Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,186 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida (7619 Views)

Fayose Blasts Obasanjo For Always Begging For Political Favours / Ex-Presidents, Others To Meet Obasanjo, Babangida Over Jonathan. / Tambuwal Blasts Obasanjo On Rule Of Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by awaya: 5:16pm On Mar 23, 2010
@charloe

just replied a similar ignorant (pardon me) post like urs on another thread and u make me sound like a broken record. If d black americans & south africans took your advice, u'll agree with me they'll still be in bondage, and Nigerians wont be struggling 4 visas to go to US & SA to escape this hell called Nigeria.
 Let me refresh your memory a little [size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]cos nigerians tend to be blessed cursed with short memory: [/size][/size][/size][/size]d struggle against racism/apaarthied in d US & SA was actively led & fought by pastors (rev. martin luther king, arch bishop Desmond tutu). In contrast, what has your pastors and GO's done; pray, and are always quick to urge their gullible& ignorant members to pray & pray in d face of outright criminality and brazen oppression of d pple. D only ecxeption (pst tunde bakare) whom u've decided to attack, is d only shining star in d dark, gloomy, murky sky of christianity in these trying times facing our nation. Am not surprised though; obviously, these wealthy, jet-flying GO's don't want to rock d boat by standing 4 good against evil cos of their huge investment. Not to forget these corrupt & criminal govt officials/politicians are given front seats in these 'mega' churches, from where they donate and sow part of their loot into d life of d pastor & his church to thunderous applause from the ignorant members, high on (religous) drug . Is it any wonder Nigerians are so passive & docile push d Nigerian to d wall and he'll break d wall and continue sleepwalking
  My advise- don't just swallow everything u hear hook, line & sinker. The bible admonishes us to PROVE ALL THINGS (like the brethren in Berea), and HOLD ONTO THAT WHICH IS TRUE!  

Habba!!! Are u a Nigerian at all? True, your post makes sense in terms of trying to defend Pastor Bakare but I don't agree with the above highlighted portion of your post. Please, let us learn how to manage our emotions!!!
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Ben13: 5:35pm On Mar 23, 2010
This Guy Won't Concentrate On His Pulpit and Church Members.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 23, 2010
Honestly speaking I can't believe some Nigerians can utter such trash on NL,

I forbid you in the dream, in the physical a realm nd in the spiritual realm,

If you are not affected with what those baboons have done year in and out, then I believe you are part of the system, if not in now, you are nursing an opportunity to wreck your havoc when given the slightest chance,

I rebuke you once again, and I ultimately do that once again, heart of stone!

If 50% of the Pastors acted like bakare where on earth do you think christian politicians mostly will hide their shameless faces!!! Talkless if the idiot son of a Bit3hes Emirs or sultan followed suit on their followers where do you think Nigeria would have been.  If not for the opposition IBB would have still been in Power, what about Abacha, what about Obj and his third term bid.

Look man any given government thrives on opposition, leave a gov unopposed and the sayings will be a song on the lips of the citizenry,
Power corrupts absolutely and, complete it!
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by recoome(m): 6:25pm On Mar 23, 2010
where was bakare when the towns of odi, zakibiam and choba were invaded and lives and properties were lost by mesengers of obj?, where was bakare when thousands of nigerians died or were dying in the unceasing ethno religious conflict[as a man of GOD, expected to appreciate d values of peace and tranquility of human life] why did he not protest and mobilize to save Nigeria and nigerians?, where was he when the 2003 and 2007 general elections held in Nigeria was rigged in favour of political miscreants by obasanjo who manipulated Nigerians to go for third term? ask urselves
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Dominoifet(m): 6:41pm On Mar 23, 2010
@misterh:What we need now is action, enof of the blasting from different quarters. Fawehinmi did his best but he didn't succeed, what should the rest of us do?

Gani Fawehinmi was a success. He left legacies and awarenessto fight for our rights. Which u and I r in today. He was in the fore front of the cause of our nascent democracy. He was a champion
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by recoome(m): 6:43pm On Mar 23, 2010
yemmight:

I wonder what you mean he's meddling in politics.  What is the qualifies you to be a politician? As a Pastor what bans you for not joining politics or critics?

If you have to condem this guy all the time what are you going to say about these listed revds?

Desmond Tutu
Jesse Jackson
Reverend Jeremiah Wright

They have been pain in the necks of bad governance.  Pastor Bakare is among voices to be heard and he's using that opportunity very well.  Please stop criticising this guy so that God dont criticise you ooo
of all the horrible events and sordid happenings that has been going on in d past, is this the right time to stand up, he jst wants to attract attention and increase congregation base of his church.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by recoome(m): 6:49pm On Mar 23, 2010
Kabikala:

@ Borat:
Yes. He should always be on the side of truth and justice. So men of God need to take sides.

Exactly. He does not hate OBJ as a person. He hated his actions which have brought untold hardships to us as a nation. So he is free to make his views public just as we are privileged to read yours here on nairaland.

No personal gain. Just to condemn what is wrong. Are you saying we should only do things when we can derive personal gains?
Many people look up to him on account of his "uncultured" proclamations. Many of us see him as one of the few clergymen who can dare speak the truth to power. Most other religious leaders have been pocketed, or are cowards.

are u a member of his congregation.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 23, 2010
recoome:

where was bakare when the towns of odi, zakibiam and choba were invaded and lives and properties were lost by mesengers of obj?, where was bakare when thousands of nigerians died or were dying in the unceasing ethno religious conflict[as a man of GOD, expected to appreciate d values of peace and tranquility of human life] why did he not protest and mobilize to save Nigeria and nigerians?, where was he when the  2003 and 2007 general elections held in Nigeria was rigged in favour of political miscreants by obasanjo who manipulated Nigerians to go for third term? ask urselves

All wrong, get info before opening you mouth, if not it will cost you shame when suddenly you realize you're under informed, that man was the only pastor to oppose Obj head down(Christianity wise), u don't listen to his  teachings do you, they are many more things that Man has said the media isn't carrying man, I can beat you to it, let me ask you one, After the stadium was built, I mean the Abuja Olympic stadia, Obasanjo offered it to a god in its opening ceremony, while persons like you would be dancing and rejoicing, Ahoy, ahoy our new stadia, Bakare saw it and opposed it, did the media carry it? nope House of Prayer in Nigeria did same did the media carry it nope?  or do you expect Tunde to be yelling at every havoc this morons are instigating?  At least he is a voice and I appreciate it, let him be,
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by dodoro(m): 7:00pm On Mar 23, 2010
pastor bakare is a very concerned nigerian. he is very much entitled to his belief, opinion and the best way forward for this country. the Save Nigeria Group we will all agree brought about the change we have today. without them the national assembly wouldnt have seen the obvious reason to elevate Goodluck Jonathan to the position of acting present. we must give kudos to pastor bakare and other conveners of the SNG.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by aboxphem: 7:26pm On Mar 23, 2010
No amount of reproof from Pastor Bakare can change these men. What u choosed to do for God is very far to all these, dont be distracted, for the time is very short and Harvest is still plenty. Paul and other apostles in the Bible knew the state of Government in Roman empire, but they spoke sharply to these men (e.g Governor Festus, king Agrippa) each time they were called to defend themselves. Wait until they sit under ur ministration in any form. And dont abuse or insult any man, lest they speak evil of ur ministry. It's well.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 23, 2010
Dominoifet:

To Marvix, Sayso, bluetooth, Borat, Otokx, Kwajay etc and all those who can't see the sense in what Bakare is doing.

U r all children leave Nairaland go to disneyland or join faakay at the sexuality arena. He his waiting with great bossoms for u. F.u.c.king politically underage retards.
you have said anything much freakboy
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by kinharold(m): 7:32pm On Mar 23, 2010
The issue is that Pastor Bakare (with due respect: cos I love his massages as a pastor. And I am close to his ministry) need to define exactly who he really is: Lawyer, Pastor or Political Activist. I believe he would have been another (if not better than) GANI if he focusd on his law profession and become a political activist.

He should realize by now that the media are just using him to sell and make money; knowing that once they turn him on, he will just start "singing"
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 23, 2010
most folks miscontrue political noise-makers as politicians.in nigeria,anybody that can talk and carry placards is automatically a politician.very wrong analysis!!!
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Gunnaz007: 7:45pm On Mar 23, 2010
redsun:

This is the time the christian thighs and offerings will be highly appreciated by god to help fund save nigeria group.The salvation you guys have been praying and fasting for is now at hand.Don't ever consider it too political to meddle because jesus himself,if he ever existed was a political animal judging by the story,he was a rebel.a non violent one in the likeness of morden day rebel like Martin Luther king Jr and Ghandi.He was in his time up against the oppressive rules of the romans and their jewish collaborators just like today nigeria.Beware

This your time,play your part,contribute to the wind of positive change and live forever like jesus.

My friend, Jesus Christ was not and is not and is never going to be in the likeness of Luther king and Ghandi!! instead, these people were created in His likeness and are not co-equal with Him! And never you refer to Him as a political animal!!

In response to your doubt about His existence, CAPITAL YES (John 1:1-17)!! He existed and stil exist because He is the same yesterday, today, and forever!!!

Anyways, from d concoction of your post i decern you are an atheist! But you beta beware not to hit against the bricks as a result of your ignorance!!!!!
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by toibad: 7:56pm On Mar 23, 2010
Pursuant to the aforedmention article by tunde bakare,i commend his gallant strife along with the save nigeria group(sng).i join millions of nigeria to condem the insinuations by some political wolfs, claiming that the sng was a kalba spearheaded by mallam nasuru elrufai,and his allies,this is baseless and hold no water.
we appeal to mr acting president to remain focus and shun these political wolves and snakes surrounding him,as mentioned in the above article.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by kev123(m): 7:58pm On Mar 23, 2010
BORAT you are just a fool living in Nigeria, do u want to tell me that what is going on in this country that you are not aware? if u don't have anything to post pls just sit at home and do things else. and pls i i want to know how can i join this group SAVE NIGERIA GROUP?
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 23, 2010
[/b]
Gunnaz007:

My friend, Jesus Christ was not and is not and is never going to be in the likeness of Luther king and Ghandi!! instead, these people were created in His likeness and are not co-equal with Him! And never you refer to Him as a political animal!!

In response to your doubt about His existence, CAPITAL YES (John 1:1-17)!! He existed and stil exist because He is the same yesterday, today, and forever!!!

Anyways, from d concoction of your post i decern you are an atheist! But you beta beware not to hit against the bricks as a result of your ignorance!!!!!
this is getting hilarious.lwkmd[b]
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by eros(m): 9:57pm On Mar 23, 2010
Its so sad, very sad how Nigerians tear down what is good and build what is evil. When Bakare dies and your eyes are open, you would wish you stood by the man, believed in his cause and fought the good fight.

Pastor or activist, he has separated himself from the bunch and fought for what is right for Nigeria. Yet so many here condemn his actions and what he stands for. We are all entitled to our opinions, but it will be wise to think twice before typing those words on this forum. It means alot to someone out there.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 23, 2010
eros:

Its so sad, very sad how Nigerians tear down what is good and build what is evil. When Bakare dies and your eyes are open, you would wish you stood by the man, believed in his cause and fought the good fight.

Pastor or activist, he has separated himself from the bunch and fought for what is right for Nigeria. Yet so many here condemn his actions and what he stands for. We are all entitled to our opinions, but it will be wise to think twice before typing those words on this forum. It means alot to someone out there.
[/b]is pastor tunde bakare a pastor or politician cuz i know he can't be both[b]
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by porka: 10:25pm On Mar 23, 2010
Tunde should stop personalizing issues. Let him stop blasting people up and down, he seems to think that the more he talked about personality the simpler the problem of Nigeria becomes.

If we use his argument about people’s antecedent against him, I think his own antecedent has not been very fantastic. While, we don’t know his professional performance, i.e. how well he preformed as a lawyer, cases he won and lost, we at least know him through his calling as a pastor/prophet. He predicted Obasanjo’s death in 1999, this is 2010, 11 years later, Obj is still alive. He denied it. He predicted someone from Adamawa taking over in 2007, we all know Yaradua is not from Adamawa, again he denied it. He predicted Yaradua as the messiah Nigeria has been waiting for, he has since “taken his dances and prayers back” on this. From these prophetic blunders, one can see that in his own calling, prophecy, he doesn’t deserved to be taken seriously. When you consistently deny your prophecy or claim someone misquoted you, something is wrong.

Similarly, Tunde told his congregation sometimes in 2007 that he is handing over the administration of his church to another person. He indeed said he was going abroad, I think USA, to learn POLITICS in their university, in order to come and teach our politicians “how to play politics”. He has not kept to his words.

My two kobo: Let Tunde concentrate on issues and stop calling people names. He does not have the monopoly on this, as he is not particularly angelic in his conducts. People should not compare him with Luther King or Archbishop Tutu, these guys are not in the league of Tunde at all. I watched Tutu on Amanpour very recently, when he was shown what Mugabe said about him, he didn’t show any sign of offense or acted like he wanted to blast him back. Luther King advocated a non-violent approach to civil right movement, we know he didn’t attack anyone verbally or otherwise, at least not openly. Calling people vultures, crocodiles and such beastly creatures is unbecoming of a pastor.

There are many ways to criticize without attacking people personally. Even non pastors/prophets should be temperate in their language/speech. I wish him the best.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Nalds(m): 10:33pm On Mar 23, 2010
It is injustice it self when you refuse to fight against injustice, Pastor go ahead, if other pastors refuse to condemn what is bad later on the country will become to bad for them to stay in, for other people trying to talk Pastor out of what he is doing, you people are ENEMIES of NIGERIA.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Zodiac61(m): 12:00am On Mar 24, 2010
it is always amusing to hear Bakare pontificate on issues. Whilst one has to agree with him that our political elites (word used advisedly) have been responsible for running the country down, he fails to mention the role his profession has played in trying to kick the country into the middle ages. They "see the future", "heal the sick" and make people think that prayers will solve the country's problem.
Surely, it should be a case of taking the log out of his eyes before complaining about the twig in someone else's.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by CGKing(m): 1:23am On Mar 24, 2010
I know marvix and friends would show up here with their misguided spirituality.
Why on earth shouldnt a Pastor comment on the affairs of his country? This doesnt mean he is actively involved in Politics. The only reason other pastors have refrained from speaking publicly on this kind of subject is because of the fear of their statements turning out to be a misfire in future. In fact, all pastors who have continued to keep silent have actually turned their backs to the nation as it rots away. The bible says evil prevails when good men do nothing.

You ppl should go and search the scriptures properly, God always sent the prophets to confront or speak on the acts of the rulers. Nawa o.

When Naija good tomorrow, una go com tell us say na una dey pray for corner.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by CGKing(m): 1:33am On Mar 24, 2010
recoome:

where was bakare when the towns of odi, zakibiam and choba were invaded and lives and properties were lost by mesengers of obj?, where was bakare when thousands of nigerians died or were dying in the unceasing ethno religious conflict[as a man of GOD, expected to appreciate d values of peace and tranquility of human life] why did he not protest and mobilize to save Nigeria and nigerians?, where was he when the 2003 and 2007 general elections held in Nigeria was rigged in favour of political miscreants by obasanjo who manipulated Nigerians to go for third term? ask urselves

How does this fit into the topic?
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Rastamann: 2:16am On Mar 24, 2010
This man talks too much. We do not need too much talk from people like him, instead we need white fasting and powerful prayer for deliverance from people like him.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by yemmight(m): 8:43am On Mar 24, 2010
recoome:

of all the horrible events and sordid happenings that has been going on in d past, is this the right time to stand up, he jst wants to attract attention and increase congregation base of his church.

That man don't need to go to street or criticise govt b4 he increses his congregation. He's just known for saying the truth and problem we have in nigeria is people like you dont want to listen to the truth.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by yemmight(m): 8:52am On Mar 24, 2010
~Bluetooth:

@yemmight---the NBC may have stopped him to avoid any unforseen fallout.gone are days during the military regime when protests and rallies are held in the night or violently.democracy is here to stay,what we need is peace not incitefull rallies.@redsun---lol

Do you understand what we call democracy at all? Have you heard in that democracy freedom of speech? Even in US, UK and other developed world, dont they organize rallies? How in anyway in what the guy doing lead to violence? Am sure you don't understand the issue here.

[quote
author=recoome link=topic=417647.msg5752170#msg5752170 date=1269366577]
are u a member of his congregation.
[quote][/quote]

Do you have a be a member of his congregation before supporting him?
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 24, 2010
yemmight:

Do you understand what we call democracy at all? Have you heard in that democracy freedom of speech? Even in US, UK and other developed world, dont they organize rallies? How in anyway in what the guy doing lead to violence? Am sure you don't understand the issue here.

Do you have a be a member of his congregation before supporting him?
[b][/b]please answer this before i know what next to say.is tunde bakare a pastor or politician.what is the role of a pastor and a politicians.are men of God supposed to be partisan.i'm waiting please.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by otokx(m): 9:24am On Mar 24, 2010
Men of God should act with wisdom and under unction. Its not that today he will dance to left and tomorrow he crawls to the right. One thing i have noticed in this our country is that the mentality of many is so low and that our government and rulers are only a true reflection of the greater society.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by benabbey(m): 11:46am On Mar 24, 2010
@Marvis "Bakare has no buisness meddlin in politics, he should be somewhere praying for the nation and encouraging christians to have faith in God and not be carried away by politics. Who are the credible nigerians who contributed to his secretariat.
Bakare you have called your self to the service of God and u can't serve God and Mamon, leave politics to politicians and instead concentrate on soul winning"

This is the voice of an ignorant person. Should one continue to endure evil and destruction being perpetrated in Nigeria. Because one is a Pastor. The world was able to come out of the dark age through the tyranny of the Pope. By the work of Martin Luther King senior, while we have Obama today as the President of the United State through civil right work of Martin Luther King Junior.
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by Drunk: 1:53pm On Mar 24, 2010
@Topic
I well guess the Pastor is looking for his place in the Nigerian Politics. However, he has never seen anything quite clear about Nigeria's future and he looks from a murky eye. I used to think the Bible has a portion of Judge Not! For you shall be judge and i wonder who made a judge? I could as well say he is only assuming that those names he mentioned are trying to lobby but i suddenly believe he could make his point if his facts are made public and well known to most of us.

Well, i am used to his empty noises and can't he just show us the Secretariat the have obtained?
Re: Tunde Bakare Blasts Obasanjo, Babangida by smoothine: 2:22pm On Mar 24, 2010
Some nigerians can be very stupid and gullible.The white pple that brought reliogion to us when the black plague hit their land ,that was when they know that God has given them the right to do as they want and that they control their destiny but in nigeria its the opposite and thats why we are backward.You will call on god to come and deliver you from hell when god has given you the brain and the resources.
If all pastors wake up one day and start challenging the evil in the land .Lead protest to aso rock to demand for equality and justice nigeria would be a wonder country where white pple would be queing up for visa.Useless hypocrites .Why dont you wait for god to come farm for you to produce the food you will eat to survive .anofia.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lay Down Your Arms, We’ll Be Merciful, GEJ To Boko Haram / Anonymous Hackers Join "arms" With Nigerians In The #occupynigeria Protests / IPOB Has Turned Majority Of Once Loving Igbos To Hateful And Spiteful People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.