Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

"If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) (50749 Views)

Is Nnamdi Kanu Preparing For War? See The Armored Tank He Poses With .PHOTOS / What I Expect Nigerian Workers Would Say About Tha Minimum Wage – Saraki / Ndigbo Shouldn't Abandon Nnamdi Kanu, They Will Surely Need Him After 16th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by pointblank247(m): 9:14am On Nov 18, 2017
Rotentina:
Can somebody tell me who Kanu is?
Nandi Kanu is pussle you will never understand
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by diritalkz(m): 9:14am On Nov 18, 2017
Kanu abi Kano is it a name of a place animal or person?

Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by ApexPredator: 9:17am On Nov 18, 2017
Israeljones:

You stupid thing..
Have you ever asked ursef this question...
if Obasanjo, Tinubu and some Governors can bow to the OONI, it shows the king and the throne stands for something which i feel exceeds ur minute thinking.. .
You and ur cohorts need some orientation you have been misguided for so long and its affecting ur rational thinking...
spit on ur grave
Pssssst YOUR Ooni is a man of flesh and blood just like me. You can crown him the emperor of mankind and my head would still remain firmly upright in his presence.

1 Like

Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by Blaizeless: 9:20am On Nov 18, 2017
Culture is culture, religion is religion, while politics is politics. You cant equate these three coz one have nothing to with the other, despite the fact that we naively mix them together.

Some persons should go and learn more about comparism and reality.
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by Gotze1: 9:22am On Nov 18, 2017
raker300:
Nnamdi never forced anyone to bow to him...

They do so out of respect.

The oni on the other hand forces his subjects (yorubas) to bow to him

They do so out of fear...

Who is a better man now?
Typical nsala and smelly akpu reasoning. Not only ooni we bow for here, we bow for all kings cos of the crown. Even if the king is a day old baby, as well as anybody that is older than us weather rich or poor. So far he's older than you. Unlike one albino that a zombie bow and lick his shoe like this below.

4 Likes

Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by mavinc4u(f): 9:27am On Nov 18, 2017
Yyeske:
Tradition is tradition, Yorubas and Hausas bow or genuflect when greeting elders or people of authority, the Igbos don't. The subjects of the Queen of England still bow or genuflect till date to her.
OP go and read about people of the world and their traditions.
Nnamdi kanu desecrated our tradition

Really, who told you Igbos don't? Igbos bow or genuflect when greeting their elders or put a left hand over a right hand wrist when having a handshake with an elder and after wish, they place that right hand on their chest as a mark of receiving blessing from their elder but they prostrate when greeting a king, queen, prince, princess or a title man. get your facts right. stop vomiting rubbish every time.

Please don't mind me but you need to ask your people for your real identity because you are not an Igbo man.

1 Like

Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by Omololupromise: 9:31am On Nov 18, 2017
What I you saying compare a royal king ooni ife to a misled, coward, runner way kanu
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by QueenSekxy(f): 9:32am On Nov 18, 2017
Yyeske:
I don't have problems with the Yorubas neither am I condemning them for their tradition.
Nnamdi kanu desecrated our tradition and that's what I'm after.
The English people still bow or genuflect to the Queen till date doesn't mean they are backward.
It is tradition.
aboki always claiming Igbo..shame on you
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by remedykboy: 9:33am On Nov 18, 2017
CrtlAltDel:
NL, your take.
Oni of Ife is a King,not a terrorist like Kanu
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by dometome: 9:35am On Nov 18, 2017
ayzTIGER:
You know nothing about Igbo culture and you keep exposing yourself as Igbo wannabe without realising it. Go on with your wannabe Igbo dance, we are enjoying it.
he is just an 1di0*, he is paid by Obianor.
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by Memories12411: 9:36am On Nov 18, 2017
The God heading should please carry a small letter g not capital letter G. The worst Nnamdi Kanu can ever is god.
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by Kpartners: 9:36am On Nov 18, 2017
Animal that is their tradition, we are Igbos
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by Asiwaju9ja(m): 9:37am On Nov 18, 2017
Is this even a discussion Subject? Na wa o!
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by Rotji(m): 9:40am On Nov 18, 2017
Depending on the culture or religion people bow to show respect to leaders, and by leaders I mean people who either by ordination or coronation have attained certain levels of authority. I know the Yorubas and the Hausa traditional customs have people showing respect to traditional stools by bowing to salute or prostrating, any one who compares the lady kneeling to converse with the Ooni and biafrans worshiping Kanu is not only ignorant but mischievous. If subjects bow to Kanu's father in salutation by virtue of him being a traditional ruler I believe no one will raise eyebrows, but people bowing to Worship Kanu is not just ridiculous but says a lot about him especially as you can see him enjoying the show.
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by dometome: 9:41am On Nov 18, 2017
Asiwaju9ja:
Is this even a discussion Subject? Na wa o!
Yes it is because, just as Jesus says, you must remove the rafter in your eye before trying to extract the straw in your brother's eye.
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by Hasheem1hash(m): 9:43am On Nov 18, 2017
But nnamdi KANU is late nah! quote and burn in hell, ndi ara!
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by dometome: 9:45am On Nov 18, 2017
Rotji:
Depending on the culture or religion people bow to show respect to leaders, and by leaders I mean people who either by ordination or coronation have attained certain levels of authority. I know the Yorubas and the Hausa traditional customs have people showing respect to traditional stools by bowing to salute or prostrating, any one who compares the lady kneeling to converse with the Ooni and biafrans worshiping Kanu is not only ignorant but mischievous. If subjects bow to Kanu's father in salutation by virtue of him being a traditional ruler I believe no one will raise eyebrows, but people bowing to Worship Kanu is not just ridiculous but says a lot about him especially as you can see him enjoying the show.
They are not worshipping Kanu, Kanu never odered them to bow before him, even I will bow before him not in an act of worship but respect, I even bow before my aunt. Why does NK deserve respect, one reason is that if you want to do something but cannot, and you see a person doing that very thing, please give he your respect because he deserves it.
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by rasco2000me: 9:49am On Nov 18, 2017
Stupid man if as big and prominent obasonjo is can prostrate for this man u should understand how Yoruba hold there culture and nons Igbo worship money,whoever as d money in Igbo is d eldest (awon omo afi ipa ji obi won)
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by Oloripelebe: 9:50am On Nov 18, 2017
Electricdanger:

You deserve to be brutally flogged for selling your brain. How did Ooni force his subject to bow? You iboes lie for everything, reason no one take you flat head serious. Everyone knows its tradition in Yorubaland to bow to your elders, parents, kings e.t.c unlike in your place where you use sliding tackle to wake up your parents. Smh

This is how dey wake dia elders, Awon omo irankiran grin

3 Likes

Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by ImaIma1(f): 9:51am On Nov 18, 2017
I always saw igbos as intelligent and resourceful people but this is just dumb and the arguments of some here is even dumber.
Is Nnamdi Kanu an oba? Who doesn't know that people bow before obas? Abi the lady should have given him a handshake?
People that cannot say the truth in their lives.

2 Likes

Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by HillsBlaze(m): 9:52am On Nov 18, 2017
Electricdanger:

You deserve to be brutally flogged for selling your brain. How did Ooni force his subject to bow? You iboes lie for everything, reason no one take you flat head serious. Everyone knows its tradition in Yorubaland to bow to your elders, parents, kings e.t.c unlike in your place where you use sliding tackle to wake up your parents. Smh

In as much as you ave to defend ur tradition, u don't need to insult an entire people who u ave no idea what or how they practice their traditions.
Don't u ave liars in Yoruba land? abi una don disown our current minister of info?
Have u ever been to Igbo land?
what do u think u know about us?

Abeg park well.

And Pls we are not ibeos or Ibo's for that matter, we are Ndi Igbo.

We don't bow to people, only to God.
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by Yyeske(m): 9:57am On Nov 18, 2017
mavinc4u:

Really, who told you Igbos don't? Igbos bow or genuflect when greeting their elders or put a left hand over a right hand wrist when having a handshake with an elder and after wish, they place that right hand on their chest as a mark of receiving blessing from their elder but they prostrate when greeting a king, queen, prince, princess or a title man. get your facts right. stop vomiting rubbish every time.

Please don't mind me but you need to ask your people for your real identity because you are not an Igbo man.
Nollywood and this indomie generation sef. When did kingship start in Igboland aside some few areas like Onicha, Nri etc?
Next person abeg, I'm tired educating some folks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by thunderbabs: 10:00am On Nov 18, 2017
Who is dz mutula talking? Nnamdi kanu na King b4 ni abi ahmadioha select am as king, make u answer me first.

Coz e b lyk say ur sense downgrade since kanu got missing undecided
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 18, 2017
The Ooni is a King. People bow down to Kings and Queens. Kanu is an ordinary man who people decided to treat like a higher person. Big difference. Ridiculous comparison
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by nawtiebynature(f): 10:02am On Nov 18, 2017
raker300:
Nnamdi never forced anyone to bow to him...

They do so out of respect.

The oni on the other hand forces his subjects (yorubas) to bow to him

They do so out of fear...

Who is a better man now?

He who lacks understanding, let him ask. igbo sheeple smiley grin
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by wyqay: 10:07am On Nov 18, 2017
who is He ? Kaanu
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by masks(m): 10:08am On Nov 18, 2017
PointZerom:

Is the Ooni God?.
No sir he is not .....but I believe even in the bible we have leaders who were highly respected and not worshipped.....we had leaders who were respected and not feared....
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by adeolakemi: 10:08am On Nov 18, 2017
raker300:
see this afonja taking a swing at intonation jokes...lol

Afonja, can you pronounce this your name without pouring saliva on people?
these afonjas are useless ooo tell the fool to pronounce health, hypocrites, help ....the"h' will be begging for me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Presidential Result: APC UK Mocks Atiku With Video Of Atiku Crying, PMB Laughing / Police Releases Names And Pictures Of The Policemen That Were Killed In Anambra / Buhari Extends Eased Lockdown By 4 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.