Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,996 members, 7,828,515 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! (8420 Views)

Nairalander, Kylez Finally Releases His Music Video! / COMPREHENSIVE LIST: All Wizkid Songs A - Z In His Music Career / Which Songs/Music Videos Pisses You Off Bigtime? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by eldee(m): 1:22am On Mar 24, 2010
mama-gee:

^^Why the music video, we believe he's a musician. tongue

That was for Rapjunkie . . . he thinks he's wack.
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by shotster50(m): 1:22am On Mar 24, 2010
@ mama, do u need him to pull out his wiki page  before you believe?!!!!
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by mamagee3(f): 1:26am On Mar 24, 2010
^^I said I believe.
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by chiogo(f): 1:30am On Mar 24, 2010
stillwater:

Who is Taio Cruz? undecided
All these British nobodies sef. . . tongue
LMAO!!!  grin grin

@Chic2pimp, you say he makes good music, who doesn't these days? As for the lyrics to that 'Break your heart' song - he's ignorant for that one. My point exactly. Only a foolish woman would want a guy to sing that to her.  cool
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by shotster50(m): 1:30am On Mar 24, 2010
'blank stare' @ Ogaga
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by Nobody: 1:32am On Mar 24, 2010
^^ slow your roll- the insults were meant for me, not you.

I have no idea why this thread is jumping all over the place like a yo-yo.

anyway, I no get ogaga's time- we'll meet in the religion, tv or literature section sooner or later where we can both flex our muscles at each other. angry

If you (ogaga) have a problem with using google while it's still free, that's your own wahala, not mine.
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by eldee(m): 1:38am On Mar 24, 2010
chiogo:

LMAO!!!  grin grin

He's Number 1 . . . 50 Cent's last album didn't reach Number 1.
Lady Gaga's Telephone, with all the crazy hairdos still peaked at Number 3 grin grin

chiogo:

@Chic2pimp, you say he makes good music, who doesn't these days? As for the lyrics to that 'Break your heart' song - he's ignorant for that one. My point exactly. Only a foolish woman would want a guy to sing that to her.  cool

I think it's actually better than the 'I love you from the bottom of my yansh' thing we here all the time.
He's saying, don't fall in love with me, cus I'm a heartbreaker . . .let's just have fun.
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by Nobody: 1:42am On Mar 24, 2010
the guy actually sounds/looks like he's never been in love before.

or been with a woman for that matter.

nothing do the music though.

they should ship him over to the US- him go experience falling in love quick quick. All the freshness go comot for im face.

by the time he sees black, latino, white, asian, carribean and what have you, plus all kinds of mixtures, him go wonder say him no know variety dey like this before.
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by chiogo(f): 1:45am On Mar 24, 2010
eldee:

He's Number 1 . . . 50 Cent's last album didn't reach Number 1.
Lady Gaga's Telephone, with all the crazy hairdos still peaked at Number 3 grin grin
Ok, and you're telling me because I care about 50 cent?  grin
50 cent is still internationally known, or so I think. I mean it's nothing if you're still obscure to the rest of the world besides UK folks, of course.
You know, I always thought Lady Gaga was from the UK for some reason until I got into an argument with my brother some months back and then I researched her.  tongue

eldee:

I think it's actually better than the 'I love you from the bottom of my yansh' thing we here all the time.
He's saying, don't fall in love with me, cus I'm a heartbreaker . . .let's just have fun.
Umm, I knew that. Still ignorant. . .and degrading.  grin
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by Riverman2: 1:48am On Mar 24, 2010
point of correction, He entered billboard charts at #53 and hit #1 last week, but couldnt hang in there, he is at #3 now, Rihanna's RUDEBOY is jammin on that top spot right na,

Puhlease let me know when his albunm comes out, if u aint hitting #1 with ur album then ur straight up whackery, just like KE$HA, she was #1 but her album failed like a JAMB result, please dial me on my nut 9 nut when his album drops, hiss

Son of an ILLEGAL UK citizen, lol, dats wat a friend called him, too funny, lol grin grin grin grin

Eldee - Tayo's song is a one hit wonder and thats how they enter the chart and fall off, QUEEN GAGA is on her way to #1, she aint in no hurry, remember BAD Romance and Poker FACE had thesame slow build up, but spent more than 6 weeks each at #1
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by Nobody: 1:54am On Mar 24, 2010
^^ dont know where the haterade is coming from shocked

anyway @ topic

another thing I noticed the guy doesnt sound British in his videos.

whenever I watch a UK artist, I like hearing the accent? I mean what's the point of listening to a British artist if they're not going to sound British?
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by Riverman2: 1:57am On Mar 24, 2010
BRITISH and NAIJA acts no difference, always wanna sound american , Yeesh!!!!

see all the black actors and actresses, same shiezzzz

TAYO ONI-ILERE is whack like ELDEE's deeck, grin grin grin

sorry yall, i drank palmwine 2nite
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:00am On Mar 24, 2010
tpia.:

^^ abi you dey craze ni?

the photos are on google, dumbo.

ever heard the term "public figure" before?

yeye

small time now you'll ask me why I'm posting Obama's picture.
[size=13pt]ApRoKo paper bag. . . . .! , so you fail to realise she have been insulting me on here and even on this thread she started the insulting thing . i didn't even insult her only trying to put her through the modern way of conversation. . . .uuhh?? ok  , i know you're siding here but check the above post to see how she started insulting me in the first place. . . smiley[/size]
mama-gee:

Reported!
Were the insults necessary? No.

I Laugh. . . .  wink wink smiley
shotster50:

'blank stare' @ Ogaga

tpia.:

^^ slow your roll- the insults were meant for me, not you.

I have no idea why this thread is jumping all over the place like a yo-yo.

anyway, I no get ogaga's time- we'll meet in the religion, tv or literature section sooner or later where we can both flex our muscles at each other. angry

If you (ogaga) have a problem with using google while it's still free, that's your own wahala, not mine.

[size=13pt]Okay. . . .you've better change the''badmouth''- habit you're using on people here. . . .though , you can hate me because of my lifestyle but I've never said i hate you--- I have said on one occasion i liked you but you kicked me off because you feel you're too big or something else. . .I liked you didn't mean i wanna have you as wife , well you can still be and always be a friend. . . .but i think the best ways to stop this misunderstanding between us is to ask me questions on thing you do really need to be cleared with.

Meet me in the Literature or Religion section to really share with me like never before. . . we cant continue like this. right? wink
[/size]
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by chiogo(f): 2:02am On Mar 24, 2010
I don't think you can really hear the accent when British folks sing, it's not just him. The few I've listened to sound like regular 'ol American artists.
I guess the accent only comes in when they speak.
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by Riverman2: 2:05am On Mar 24, 2010
uhmm,, have u listened to the white Brit acts, or even MIA, the accent wan dey there die,

only DUDU that will try to be yankee bye force, grin
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by Nobody: 2:06am On Mar 24, 2010
chiogo:

I don't think you can really hear the accent when British folks sing, it's not just him. The few I've listened to sound like regular 'ol American artists.

you can still hear the British accent here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGLXpIojJkg

but some of them (Brit artists) do sound American somewhat- leona lewis for example. Dont know if its intentional or a black thing.
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by chiogo(f): 2:10am On Mar 24, 2010
^^^ Haaa, I guess it's a black/white thing. grin Def. couldn't tell the accent from that video, sounds the same way White American artists sound. lol
I guess the UK isn't much different from the U.S., Blacks sound different from Whites. cool
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by shotster50(m): 2:12am On Mar 24, 2010
Lol @ British and Nigerians trying to sound American, Anybody who grew up with MTV and such  sounded American at some point, Make we no dey decieve ourselves.
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by Nobody: 2:17am On Mar 24, 2010
@ ogaga

I have no idea what you're going on about.

You must be confusing me with someone else.

I've corrected you a few times when you got carried away with yourself.

and yes, I was doing you a big favor with that.

so can you face the topic here and stop following me everywhere.

If you get carried away again I'll correct you again, and anytime you see me colonizing a whole section or thread with my personal philosophies, feel free to call me to order.
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by bluespice(f): 2:27am On Mar 24, 2010
chiogo:

u need to listen to some others tongue
[flash=600,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc7W8Q-g9Lg[/flash]
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by Nobody: 2:42am On Mar 24, 2010
@ chiogo

here's another song from the same movie- the woman sounds American while the man (Hugh) keeps his British accent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbYGomf2BEU
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:48am On Mar 24, 2010
[size=13pt]OK! if you've said so i agree . i must have mistaken you to be one Tpia my friends ( Abuzola) and ( Banom) always terror in the religion section. . . .on one occasion he posted a very BIG Gorilla photo in place of Tpia's. . . .well , if you insist you arein't the person i have been sharing with on the RELIGION section i stretch out my hands of apologia. . . you sound so nice this time around , i prefer it this way and lets keep it going. . . . Do not fail me . I mean you can always meet me and ask me question on the satanic philosophy i have choosen to follow all my life. . . .would be pleased to explain why i have great love for the SATAN , not as the world have been thinking. . . .now , people would discover his lovely and peaceful IDENTITY.
[/size]

tpia.:

@ ogaga

I have no idea what you're going on about.

You must be confusing me with someone else.

I've corrected you a few times when you got carried away with yourself.

and yes, I was doing you a big favor with that.

so can you face the topic here and stop following me everywhere.

If you get carried away again I'll correct you again, and anytime you see me colonizing a whole section or thread with my personal philosophies, feel free to call me to order.
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by eldee(m): 11:25am On Mar 24, 2010
chiogo:

Ok, and you're telling me because I care about 50 cent?  grin
50 cent is still internationally known, or so I think. I mean it's nothing if you're still obscure to the rest of the world besides UK folks, of course.
You know, I always thought Lady Gaga was from the UK for some reason until I got into an argument with my brother some months back and then I researched her.  tongue

At the end of the day . . . he hit number one.
Obscure or not . . . he's topped the charts on both sides of the Atlantic.

That means his work speaks for him . . . that's what music's supposed to be like.
Just like how Amy Winehouse won five Grammys while the Americans were busy hating on her.

chiogo:

Umm, I knew that. Still ignorant. . .and degrading.  grin

'Let's have fun' is ignorant??
What do they put in y'all's food?? tongue tongue

@rivermsnman
Ignored
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by eldee(m): 11:29am On Mar 24, 2010
tpia.:

another thing I noticed the guy doesnt sound British in his videos.

whenever I watch a UK artist, I like hearing the accent? I mean what's the point of listening to a British artist if they're not going to sound British?

[flash=450,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzI2bZKiwoA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by rapjunkie(m): 11:38am On Mar 24, 2010
eldee:

That was for Rapjunkie . . . he thinks he's wack.

He is still WACK. . . . . .what a soppy song. . . . . . . . i needed a can a red bull just to make it through that drivel
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by eldee(m): 11:42am On Mar 24, 2010
rapjunkie:

He is still WACK. . . . . .what a soppy song. . . . . . . . i needed a can a red bull just to make it through that drivel

Rapjunkie . . . you're seriously being a certified hater right now.
I know you don't like the fact that he prefers to be Brit . . . but come on, his work is good, better than most guys out there.

There's a massive difference between reasonable criticism and hating . . . you're being a pure hater.
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by rapjunkie(m): 11:52am On Mar 24, 2010
eldee:

Rapjunkie . . . you're seriously being a certified hater right now.
I know you don't like the fact that he prefers to be Brit . . . but come on, his work is good, better than most guys out there.

There's a massive difference between reasonable criticism and hating . . . you're being a pure hater.

Of COURSE IM A CERTIFIED TAIO CRUZ HATER. . . . .  .PLUS THE GUY IS SHYTE!!

How can u honestly say this retard is better than most guys out there?. . . . cos he got to no.1 in the US?. . .is that your barometer for sucess?  . . Jay Sean got to no1. . . . .  shocked. . . . Black Eyed Peas stayed no.1 for 6 months on the back of two cheesy hip 'pop' tracks. . . .  .i don't think you should be beating your chest over this overhyped asswipe.
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by debosky(m): 11:58am On Mar 24, 2010
Is it by force to put black girls in the videos? Aren't there enough booty shaking hoochie mamas in videos already?

Does putting black girls in objectifying music videos something to aspire to?

Black folk are so deluded - if someone brings out a video with white people kissing pigs someone will complain that it means that black people aren't good enough to kiss pigs. undecided

He can put whoever he wants in his music videos - people are still buying the records so kini big deal?

To those screaming 'he is wack'. . . .when you sell 10,000 copies not to talk of 300,000 then you can open your yappers.
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by rapjunkie(m): 12:08pm On Mar 24, 2010
debosky:

Is it by force to put black girls in the videos? Aren't there enough booty shaking hoochie mamas in videos already? 

Does putting black girls in objectifying music videos something to aspire to?

Black folk are so deluded - if someone brings out a video with white people kissing pigs someone will complain that it means that black people aren't good enough to kiss pigs.  undecided

He can put whoever he wants in his music videos - people are still buying the records so kini big deal? 

To those screaming 'he is wack'. . . .when you sell 10,000 copies not to talk of 300,000 then you can open your yappers.

I should sell 10,000 copies of what?. . . . . r u ok?

Also, its a free world. . . he can do what he likes. . . . .and I can do what i like which includes opening my 'yappers'. . . . .  . .

U say that Black people are so deluded (Prime example of self  hate). . .  .does that include urself?. . . . . .
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by eldee(m): 12:12pm On Mar 24, 2010
rapjunkie:

Of COURSE IM A CERTIFIED TAIO CRUZ HATER. . . . .  .PLUS THE GUY IS SHYTE!!

How can u honestly say this retard is better than most guys out there?. . . . cos he got to no.1 in the US?. . .is that your barometer for sucess?  . . Jay Sean got to no1. . . . .  shocked. . . . Black Eyed Peas stayed no.1 for 6 months on the back of two cheesy hip 'pop' tracks. . . .  .i don't think you should be beating your chest over this overhyped asswipe.

That's the problem . . . you're letting your sentiments affect your jdgement.
It's almost impossible to make a good decision with emotions controlling you.

Now you just implied that Black Eyed Peas are wack because they're not doing sum Talib Kweli ish.
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by debosky(m): 12:17pm On Mar 24, 2010
rapjunkie:

I should sell 10,000 copies of what?. . . . . r u ok?

Also, its a free world. . . he can do what he likes. . . . .and I can do what i like which includes opening my 'yappers'. . . . .  . .

U say that Black people are so deluded (Prime example of self  hate). . .  .does that include urself?. . . . . .

What is self hating about speaking the truth? When people are bothered about putting more booty shaking black women in videos then you know there is a problem.

If I hold such an opinion then I can be regarded as deluded.

Open your yapper as wide as you want - Taio keeps laughing to the bank. grin
Re: Popular Black Uk Artist Says He'll Never Put Black Girls In His Music Videos! by yme1(f): 12:42pm On Mar 24, 2010
whats my own
he puts black girls or pink girls in his video o
that is his own cup of coffee

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dbanj Shot Dead In Usa? / B.A.D By Skuki Behind-the-scene Photos / I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.