Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,451 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili (7087 Views)

PDP Senators Kick As Buhari Fails To Submit List Of Ministers - Vanguard / Peter Obi’s Sordid Affair With Dora Akunyili / Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 24, 2010
@chrisbenogor. Lets go to the religion section and settle this matter.
Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On Mar 24, 2010
eina:

@kobojunkie. Just listen to yourself. Are you expecting someone like jesus christ to do these jobs perfectly? Am sorry brother. No one can do it 100% right. Dora is one of the best things in Nigeria today. She must have shortcomings of course. You think its that easy? I wish you were nominated as minister of information let me know if you will do better than she did. All you can do is just sit down with your computer and complain.

Do you read your own posts? May I suggest you take your own advice there, and that is listen to yourself.

What has Jesus Christ to do with requiring our ministers do their job right? I asked you straight questions there so why are you tryin to bring CHRIST into this as a way of avoiding the facts there?

I guarantee you that I would have done a better job than she did as minister. Why? Because I am not Dora. Please Open your eyes rather than continue in IGNORANCE justifying it with RELIGION. Dora LIED OVER and over,  and even confessed she switched sides after the people started protesting(according to some interview). I didn't make these things up and I certainly did not put the words in her mouth when she came on National TV on more than one occassion to lie to the Nigerian people.

What more do you need to make you start THINKING more like a human being who deserves quality leaders? Attacking me is not going to make the FACTS disappear!
Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by zinnuraiin(m): 6:31pm On Mar 24, 2010
She does not deserves to serves again she make too much mouth,
Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:31pm On Mar 24, 2010
eina:

@chrisbenogor. Lets go to the religion section and settle this matter.
Which matter? Oya go and open thread me I dey kampe!
Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by jazzsoul: 6:55pm On Mar 24, 2010
Is it necessary to have 42 Ministers to efficiently and effectively govern Nigeria? Why does the President have to select one Minister from each of the 36 states. The number of Ministers is thus a function of the number of states and not the national need. This large number of Ministers obviously leads to increased waste and corruption. The Nigerian constitution is a highly flawed document.
Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by cap28: 7:02pm On Mar 24, 2010
i have said it time and time again - this woman is NOT to be trusted, she is a greedy, corrupt, judas whose only ambition in life is to amass as much stolen money as possible, she jumps from ship to ship, wherever she can gain position, power and money thats where youll find Dora, no sane person should dream of trusting this woman, she is just like her compatriots, psychopathic and criminally minded, if she could off load her former mentor Yaradua in order to be with the in crowd then who knows what else she is capable of, anyway at least now we know that this transition govt is nothing but a continuation of the former one - no change here, same old crooks carrying on with their only agenda - looting of the national treasury.
Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by ucnduka(f): 7:42pm On Mar 24, 2010
Kobojunkie, ur posts on Dora has always made my day. I agree that her tenure as the minister of information put a dent on her almost impeccable record but is that enough reason to crucify her? If people who cannot account for d $16bn allegedly spent on the power sector can be elected into office as governors, then Dora stands a chance of being forgiven. Agreed that Nigerians glorify her to madness,but who would blame them when they can barely see any other public official that can stand up for the truth even though so late. Personally, I want her to leave the political arena with the remaining part of her integrity, cos in other climes, lying is enough to make a public official resign but in Naija we've seen worse sins committed so na lie we no go forgive? (although this also reveals our level of mediocrity).
Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by Kobojunkie: 7:54pm On Mar 24, 2010
uc nduka:

Kobojunkie, your posts on Dora has always made my day. I agree that her tenure as the minister of information put a dent on her almost impeccable record but is that enough reason to crucify her?

But I am not the one who crucified her; She did that all on her own. Her conduct in the past year, up until the last week or so, speaks volumes of what she has to offer the country, in my opinion. It would be IGNORANT on our part if we decide to ignore all that just because we have come to create this SWEETHEART image of who she is for our personal selves. A thief is a thief, no matter how sweet he/she used to be. A liar is a liar, no matter how truthful he/she USED TO be. She is not the ONLY new face we had as minister; I don’t see anyone calling for reinstatement of the Aviation minister or many of the other ministers. Why can we be FAIR in our assessment of our leaders?

uc nduka:

If people who cannot account for d $16bn allegedly spent on the power sector can be elected into office as governors, then Dora stands a chance of being forgiven.

What has the one to do with the other? Dude, the connection you make above makes absolutely no sense. What has corrupt individuals being elected to do with Dora bombing as Minister of Information?

uc nduka:

Agreed that Nigerians glorify her to madness,but who would blame them when they can barely see any other public official that can stand up for the truth even though so late. Personally, I want her to leave the political arena with the remaining part of her integrity, cos in other climes, lying is enough to make a public official resign but in Naija we've seen worse sins committed so na lie we no go forgive? (although this also reveals our level of mediocrity).

You ask who would blame them. I blame them; I blame the Nigerian people for continuing to CELEBRATE the recycling of old NUMBSKULLS. I blame the Nigerian people for playing FAVOURITISM when we ought not to. I blame them. I blame the Nigerian people for the situation in Nigeria today. I blame them for allowing these same set of riffraff’s in, over and over again.
Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by gidson12(m): 7:59pm On Mar 24, 2010
uc nduka:

Kobojunkie, your posts on Dora has always made my day. I agree that her tenure as the minister of information put a dent on her almost impeccable record but is that enough reason to crucify her? If people who cannot account for d $16bn allegedly spent on the power sector can be elected into office as governors, then Dora stands a chance of being forgiven. Agreed that Nigerians glorify her to madness,but who would blame them when they can barely see any other public official that can stand up for the truth even though so late. Personally, I want her to leave the political arena with the remaining part of her integrity, cos in other climes, lying is enough to make a public official resign but in Naija we've seen worse sins committed so na lie we no go forgive? (although this also reveals our level of mediocrity).

very reasonable
Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by chosen04(f): 8:20pm On Mar 24, 2010
Kobojunkie:

What service would that be?

a)  Lying to the people on the state of issues in government for months on end, only to backtrack when she sensed things were changing and reaching boiling point?

b) Lying to people about her NTA dealings and then coming on national TV to admit she did not even review the information on the contract before signing it?

c) Lying on National TV to the Ekiti people and the whole of Nigeria of their haven been a fair election even with all the commotion that ensued?

Why are we GOOD at PRETENDING all is great even when the evidence is overwhelming? You know you can search google to learn the truth about your leaders, right? you know you can actually review all the reports on her year or so in service to find out facts if that is what you have no knowledge of. But to come in making FALSE claims, expect someone to help enlighten you.

SELECTIVE BLINDNESS and SERIOUS SHORT TERM MEMORY is  the problem that plagues a lot of folks in that country. 

This FOLLOW_WITHOUT_QUESTION mentality is ridiculously eating into our future and we do not stop to understand the consequences. 

Kobojunkie:

Do you read your own posts? May I suggest you take your own advice there, and that is listen to yourself.

What has Jesus Christ to do with requiring our ministers do their job right? I asked you straight questions there so why are you tryin to bring CHRIST into this as a way of avoiding the facts there?

I guarantee you that I would have done a better job than she did as minister. Why? Because I am not Dora. Please Open your eyes rather than continue in IGNORANCE justifying it with RELIGION. Dora LIED OVER and over,  and even confessed she switched sides after the people started protesting(according to some interview). I didn't make these things up and I certainly did not put the words in her mouth when she came on National TV on more than one occassion to lie to the Nigerian people.

What more do you need to make you start THINKING more like a human being who deserves quality leaders? Attacking me is not going to make the FACTS disappear!

@Kobojunkie

Your next drink is on me. Thank God for people like you, Who can easily decode "Cheap hero wannabes, Crazy media attention seekers and back stabing Liars".

Am still surprised at the rate of Cheap heroic worshipping in this country!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-407935.0.html
Pls check this thread:
Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by pumpido70: 8:49pm On Mar 24, 2010
[b]Dora! Dora! Dora!Dora!, !!!!!! R dia nt more pressing issues 2 tackle? Dora s only bin smart. she s only playing ha cards well.she s power hungry 2. lets look into d backend of ds. she has sensed dt yar'adua can never rule again dt wz y she gave up n pretended 2 b a messiah. i dont doubt she gave her best during her NAFDAC era,dt wz because she wanted 2 create first impression. she s only pretending,though i wont mind if she uses ha pretence to get d nation 2 a beta ground.
Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by pumpido70: 8:56pm On Mar 24, 2010
[b][b]Dora! Dora! Dora!Dora!, !!!!!! R dia nt more pressing issues 2 tackle? Dora s only bin smart. she s only playing ha cards well.she s power hungry 2. lets look into d backend of ds. she has sensed dt yar'adua can never rule again dt wz y she gave up n pretended 2 b a messiah. i dont doubt she gave her best during her NAFDAC era,dt wz because she wanted 2 create first impression.  she s only pretending,though i wont mind if she uses ha pretence to get d nation 2 a beta ground.

AND 4 U DT S BLASPHEMING GODS NAME, MAY HIS WRATH B UPON U,U R ONLY A DEVILS DRIVING TOOL
Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by Kobojunkie: 9:00pm On Mar 24, 2010
[size=14pt]Nigeria: Dora Akunyili And Nation-Building[/size]
Hakeem Jamiu
9 September 2009
http://allafrica.com/stories/200909090497.html

Lagos — A friend of mine was so obsessed with Dora Akunyili in her days as the Director-General of NAFDAC such that whenever she was shown on television, we used to tease him, 'come and see your girlfriend o'. He would leave whatever he was doing to come and have a look at her.

My friend would always tell us that he admired her courage in combating importers and manufacturers of fake drugs- in saving lives. But all that changed in April 2009 during the gubernatorial rerun in Ekiti State. Today, the same man that had, practically, made Dora his heroine doesn't want to see her face on television again. Yes, the amount of hatred is always equal to the amount of love when love goes sour.

During the Ekiti rerun, it was obvious that Dora Akunyili covertly supported the blatant electoral robbery in Ekiti, which is presently a subject of litigation before the Ekiti Election Petitions Tribunal. When Ekiti Electoral Commissioner, Mrs. Adebayo Ayoka, resigned her appointment, Akunyili announced it was embarrassing to the Federal Government and hence, unacceptable. When Dora and her cohorts in the presidency intimidated Mrs. Ayoka Adebayo to go back and complete her job, we all knew what would happen. The result of Ido-Osi, which was earlier rejected, was accepted by the same woman who stated in her letter of resignation that her Christian conscience would not allow her to do such. To add insult to injury, Dora admonished the people of Ekiti to accept the result and cooperate with the administration of Mr. Segun Oni in order to move the state forward, thus giving herself away as part of a grand conspiracy to impose an unwanted governor on Ekiti people. Her popularity nosedived. This is the point where Dora lost most of her fans who had come to realize she had been bitten by the bug of the PDP. It was so bad that my friend, who was her erstwhile admirer, asked rhetorically, 'so this woman is like this'?

Against the above background, the current rebranding venture of Dora is an exercise in futility and she knows it. Nigerians are good people, no doubt, and they want to be led by a government they elect, not impostors. The reason we are having this image problem is not because of the Nigerian people but our do-or-die leaders who have completely undermined the electoral process. She should not pretend that she doesn't know that she is scorned anywhere she goes and she should just stop dissipating her energy, time and public resources on a worthless venture. She must concentrate on the PDP, INEC, electoral reform and NEPA.

When she came to Ondo State for her so-called rebranding project, not a few people in her audience whispered that she should start her rebranding in Ekiti if she wanted to succeed. If she is sincere with herself, rebranding must start with INEC and the PDP. She must openly appeal to INEC to allow free and fair elections and stop colluding with her ruling PDP to doctor figures in favour of their candidates. She should be in the forefront of the campaign to remove Iwu as the INEC Chairman. The golden opportunity for her to rebrand Nigeria slipped during Ekiti rerun when she ought to have insisted that Mrs. Adebayo be allowed to do her job conscientiously by announcing the actual winner of that election. If that had been done, she would not have been dissipating her energy on a worthless venture called rebranding when nobody is taking her serious.

Akunyili's attitude tend to confirm the allegation of late Chief Lamidi Adedibu that Dora descended on his supporters by locking their shops because he refused her plea to help her lobby the then President Obasanjo to make her a minister. Her role in the Ekiti debacle is a pointer to the fact that she didn't want to rock the boat.

Last week, when Akunyili went on a condolence visit to the family of Chief Gani Fawehinmi, many listeners were taken aback because she repeatedly called Fayemi instead of Fawehinmi. People now wonder if the name Fayemi is etched on her subconscious as those of her PDP brass hats.

The only way her rebranding can succeed is for her to tender an unreserved apology to Ekiti people for her inglorious role in the gubernatorial re-run election, which is a lost opportunity to redeem the country's image before the international community.
Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by Kobojunkie: 9:06pm On Mar 24, 2010
[size=14pt]Nigeria: Yar'Adua - Akunyili Breaks Ranks With Cabinet[/size]
Ikechukwu Amaechi
3 February 2010

( This is almost 3 months after Yar adua's disappearance, when the CONSTITUTION says handover ought to occur if president is leaving for 2 weeks)

INFORMATION and Communications Minister, Dora Akunyili, on Wednesday took a rare step by a Minister by breaking ranks with her colleagues to demand that President Umaru Yar'Adua hands over to Vice President Goodluck Jonathan.

Tempers boiled over at the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting in Abuja as the united front which the cabinet hitherto presented on the non-compliance with Section 145 of the Constitution by Yar'Adua splintered.

A source said Akunyili has not resigned, but is thoroughly fed up with "the charade" and is "prepared for the worst."

She has "cleared her conscience," whatever happens, recounted the source, an aide who did not want to be named.

On January 27, the federal Attorney General and Justice Minister, Michael Aondoakaa, told Nigerians after a FEC meeting that the cabinet unanimously agreed that Yar'Adua is fit to continue in office, even with his poor health.

But Akunyili disagreed on Wednesday, to the chagrin of most other FEC members. She bared her mind in a memo which was neither accepted nor debated, but which, nevertheless, caused much uproar in the cabinet chambers.

Another source at the meeting said Akunyili - in the memo which was later withdrawn - asked her fellow Ministers to listen to Nigerians and respect the Constitution.

"We were all surprised at the memo. We did not anticipate it. But it was very frank," the source narrated.

Akunyili was said to have pledged her loyalty to Yar'Adua and his government, but insisted that it is morally wrong for him to refuse handing over power to Jonathan 72 days after he took ill and was hospitalised in Saudi Arabia.

She reportedly thanked Yar'Adua for giving her and her colleagues the opportunity to serve the country, stressing that "Yar'Adua is very dear to me and indeed to all of us."

She noted, however, the debate that has trailed his inability to comply with Section 145 of the Constitution and the sharp division of opinion nationwide.

While acknowledging the argument of those who insist that Jonathan does not need to be sworn in to act as President, Akunyili, nevertheless, noted that the country is in great danger.

The source recounted: "She pointed out that several Permanent Secretaries, including that of her ministry, are yet to be sworn in due to (Yar'Adua's) absence, thereby creating a dangerous vacuum.

"She noted that (Jonathan) cannot take any document to the Senate, and the fact that the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) has resumed hostilities because they have been kept in limbo due to (Yar'Adua's) absence.

"Akunyili also noted the unprecedented swearing in of the new Chief Justice, Aloysius Katsina-Alu, by his predecessor, Idris Kutigi, and noted that the power vacuum created in the judiciary has compounded Nigeria's image problem.

"She observed the uncomplimentary remarks by the United States, the United Kingdom, and other European nations recently on Nigeria, insisting that all these threaten the country's economy."

In the memo, Akunyili noted that there is unanimity of opinion - as exemplified in the position of civil society groups, the Senate and the Eminent Persons Group (EPG) led by former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon, and former President Shehu Shagari - that Yar'Adua should comply with Section 145 by transmitting a letter to the National Assembly (NASS) so that Jonathan can act as President.

"We love our President but he is not infallible," Akunyili stated, faulting the argument that he may not be in a position to write the letter.

"If (he) signed the 2009 supplementary budget into law from his hospital bed in Saudi Arabia, how come he could not write the letter? Before he left Nigeria, he had the moral obligation to write that letter."

Akunyili argued that even if the mistake has been made, it behoves him to right the wrong.

She warned of a looming crisis if the impasse is allowed to persist, and advised her colleagues to do the right thing.

"The polity is overheated and posterity will judge us harshly if we fail to hearken to the voice of reason by obeying the Constitution. I wish to advise that we retrace our step because our stand on the matter is very embarrassing."

Akunyili reminded the cabinet that it is in the interest of Yar'Adua, his family, and the country for him to hand over to Jonathan, because even if he returns today, he cannot assume office immediately since he would need time to recuperate.

"If we fail to act now, history will not forgive us."

Daily Independent reliably gathered that all hell was let loose in the Council chambers, as "most of the Ministers went wild, accusing her of treachery. They insisted that the memo should not be discussed and should be withdrawn. They threatened her with sack."

After the meeting, however, about 10 Ministers went up to thank her for speaking their minds, it was leant.

Attempts to contact Akunyili were not successful, but a source said she came to her office, picked most of her personal belongings, and left.

Asked if she has resigned from the cabinet, the aide who pleaded anonymity, said no.

"But she is so disgusted with the whole charade and is prepared for the worst. She is not afraid of anything. She will go to Anambra today (Wednesday) for the election and await the next move.

"She is happy she has cleared her conscience," the aide added.
Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by Kobojunkie: 9:08pm On Mar 24, 2010
[size=14pt]Nigeria names Jonathan acting president[/size]
By Tom Burgis in Lagos

Published: February 9 2010 14:39 | Last updated: February 9 2010 14:39

Nigeria’s national assembly on Tuesday voted to declare Goodluck Jonathan, the vice-president, the country’s acting ruler, in a move that appeared to sideline Umaru Yar’Adua, the ailing leader.

But the latest twist in a power struggle brought on by the president’s 11-week stay in Saudi Arabia for medical treatment does not end the uncertainty that has engulfed sub-Saharan Africa’s biggest energy producer.

The motion drafted by the senate and passed by both houses states that Mr Jonathan “shall henceforth discharge the functions of the office of the president, commander-in-chief of the armed forces of the federation”.

However, the motion seems to depart from the constitution’s provision for dealing with a presidential absence. This requires Mr Yar’Adua, who suffers from a heart condition and a chronic kidney problem, to write to the national assembly if he intends temporarily to transfer powers to his deputy on health grounds.

Mr Yar’Adua has declined to do so – a reluctance that many blame on an inner circle determined not to relinquish power even temporarily.

Consequently, the national assembly’s motion may have no legal force. “They are not backed by the constitution,” said Rotimi Akeredolu, president of the Nigerian Bar Association, which has petitioned the courts to force a handover of interim powers. “At this point in our democracy we should try as much as possible to stick to procedure.”

Under the constitution, only the cabinet has the power to declare Mr Yar’Adua incapacitated. It has so far refused even to send a medical team to assess the president’s health. Under these circumstances, it is unclear how forcefully Mr Jonathan will be willing govern.

David Mark, the senate president, said that a brief radio interview Mr Yar’Adua gave to the BBC last month – the only time he has been heard since his departure from Nigeria on November 23 – served as “irrefutable proof that he is on medical vacation”.

Other political insiders suggested the national assembly’s move was a political compromise.

The disparate strands of the Nigerian elite – from former heads of state to the influential governors of the federation’s 36 states – have in recent days coalesced in their demands for Mr Jonathan to assume full powers.

“It will definitely resolve the present constitutional crisis or vacuum in leadership,” Bukola Saraki, governor of Kwara state and chair of the governor’s forum, told the Financial Times. “As to legal questions, it is the doctrine of necessity. It’s something that we had to do to get out of this logjam.”

The senators stressed that Mr Yar’Adua could resume his office if he wrote to the national assembly informing lawmakers that he was fit enough to do so.

Although he has been cautious not to be seen to be staging a power-grab, Mr Jonathan has already been acting as de facto president, chairing cabinet meetings and ordering troops to quell a recent outbreak of ethnic violence in the central city of Jos.

It is unclear whether Mr Jonathan will now be officially sworn in as president, although some political insiders suggested he would not.
Copyright The Financial Times Limited 2010. You may share using our article tools. Please don't cut articles from FT.com and redistribute by email or post to the web.
Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by dayokanu(m): 9:26pm On Mar 24, 2010
The same Dora that managed the rigging in Ekiti state is now our saviour?

God save Nigeria
Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 24, 2010
Kobojunkie, what I mearnt to say is, you shouldnt be expecting anyone to be 100% holy and always right as christ is. Dora is not perfect, but she is way better than the rest. Just take it like that.
Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by marvix(m): 10:10pm On Mar 24, 2010
@Kobojunkie, all I can say to you and your likes is that history will vindicate Dora, Yaradua and most of our leaders in this dispensation who sacrifice a lot everyday to ensure that we have peace and this nation develops, they work hard trying to solve probs they never caused in d first place, the failure of d past to plan for d future which is today is d bane of our woes in this country.
What exactly did u want her to do within d first seven days of d presidents illnes and we were asured dat he is getin beta, after a month they said he wld soon be back, then she decided not to report on d illnes of Mr President and Aondoka was giving us hope, all the FEC did was try to kip hope alive dat d president wld get well and come back but as God wld hav it Yaradua cld not make it and the noise was gettin too much then something has to be done and she felt she shld say her mind and dat she did.
I'm not tryin to hold brief for her but I know someday history will remember Dora 4 good but you junkie cannot amount to anything in this life because if d only thing dat gives u joy is mudslinging personalities, why did u go all d way to blow up her role in Ekiti even misrepresenting facts and twisting events but comfortably decided to ignore her role in Anambra, what abt her role in the sale of the 2.5GHZ frequency, why do we derive joy in blackmailing our leaders
Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:12pm On Mar 24, 2010
I dont like dora's guts per say but can kobojunkie point out any one with 'integrity' in this administration?
Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by Kobojunkie: 10:13pm On Mar 24, 2010
eina:

Kobojunkie, what I mearnt to say is, you shouldnt be expecting anyone to be 100% holy and always right as christ is. Dora is not perfect, but she is way better than the rest. Just take it like that.

Are you willing to apply the same EXCUSE to Iwu's case? Are you willing to apply this to even Yar adua himself? I mean Yar adua is NOT 100% holy and always right as christ is, so, according to your statement there reelecting him next year is ok, right?

Note here: I am not here telling you SHE IS WRONG, I am simply SHOWING YOU HER OWN RECORDS which point to that fact. So, again, don't worry about MY personal views of the woman, FOCUS ON THE DETAILS OF HER OWN RECORDS WHICH SHE CREATED FOR HERSELF.
Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by ibbinfo(m): 10:24pm On Mar 24, 2010
Quote@ dayokanu The same Dora that managed the rigging in Ekiti state is now our saviour?
God save Nigeria
How can you say such a thing where you there,can you prove it, say the things you known about
Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by Kobojunkie: 10:25pm On Mar 24, 2010
Are you willing to apply the same EXCUSE to Iwu's case? Are you willing to apply this to even Yar adua himself? I mean Yar adua is NOT 100% holy and always right as christ is, so, according to your statement there reelecting him next year is ok, right?

Note here: I am not here telling you SHE IS WRONG, I am simply SHOWING YOU HER OWN RECORDS which point to that fact. So, again, don't worry about MY personal views of the woman, FOCUS ON THE DETAILS OF HER OWN RECORDS WHICH SHE CREATED FOR HERSELF.

marvix:

@Kobojunkie, all I can say to you and your likes is that history will vindicate Dora, Yaradua and most of our leaders in this dispensation who sacrifice a lot everyday to ensure that we have peace and this nation develops, they work hard trying to solve probs they never caused in d first place, the failure of d past to plan for d future which is today is d bane of our woes in this country.

Which problem did she work hard to solve last year, Name one?

marvix:

What exactly did u want her to do within d first seven days of d presidents illnes and we were asured dat he is getin beta, after a month they said he wld soon be back, then she decided not to report on d illnes of Mr President and Aondoka was giving us hope, all the FEC did was try to kip hope alive dat d president wld get well and come back but as God wld hav it Yaradua cld not make it and the noise was gettin too much then something has to be done and she felt she shld say her mind and dat she did.

Everyone knew the president left for medical reasons back in November. Dora reported in December that he was doing good. She even reported that the VP had spoken to the president and confirmed that he was doing well. Where did She get this information from? The VP later denied ever speaking to the president. Now, December, January, NO Backtrack. Then exactly a week to the Voting on installing the Vice President as acting President, she backtracks. Why did She wait that long? Most of what she said on February 3rd where her reasons applied over 2 months before she made that decision. Why did it take her that long to backtrack? Why a week before the Vote on the VP? Why?  These are questions intelligent people ought to be asking her at this time. The Constitution has remained the same all that time. In fact it is claimed she said the protestors caused her to change her mind. Why then?

marvix:

I'm not tryin to hold brief for her but I know someday history will remember Dora 4 good but you junkie cannot amount to anything in this life because if d only thing dat gives u joy is mudslinging personalities, why did u go all d way to blow up her role in Ekiti even misrepresenting facts and twisting events but comfortably decided to ignore her role in Anambra, what abt her role in the sale of the 2.5GHZ frequency, why do we derive joy in blackmailing our leaders
Sorry, History does not call for stupidity today.  Her own history/record is what I present you today. I have already amounted to so much more than you or yours can ever dream of and I know I am going places where you can never ever fathom even trying because you will never amount to half as much.  

Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by marvix(m): 10:25pm On Mar 24, 2010
Quote from kobojunkie

Yes I'm willing to excuse Yaradua and vote him 4 a 2nd term if he is able to contest, or would U ask a student to repeat a clas because he failed 30% of d total score available or would u close ur busines for making marginal loss, grow up junkie U aren't a hero because u can run others down.
Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by dayokanu(m): 10:29pm On Mar 24, 2010
If Dora can be excused why not maurice iwu since he is not Christ himself also IBB too
Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by marvix(m): 10:34pm On Mar 24, 2010
Sorry, History does not call for stupidity today.  Her own history/record is what I present you today. I have already amounted to so much more than you or yours can ever dream of and I know I am going places where you can never ever fathom even trying because you will never amount to half as much.  
Whateva u have amounted to is nothin close to being a president of a country or even a head of any parastatal. You are only a jobless internet warrior. If u are proud of urself or feel that u hav achieved anything worthwhile post ur name here let's run a google search on you or better still tell us any office you have held in the past and how it has afected the life of an average Nigerian.
Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by Kobojunkie: 10:36pm On Mar 24, 2010
marvix:

Yes I'm willing to excuse Yaradua and vote him 4 a 2nd term if he is able to contest, or would U ask a student to repeat a clas because he failed 30% of d total score available or would u close your busines for making marginal loss, grow up junkie U aren't a hero because u can run others down.

I do hope that you get Yar adua for a second term then since it will only make sense that you get him since you are so willing to take him back after all he has delivered to you and yours.

Actually, yes I would ask a student to repeat for that. In fact if you go to many of the HIGH STANDARD schools around, you would see that is next to the NORM, and hence the reason why the students continue to do all they can to aim high each semester.

You mean when you told me I would never amount to much you were PRAISING MY PERSON? Continue insulting yourself @Marvix.

I guess it all boils down to personal standards. I like to expect the best and not excuse NUMEROUS SHOWS of dishonesty when it comes to my leaders. It is what is obtained here in the States and I want the same someday for Nigeria. And this is why I daily state that the problem with Nigeria is not really those in government but ordinary people like you who go around pushing mediocre standards as being GODLY and ACCEPTABLE.
Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 24, 2010
Kobojunkie, Iwu and yar' adua do not qualify because they are simply below average. A good leader is one who is up to a certain standard and not a person who will always do it perfectly. Dora is ok cos shes above average. I don't think you can find anyone without a bit of bad record. Impossible!!!.
Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by Kobojunkie: 10:40pm On Mar 24, 2010
marvix:

Whateva u have amounted to is nothin close to being a president of a country or even a head of any parastatal. You are only a jobless internet warrior. If u are proud of urself or feel that u hav achieved anything worthwhile post your name here let's run a google search on you or better still tell us any office you have held in the past and how it has afected the life of an average Nigerian.

So, providing you information on he record TWISTED your NERVES there? So much so that you feel attacking me will make it go away? It is called the INFORMATION AGE my friend. Stop living IGNORANT. Learn to do some research/googling/reading for yourself so you can learn a bit more about your many "Heroes" as a Nigerian.
Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by Kobojunkie: 10:42pm On Mar 24, 2010
eina:

Kobojunkie, Iwu and yar' adua do not qualify because they are simply below average. A good leader is one who is up to a certain standard and not a person who will always do it perfectly. Dora is ok cos shes above average. I don't think you can find anyone without a bit of bad record. Impossible!!!.

HHhmmm. . . . How did you MEASURE this ? What Standard of measure did you use?
Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by Kobojunkie: 10:43pm On Mar 24, 2010
[size=14pt]Yar'Adua And the Limits of Politics - By DORA AKUNYILI[/size]

Monday, 14 December 2009 at 03:38

[size=13pt]For any one who is concerned about the values and prevailing spirit of brotherhood in our society, the last few weeks must be a jolting experience. The very noble values of deep respect for life and elevated spirit humanism which have been the bedrock of our shared culture as a people came under attack as it were, all in the name of politics.

In more ways than one, Nigeria encapsulates the values and spirit of Africa. This is a culture and a people whose core values place premium on human life and never, even at the point of hostility, compromise on holding up respect for life and a wish for the best for the neighbour.

It is true that a lot of the values and cultural practices that constituted the unique identity of Africa have been eroded over the years as a result of unavoidable diffusion with other values and cultures. Even at that, and to a very appreciable level, the African society retains till date a substantial level of the spirit of kinship and humanism, a core aspect of which is empathy and respect for life. It is this culture and value that is put into admirable practice when in various African societies, remarkably in Nigeria, the death of a ruler or a prominent person is not whimsically announced and the incident of a ruler being critically ill attracts communal prayers and sacrifices for the reversal of the fortune of such a revered person. There is so much that is noble and elevating in these aspects of our culture and values, and we do not need to throw them overboard in the name of modernity.

The present ill health of the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces, Umaru Yar'Adua is, by all accounts, a national challenge. For any society that cares and places premium on the value of life of its people, the travail of one citizen is, to varied extents, the travail of the entire society. When the citizen involved is the number one citizen of the country, the leader of the nation and people, a country cannot but be deeply concerned and pray also, that the leader overcomes whatever the problem may be, to return to the duty which has been entrusted upon him by the people.

In the thirty months that he has presided over the affairs of Nigeria as a democratically elected President, Umaru Musa Yar'Adua has proved himself a man of peace and decency. Even the ardent critics of the government of the day under President Yar'Adua must concede the fact that he has done exceedingly well to foster harmony and accommodation in the country. His uncompromised subscription to the principles of the rule of law has tremendously enhanced democracy in the country since his assumption of office. It is a fact today that many citizens, big and small, now have a comfortable sense of protection under the law, knowing that their rights, freedom and entitlements are better secured under the prevailing regime of the rule of law. By the same token, the various abuse of position by many privileged persons which used to thrive in the past have been curtailed to a reasonable extent with the realization by many that the law will take its course and no wrong doing is shielded by the government under President Yar'Adua.
Of course, the amnesty to former militants in the Niger Delta area and return of peace to the region has been acknowledged globally as a very outstanding accomplishment by the President. It took the temperament of the President and his total commitment to national peace and security to pursue the policy that resulted in the amnesty and the peace in the Niger Delta. These may seem easy to many people today, but any one who is sincere to himself will concede that it took an uncommon statesmanship for President Yar'Adua to approve the engagement with the militants and then follow it up with the offer of the amnesty.

The resort to unnecessary politicization of the ill health of the President by some individuals is therefore, not only unfortunate, but very uncharitable and unAfrican.What the nation owes President Yar'Adua at such a crucial point of need in his life as now is total support and fervent prayers for his recovery. There is no other nation that can be recalled or imagined where the immediate reaction of some citizens to their President being ill is to break into loud and unrestrained public discussion on when he will resign and who will take over. There must be a limit to politics. What many politicians have done in the last fortnight as regards the health of President Yar'Adua and the state of the nation has been insensitive and unhelpful in maintaining harmony and security in the country. This is not good at all.

Not surprisingly, some foreign countries have been emboldened to join the free for all discussion on the health of the Preisdent.In fact some foreign elements were reported to have come all the way to Nigeria to ask to be briefed on the health of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

We should know when the joke is on us. Every person, including a President can get ill. Unless a country makes it so, the ship of state cannot sink for the reason that the President is ill and not on his seat for a while. Nigeria is not a banana republic. There is structure and order in the country. Those who want the world to believe otherwise should retrace their steps and realize that they have nothing to gain by such self debasement.

We are a good people with a deep sense of tradition, noble values and spirit of kinship. Let us not jettison our best values in the name of politics. Let us pray for the recovery of President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua. He deserves it, both as our President and as our bother.[/size]

[size=15pt]By Prof. Dora Akunyili, Nigeria's Minister of Information and Communications.[/size]
As culled from the DAILY CHAMPION.
Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by Bethlehem: 10:46pm On Mar 24, 2010
why are people being unfairly selective and biased in their assesment of the sacked ministers. what did dora do as info minister that was so uncomparably outstanding that only her deserves to be recycle. i for one did see selfless sincerity in the drama she put up on the yaradua/jonathan issue for certain reasons. if we must have more women in the cabinet cant we get astute women professionals whose fabric have not been stained by the dirty oil of nigeria politics. unless we saying there is dearth of credible nigerians. dora has multiple ambitions and interests to be a messiah in the present day nigeria politics. Recycling dora is nothing but GUTTER BULLSHIT.
Re: President Adds Five More Ministers Including Dora Akunyili by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 24, 2010
Kobo you should know what am talking about. Between Iwu and dora who is better? You dont need an accurate measurement to produce the answer. Do you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ACN Candidate Akeredolu Casting His Ballot (Pic) / Equinox Opens African Headquarters In Lagos / Nimbo Community Seeks N17bn Compensation Over Herdsmen Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.