Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

A Proverb Concerning Depression - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Proverb Concerning Depression (539 Views)

Pastor Andrew Stoeklein Commits Suicide In California, Battled With Depression / Help Needed Concerning Restitution / Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Proverb Concerning Depression by 0temAtum: 10:34am On Nov 20, 2017
Doctufos: Proverbs of Otem 2: 12-13

12. Depression is the greatest form of oppression. Let every homo avoid it like a plague.
13. Majority of suicidal cases are caused by depression and not by spiritual attack. And depression is psychological and not spiritual.
Re: A Proverb Concerning Depression by 0temSapien: 11:33am On Aug 06, 2020
Learn the truth.
Re: A Proverb Concerning Depression by Kobojunkie: 10:00pm On Aug 06, 2020
0temAtum:
Doctufos: Proverbs of Otem 2: 12-13
12. Depression is the greatest form of oppression. Let every homo avoid it like a plague.
Because depression is "avoidable"?
0temAtum:
13. Majority of suicidal cases are caused by depression and not by spiritual attack. And depression is psychological and not spiritual.
Ok, so since depression is 'avoidable', those who consider suicide or have suicidal ideations, as a result, are well within their means to get a hold of the problem without any help at all?

Re: A Proverb Concerning Depression by OtemAtum: 11:44am On Sep 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Because depression is "avoidable"?
Ok, so since depression is 'avoidable', those who consider suicide or have suicidal ideations, as a result, are well within their means to get a hold of the problem without any help at all?
I am very happy that you are countering these words of wisdom. You know why I am happy? It's because those who counter words of wisdom will eventually gain more knowledge when they get replies back, argue further and further. If only we have more wise people to counter the supposed words of wisdom of religious books, by now the world would have been more improved than this knowledgewise.
However, since words of wisdom are up there to be countered, they are also meant to be defended and that's what I will do right now.

Depression is avoidable in the sense that you can actually channel your thoughts and energy into things that make you happy and optimistic more than focussing all your attention on the things that cause the depression.

Many people on earth have been depressed at one time or the other in their lives, but some gave themselves self-motivation and avoided it, while others sought help and still avoided it.
Re: A Proverb Concerning Depression by Dtruthspeaker: 3:20pm On Sep 07, 2020
OtemAtum:
I am very happy that you are countering these words of wisdom. You know why I am happy? It's because those who counter words of wisdom will eventually gain more knowledge when they get replies back, argue further and further. If only we have more wise people to counter the supposed words of wisdom of religious books, by now the world would have been more improved than this knowledgewise.
However, since words of wisdom are up there to be countered, they are also meant to be defended and that's what I will do right now.

Depression is avoidable in the sense that you can actually channel your thoughts and energy into things that make you happy and optimistic more than focussing all your attention on the things that cause the depression.

Many people on earth have been depressed at one time or the other in their lives, but some gave themselves self-motivation and avoided it, while others sought help and still avoided it.

grin grin grin
Without the cover of the God, ALL THE BAD 'D's MUST MARRY YOU!

DEPRESSION, DESPAIR, DELAY, DISCOURAGEMENT, DEFEAT, DISILLUSIONMENT, DISASTER, DISTRACTION, DESTRUCTION, DEVOURED, DESOLATION, DIVISION, DERAILMENT, DROUGHT, DRYNESS, DEBT, DIRT, DEATH, D'EVIL ETC.

"He who delights in the Word of the Lord
Shall be blessed in all of his ways
For the friendship of God is with those who fear Him"
Re: A Proverb Concerning Depression by OtemAtum: 3:43pm On Sep 07, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

grin grin grin
Without the cover of the God, ALL THE BAD 'D's MUST MARRY YOU!

DEPRESSION, DESPAIR, DELAY, DISCOURAGEMENT, DEFEAT, DISILLUSIONMENT, DISASTER, DISTRACTION, DESTRUCTION, DEVOURED, DESOLATION, DIVISION, DERAILMENT, DROUGHT, DRYNESS, DEBT, DIRT, DEATH, D'EVIL ETC.

"He who delights in the Word of the Lord
Shall be blessed in all of his ways
For the friendship of God is with those who fear Him"

I love this coding used for representing many problems we could encounter in life. Let me check which of them I have not really avoided... ...

Check over. I can score myself 95% concerning how I have been able to go about tackling them so far, but what do you mean by Dryness in this context?
Re: A Proverb Concerning Depression by Dtruthspeaker: 7:22am On Sep 08, 2020
OtemAtum:
I love this coding used for representing many problems we could encounter in life. Let me check which of them I have not really avoided... ...

Check over. I can score myself 95% concerning how I have been able to go about tackling them so far, but what do you mean by Dryness in this context?

grin grin grin grin grin
Hahahaha hahaha hahahaha hooooo!

Which one of you shall submit thy body to a surgeon for an operation, who Assessed and Marked his own Qualifying Medical Exam?

Is his result True? Shall you believe that he is qualified to execute your operation?

Nay, he is a Liar and a Fraud!

Otemu, I Ban you for the rest of your life from "Messing" in this class,Go to the Toilet! grin grin grin
Re: A Proverb Concerning Depression by OtemAtum: 7:53am On Sep 08, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

grin grin grin grin grin
Hahahaha hahaha hahahaha hooooo!

Which one of you shall submit thy body to a surgeon for an operation, who Assessed and Marked his own Qualifying Medical Exam?

Is his result True? Shall you believe that he is qualified to execute your operation?

Nay, he is a Liar and a Fraud!

Otemu, I Ban you for the rest of your life from "Messing" in this class,Go to the Toilet! grin grin grin
You say?

(1) (Reply)

What Does it Mean to see The Number 33 Whenever I Check Time / Free Christian Books! / PMCH. MFM. Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Ministries. Power Must Change Hands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.