Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,270 members, 7,826,040 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Break Up Tips For A Broken Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Break Up Tips For A Broken Relationship (1223 Views)

How To Restore A Broken Relationship And Marriage / 8 Ways To Rebuild A Broken Relationship / How To Win A Girl Back After A Bad Break Up - Tips That Will Help You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Break Up Tips For A Broken Relationship by mystikal(m): 10:01am On Feb 23, 2007
When a relationship is on its last leg and a break up is inevitable, who ends it? Recognizing that her habits have become annoying instead of cute is just the start. Her rude cell phone calls mid-meal, the way she thinks she's always right, and her complete lack of respect for your opinion should all be sending you a clear message.

Relationships often go bad -- and stay that way. Even when both people know that they would be happier with someone else, it's human nature to procrastinate about difficult decisions. So rather than riding inertia's wave, What are helpful tips to break up and move on

Re: Break Up Tips For A Broken Relationship by mystikal(m): 10:04am On Feb 23, 2007
i think as a guide she must be the 1st to know

Out of respect for her, never tell your friends you're going to break up before telling her it's over. It's a simple thing women consider sacred. The all too connected grapevine is not the place she should or deserves to be told that you're no longer interested. You could discuss some relationship problems you're having with your buddies, but your final decision to break up with her should remain private.
Re: Break Up Tips For A Broken Relationship by iice(f): 3:12pm On Feb 25, 2007
I think one should gather his/her courage to do the deed. No use procrastinating, better now than later. The sooner the situation is dealt with, the sooner the healing begins.
Re: Break Up Tips For A Broken Relationship by sisimose(f): 5:42pm On Feb 25, 2007
Ok, there is no easy way to break up with anyone. Whether the relationship is dead or not, there are egos at play and it will get messy even if you approached it in the most sensitive and mature way possible.
My only tip is just come out with it to the person , give it straight and do a runner, far far away.
As a woman i will say even when we know we have given the guy hell through out the relationship, we still think the guy is a BASTARD and we always have 5-7 girlfriends who think he was a bastard too smiley
I suppose when you get abit more mature the breakup is not as messy, still messy but not as messy cheesy
Re: Break Up Tips For A Broken Relationship by Maneater1(f): 12:41pm On Feb 26, 2007
Mystikal, do you want to break up with the "jealous girlfriend" from the other blog? grin

she just might finally slit your throat. shocked
Re: Break Up Tips For A Broken Relationship by mystikal(m): 11:43am On Mar 05, 2007
yes, i'm finally breaking up with my jealous gf, b4 it ruins both of us
Re: Break Up Tips For A Broken Relationship by whiteNkem(f): 12:23pm On Mar 05, 2007
sisimose:

Ok, there is no easy way to break up with anyone. Whether the relationship is dead or not, there are egos at play and it will get messy even if you approached it in the most sensitive and mature way possible.
She's very right.

It will always hurt and the one who takes the 1st step will be the "bad guy". But there is no other way. It's not fair to either of you to keep on dragging through mud a dead relationship. The longer u wait, the worse it'll be. Not to mention the scandal in case the other one doesn't want the breakup.

As for tips, try to be calm and it's better to make it nice. Nobody wants the other one to have a bitter memory about him/her, right? Then, try to make it special, even if it's a breakup.
For example, in your case mysikal: you want to break up with your jealous gf. If I were you, I'd take her to her favorite place (restaurant, park, whatever) and also bring her fav flowers (any colour BUT red) and a photo album with pic we've taken together. I'd tell her I brought her here as I know it's a special place for both of us and I want to rememorate all the beautiful moments together. For their sake, I want to keep it all beautiful. All it's been bad with us, is already erased. Look at the pics, smile, remember it all and then say, IT HAS BEEN really nice, but I see we're tearing apart all this beauty. Why be murderers instead of sculptors? Let us give the final shape to what we HAD and keep it like that, intact, in our heart (as it will always have a special place) and not kill it.

Well, I am sure you got the point and I don't have to write a novel. That's how I'd do it so she won't make a scene and to avoid ending up the "bad guy".
Re: Break Up Tips For A Broken Relationship by mystikal(m): 1:39am On Mar 10, 2007
@ white Nkem
being too nice , i think woulld be counterproductive, u dont want give the image u're sarcastic,
I dont know , but i'm just saiyng
Re: Break Up Tips For A Broken Relationship by whiteNkem(f): 2:04am On Mar 10, 2007
mystikal:

@ white Nkem
being too nice , i think woulld be counterproductive, u don't want give the image u're sarcastic,
I don't know , but i'm just saiyng
Maybe. But I don't judge a person's heart according to 'productivity'. I'd do all my best to make a sweet break and altogether don't deceive the other person. Be as transparent as possible.
Re: Break Up Tips For A Broken Relationship by jaybaby(f): 5:54pm On Mar 10, 2007
What r u bin Nice 4? Jus tell him oFF(Phweeeee) I like doin it cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Break Up Tips For A Broken Relationship by hotonuo(f): 10:00pm On Mar 10, 2007
you are sounding like she is at fault.making her guilty and you innocent.thats the problem.you both are at fault as far as am concerned.yes she is jealous and you ignored that fact.maybe you were giving the others more attention which is unfair.you might have changed towards her without you knowing it

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Create The Right Chemistry / How Do You Get Rid Of The Wrong Guy? / My Boyfriend Is Neglecting Me For Marine Engineering Studies!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.