or an activist? because you cant be both
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by kemisuga(f): 3:25pm On Mar 23, 2010
Well, we know Tunde Bakare for that. It is not NEW for him.

Pastor of Politicians grin grin grin
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by bayo1(m): 3:29pm On Mar 23, 2010
Guys, don't mind the people criticizing Pst. Bakare, they are either in govt or have relatives in govt. One way or another, they are benefiting from the misrule we are witnessing in this country. Why won't they speak against someone like Bakare?
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by yemmight(m): 3:37pm On Mar 23, 2010
kemisuga:

Well, we know Tunde Bakare for that. It is not NEW for him.

Pastor of Politicians grin grin grin

For this comments, you dont know him for anything.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by deb(m): 3:38pm On Mar 23, 2010
Bakare should shut up and sit down,
i mean what kind of pastor continually meddles in politics? Huh

Oga, you don't have to contribute if you don't have anything meaningful to say.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by alanbolo(m): 3:39pm On Mar 23, 2010
@ kabikala, I will say thx 2 U.  

Most of our problems have been summarized earlier , that when we're pushed to the wall, we'll break d wall keep on back-falling.  

God gave us wisdom to have a discerning mind,   As it's been stated over and over, someone have to paved d way 4 others to ascend,  Laurette Wole Soyinka and others have done and still doing their parts now, so that someone will use their backings to do better things for the masses.   Let's stop this crazy bashings when someone speak their mind and post constructive post for enlightenment's that will propel us higher.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by alanbolo(m): 3:44pm On Mar 23, 2010
As ridiculous and abusive it may sound, NL have provided a wealth of knowledgeable facts and it pains me when those educated/enlighten folks takes to abusive and derogatory languages just to drive a point home.  When will we grow up    As an adage goes ,  ile l'ati ko eso r'ode"It's from the home that we take ornaments of beauty outside"
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Kwajay(m): 4:05pm On Mar 23, 2010
@kabikala i tink bluetooth has made some clarifications. Bakare shld complain as a man outside d church & not preachin politics 2 his congregation.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by cap28: 4:06pm On Mar 23, 2010
marvix:

@ all those who took time to respond to my post,
I still stand by my opinion that a pastor should not be involved in politics especially the kind of politics we have in Nigeria. ArchBishop Desmond Tutu and Rev Martin Luther King are not the people whose message pastor Bakare claims to preach, Bakare gave his life to Jesus Christ and took up a job in his vineyard his ultimate role model is Jesus, not even Elijah or Isiah or any other prophet in the bible or any of the disciples or apostles.

When Jesus' forerunner John the baptist was beheaded his disciples came up to him and ask him to revolt or do something Jesus answered and said my kingdom is not of this earth, were the government of the day right when they came to arrest Jesus, No, yet Jesus went ahead to perform a miracle for the soldier Peter had cutoff his ear, the ultimate commission Bakare was given or he claimed to have been given by becoming a pastor is go ye therefore into the world teaching the nations and reconciling men unto God and not reconciling govt to the people.

As someone had said earlier Pastors like traditional rulers are supposed to be neutral always preaching peace and not taking sides and that is what i expect from the man of God.

We dont need Bakare to know that the retired generals brought us to this mess. His utterances make us doubt his call to the ministry especially when u consider his background a boy who grew up as a staunch muslim became an activist and then a pastor and now a politician, are we not sure he just used the church to gain popularity becos he has always loved being sensational and in the news if he wasnt a pastor who would even bother with what he thinks, so Bakare can come out straight with Nigerians and tell us on which side he is, Is he a Pastor or an activist? because you cant be both

@marvix your comments do not make sense - how can you condemn a man who fearlessly stands up to speak out against injustice?  the fact that he is a pastor makes it even more necessary for him to condemn injustice wheerever he sees it, jesus, who you refer to was a very controversial figure, he  espoused revolutionary ideas which made him so unpopular to the extent that his own people called for his crucifixion, he never shied away from the truth in the way that you are expecting pastor bakare to do.  your definition of neutrality is very strange, okay so let me get this right according to you neutrality is where a person sees something that is wrong but chooses to ignore it in order not to be seen to be taking sides - my friend that is not neutrality that is cowardice.  

martin luther king was very critical of america's hypocrisy - he took the american establishment to task over their constitution which stated that all men are created equal - he demanded to know how they could have this in their constitution and still deny blacks the same rights as its white citizens.  if you think bakare is too political you should go and read martin luther king's speech against the vietnam war which he made in 1967 and see how he launched a scathing attack on their political establishment,
here is a quote from that speech:

"A time comes when silence is betrayal." That time has come for us in relation to Vietnam"

would you prefer bakare to be like all the other cowardly praise singers who bury their heads in the sand while the nation goes to the dogs?

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/45a/058.html
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by kemisuga(f): 4:13pm On Mar 23, 2010
@ Yemmight how is clubfreedom, where is your position now? grin grin
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by sley4life(m): 4:16pm On Mar 23, 2010
Keep on blasting that f$$ls. I dont understand what they left in govt house
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 23, 2010
If you know where Marvix and his co travellers are coming from you will simply ignore them.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by MichaelAA1: 4:29pm On Mar 23, 2010
Well,to think that military is of salvation of any society,you endeanger yourself and endorse the rule of gun.Bravo!Pastor Tunde Bakare being the only Pastor so bold enough to come out and challenge the corruption of our leader by shuning intimidation and unlawful arrest.Where are our pastors?They are keeping silent in the face of injustice and afraid of CABALS.

If the wise refuse to rule,they will suffer the rule of idiots.And when the time comes we shall remember not only the words of our enemies BUT the silence of our friends.

Peace is not the absence of conflict BUT the presence of justice.

Let more of men of God come out and fight for the justice they preach in their churches.

Struggle continua victoria acerta. grin
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by yemmight(m): 4:36pm On Mar 23, 2010
Kwajay:

@kabikala i tink bluetooth has made some clarifications. Bakare shld complain as a man outside d church & not preachin politics 2 his congregation.

He took his campaign to the street.

He wanted to air his address to the nation through TV continental.  The stage has even been st b4 NBC stopped it.  Now the only option is the congregation that he has at his diposition.  Now what else should this man of God do?
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by yemmight(m): 4:45pm On Mar 23, 2010
kemisuga:

@ Yemmight how is clubfreedom, where is your position now? grin grin

Honestly I dont want to remember anything about CF angry
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by redsun(m): 4:46pm On Mar 23, 2010
This is the time the christian thighs and offerings will be highly appreciated by god to help fund save nigeria group.The salvation you guys have been praying and fasting for is now at hand.Don't ever consider it too political to meddle because jesus himself,if he ever existed was a political animal judging by the story,he was a rebel.a non violent one in the likeness of morden day rebel like Martin Luther king Jr and Ghandi.He was in his time up against the oppressive rules of the romans and their jewish collaborators just like today nigeria.Beware

This your time,play your part,contribute to the wind of positive change and live forever like jesus.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 23, 2010
When injustice becomes law, then resistance becomes a duty. Pst. BAKARE is man for the job. Let the other pastors prepare their flock for heaven
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 23, 2010
When injustice becomes law, then resistance becomes a duty. Pst. BAKARE is man for the job. Let the other pastors prepare their flock for heaven
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Dominoifet(m): 5:03pm On Mar 23, 2010
@marvix:Bakare has no buisness meddlin in politics, he should be somewhere praying for the nation and encouraging christians to have faith in God and not be carried away by politics. Who are the credible nigerians who contributed to his secretariat.Bakare you have called your self to the service of God and u can't serve God and Mamon, leave politics to politicians and instead concentrate on soul winning.

If u had said this 2000 BC u would av been their hero. Since u r still leaving in the era Before Christ pls leave and never come back to Nairaland again. Go to Neverland where pple don't talk and don't have rights
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 23, 2010
yemmight:

He took his campaign to the street.

He wanted to air his address to the nation through TV continental.  The stage has even been st b4 NBC stopped it.  Now the only option is the congregation that he has at his diposition.  Now what else should this man of God do?
redsun:

This is the time the christian thighs and offerings will be highly appreciated by god to help fund save nigeria group.The salvation you guys have been praying and fasting for is now at hand.Don't ever consider it too political to meddle because jesus himself,if he ever existed was a political animal judging by the story,he was a rebel.a non violent one in the likeness of morden day rebel like Martin Luther king Jr and Ghandi.He was in his time up against the oppressive rules of the romans and their jewish collaborators just like today nigeria.Beware

This your time,play your part,contribute to the wind of positive change and live forever like jesus.
@yemmight---the NBC may have stopped him to avoid any unforseen fallout.gone are days during the military regime when protests and rallies are held in the night or violently.democracy is here to stay,what we need is peace not incitefull rallies.@redsun---lol
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Dominoifet(m): 5:15pm On Mar 23, 2010
To Marvix, Sayso, bluetooth, Borat, Otokx, Kwajay etc and all those who can't see the sense in what Bakare is doing.

U r all children leave Nairaland go to disneyland or join faakay at the sexuality arena. He his waiting with great bossoms for u. F.u.c.king politically underage retards.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida / Black Man Makes Racist KKK Member Piss In His Pants.(pic) / I See No Wisdom In The South South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.