Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David (9494 Views)

Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? / Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? / The Worst Parenting Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David by easyboss1(m): 1:24pm On Nov 20, 2017
The wife of the President of Timi David Ministry, Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David gave advice to career women on parenting.

Pastor Mrs Timi David pointed out while speaking to dailyfamily.ng that it is important for women who are busy with their careers to try not to prioritize their jobs over family.

The woman of God revealed that as a graduate of Accountancy, she left her banking dream to work as an accountant in a small firm just to take care of her children.

She said: “A lot of women have made mistakes; some women value their jobs over their families. When the job stops suddenly or maybe they are sacked; they will see that they had jeopardized their families and they don’t have enough for their children. Their children don’t even have relationship with them but most children have relationship with the maids.”

Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David gave her advice to career women, she said: “For you to be able to take care of your children as a mother, you need to sacrifice some things. Then you realize that when you sacrifice some things, you even make more.

I do not say they should not work but they should know that it is what they desire out of life that they will get. If care is not taken, you will lose a part of your children. God will ask you, how did you do it? How did you train your children?

I think we should not put money over our children’s welfare and well being. Money is good and it will come but it is important to make the right priority.”
https://dailyfamily.ng/parenting-advice-for-career-women-from-pastor-mrs-olamide-timi-david/

2 Likes

Re: Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David by miqos02(m): 1:38pm On Nov 20, 2017
wow, this woman don enter Nairaland, una dey chop computer village money with Oga pastor. weldone

3 Likes

Re: Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David by chigoizie7(m): 1:40pm On Nov 20, 2017
Nice one. Even when I am about to read it

1 Like

Re: Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David by awoo47: 1:40pm On Nov 20, 2017
Olamide d badoo himself giving marriage advice?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David by UncleSnr(m): 1:41pm On Nov 20, 2017

1 Like

Re: Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David by FitnessDoctor: 1:43pm On Nov 20, 2017
Wow

1 Like

Re: Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David by Talk2Bella(f): 1:43pm On Nov 20, 2017
some people are really small minded

I guess Amina Mohammed doesn't have time for her kids too

children need both parents not just the mother, that's where favoritism kicks in, they either start disrespecting one of the parent while holding the other in high esteem

13 Likes

Re: Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 20, 2017
Listen to my songs at http://my.notjustok.com/p/oracle

1 Like

Re: Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David by Figs(m): 1:45pm On Nov 20, 2017
Tinubu is a thief

1 Like

Re: Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David by theapeman: 1:47pm On Nov 20, 2017
got nothing to say!

maybe the poster below me got something to say but if not, just know he is dumb

1 Like

Re: Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David by sexiestharam(f): 1:50pm On Nov 20, 2017
Got nothing to say too.

1 Like

Re: Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David by YelloweWest: 2:21pm On Nov 20, 2017
Now we have to deal with this sort of shìt coming from a woman??

In a world where husband's now want their wives to take care of themselves, their extended family obligations and contribute to the up keep of the immediate family.
How the hell do u expect the woman to be home raising kids at the same time??

6 Likes

Re: Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David by Nnfe(f): 2:23pm On Nov 20, 2017
Balance is everything.

1 Like

Re: Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David by LeMonsieur(m): 3:43pm On Nov 20, 2017
True.. Very true

1 Like

Re: Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David by yvelchstores(f): 3:59pm On Nov 20, 2017
What she has said is the truth. If u have a contrary opinion, be sure u have children of your own before u start commenting trash

3 Likes

Re: Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:00pm On Nov 20, 2017
YelloweWest:
Now we have to deal with this sort of shìt coming from a woman??

In a world where husband's now want their wives to take care of themselves, their extended family obligations and contribute to the up keep of the immediate family.
How the hell do u expect the woman to be home raising kids at the same time??

And all you've written up there are the reasons why there are so many perverted kids these days...kids that lack manners...kids without real values...wayward and lacking understanding of certain basic things.

Being a parent totally goes beyond birthing the kids and providing all their financial needs or being influential in society (just because they have some spare cash). The big responsibility lies in raising these kids with the right values, fear of God mindset and to be an asset to society.

I'm an advocate of women contributing tangibly towards financing the home, but not at the detriment of the kids or her husband. Family first!

3 Likes

Re: Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:03pm On Nov 20, 2017
PrimadonnaO:

And all you've written up there are the reasons why there are so many perverted kids these days...kids that lack manners...kids without real values...wayward and lacking understanding of certain basic things.

Being a parent totally goes beyond birthing the kids and providing all their financial needs or being influential in society (just because they have some spare cash). The big responsibility lies in raising these kids with the right values, fear of God mindset and to be an asset to society.

I'm an advocate of women contributing tangibly towards financing the home, but not at the detriment of the kids or her husband. Family first!

2 Likes

Re: Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David by YelloweWest: 4:39pm On Nov 20, 2017
PrimadonnaO:

Your last paragraph is talking with both sides of your mouth.
I'm a mother. My time is for my children. I won't work until my kids are a certain age so I can raise them properly.
I don't contribute NOTHING financially for now and my husband does not complain.
He pays all the bills and has taken up my responsibility to my siblings and parents.

How many men like this do we have nowadays?
He recognises that I have sacrificed myself to raise his children and does not ask me for anything. Unlike all these boys that will be shouting woman must contribute.

My point is if u want your wife to make money and contribute to the family financially, be ready to chip in and raise you kids as a man. Or else... Cos it takes time to make money.
Something has got to give.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:06pm On Nov 20, 2017
YelloweWest:

I'm a mother. My time is for my children. I won't work until my kids are a certain age so I can raise them properly.
I don't contribute NOTHING financially for now and my husband does not complain.
He pays all the bills and has taken up my responsibility to my siblings and parents.

He recognises that I have sacrificed myself to raise his children and does not ask me for anything. Unlike all these boys that will be shouting woman must contribute.

My point is if u want your wife to make money and contribute to the family financially, be ready to chip in and raise you kids as a man. Or else... Cos it takes time to make money.

Whichever way it works out for the couple involved. But in a situation where the man isn't as understanding and supportive as your husband is, it becomes the woman's responsibility to step up. Often, women are the ones who do most of the sacrificing.

I'm not talking with both sides of my mouth. She can work or start up a business, but not a job that's so demanding such that there's little or no time to bond and cater for husband and kids.

2 Likes

Re: Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David by Segzee1(m): 5:25pm On Nov 20, 2017
Nice one from Oga madam grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David by YelloweWest: 5:43pm On Nov 20, 2017
PrimadonnaO:

Whichever way it works out for the couple involved. But in a situation where the man isn't as understanding and supportive as your husband is, it becomes the woman's responsibility to step up. Often, women are the ones who do most of the sacrificing.

I'm not talking with both sides of my mouth. She can work or start up a business, but not a job that's so demanding such that there's little or no time to bond and cater for husband and kids.
When describing the man's role u said supportive and understanding.
When describing the woman u now say responsibility.... hmmm
Isn't it the man's sole responsibility to provide for his family if his wife is raising their kids and because of that can't work?

6 Likes

Re: Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:09pm On Nov 20, 2017
YelloweWest:

When describing the man's role u said supportive and understanding.
When describing the woman u now say responsibility.... hmmm
Isn't it the man's sole responsibility to provide for his family if his wife is raising their kids and because of that can't work?

The responsibility of the woman I mentioned up there isn't to become bread winner. It remains the man's primary responsibility to provide the resources for the home...Primary, not sole responsibility.

That's the point I've been trying to make. Gone are those days when women stay as full time house wives their entire lives. In marriage, partners no longer make decisions on their own without consulting the other partner involved. So, a wife cannot just decide to sit at home raising kids without her husband consenting. That's what I meant by a supportive and understanding husband. He has to understand the need to devote time to the kids and the home and be willing to take up the financial responsibilities all by himself. But in the event that such doesn't happen, in the event that he doesn't want a stay-at-home-wife or isn't adequately sorting out the financial responsibilities that involves the wife's personal needs, feeding, kids' upkeep, housing expenses and even to the wife's parents and siblings (if need be), what happens? Would the wife continue to sit at home and be managing so much when she can do her bit to earn and improve their standard of living?

Effort just has to be made to strike a balance somewhere. You're lucky to have a husband who meets yours and the home's financial needs satisfactorily while you devote time to the kids. Not everyone gets to have it conveniently that way.
Not everyone even wants it that way.

Different strokes for different folks. So, my personal take still remains that a wife should earn, too. But she shouldn't be chasing money at the detriment of her family. The children would grow up and she can begin to devote more time to career/business. It's a step by step thing.

2 Likes

Re: Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David by cococandy(f): 9:02pm On Nov 20, 2017
Mtchew
Re: Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David by cococandy(f): 9:05pm On Nov 20, 2017
You’re talking with both sides of your mouth.
If the woman has to put the kids and family above everything else, the man has to MAKE SURE he can support them all financially without her contribution.
Stop making excuses for those who seek to punish women in the name of marriage.
It’s like you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t.
PrimadonnaO:

The responsibility of the woman I mentioned up there isn't to become bread winner. It remains the man's primary responsibility to provide the resources for the home...Primary, not sole responsibility.

That's the point I've been trying to make. Gone are those days when women stay as full time house wives their entire lives. In marriage, partners no longer make decisions on their own without consulting the other partner involved. So, a wife cannot just decide to sit at home raising kids without her husband consenting. That's what I meant by a supportive and understanding husband. He has to understand the need to devote time to the kids and the home and be willing to take up the financial responsibilities all by himself. But in the event that such doesn't happen, in the event that he doesn't want a stay-at-home-wife or isn't adequately sorting out the financial responsibilities that involves the wife's personal needs, feeding, kids' upkeep, housing expenses and even to the wife's parents and siblings (if need be), what happens? Would the wife continue to sit at home and be managing so much when she can do her bit to earn and improve their standard of living?

Effort just has to be made to strike a balance somewhere. You're lucky to have a husband who meets yours and the home's financial needs satisfactorily while you devote time to the kids. Not everyone gets to have it conveniently that way.
Not everyone even wants it that way.

Different strokes for different folks. So, my personal take still remains that a wife should earn, too. But she shouldn't be chasing money at the detriment of her family. The children would grow up and she can begin to devote more time to career/business. It's a step by step thing.

5 Likes

Re: Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David by cococandy(f): 9:06pm On Nov 20, 2017
@bold, and why do you think that is?

Doesn’t take a genius to know why.
PrimadonnaO:

6 Likes

Re: Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David by Lalas247(f): 9:10pm On Nov 20, 2017
YelloweWest:

4 Likes

Re: Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David by Belafonte(m): 9:11pm On Nov 20, 2017
Talk2Bella:
some people are really small minded

I guess Amina Mohammed doesn't have time for her kids too

children need both parents not just the mother, that's where favoritism kicks in, they either start disrespecting one of the parent while holding the other in high esteem

You seem to know if Amina Mohammed has time for her kids or not. So, please tell us how she manages to find sufficient time to raise her kids while traipsing around the world. We would like to learn.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? / Do Parents Have A Say In Our Financial Matters? / Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.