Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,729 members, 7,820,523 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? (1395 Views)

This Thread Will Shake The Foundations Of Your Beliefs(Pictures Included)) / It's OK To Question Your Beliefs / Your Beliefs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by Fekwa(f): 11:39am On Nov 15, 2017
I am of the opinion that aliens from other solar systems and dimensions exist and I also believe that they've interacted with humans throughout history, especially in ancient times. I also believe that a lot of our blurry understanding of our origin and our evolution as humans can be made clearer in light of unraveling the truth about the interference of alien life on our planet.

The above is just my opinion which is grounded on a lot of evidence, and it has shaped my world view and altered a lot of my beliefs about the true nature of reality and I'm prepared to engage in a civil debate with anyone who has opposing views, but besides this, I really want to know: If you had proof that alien life actually exists and has had contact with humans on this planet, how would it affect or influence your beliefs? As an atheist would it change your views about the non existence of a God, and as a theist would it shake your religious beliefs?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by hopefulLandlord: 11:50am On Nov 15, 2017
No it won't affect my knowledge that all religious gods are manmade

6 Likes

Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by Fekwa(f): 11:59am On Nov 15, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Man made in what sense? Man made in the sense what some group of people concocted a conception of God out of a vacuum, or man made in the sense that a group of people conceptualized a God based on their experiences and interactions with a being or beings that they didn't have a full understanding of?

Because when you say religious gods were man made, it sort of implies that people were just manufacturing fictitious stories out of their heads that didn't have any actual basis in real life experiences, and this is something I don't agree with.

1 Like

Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 15, 2017
I do believe Aliens do exist, had interfered in our civilizations and some of them still are present here.

A few days after I saw a documentary about aliens for the 1st, I experienced sleeping paralyze and it was the scariest moment of my life. Science says it's my fear and brain playing on me, but I won't be surprised if the figure was Alien.

I was nominal Christian at first, but become nonbeliever some years ago. After I was exposed about aliens on TV and online, I started to believe that our existence may have a connection with aliens (but it's still may be).

Watch the "Ancient Aliens" and "Aliens files unleashed" TV programs. It's very interesting.
Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by anibirelawal(m): 12:02pm On Nov 15, 2017
I beleived that they exist, only if the the word ALIEN have any relationship with the JINN.
Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by Fekwa(f): 12:05pm On Nov 15, 2017
anibirelawal:
I beleived that they exist, only if the the word ALIEN have any relationship with the JINN.

So your decision to accept or not accept their existence doesn't actually depend on empirical evidence supporting their existence, but on whether they fit a description of creatures in the Quran?
Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 15, 2017
I believe aliens exist. I believe it is IMPOSSIBLE for earth to be the only planet in the universe with life, or even intelligent life. When you take into account the Statistics (the recorded number of galaxies, and the fact that there are CERTAINLY more our telescopes have never viewed and others they will NEVER see, the estimated number of stars, and the number of probable planets), the fact that every part of the universe is holographic in some sense (the whole is in each part, and each part in the whole i.e microsom in macrosom and vice versa - the ancient hermetic principle of "AS ABOVE, SO BELOW" ), that stars have relatively the same composition, the same cycle of birth, death, and rebirth, and follow the same pattern in their formation, and in the formation of the physical structures that orbit them afterwards - when you consider all these, and you utilize the concept of PROBABILITY, you would realize that the same kind of processes (or slightly different, yet still similar ones) that gave rise to life on this planet MUST have happened somewhere else---not just once, but multiple times. Some would have succeeded, others would have failed. But they definitely would have happened somewhere else, other than earth. It might be close by. It might be light years away.

It's either the above is the case, or life was specifically created on this planet UNIQUELY (bullshit that I don't believe).

Haven said that, I do not believe humans have been in contact with aliens. And the fact that they might exist (I absolutely believe they do---as I've demonstrated above, it seems IMPOSSIBLE to me for them not to exist) has no significant effect on my world view. There's no evidence of contact with aliens, and I believe it doesn't make sense---since I wonder why they stopped visiting when we now have cameras and other technologies etc, so I don't believe in any extra-terrestial contact.

I just have a very simple question for extra-terrestial enthusiasts:

What the fück is your business with aliens? What concern do humans have with them, or they with us? What point or usefulness do they serve? For scientists to be WASTING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS on stüpid, pointless researches like this, when humans are suffering on the planet is INCREDIBLY MAD! Why are they looking for aliens? Of what benefit would it be to the human race? Even if we find them with radio signals, we can't reach them, since we don't have the technology! And what if we meet? It's still pointless, since with WHAT LANGUAGE will we communicate?

And wait, isn't this DANGEROUS for the inhabitants of this planet? What if they're the ones who happen to have vastly superior technology, detect our radio signals, locate our planet, and venture on an interstellar/intergalactic travel to conquer and invade?

Let us face our problems and forget aliens, please.

6 Likes

Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by hopefulLandlord: 12:05pm On Nov 15, 2017
Fekwa:

Man made in what sense? Man made in the sense what some group of people concocted a conception of God out of a vacuum, or man made in the sense that a group of people conceptualized a God based on their experiences and interactions with a being or beings that they didn't have a full understanding of?

Because when you say religious gods were man made, it sort of implies that people were just manufacturing fictitious stories out of their heads that didn't have any actual basis in real life experiences, and this is something I don't agree with.

This would lead to a long discussion and I'm kinda too busy for that right now

anyways, a deep and unbiased study of all religious gods show that none of those gods could have been the creator of the universe (if there is really a creator)
Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by CAPSLOCKED: 12:06pm On Nov 15, 2017
Fekwa:
I am of the opinion that aliens from other solar systems and dimensions exist and I also believe that they've interacted with humans throughout history, especially in ancient times. I also believe that a lot of our blurry understanding of our origin and our evolution as humans can be made clearer in light of unraveling the truth about the interference of alien life on our planet.

The above is just my opinion which is grounded on a lot of evidence, and it has shaped my world view and altered a lot of my beliefs about the true nature of reality and I'm prepared to engage in a civil debate with anyone who has opposing views, but besides this, I really want to know: If you had proof that alien life actually exists and has had contact with humans on this planet, how would it affect or influence your beliefs? As an atheist would it change your views about the non existence of a God, and as a theist would it shake your religious beliefs?

PLEASE TEACH ME HOW YOU BELIEVE IN THE "SOLAR SYSTEM", SPACE, ISS, OTHER PLANETS AND THE ANDROMEDA. I WANT TO BELIEVE TOO!
Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by Fekwa(f): 12:09pm On Nov 15, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

This would lead to a long discussion and I'm kinda too busy for that right now

anyways, a deep and unbiased study of all religious gods show that none of those gods could have been the creator of the universe (if there is really a creator)

How about religions which don't claim that their God was the creator of the universe? Do you dispute the existence of their God since he doesn't fit this paradigm of a creator God?
Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by CAPSLOCKED: 12:09pm On Nov 15, 2017
Hati13:
I do believe Aliens do exist, had interfered in our civilizations and some of them still are present here.

A few days after I saw a documentary about aliens for the 1st, I experienced sleeping paralyze and it was the scariest moment of my life. Science says it's my fear and brain playing on me, but I won't be surprised if the figure was Alien.

I was nominal Christian at first, but become nonbeliever some years ago. After I was exposed about aliens on TV and online, I started to believe that our existence may have a connection with aliens (but it's still may be).

Watch the "Ancient Aliens" and "Aliens files unleashed" TV programs. It's very interesting.

IT HAS TO BE INTERESTING OTHERWISE PEOPLE WON'T WATCH IT.
THAT'S HOW THEY MAKE MONEY, BY SELLING US THESE CONSPIRACIES.

THAT SOMETHING IS INTERESTING DOESN'T MAKE IT REAL AND TRUE.

QUESTION EVERYTHING.
WE'VE BEEN LIED TO ABOUT ALMOST EVERYTHING WE KNOW, NOT JUST RELIGION.

3 Likes

Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by hopefulLandlord: 12:20pm On Nov 15, 2017
Fekwa:

How about religions which don't claim that their God was the creator of the universe? Do you dispute the existence of their God since he doesn't fit this paradigm of a creator God?

if there is a god that's not the creator god, then that god was created by either humans or a bigger god, it still leads us down the same road

3 Likes

Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 15, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

IT HAS TO BE INTERESTING OTHERWISE PEOPLE WON'T WATCH IT.
THAT'S HOW THEY MAKE MONEY, BY SELLING US THESE CONSPIRACIES.

THAT SOMETHING IS INTERESTING DOESN'T MAKE IT REAL AND TRUE.

QUESTION EVERYTHING.
WE'VE BEEN LIED TO ABOUT ALMOST EVERYTHING WE KNOW, NOT JUST RELIGION.
I agreed on your initial statements, but conspiracists may or may not be true. We can't conclude on one side.

Yes, we have been lied on most things and the elites are saying that Aliens don't, but we know they do.

I'm open minded on most things. I sometimes think that we mayn't exist in the things we think we exist.
Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by anibirelawal(m): 12:27pm On Nov 15, 2017
Fekwa:

So your decision to accept or not accept their existence doesn't actually depend on empirical evidence supporting their existence, but on whether they fit a description of creatures in the Quran?
YES.
my reason is this,i dont want to drag in a particular religion to laid my claim. the truth is that, the charasteristics of JINNS are well known, while that of ALIENS is still a controversy.
thus, they can mean the same if their charasteristic are more similar.
Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 15, 2017
Fekwa:

Not intended to me, but I'm sure that some God/gods are fantasies while others are Aliens.
Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by Fekwa(f): 12:45pm On Nov 15, 2017
Hati13:

Not intended to me, but I'm sure that some God/gods are fantasies while others are Aliens.

I also believe same. I agree that a few might have been fantasies like you rightly stated, but I also believe that some might have been inter dimensional entities, the kind you'd call spirits, and they were able to interact with them through spiritual journeys or heightened states of consciousness, while others were actual aliens in space ships. No offense to Christians and Jews, but I think their god was an alien in a space ship. The old testament is replete with evidence that suggests this.
Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 15, 2017
Fekwa:

No such things as aliens. The fall of ancient Greeks created a vacuum in story telling and mastery in delivering fables,with this void came in new ideologies and stories, like the existence of aliens, just a pity, the entire world took it too seriously.

1 Like

Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by Fekwa(f): 1:51pm On Nov 15, 2017
Jupxter:

No such things as aliens. The fall of ancient Greeks created a vacuum in story telling and mastery in delivering fables,with this void came in new ideologies and stories, like the existence of aliens, just a pity, the entire world took it too seriously.

No, stories of aliens and their pictorial representation in ancient art predates the rise of the ancient Greek civilization. The Sumerian texts which predates the rise of the Greek civilization by roughly 3000 years and is also the foundation upon which the creation story in the Bible and Quran is derived, is the earliest document that points to the existence of aliens and their interaction with mankind.

There are a slew of evidences that suggest aliens exist and have interacted with mankind both pre-greek civilization and post-greek civilization.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by vaxx: 2:41pm On Nov 15, 2017
There is high possibity of alien existence....... And i am so much eager to have an experience of them in this my current life time....there is a particular branch of science called exobiology which deals with the study of life outside earth....though there is no existing data to buttress this claim and hence make the study to lack status in science environment.....though not so quick to dismiss.....the presence of water vapour of mars has been established....therefore making the existence of life in Mars possible.....

These are some of the questions that might be difficult for science if the discovery of aliens is established...

Is the life found biochemically similar to our own?

Are ‘they’ and ‘we’ of common origin?

Does life travel the void between planets or does it arise independently?

But abrahimic religion will suffer the most difficult questions.....

Will the aliens be Muslim, Christian, Jews ?

Will the aliens also accept that Jesus Christ die for their sins?

Does the alien pray facing mecca or kabba for the muslim? And lastly will the religious body accept to called them human?

However my faith (IFA adherent) already speaks detail about them and also give indication.....there is ebora who reside between heaven and earth, there is iyemoja who lives in water with its kids, there is elegba and so many I can't remember for now......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by dalaman: 2:51pm On Nov 15, 2017
If aliens are found I believe it will only affect theist like christians and Muslims.

As an atheist I believe that there is life in other parts of the universe.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by vaxx: 2:57pm On Nov 15, 2017
dalaman:
If aliens are found I believe it will only affect theist like christians and Muslims.

As an atheist I believe that there is life in other parts of the universe.
yes with the Jews.....they are with the dogma that man is the best and final creature...

3 Likes

Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by NPComplete: 3:07pm On Nov 15, 2017
The existence of Aliens will not affect anyone's belief in any way. People will always try to rationalize it.

The atheists will try to use it to prove that the earth isn't special and as such God couldn't be credited for making the earth.
Evolutionists will look for signs for evolution and use it to prove creationism is horseshit.
Christians will claim it shows how wondrous God is and that Jesus came to die for everybody even the aliens.
Muslims will find a way to use it to validate their Quran and claim the aliens are Djinns in the flesh.
Deists like me will just sigh and continue pondering on the meaninglessness of it all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by vaxx: 3:21pm On Nov 15, 2017
NPComplete:
The existence of Aliens will not affect anyone's belief in any way. People will always try to rationalize it.
no , it will have a serious implications, The Freedom From Religion Foundation, which promotes the division between Church and state, asked Nasa to revoke the grant to study the develpmet and threatened to sue if Nasa didn’t comply. While the FFR stated that their concern was the commingling of government and religious organisations, they also made it clear that they thought the grant was a waste of money. “Science should not concern itself with how its progress will impact faith-based beliefs.”serious implications with the abrahimic religion........NASA will have achieved this Development for long..... You can Google FFR
Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by DeSepiero(m): 4:15pm On Nov 15, 2017
In the light of new knowledge one should be able to unlearn and relearn.
Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by MrMystrO(m): 6:39pm On Nov 15, 2017
NPComplete:

The atheists will try to use it to prove that the earth isn't special and as such God couldn't be credited for making the earth.
Evolutionists will look for signs for evolution and use it to prove creationism is horseshit.
Christians will claim it shows how wondrous God is and that Jesus came to die for everybody even the aliens.
Muslims will find a way to use it to validate their Quran and claim the aliens are Djinns in the flesh.
Deists like me will just sigh and continue pondering on the meaninglessness of it all.

I had to quote you for this response.. We share the same mental space. journey on special one..

1 Like

Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by sonofthunder: 7:06am On Dec 29, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
is this the only thing you believe or its the only belief it won't affect?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by hopefulLandlord: 8:13am On Dec 29, 2017
sonofthunder:

is this the only thing you believe or its the only belief it won't affect?

I used the word "Knowledge"
Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by CAPSLOCKED: 10:14am On Dec 29, 2017
Fekwa:

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU WATCH TOO MUCH "HISTORY CHANNEL" ON DSTV.

ANOTHER FORM OF INDOCTRINATION YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT.
Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by petra1(m): 10:57am On Dec 29, 2017
Fekwa:

Alien ? That's too far . Demons and exorcism should be enough. If they are seeking truth
Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by johnydon22(m): 11:06am On Dec 29, 2017
Fekwa:

The Alien Gods theory, a theory that most ancient Gods are actually man's encounter with extra-terrestrial beings of higher intelligence and technology.

I do think this theory is an interesting one that needs deeper investigations
Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by johnydon22(m): 11:09am On Dec 29, 2017
Hati13:

I am inclined to agree with this to an extent only that i do not agree with the "I'm sure" part.
Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by johnydon22(m): 11:10am On Dec 29, 2017
Fekwa:

I also believe same. I agree that a few might have been fantasies like you rightly stated, but I also believe that some might have been inter dimensional entities, the kind you'd call spirits, and they were able to interact with them through spiritual journeys or heightened states of consciousness, while others were actual aliens in space ships. No offense to Christians and Jews, but I think their god was an alien in a space ship. The old testament is replete with evidence that suggests this.

Not necessarily extra-dimensional, simply extra-terrestrial is enough

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Pastor Stole Our Spoon! / Our VAL-IN-TIME What’s In The Air, What Does The Church Say? / God Is Not On A Sin Hunt - Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.