Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? (3464 Views)

Financing Our Future - Kemi Adeosun / No Room For Full Sharia Implementation In Nigeria – Buhari / No Dialogue Until Nigeria Adopts Sharia Law - Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 23, 2010
Re: Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 23, 2010
You do not have to watch the whole documentary, but the first 2 - 5 minutes says it all.

Listen to the guy say that he wants the whole of Nigeria to practice Sharia.
Re: Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by hatch: 5:18pm On Mar 23, 2010
frosbel:

You do not have to watch the whole documentary, but the first 2 - 5 minutes says it all.

Listen to the guy say that he wants the whole of Nigeria to practice Sharia.

@ frosbel

Any time i bring up the issue that i sense you are a hater of islamic / north / hausa . You will be quick to deny this fact and say the otherwise. I can see between the lines that you are here on NL to foment trouble by instigating people against the north and islam as a whole.

I an neither a muslim nor a hausa from the north but i can defend issues that i see as baseless and irrelevant. Sharia may have been adopted in the some parts of the north but that is as far as it gets. Only people faraway that prefer to stay in their cozy cribs beyond the shores of this country without the slightest idea of true pictures of things will go about instigating trouble with such un warranted thread such as this one. undecided
Re: Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by chichiwill: 5:22pm On Mar 23, 2010
God forbid bad thing,reject it for nigeria in Jesus name, Amen. God go purnish the president or whoever who wan introduce sharia law for we, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhew (hiss)
Re: Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 23, 2010
hatch#:

@ frosbel

Any time i bring up the issue that i sense you are a hater of islamic / north / hausa . You will be quick to deny this fact and say the otherwise. I can see between the lines that you are here on NL to foment trouble by instigating people against the north and islam as a whole.

I an neither a muslim nor a hausa from the north but i can defend issues that i see as baseless and irrelevant. Sharia may have been adopted in the some parts of the north but that is as far as it gets. Only people faraway that prefer to stay in their cozy cribs beyond the shores of this country without the slightest idea of true pictures of things will go about instigating trouble with such un warranted thread such as this one. undecided

lol, I knew it was only a matter of time before you or your jobless friend hollandis will jump into my posts and start making noise without a proper understanding of the subject matter.

And by the way I have been on Nairaland for about 3 years, can you tell me within those years apart from these last few weeks where and when have I posted anti-islamic items ?

For me this is a recent discovery about Nigeria and the trend of events especially with regard to Jos and the aftermath of Islamic law which was introduced in the North a few years ago.

Its a phase, get over it move on and stop commenting on my posts if your have nothing worthwhile to say.
Re: Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by hatch: 5:31pm On Mar 23, 2010
The clown you are will never allow you to see beyond your pair of myopic eyes. undecided
Sharia is now a problem to you abi ? Sit in your comfort zone making un necessary noise about a forgotten issue.

When the sharia issue was initially a bother some back in 99 and 2000 when some states adopted it. I guess you were not yet born then or something. The fact is sharia has its boundaries in Nigeria and even a little child in Nigeria knows that.

But people like you lost in your faraway imaginary world will never see beyond this instead you will make noise about how the north / hausas / islam are the cause of your problems and how Nigerians home are envious of you. undecided
Re: Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by Beaf: 5:32pm On Mar 23, 2010
hatch#:

@ frosbel

Sharia does not equal Islam, North or Hausa. Stop mixing things to make trouble.
Sharia is a very barbaric, backward practice, no sane person should be found defending or practicing it.
Re: Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by UcheUwadi(m): 5:36pm On Mar 23, 2010
Sharia Law has been outdated. It is still in its Middle Age phase. No one said that the Sharia Law should stay static. As society progresses, nothing remains the same. Laws must be updated, to keep up with the times.

However, Sharia Law should only impact Muslims. Not Christians or other non-believers. The Prophet Mohammed never intended for Muslim laws to be enforced on other people of the books since we have our own laws.
Re: Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 23, 2010
hatch#:

The clown you are will never allow you to see beyond your pair of myopic eyes.  undecided
Sharia is now a problem to you abi ? Sit in your comfort zone making un necessary noise about a forgotten issue.

When the sharia issue was initially a bother some back in 99 and 2000 when some states adopted it. I guess you were not yet born then or something. The fact is sharia has its boundaries in Nigeria and even a little child in Nigeria knows that.

But people like you lost in your faraway imaginary world will never see beyond this instead you will make noise about how the north / hausas / islam are the cause of your problems and how Nigerians home are envious of you.  undecided

Okay now I know you are a dunce.

You cannot see the wood from the trees.

If you had read the news a few years ago regarding a mixed religious state such as Kaduna where Sharia was to be introduced and caused the death of thousands, do you not see that as a threat?

You are so passive you just do not get it. I have done tons and tons of research and Sharia is never confined to one region, in its essence it seeks to dominate other regions within the same entity.

We are seeing the same thing happen here in the UK, and obviously not all Muslims support it does not mean it is not a threat ?
Re: Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 23, 2010
UcheUwadi_:

Sharia Law has been outdated. It is still in its Middle Age phase. No one said that the Sharia Law should stay static. As society progresses, nothing remains the same. Laws must be updated, to keep up with the times.

However, Sharia Law should only impact Muslims. Not Christians or other non-believers. The Prophet Mohammed never intended for Muslim laws to be enforced on other people of the books since we have our own laws.

lol, who told you that, go and ask Iraqi, Syrian and middle eastern christians.

Or even better since you are a Christian not under Sharia, go to Saudi Arabia and steal a goat and see what will happen, lol. grin grin grin
Re: Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by Fhemmmy: 5:41pm On Mar 23, 2010
It is not possible
Re: Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by hatch: 5:44pm On Mar 23, 2010
Beaf:

Sharia does not equal Islam, North or Hausa. Stop mixing things to make trouble.
Sharia is a very barbaric, backward practice, no sane person should be found defending or practicing it.

Beaf, i truly get your point and drift. But let me give u a clearer picture of what my argument is. In as much as i know that sharia does not necessarily equal to islam / north / hausa but let me point out that the poster has set to paint a picture that suggest that Nigeria's future is drifting towards a holistic sharia nation which is certainly not possible.

Sharia law's practice currently in Nigeria has its boundaries and its limit points. But the poster certainly wants to paint a picture that suggests that what his video claims is a total domination of Nigeria by Sharia which we no can never happen even in a million years.

Does the word Secular state mean anything to you at all ?  undecided
Re: Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 23, 2010
hatch#:

Beaf, i truly get your point and drift. But let me give u a clearer picture of what my argument is. In as much as i know that sharia does not necessarily equal to islam / north / hausa but let me point out that the poster has set to paint a picture that suggest that Nigeria's future is drifting towards a holistic sharia nation which is certainly not possible.

Sharia law's practice currently in Nigeria has its boundaries and its limit points. But the poster certainly wants to paint a picture that suggests that what his video claims is a total domination of Nigeria by Sharia which we no can never happen even in a million years.

Hatch I asked a question for the purpose of discourse and not discord.

This is a forum and we all contribute to topics either for or against and thats what makes it interesting.

Please calm down and stop getting agitated over nothing.
Re: Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 23, 2010
Beaf:

See political correctness, O boy ee. Beaf, Sharia equal Islam it's the rule of Islam according to the Quran, if Sharia is outdated, so is Islam. That's it!!
Re: Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by hatch: 5:49pm On Mar 23, 2010
frosbel:

Okay now I know you are a dunce.

You cannot see the wood from the trees.

If you had read the news a few years ago regarding a mixed religious state such as Kaduna where Sharia was to be introduced and caused the death of thousands, do you not see that as a threat?

You are so passive you just do not get it. I have done tons and tons of research and Sharia is never confined to one region, in its essence it seeks to dominate other regions within the same entity.

We are seeing the same thing happen here in the UK, and obviously not all Muslims support it does not mean it is not a threat ?

It obvious that you have confirmed to me now that you probably one of the biggest nut cases on NL if you are suggesting to us here that Sharia can be implemented in totality in Nigeria  undecided

We are seeing the same thing happen here in the UK

I have told to time and time with out number to stop sniffing cow dung .It is obvious that it is responsible all these your conspiracy theories since you are now seeing the same thing happen in UK. I am sure sharia may soon be implemented on your street in UK, so run for cover .  embarassed  embarassed
Re: Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 23, 2010
hatch#:

Now I know you are not a politician.

A secular state is a concept of secularism, whereby a state or country purports to be officially neutral in matters of religion, supporting neither religion nor irreligion. A secular state also claims to treat all its citizens equally regardless of religion, and claims to avoid preferential treatment for a citizen from a particular religion/nonreligion over other religions/nonreligion. Most often it has no state religion or equivalent.

examples, UK, USA and Europe in General, etc etc.

Do you call pracitsing Sharia by force a trait of a secular state ?
Re: Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 23, 2010
hatch#:

It obvious that you have confirmed to me now that you probably one of the biggest nut cases on NL if you are suggesting to us here that Sharia can be implemented in totality in Nigeria  undecided

We are seeing the same thing happen here in the UK

I have told to time and time with out number to stop sniffing cow dung .It is obvious that it is responsible all these your conspiracy theories since you are now seeing the same thing happen in UK. I am sure sharia may soon be implemented on your street in UK, so run for cover .  embarassed  embarassed

No point arguing with you, your mind is stuck to the narrowest of logical roads. I base my thesis on extensive research , you base yours on beer palour rumours, abeg go away jo. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by Fhemmmy: 5:52pm On Mar 23, 2010
It is not possible
Re: Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by hatch: 5:55pm On Mar 23, 2010
frosbel:

No point arguing with you, your mind is stuck to the narrowest of logical roads.  I base my thesis on extensive research , you base yours on beer palour rumours, abeg go away jo.  cheesy cheesy cheesy

what kind of d.umb thesis or extensive research have you done Mr. Man rather than your perceived hatred for the North and Islam in General .    You just come here making all these bogus claims that you can not defend rather than post Youtube videos about psychos that want sharia practiced in totality .  undecided
Re: Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by TippyTop(m): 5:55pm On Mar 23, 2010
@frosbel
You're a jobless dole taking immigrant, bereft of any one's love and the only way to be relevant is to continuously cause trouble 6000 miles away.

PEACE OUT!!!
Re: Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by 18platoon(m): 5:58pm On Mar 23, 2010
@frosbel, i raised this same hatred issue with you over the weekend but you denied it flatly, but thank GOD i was'nt the only guy that noticed your bias postings, you know what the guy was saying in this your post is not possible but for ulterior motives you still posted it, i dont know what your aim is.

NB: please dont reply me with any explanation cos my mind is already made up.
Re: Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by hatch: 5:59pm On Mar 23, 2010
The clown thinks the only way to be relevant is by instigating hate via his threads. By the way have you found out why nigerians home dislike Nigerians abroad.  

Goons will always be goons.
Re: Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by hatch: 6:00pm On Mar 23, 2010
18 platoon:

@frosbel, i raised this same hatred issue with you over the weekend but you denied it flatly, but thank GOD i was'nt the only guy that noticed your bias postings, you know what the guy was saying in this your post is not possible but for ulterior motives you still posted it, i dont know what your aim is.

NB: please dont reply me with any explanation cos my mind is already made up.

Don't mind the goon it is part of his thesis which is a result of his extensive research .  undecided
Re: Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by 18platoon(m): 6:01pm On Mar 23, 2010
@tippy top, nope, he claims to be IT consultant in the UK. (fingers crossed).
Re: Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by oderemo(m): 6:04pm On Mar 23, 2010
i am no hater of religion but what i abhor most is when you spend so much money to build a place to call your own then and then one moneybag will build his hse next to you with a full functioning mosque and what can you do about the noise ?Nada
same goes for the regular prayers on Fridays and  sundays when you hear noise frm no where unbeknown that your neighbour has turned his hse to a church. and what can you do abt that too, Nada.
religion sha. kai.
Re: Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 23, 2010
I understand that you may have a time limit on your internet cafe session to do ample research on this matter.

But when you have time or should I say money to buy some more sessions please go to google and type in 'Different Issues Regarding Sharia Law', select the first article and do some reading.

Maybe that will enlighten you
Re: Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by TippyTop(m): 6:37pm On Mar 23, 2010
18 platoon:

I live in the UK and there's no employed IT Technician/Consultant who would have so much time on their hands, this dude is a data entry clerk.
Re: Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by Fhemmmy: 7:52pm On Mar 23, 2010
Tippy Top:

I live in the UK and there's no employed IT Technician/Consultant who would have so much time on their hands, this dude is a data entry clerk.

What has this got to do with the thread?
Re: Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 23, 2010
Tippy Top:

Okay I am back home now after a hard days work.

I checked the time you made this comment at t 06:01:21 PM which is evidence enough that you no get work. grin

For the records I am not a history or english consultant , I am an IT consultant which would tell you if you went to school that I spend most of my time with computers.

And just as Fhemmmy mentioned what does my occupation have to do with this post ?

Please grow up.
Re: Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by Fhemmmy: 8:07pm On Mar 23, 2010
I thot this thread was about Sharia and future law of Nigeria . . . . .except i am missing something somewhere
Re: Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 23, 2010
18 platoon:

You do not need to cross your fingers, I am what I am , big deal !

And I am not here to be politically correct or conform to a certain pattern of perceived behaviour, I am here to debate with intelligent people, to learn and to be corrected.

If you notice that most of my comments have been since the Jos issue began and therefore you can deduce from this that I have a real problem with militant Islam and the enforcement of a number of principles on unwilling citizens.

Do I hate you or Muslims ? No and never.

Do I care if you agree with me or not, nope. You do not pay my bills thanks.
Re: Sharia Law - Nigeria - Is This Our Future ? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 23, 2010
hatch#:

The clown thinks the only way to be relevant is by instigating hate via his threads. By the way have you found out why nigerians home dislike Nigerians abroad.  

Goons will always be goons.

lol , when did you learn the word goon ? was it when you travelled abroad before they deported you ?

You seem to have a knack for this word , please use a different vocabulary.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Text Of The Full Speech By Gen. Muhammadu Buhari GCFR At Kaduna Rally 02/03/2011 / 15 Reason I Won't Vote For APC In Lagos State / Dead Female Body On Unilag Road(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.