Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land (24360 Views)

NGF: Security Agents Must Stop Violation Of Interstate Lockdown / IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property / FG Must Stop Lying About Boko Haram — ICC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by GodIsBiafran: 9:43pm On Nov 20, 2017
My people lets stop saying this nonsense. Orji Kalu started this rubbish - as a political plow to distract from his abysmal failure in Abia state. If you like say this thing a million times - It does not change the reality that Yorubas run Lagos. Have you lived in Lagos? I lived there for many years, so I know what I am talking about.

We need to stop all this nonsense and concentrate on building and developing the SE. All this time we have been shouting Lagos is no man's land where has it gotten us? Biko lets buy sense! If we concentrate our efforts and divert more of our resources back home, with 2 decades the SE will become the envy of not just other regions but of the entire African continent.

Mods, Please take this to front page so I can have this discussion with my brothers and sisters. Thank you.

97 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by checkedout: 9:49pm On Nov 20, 2017
Leave your people let dem keep claiming no-mans land while we keep collecting all the levies before they lay foundation to any building. Come to Ibassa//Ijegun Egba where I am from and say that nonsense of no-mans land.

Ndi Ara plus Ekwensu dem

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Cinkq: 10:11pm On Nov 20, 2017
If you igbos like keep calling lagos a no man's land, infact you can even call it a chinese or japanese land, we yorubas don't care because of the reality on ground. The micsonceptions and delusions of few among you concerning lagos ownership can not change the fact that lagos belongs to yorubas.

106 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by MightySparrow: 10:13pm On Nov 20, 2017
Nonsense thread. Igbo's made Lagos what it is now. Igbo man will one day rule in Oba of Lagos's palace.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Danladi7: 10:25pm On Nov 20, 2017
MightySparrow:
Nonsense thread. Igbo's made Lagos what it is now. Igbo man will one day rule in Oba of Lagos's palace.
you are disgracing the decent Igbos

172 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by ipobarecriminals: 10:30pm On Nov 20, 2017
wink cheesy wink wink smiley wink cool cool cool cool sad shocked coolsmiley cool.Leave dem,we have quality koboko,the type dat reset abnormal to normal

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 20, 2017
MightySparrow:
Alariiwo will not sleep this night

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by SolidGenius(m): 10:43pm On Nov 20, 2017

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by GodIsBiafran: 10:43pm On Nov 20, 2017
MightySparrow:

My problem is that it is distracting us from facing our own issues. This energy we are using to lay claim to Lagos online can be used to hold our elected officials accountable for their actions. I believe we Igbos are the most industrious tribe in Africa, however, we have to direct our energies towards the right direction.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Cherez: 11:44pm On Nov 20, 2017
Thank you my brother,
I wonder why some of my people talk this way.
What is the business of we Igbos with who owns Lagos?
We can claim so far Lagos is within the Nigerian border nobody can intimidate anyone in Lagos but to say Lagos is no man's land not in contest of a hustling jungle but that no one is an indigene is a crazy statement.
Let us all develop our states and leave Lagos for the Yorubas, Eguns, Binis, etc

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by adebisiseun2(m): 12:59am On Nov 21, 2017
SolidGenius:
True talk! Igbos must start to understand that Lagos will always be yoruba land.

The Foolish Obiano already poured kerosene into this madness.

true talk.obiano is foolish bcuz if it is not he won't says that anambrarians developed lagos.point of correction,lagos belong to yoruba

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by nwabobo: 1:09am On Nov 21, 2017
Cinkq:
If you igbos like keep calling lagos a no man's land, infact you can even call it a chinese or japanese land, we yorubas don't care because of the reality on ground. The micsonceptions and delusions of few among you concerning lagos ownership can not change the fact that lagos belongs to yorubas.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by hakeem4(m): 9:19am On Nov 21, 2017
MightySparrow:

The last time I checked, the Portuguese came and left Lagos was a big city, the British came and left Lagos was still a big city

So I don't even understand how the igbos made Lagos

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by miqos02(m): 9:19am On Nov 21, 2017
yes
Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by four4: 9:20am On Nov 21, 2017
c
Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Joephat(m): 9:21am On Nov 21, 2017
cool
Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by psychologist(m): 9:21am On Nov 21, 2017
LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND

kill yourself

13 Likes

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Sirheny007(m): 9:21am On Nov 21, 2017
Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by samsam2019: 9:21am On Nov 21, 2017
GodIsBiafran:
My people lets stop saying this nonsense. Orji Kalu started this rubbish - as a political plow to distract from his abysmal failure in Abia state. If you like say this thing a million times - It does not change the reality that Yorubas run Lagos. Have you lived in Lagos? I lived there for many years, so I know what I am talking about.

We need to stop all this nonsense and concentrate on building and developing the SE. All this time we have been shouting Lagos is no man's land where has it gotten us? Biko lets buy sense! If we concentrate our efforts and divert more of our resources back home, with 2 decades the SE will become the envy of not just other regions but of the entire African continent.

Mods, Please take this to front page so I can have this discussion with my brothers and sisters. Thank you.
you have class

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by siraj1402(m): 9:22am On Nov 21, 2017
i will only accept that lagos is no man's land if the next governor or oba of lagos comes from igbo land.Oni yeye gbogbo

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by generalbush(m): 9:22am On Nov 21, 2017
Lol

If Igbo's didnt develop Lagos, then who did?

Is it our father's who keep shouting Owo da at every bustop,

Or our mothers who sell Alomo and Agbo that will develop it??

Nawa ooo ... Lol

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by BafanaBafana: 9:23am On Nov 21, 2017
I get the jerk
Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by samsam2019: 9:23am On Nov 21, 2017
MightySparrow:
empty chest beating is the reason why nnamdi kanu is nowhere to be found today.

Don't fail your parents, have sense

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Afam4eva(m): 9:23am On Nov 21, 2017
Calling a place a "No man's land" is not only moronic, it's idiotic.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by kehinde1588(m): 9:23am On Nov 21, 2017
Its so disgusting for Igbos to say Lagos is no mans land. All i see is envy and nothing more. Whether you like it or not, Yorubas own Lagos and that fact can never change till Jesus comes back. Don't go and develop ur land be claiming rubbish

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by EponOjuku: 9:23am On Nov 21, 2017
On the contrary, I don't want Igbos to stop calling Lagos no-man's Land and I'll state my reasons.

Yorubas welcomed Igbos with an open hand and returned their abandoned properties after the war. Meanwhile, Igboid groups in present-day Rivers and Bayelsa states refused to return confiscated Igbo properties.

Nigerians from all ethnicities come to Lagos, live, trade, work, build and retire here. However, Igbos ignored the landowners and contributions of everyone and are selfishly but are foolishly claiming they developed Lagos.

The problem some Igbos have is that they have short memories. They've forgotten that as at when the Portuguese landed in Lagos, they had not yet finished trekking from Isreal or wherever they were downloaded from.

Yoruba are very welcoming and accommodating but won't tolerate nonsense. When these Igbos started this noise, we warned the liberal Yorubas but they said we were paranoid. Now, a lot of Yorubas are seeing the hate and bitterness that Igbos wish upon us and are now waking up.

During the last LG elections, all LG seats in Festac, Ojo Alaba, Amuwo and other areas with large Igbo population were collected and are firmly in the hand of Yorubas. In 2019, we're collecting our seats from those Igbos representatives and HOA members.

The environmental sanitation is presently political. When we're through with that, we move to other areas. By the time we ban gala and Fan yogo hawking in Lagos and the economy of a whole Igbo state crumbles cos of that, maybe you'll have sense.

Let Igbos keep calling Lagos No man's land, it serves to wake up the consciousness of liberal Yorubas. Mind you, the quiet Yoruba man is the most dangerous. The revolution would not be televised.

102 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by SNIPER123: 9:23am On Nov 21, 2017
embarassed
Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by EponOjuku: 9:24am On Nov 21, 2017
MightySparrow:

Just as your ancestors were chased out of Isreal and your fathers were chased out of Nigeria, you flatheaded miscreants would soon be kicked out of Yorubaland.

A few months ago, the Hausa Fulanis chased you ingrates out of Hausaland but your shameless fathers went on a regional begging tour to all the Northern States.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 21, 2017
I will know lagos is no man's land the day an Igbo man becomes the Governor of the state.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 21, 2017
Lagos belongs to the Yorubas but we are happy to be partners in developing.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by SpComedy: 9:25am On Nov 21, 2017
Lagos is a no man's land and the narrative is simple............. The yoruba may more in number but the no man-ness of Lagos is economically based.........

Every Nigerian contributed/is contributing to the growth of Lagos, the federal government used/uses money gotten from all over the country to build Lagos the more, all ethnic group in Nigeria are scampering to Lagos in other to gain back their resources used by FG to build Lagos, Thus making Lagos A NO MANS LAND.......... If e vex una ask federal government to construct federal roads, ports and airports in other region just like it's in Lagos..............

Lagos = NO MANS LAND

18 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Residents In Imo Refuses The Renaming Of Road After Buhari / DSS Invites Danlami Nmodu, Newsdiary Online Publisher Over Investigative Story / Corps Members Withhold Election Results In Ihiala, Demand N3,000 Food Allowance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.