Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,930 members, 7,814,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Come And Prove God's Existence - Week 1 - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Come And Prove God's Existence - Week 1 (1861 Views)

Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? / Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? / Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Come And Prove God's Existence - Week 1 by Freeze007(m): 1:26am On Nov 29, 2017
Ioseph:
Hello. I will be posting weekly threads for people of all faiths to give evidence for their god, be it Muslims, Jews, Christians, Ifa worshippers or some other faith. Please give a general consensus of why you believe that:

1) A god exists. (Or gods exist).

2) Why your god is the one true god.

3) How you can see evidence for the existence of your god.

Hi, nice thread... kudos!!

Let me point out, knowledge of God will not be driven by carnality but absolute HOLINESS AND PURITY as was John the Baptist, He was totally holy and spiritual, how many would love to tow that part? We all Chorus our sins have been atoned for by whoever we believe in as God, question is ARE YOU SURE? LIKE SERIOUSLY? what prerogative dose a sinner with a spotless personality(Alimighty God), you recall in the scripture that a little lump, liveneth the whole lump, lets state here, we would either face the hard truth by being holy or just settle for who and what we want to call a god or be Holy and feel the presence of the TRUINE GOD the choice is ours to make as for me, I am a WITNESS to the presence of God on Earth, but, if you are not pure and Holy it would be hard to even hear from Him, mind you, I talk about Him because I have seen but I will leave the name mentioning for later lest it stir an wrath or abuses, so, in that regard I would advise all and sundry to be righteous and Holy to feel the presence of the TRUINE GOD NOW ON EARTH-FATHER,SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT now and forever more Amen

I am witnessing as NOAH WITNESSED IN HIS TIME!!!!!

this thread could also be an ample opportunity for the LOST SOUL WHOSE TIME FOR REDEMPTION HAS COME
Re: Come And Prove God's Existence - Week 1 by malvisguy212: 12:39pm On Nov 29, 2017
johnydon22:

Our ignorance on these subjects are not evidence for God they are rather evidence for our ignorance. We can't just say "because we don't know this, therefore God did it. that will only make God a placeholder for our ignorance.

once we cannot follow the chain of enquiry, once we come to the limit of our knowledge, we terminate our research and ascribe all that we are yet to know to God.

this will make god increasingly unneeded with the more we discover and find out.
Long time bro
How can there be so many wonderful and amazing CREATURES without an intelligent CREATOR to make them? as you have stated, if the atheists answer to this question is "we don't know" and yet you rue out the possibility of God creating this things,then ,this my friend is the highest stage of ignorance a man will reach.

if your answer is"we don't know" don't you think we must not rue out the possibility of God exitance?
what difference does it make when a person realizes that an all-wise, loving, eternal, all-powerful God created the first man and woman? Recognizing a personal Creator makes man much more than an animal or an accident of nature.
Re: Come And Prove God's Existence - Week 1 by johnydon22(m): 5:16pm On Nov 29, 2017
malvisguy212:
Long time bro

Yes my brother, i trust you have been well.

How can there be so many wonderful and amazing CREATURES without an intelligent CREATOR to make them? as you have stated, if the atheists answer to this question is "we don't know" and yet you rue out the possibility of God creating this things,then ,this my friend is the highest stage of ignorance a man will reach.

Well i never said that a creator is not required to create these wonderful things on my reply to your post, my post addressed the replacement of ignorance with God.

You see the problem of - How can there be such wonderful amazing creatures without an intelligent creator creates an even bigger problem.

Because the intelligent creator must be even more wonderful and amazing to be fully capable and able to create these creatures, so doesn't this also raise the problem of "How can such awesome wonderful and amazing intelligent design exist without another intelligent designer?

You see we are now in an even bigger problem?

if your answer is"we don't know" don't you think we must not rue out the possibility of God exitance?

There is really nothing wrong with accepting or agreeing to ignorance. Without ignorance there won't be a need for us to learn anything at all. I am sure you must agree with me today that everything we know of now, we were once ignorant of it.

So accepting ignorance where you lack knowledge is a mark of intellectual humility and this is a good thing, it creates room for more studies. Since we do not, it is not necessary that we assume up an answer to fill in this gap and let that terminate our research.

Would you rather have someone agree they don't know or just give you any answer they want?

what difference does it make when a person realizes that an all-wise, loving, eternal, all-powerful God created the first man and woman? Recognizing a personal Creator makes man much more than an animal or an accident of nature.

The thing is this is an appeal to emotions. you may make yourself feel good and special by assuming a creator all-powerful and eternal who cares about you and that is totally great.

But the question is: Is this true?

That something makes you feel great and cozy doesn't necessarily mean it is the truth. I prefer a cold objective truth to a warm cozy special lie.

1 Like

Re: Come And Prove God's Existence - Week 1 by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 29, 2017
God exists. Whether you believe me or not won't change anything. But the misconceptions flying around is that God is a being sitting on one throne somewhere in a certain heaven. The truth is; you are a part of God, God is the universe (or multiverse as the case may be) and everything in it. You have all it takes to be a creator, a killer, a devil, a saint, etc.

As I am typing this stuff, a human with one head like you is trying to come up with a formula that would extend man's life to at least a thousand year extra, another human like you (probably a "pained" Nigerian) is thinking of how to create a mobile app that would report if a nearby atm is dispensing cash or not , etc. The list goes on and on.

Finally, whether you believe me or not, you are God! The choice is yours to be a useful one or a useless one.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Come And Prove God's Existence - Week 1 by spy24(m): 2:49pm On Dec 02, 2017
RealLordZeus:
Cc: Ioseph, dalaman zither hopefulLandlord otemsapien spy24

Yessss
Re: Come And Prove God's Existence - Week 1 by Hier(m): 4:00pm On Dec 02, 2017
Ioseph:

Please don't respond to the questions with more questions. This doesn't demonstrate any proof in god's existence nor in it's legitimacy over whatever other gods there are that humans have believed in. Your post is essentially a non-argument.

trash
.answer her question
Re: Come And Prove God's Existence - Week 1 by delexy123: 4:00pm On Dec 02, 2017
johnydon22:

Yes my brother, i trust you have been well.

Well i never said that a creator is not required to create these wonderful things on my reply to your post, my post addressed the replacement of ignorance with God.

You see the problem of - How can there be such wonderful amazing creatures without an intelligent creator creates an even bigger problem.

Because the intelligent creator must be even more wonderful and amazing to be fully capable and able to create these creatures, so doesn't this also raise the problem of "How can such awesome wonderful and amazing intelligent design exist without another intelligent designer?

You see we are now in an even bigger problem?

There is really nothing wrong with accepting or agreeing to ignorance. Without ignorance there won't be a need for us to learn anything at all. I am sure you must agree with me today that everything we know of now, we were once ignorant of it.

So accepting ignorance where you lack knowledge is a mark of intellectual humility and this is a good thing, it creates room for more studies. Since we do not, it is not necessary that we assume up an answer to fill in this gap and let that terminate our research.

Would you rather have someone agree they don't know or just give you any answer they want?

The thing is this is an appeal to emotions. you may make yourself feel good and special by assuming a creator all-powerful and eternal who cares about you and that is totally great.

But the question is: Is this true?

That something makes you feel great and cozy doesn't necessarily mean it is the truth. I prefer a cold objective truth to a warm cozy special lie.
I don't know why these questions below are always avoided when we know it holds the key to the knowledge of the existence or nonexistence of God. I will love you to have a go at it @Johnny don22...

1. How did the idea of a 'god' or 'spirit' first become conceived in the mind of the early man?
2. Why is man so attached to the idea of the existence of a 'god' that it has sparked thousands years of debate which is still ongoing?
3. Will there come a time when this debate will stop?
4. Will there be a time when the receding ignorance will cease to be and man will know all there is to be known? (note that at this point, man would be omniscience therefore, the debate of the existence of a 'god' will cease to be).
5. If there will be a time like that, will man be able to survive up to that time?
6. If possible, what are the chances that man will be able survive and achievements that feat?
7. If there is 'very low' or No chance that man will survive up to that time of being omniscience, then, why do man still debate the existence of a 'god' when he knows that he wouldn't live to proof or debunk it?
Re: Come And Prove God's Existence - Week 1 by johnydon22(m): 8:05pm On Dec 02, 2017
delexy123:
I don't know why these questions below are always avoided when we know it holds the key to the knowledge of the existence or nonexistence of God. I will love you to have a go at it @Johnny don22...

1. How did the idea of a 'god' or 'spirit' first become conceived in the mind of the early man?

I don't know, i wasn't there

2. Why is man so attached to the idea of the existence of a 'god' that it has sparked thousands years of debate which is still ongoing?

Man needs an external authority or the emotional succour of an external care-taker. An unflinching need to feel so special and so loved, to feel that this life that is fleeting and vane, is not all there is. Man needs an assurance that he is not just but a cosmic accident in an indifferent universe.

3. Will there come a time when this debate will stop?

I don't know though highly unlikely

4. Will there be a time when the receding ignorance will cease to be and man will know all there is to be known? (note that at this point, man would be omniscience therefore, the debate of the existence of a 'god' will cease to be).

Highly unlikely

5. If there will be a time like that, will man be able to survive up to that time?
Have no idea

6. If possible, what are the chances that man will be able survive and achievements that feat?
Highly unlikely

7. If there is 'very low' or No chance that man will survive up to that time of being omniscience, then, why do man still debate the existence of a 'god' when he knows that he wouldn't live to proof or debunk it?

Because the concept of God like every other concept man has made impacts on man's social, economic, personal, emotional life.

1 Like

Re: Come And Prove God's Existence - Week 1 by delexy123: 1:03pm On Dec 03, 2017
johnydon22:

I don't know, i wasn't there

Man needs an external authority or the emotional succour of an external care-taker. An unflinching need to feel so special and so loved, to feel that this life that is fleeting and vane, is not all there is. Man needs an assurance that he is not just but a cosmic accident in an indifferent universe.

I don't know though highly unlikely

Highly unlikely
Have no idea

Highly unlikely

Because the concept of God like every other concept man has made impacts on man's social, economic, personal, emotional life.
Thanks for the matured response. Now here comes a rather baffling question...
If man Do Not Know how the idea of a 'god' came into the mind of the early man in the first place, why then do he feel the need to quickly dismiss the existence of 'god'?
Re: Come And Prove God's Existence - Week 1 by johnydon22(m): 1:13pm On Dec 05, 2017
delexy123:
Thanks for the matured response. Now here comes a rather baffling question...
If man Do Not Know how the idea of a 'god' came into the mind of the early man in the first place, why then do he feel the need to quickly dismiss the existence of 'god'?

Man still have no idea how the idea of Dragons came to the mind of the first men, we still have no reason to objectively believe dragons are real
Re: Come And Prove God's Existence - Week 1 by Dayoto: 12:30am On Dec 06, 2017
Ioseph:
Hello. I will be posting weekly threads for people of all faiths to give evidence for their god, be it Muslims, Jews, Christians, Ifa worshippers or some other faith. Please give a general consensus of why you believe that:

1) A god exists. (Or gods exist).

2) Why your god is the one true god.

3) How you can see evidence for the existence of your god.

Where is the week 2?
Re: Come And Prove God's Existence - Week 1 by delexy123: 12:38am On Dec 07, 2017
johnydon22:

Man still have no idea how the idea of Dragons came to the mind of the first men, we still have no reason to objectively believe dragons are real
Hmmn.....One of these is unlike the other. This is a faulty comparison and you know it.
One can argue for how the idea of dragons came into the mind of early man thanks to the discovery of fossils of flying dinosaurs commonly called pterosaurs. Upon stumbling on this fossil, the early man might have decided to call it any name he deem fit and 'dragon' is one. Man, known for his love for exaggeration began to recreate stories(fireballs, healing tears, reincarnation) from this 'discovery' thereby making it sound more incredible. All I am saying in a nutshell is that 'dragon' may have been a 'rehearsed' pterosaurs all along.
On the other hand, One cannot explain how the idea of a 'god' or 'spirit' came into the mind of the early man (even the thought of leaving a day old baby in middle of the Amazon and record how he 'reasons' without man's intervention cannot fly). With the thought of ''how the idea of a 'god' or 'spirit' came into the early man's mind" still shrouded in mystery, any attempt to dismiss the existence of a 'god' or 'spirit' will continue to hit a brick.
Re: Come And Prove God's Existence - Week 1 by Dayoto: 1:15am On Dec 07, 2017
delexy123:
Hmmn.....One of these is unlike the other. This is a faulty comparison and you know it.
One can argue how the idea of dragons came into the mind of early man thanks to the discovery of fossils of flying dinosaurs commonly called pterosaurs. Upon stumbling on this fossil, the early man might have decided to call it any name he deem fit and 'dragon' is one. Man, known for his love for exaggeration began to recreate stories(fireballs, healing tears, reincarnation) from this 'discovery' thereby making it sound more incredible. All I am saying in a nutshell is that 'dragon' may have been a 'rehearsed' pterosaurs all along.
On the other hand, One cannot explain how the idea of a 'god' or 'spirit' came into the mind of the early man (even the thought of leaving a day old baby in middle of the Amazon and record how he 'reasons' without man's intervention cannot fly). With the thought of ''how the idea of a 'god' or 'spirit' came into the early man's mind" still shrouded in mystery, any attempt to dismiss the existence of a 'god' or 'spirit' will continue to hit a brick.

Wait, let's take a look at it from this angle.
For instance the early Yoruba folks believed in Ogun, Sango, Oya and all; and those that worshipped their own grand parents I.e their ancestors even though they knew they were just mere human beings like them but with the thought that anybody that died would possess some spiritual powers to guide over the livings.

All these were being before the introduction of the modern religion and their gods.

And again you know, human beings are naturally programmed to use their imagination and fantasies over the unreal.

I remember when we're young, we used to tell ourselves that shouting "money money money" three times in a day for forty one days would make one become a millionaire, lols.

It all started from FANTASY...

Just curious though.

cc: johnydon22

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advise Needed:my Younger Sister Is Prone To Immorality. / Dreams: understanding and decoding the mysteries of it / Catholic Rev Frs Raping, Impregnating, And Forcing Rev Srs To Do Abortions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.