Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! (8402 Views)

Nairalander, Kylez Finally Releases His Music Video! / COMPREHENSIVE LIST: All Wizkid Songs A - Z In His Music Career / Which Songs/Music Videos Pisses You Off Bigtime? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by shotster50(m): 4:09am On Mar 23, 2010
According to reports, British star Taio Cruz is saying that he may NEVER feature Black women in his videos - EVER. Taio Cruz had a hit song in the UK called Come On Girl. But in recent days, he's come under criticism for not having Black girls in any of his videos. Well dude is UNAPOLOGETIC about it. Here's his official quote:

I like to put girls in my video that I think are hot. If a really hot black girl came to a casting, she’d be in my video.

He added:

I think that people even focusing on the race issue in my videos is a problem. And I would almost react by never putting black girls in my video, because I’m that type of person – rebellious. I’d be like, ‘If that’s how you’re gonna be, I’m never gonna put black girls in my videos.’

Soooo . . . let's get this straight. In ALL THE Castings, there hasn't been EVEN ONE Black girl who showed up that was "really hot" We would BOYCOTT his azz if we even knew who he was . . .

1 Like

Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by spoilt(f): 4:12am On Mar 23, 2010
Low self esteem brother who can only feel endorsed by white women.
Shame that white skin will always be seen as more beautiful by some. Anyway let him take his tally number and join the queue.

1 Like

Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by chiogo(f): 4:33am On Mar 23, 2010
And he wonders why he's unknown except maybe in the UK. grin
Seriously, this is funny to me: who the freak is he again? And he's actually doing black girls a favor, from my point of view. C'mon, women are usually degraded in these videos, especially when they're used in a bunch. tongue cool

1 Like

Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by Riverman2: 4:34am On Mar 23, 2010
no wonder black radio stations/dj's dont care to even kno wat he looks like, only satellite radio playin his shittey jamz

Heartbreaker oshi of a naija chaild, hiss, only if he knew his DNA had amala in it, hisss

Yoruba men always deny thier heritage, lawd hav merci, in DC they will claim carribean, wen i can see thru thier black faces, hiss, grin grin

1 Like

Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by shotster50(m): 4:43am On Mar 23, 2010
Trust Riversman to deliver once again.
Seriously, I think he is getting way to much attention than he really deserves.
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by ElRazur: 9:27am On Mar 23, 2010
Riverman2:

Yoruba men always deny thier heritage, lawd hav merci, in DC they will claim carribean, wen i can see thru thier black faces, hiss, grin grin

A bit of generalisation isn't?

@Topic

I think people are missing what is going on here. Casting agency can be of a bas7ard industry to get into. If you are ready to take the bullsh!t I guess as it isn't all glamour and what not. Ladies actually have to sleep with loads of people at times to get the part. Now I am not saying all the white girls do for that matter, but merely saying what I know about the industry.

The artist in question is not even making a fuss. All he is doing is not trying to bow to pressure hence his comments. It is his video, he can allow who ever he wants in it. I don't see why this is an issue.

Conversely, people can look at this as Black ladies not keen on perhaps going through all the crap that Modelling and casting industry is known for? Just a thought.

1 Like

Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 23, 2010
You'd have to guillotine this guy into bits before he'd consider admitting he has Nigerian roots.
Honestly, I hope he never admits he is Nigerian or has Nigerian roots.

@ Topic,
No wahala.
It's his choice.
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by kosovo(m): 11:55am On Mar 23, 2010
Great! cheesy
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 23, 2010
@post
what about if a black person genuinely doesnt see any attraction in black women? any guy in here who has lived outside Africa MUST have met white/asian women etc who dated ONLY black men. is it a crime to be only attracted to people outside your race?! shouldnt we have preference in our lives any longer?!

i know many asian women who dont like asians and who are only attracted to europeans/blacks.
i know GANGS of "black lovers"(white women who only date black men).
nothing wrong here!

so if this artist wants to only put white/asian women in his videos then thats his problem. (as if a black man automatically should put a black model in his vids?!)
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by phreakabit(m): 3:59pm On Mar 23, 2010
Who gives 2 f-cks, Dude looks and acts gay anyway,IMO
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by phreakabit(m): 4:10pm On Mar 23, 2010
@post
what about if a black person genuinely doesnt see any attraction in black women? any guy in here who has lived outside Africa MUST have met white/asian women etc who dated ONLY black men. is it a crime to be only attracted to people outside your race?! shouldnt we have preference in our lives any longer?!

i know many asian women who dont like asians and who are only attracted to europeans/blacks.
i know GANGS of "black lovers"(white women who only date black men).
nothing wrong here!

so if this artist wants to only put white/asian women in his videos then thats his problem. (as if a black man automatically should put a black model in his vids?!)

Dude don't try to justify your actions (thats if you are like that),I mean its not a crime to date outside your race but saying its all Caucasian,Hispanic or Asians for you being a black man is nothing more than a taboo, it just shows that mister Taio  Tayo suffers from inferiority complex and probably needs therapy for being manically depressed.Recent stats show that black women tend to get the least attention from online daters with Latinos and Caucasians being the highest respectively,and then followed by asians,black females come in last,thanks to the medias depiction of the black female .We black males also make black gals look and feel unattractive,I believe you are only considered HOT when you are wanted by everyone,black guys want to date and bone every single black chic they can find,but as soon as the money comes rolling in they would dump her a** for a white gal, lol.Anyways, as for me i like my coffee straight no sugar no cream. lol  grin

White gals who date black guys are either FAT or GOLD DIGGERS, Believe me
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by bawomolo(m): 4:41pm On Mar 23, 2010
you women are hilarious.

why do you want to be degraded and objectified in a music video all in the name of "equality".  I guess you won't feel equal or represented until nelly swaps a credit card through your backside.  I rather have black women campaigning for more roles in broadway etc than this rubbish.

i don't see how having a preference for hot white women equates to low self-esteem. 

phreakabit:

this is definitely not a generalization. heidi klum is obviously obese
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by phreakabit(m): 4:54pm On Mar 23, 2010
this is definitely not a generalization. heidi klum is obviously obese

True but you cant tell me she isn't a gold digger.He is a perfect maga,he accepted her when the real owner of her pregnancy turned it down, who be mumu? anyone will jump at an opportunity like that, besides Money is never enough you can always do with some more of it.Honestly sha if seal was broke and my sis brought him home for marriage i will beat the sh!t out of both of them,before unleashing the dogs on him, grin
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 23, 2010
phreakabit:

Dude don't try to justify your actions (thats if you are like that),I mean its not a crime to date outside your race but saying its all Caucasian,Hispanic or Asians for you being a black man is nothing more than a taboo, it just shows that mister Taio  Tayo suffers from inferiority complex and probably needs therapy for being manically depressed.Recent stats show that black women tend to get the least attention from online daters with Latinos and Caucasians being the highest respectively,and then followed by asians,black females come in last,thanks to the medias depiction of the black female , We the male also make black gals look unattractive,I believe you are only considered HOT when you are wanted by everyone,black guys want to date and bone every single black chic they can find,but as soon as the money comes rolling in they would dump her backside for a white gal, lol.Anyways, as for me i like my coffee straight no sugar no cream. lol  grin

why do most people on NL automatically think that having an opinion means that we are ABOUT IT.
i understand why someone like the poster would think like that, is that too difficult for you to understand?!
i dont care if women are brown yellow blue or red but if someone red prefers to ONLY date yellow ones then so be it. thats HIS preference and this has absolutely NOTHING to do with inferiority complex.
let me give you an example son:
- a black man/woman who are only attracted to people with natural long blond hair or blue eyes wont find what they are looking for in the black community. thats not a complex, thats called preferences.

the sad part is also that a person like yourself would DEMAND that such persons be attracted to blacks, either they like it or not.

just like some african men might not like african music and might prefer country music. its called P R E F E R E N C E S.

people like you are the ones always crying that you are wronged by society instead of living your life the best you can. i have never had problems with the media and i know "MR racism" since the day i was born, dont affect me one bit.
i guess if i think like an ignoramus like you do then igbos marrying yorubas also have an inferiority complex as well as christian dating muslims.
stop caring about what your brothas and sistas are doing with their lives and live YOUR LIFE the best you can.

btw saying that only fat or gold digging women are attracted to black shows how ignorant you are. go out a little, hang around a posh circle, see the world, open your eyes. give yourself(and your race) a little bit more respect.

black guys marrying for papers and white/asian gals dating blacks out of preferences are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. . . . . . . . . or are you saying that a black man can only date a white woman if she is fat or a golddigger?!

let me help you on that:
- Mariah Carey she is neither fat nor looking for a rich man,she just love the black men.
- Robert de Niro is neither fat or looking for rich women yet only dates blacks(he is married to one now)

also check the "lil"list of these following "black lovers"who are neither fat nor broke: Heidi Klum, Eva Longoria, Kim Kardashian, Cheryl Cole, Nicole Schwerzinger, Kimberley Walsh, Gemma Atkinson, Emma Bunton, Joss Stone, Carmen Elektra, Kendra(ex playboy bunny),  Ellen Pompei (greys anatomy).

get a grip on life, people date out of their race because they WANT and because they CAN!

1 Like

Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by ElRazur: 5:15pm On Mar 23, 2010
***hugs mrbrownjay***
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by A40(m): 5:54pm On Mar 23, 2010
@Phreakabit
Hehe I laugh in Konichiwa. So Kimora Lee and Heidi Klum are fat and gold-diggers right?

Who is Taio Cruz?
Never heard of him i s he a bank robber?

1 Like

Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by rapjunkie(m): 7:06pm On Mar 23, 2010
Taio Cruz is a gay fish. . . . so why are we concerned that he doesn't put black women in his videos. . . . . .

we should be happy that there ARE women in his trashy pop infested music videos.

I disowned that bagga a long time ago
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by Genuflect(m): 7:17pm On Mar 23, 2010
You don't say these kinda things when you're in the spotlight. Didn't dude learn from Yung Berg's case? I hope his career survives what's about to hit him
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 23, 2010
any videos of his to go by?

he may just have this negative image of black women as intimacy crazed, big bottom shaking nemphos, courtesy BET and the likes.

anyway, i dont know the guy so I cant comment yet.

and i dont think Seal used black women either.

this kind of thing is more common with black people in Britain, I think.
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 23, 2010
I like to put girls in my video that I think are hot. If a really hot black girl came to a casting, she’d be in my video.

so you people should find him a really hot black girl to put in his video nah.
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by chamotex(m): 8:36pm On Mar 23, 2010
Taio Cruz is nobody . . . no one knows him outside the UK

But I like the 'Like A Star' track tho . . . the one featuring Busta Ryhmes
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 23, 2010
He didn't just randomly outright come out and say it, he stated that he refuses to pander to such critics, and would even respond by never featuring any black women in his music videos, in an act of rebellion. There's a difference.

The whole race thing shouldn't really be that big of a deal and by the statement he made about people even focusing on the race issue in his videos being a problem, it seems as if it's not even something he himself thinks about, who knows.

Quite frankly, he can feature anybody he wants in his music video.

1 Like

Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by chiogo(f): 9:34pm On Mar 23, 2010
I agree with phreakabit jare. You people can scream preferences all you want but there's obviously more to it.
I won't get into that 'cause I really don't care that much.

Really, this Taio Cruz issue is good news actually. Now, if Obama says he won't put a Black woman in office, like say the Congress, then wahala dey  grin Unless the so-called females are being featured in the song, of what use is his using Black or non-Black women? How many of these video vixens are even known by first names except for the very few who went really hard in the "looking trashy" business. Puhlease. Black people need to start thinking big. Music video indeed. Rubbish upon knorr cube.  grin
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by chic2pimp(m): 9:54pm On Mar 23, 2010
tpia.:

any videos of his to go by?

he may just have this negative image of black women as intimacy crazed, big bottom shaking nemphos, courtesy BET and the likes.
Here is one of that Silly Dude's Video

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFG6AoEScVE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="[/flash]

tpia.:

this kind of thing is more common with black people in Britain, I think.
I Agree.
Famous Black peeps in the U.K don't usually date their fellow blacks. From Sportstarts to Actors/Actresses to Politicians.
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by chic2pimp(m): 10:06pm On Mar 23, 2010
chiogo:

And he wonders why he's unknown except maybe in the UK. grin
Seriously, this is funny to me: who the freak is he again? And he's actually doing black girls a favor, from my point of view. C'mon, women are usually degraded in these videos, especially when they're used in a bunch. tongue cool
His Videos are actually quite nice. Although I think it is silly of him to take that stance. My 2 cents anyways.

A-40:

Who is Taio Cruz?
Never heard of him i s he a bank robber?
Yep he is grin
He is Oyenusi's long lost brother grin grin

@ BAWO & MR BROWN JAY

There is absolutely nothing wrong in having  preferences however in some of these cases I think it is more than a preference.

1 Like

Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by waleski(m): 10:20pm On Mar 23, 2010
Dat is his business as long as he can entertain me nd make music dat is accepted i dnt give a phuck if he puts monkeys with bikinis in his videos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by eldee(m): 10:47pm On Mar 23, 2010
Come on guys, it's so obvious . . . his target demographic are the white folks.
That's not racism, it's just business.

The UK is 92.1% white . . . there are only about 1 million black (prolly 500,000 youths)people in the UK.
Black people will always buy his records because he's black, but that's such a small number.
Record companies get white girls to make sure he sells to the 92%.

In the US, notice how Justin's 'Like I Love You' featured a black chic . . . that's because he wanted to do a crossover song to be accepted by the black market.

[b]Besides why doesn't anybody complain when 50Cent uses black girls??
[/b]Isn't that racism too??
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 23, 2010
chic2pimp:

@ BAWO & MR BROWN JAY
There is absolutely nothing wrong in having  preferences however in some of these cases I think it is more than a preference.

are you actually saying that this man, because he is black, cannot be turned off by black women and MUST be attracted to black women?! he MUST put black women in his videos because he is black?! LOL
is that some kind of requirements in our genes? "you must always be attracted to your own race"

and then people dare say that HE has an inferiority complex?! looking at it this way, it seems like YOU have the inferiority complex where you demand that there should be blacks in his videos even if he desires not to.

who cares if ONE black artist doesnt want to have blacks in his videos? is that going to change anything in our social standing? is that going to make any difference in YOUR life?

as eldee just said: why dont you guys cry "racism/inferiority complex" when white artist use only black dancers/back up singers?
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by asha80(m): 10:56pm On Mar 23, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

are you actually saying that this man, because he is black, cannot be turned off by black women and MUST be attracted to black women?! he MUST put black women in his videos because he is black?! LOL
is that some kind of requirements in our genes? "you must always be attracted to your own race"

and then people dare say that HE has an inferiority complex?! looking at it this way, it seems like YOU have the inferiority complex where you demand that there should be blacks in his videos even if he desires not to.

who cares if ONE black artist doesnt want to have blacks in his videos? is that going to change anything in our social standing? is that going to make any difference in YOUR life?

as eldee just said: why dont you guys cry "racism/inferiority complex" when white artist use only black dancers/back up singers?

Is there any example ?
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by eldee(m): 10:59pm On Mar 23, 2010
asha 80:

[/b]

Is there any example ?

Amy Winehouse

1 Like

Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by Nobody: 11:45pm On Mar 23, 2010
chic2pimp:

Here is one of that Silly Dude's Video

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFG6AoEScVE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="[/flash]

thanx

there are black girls in this video though, so what's this thread actually about?
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by rapjunkie(m): 11:49pm On Mar 23, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

the most incoherent piece of drivel I have had the opportunity to read in 2010. . . .  . . .

Taio 'Gayfish' Cruz said

“I like to put girls in my video that I think are hot. If a really hot black girl came to a casting, she’d be in my video. I think that people even focusing on the race issue in my videos is a problem. And I would almost react by never putting black girls in my video, because I’m that type of person – rebellious. I’d be like, ‘If that’s how you’re gonna be, I’m never gonna put black girls in my videos.’”

By that statement he is implying that there no hot black girls in this world. . . .  . . . . . . Do u not understand why that statement is offensive?. . . . . rebellious?. . . .puhlease!! . .  .thats just a guy with a huge inferiority complex, COMPLETE UNCLE TOM SELL OUT!! Self hating, white butt kissing gayfish

F, CUK ALL Y'ALL THAT BOUGHT HIS SHITTY ALBUM!!!

tpia.:

thanx

there are black girls in this video though, so what's this thread actually about?

u need to go to specsavers. . . .  cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD MUSIC: Timaya Ft. Terry G – Lai Lai / How Ariya Repete 2018 Changed Lives Of Upcoming Musicians, Drummers / Download Mark Angle Comedy "The Petrol" Episode 86

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.