Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

Can Pastors Do Business? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Pastors Do Business? (7004 Views)

Poll: Should They?

Yes: 78% (25 votes)
No: 21% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets / Five things Nigerian Pastors do / 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Pastors Do Business? by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 26, 2010
Can anyone give me an example of a Pastor whose business is not creating Job opportunities?
Re: Can Pastors Do Business? by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 26, 2010
@ poster,

If Pastors must do business alongside the work of God for any reason whatsoever, then they MUST stop collecting Tithe because God asked the children of Israel to pay tithe to the Levites because He forbid them from doing any other job or business apart from working in the synagogue.

This is what most Pastors would not let you know about the origin of tithing.

remember we have 12 houses of Israel and the twelfth one is the levites who were charged with the responsibilities of taking care of the Synagogue. God specifically chose them among the 12 houses and He said they cannot own land nor farm but they must devote all their live in the Synagogue. For this reason, He charged the remaining eleven houses to bring the 10% of their fruits into the house of God so that there would be food and money for the chosen levites.

I know pastors would have a way to explain away this but that's what the Bible says.
Re: Can Pastors Do Business? by tEsLim(m): 11:14am On Mar 26, 2010
They already have a job! They run the biggest corporations in Nigeria. This people are the big C.E.O of untaxed companies. Even buying private JETS!!!! yeah I'm like hell no to the church C.E.O with private jets. Untaxed public funds. I know you cultist will bash me on this thread but i dont care what cult you belong to. God is in you , and answers prayers regardless of what cult you are. The true spiritualism is from within , the temple is inside you. You don't need anybody to tell you who God is. This people don't even know GOD they lie and mislead millions of people. More people have died in the world in the name of religion.

The world will be a better place without your cult extremists everywhere. And you probably be a better person if you don't believe in anything spiritual or religious
Re: Can Pastors Do Business? by Lacuzy: 1:15pm On Mar 26, 2010
@poster of course hes got needs and wants. But he should always remember his calling never to mix up things.
Re: Can Pastors Do Business? by nairapower: 4:58pm On Mar 26, 2010
A pastor can do business. He carries a dual identity. He is first a father/husband before a pastor. He may so decide to acts as a full time pastor or as a part time pastor. But what is important is that he should not rob God in any way as in giving all that God requires from him.
Re: Can Pastors Do Business? by jemmyvibe: 5:19pm On Mar 26, 2010
They already do don't they?
Re: Can Pastors Do Business? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 27, 2010
Most pastors have families to feed, therefore they must have income. If they are full-time pastors, then the church should pay them a salary and if they are part-time, they can have another profession and earn a salary or do any other form of legal/Godly business to earn an income. The Bible says every man should be able to provide for his family so Pastors are allowed to do business if that is what they want to do. What is wrong is seeing the church as a private business or using church funds to further their private businesses, but nothing stops a Pastor from doing business. You forget that most pastors already had a means of livelihood before joining the ministry and cannot be compelled to stop that. They are ordinary humans after all, and they have needs too.
Re: Can Pastors Do Business? by abiolapau(m): 8:28pm On Mar 27, 2010
Well for me any way there is nothing bad in the Pastor of a Church doing another business apart from being the Pastor of a Church if the Pastor is not a full time Pastor of a Church, but for a full time pastor who is financially okay.But in Nigeria now most people suffer from Financial problems.So for me i don't see any thing bad in a Pastor doing another business apart from being the Pastor of a church.
Re: Can Pastors Do Business? by harakiri(m): 4:45am On Mar 28, 2010
Pastors have always been businessmen. . .ripping people off their hard earnings.Sometimes i wonder why my fellow men fail to realize that Christianity is a flawed religion that was imposed on us by the white man (who brought slavery with it).
Re: Can Pastors Do Business? by agapeLuv1(m): 12:11pm On Mar 29, 2010
A loud yes Paul [/b]in the bible was making tent to meet his Need, I have just thought my branch pastor how to make 57,000 weekly just working (marketing with phone handset and his savings account), His is so happy with his ministry and Family today by next week we will dedicate his new car bought from his online bizness that he started few months ago with 7,500, if U ar a pastor and a member of N.L I will train you for FREE, just let me know when you are ready,you work from home or a cyber cafe you can even start by tomorrow, l[b]ets learn to support our pastors and not condem then .thnx and God bless
Re: Can Pastors Do Business? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 29, 2010
i dnt know if i should realy support pastors doing biz now coz even Jesus said man cant serve God and money at same time
Re: Can Pastors Do Business? by royalicon(m): 4:03pm On Mar 29, 2010
Yes oooooo, BUT a Legitimate one.
Re: Can Pastors Do Business? by Casfan123: 3:58pm On May 08, 2010
All pastors are crimimals.dey deceive people in d name of church.how can a pastor ask u 2 pay  so dat he can pray 4 u.in some churches dey do offring up 2 4 times.in d bible, did juses ever collect money 4rm anybody 2 pray 4 him or heal him.pastors are 419.i wish i had a gun,i will execute dem 1 by 1

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do You Go To Church? / Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? / Christians Are Hypocrites! What A Shame!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.