Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,763 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land (24361 Views)

NGF: Security Agents Must Stop Violation Of Interstate Lockdown / IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property / FG Must Stop Lying About Boko Haram — ICC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Gotze1: 11:38am On Nov 21, 2017
koning:

Very on point. You cannot believe the number of these Yoruba families I'm helping to feed in Lagos. Most of them from Ondo, Osun and Ekiti. Almost everybody working on my properties are Yoruba. From the Bricklayer, the Mason, Carpenter up to the project supervisor. They don't have any basis whatsoever to complain about the Igbos. They should rather be grateful.

That Owo Iyaloja is paid mostly by Igbo traders.
Just keep the lies up, I am listening.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by PointB: 11:42am On Nov 21, 2017
Alkanoicacid:

It is U igbos that think you're better than any tribe and hate us.

Anyone who is busy making money has no time for hate. It's rather yoruba who hate our guts, our audacity, and outspokenness. Fortunately, we give it back to you as Newton stated : Action and Reaction are equal and opposite!
Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Gotze1: 11:44am On Nov 21, 2017
meforyou1:
Lagos is no man's land. even a prominent lagos indigene said it, that lagos belong to binis. all those yoruba from osogbo should go back to their rural slums. we developed lagos from when it was water and sand to what it is now, so we have the bragging right.
Igboman from ebonyi, which one should we take now. No man's land or bini land. Are you this daft. Oops, sorry, I should have known, if obiano a whole governor can have a daft brain, how much more you the youth. Beside, why confusing yourself. No man's land or bini land, which one?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Zuluhead(m): 11:46am On Nov 21, 2017
Young man, am from the east and a red cap title holder (an nze). Just because a place was a former capital doesn't make it no mans land and it be of an advantage to the yoruba because of the mindset you keep developing lagos and neglecting the east. Try and check the meaning of no man's land.
leezzz:

lagos is no man's land bcuz its d former NATIONAL capital
Ibadan was d former yoruba region capital not Lagos
and also all ds peeps sitting in lagos shouting SE is undeveloped lol a trip to d east will clear ur doubts

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Gotze1: 11:48am On Nov 21, 2017
meforyou1:
house of rep member in lagos - igbo. house of assembly member in lagos - igbo. very soon, we will win governor of lagos. and nothing you or your brothers from osogbo can do about it
Nice dreaming. Still continue and don't stop.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Gotze1: 11:49am On Nov 21, 2017
Bede2u:
u are not Igbo. Otherwise u should know not to wash ur dirty linens outside. This thread will not do anything other than insult Igbos who u claim to be one of.
Because he's not as stupid as you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Heavance(m): 11:52am On Nov 21, 2017
Alkanoicacid:

It is U igbos that think you're better than any tribe and hate us.
It seems you are affected by my post, and I never quoted anyone.
Mind you, I am not from their land at all.
If they misbehave, must you join them?
Leave them, when they will be addressed they will be quiet, just like they're with Nnamdi Kanu right now.
Your hate speech is just destroying our unity more, and making the northerners stronger.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by PointB: 11:59am On Nov 21, 2017
Zuluhead:
Young man, am from the east and a red cap title holder (an nze). Just because a place was a former capital doesn't make it no mans land and it be of an advantage to the yoruba because of the mindset you keep developing lagos and neglecting the east. Try and check the meaning of no man's land.

Bro, abeg leave stories for the god. Anyone can claim Nze or any title online, with doggy proofs. If truly you are what you claimed you are, you'll know being and Nze does not elevate your voice far and above others in gathering of Umunnas. So please keep your title under your armpit, it's of no consequence here in cyber.

As per matter at hand, anyone can call any city whatever he feels especially under the anonymity of cyber. Situation on ground may be differ, but you cannot rob a man of his opinion because it threatens your interest.

Again my dear 'Nze', Lagos is "No Man's Land." I have goggled the meaning, but I do not care. Calling Lagos No Man's Land to the consternation of some simpletons is a way of telling them that I reserved the rights to exercise my freedom of speech without let or hindrance.

I don't have to be politically correct cos someone feels his ox has been gored, when it aint so.

1 Like

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 21, 2017
Zuluhead:
first off u are not from d east
u saying u a RED cap title holder says it all
now lemme me explain,see even efulefus dont shout red cap title holder u dig?
we are unique
now back to d lag tin i would have u check brazil and oda countries where dia state capitals are smaller dan dia economic capitals
Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Gotze1: 12:05pm On Nov 21, 2017
leezzz:

lagos +ibadan=world biggest slums
justsaying
Says a igbo man from the world dirtiest tribe. Aba, umahia, onitsha are the world dirtiest places ....... World health organisation WHO.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by aribisala0(m): 12:06pm On Nov 21, 2017
aribisala0:
This

WILL NOT HAPPEN IN LAGOS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Gotze1: 12:08pm On Nov 21, 2017
Heavance:

It seems you are affected by my post, and I never quoted anyone.
Mind you, I am not from their land at all.
If they misbehave, must you join them?
Leave them, when they will be addressed they will be quiet, just like they're with Nnamdi Kanu right now.
Your hate speech is just destroying our unity more, and making the northerners stronger.
We don't want unity with igbos simple.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Ofemannnu: 12:10pm On Nov 21, 2017
generalbush:
Lol

If Igbo's didnt develop Lagos, then who did?

Is it our father's who keep shouting Owo da at every bustop,

Or our mothers who sell Alomo and Agbo that will develop it??

Nawa ooo ... Lol
lol...We have massive industries.Massive private educational sector,massive Information,Communication and Information sector etc.Which of these do the Igbos claim to develop Lagos with?Are they talking about fanyogo,gala etc?This is how we roll
https://www.nairaland.com/3918290/yorubas-most-industriousrichest-educated-tribe
as we continue to grow Lagos not with baby factories,rituals,drugs and crimes Igbos are known for.The truth is Yorubas/Lagos made Igboland or are they saying that they developed Lagos with their 2×2 shops,fanyogo etc.These people are gigantic clowns,I must say.Yorubas control Lagos and Nigeria's economy and your envy can only leave your heads more flatter than before.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by laudate: 12:10pm On Nov 21, 2017
koning:
I very much doubt if you are Igbo with this azz-licking and ridiculous heading. You could simply ask Igbos to invest in Igbo land without having to bring up the issue of Lagos into it.

Lagos has never been a Yoruba Land. 97% of Yorubas in lagos are immigrants just like the Igbos, Hausas, Binis and other SS peoples. It is and will always remain a cosmopolitan entity for the entire nation. Yorubas are more in Lagos because of the proximity of core Yoruba states to Lagos.

Igbos are many there because of our ubiquitous and adventurous nature.

Igbos should invest more in Igbo states. I agree. But that has nothing to do with Lagos being 'no man's land'. Stop sucking up to Yorubas. that is if you are actually Igbo.

If you say Lagos has never been Yoruba land, it shows that you know absolutely NOTHING about the history, origin and culture of Lagos. Even a child in kindergarten who lives within the city, would not make such asinine comments.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Gotze1: 12:15pm On Nov 21, 2017
PointB:

Bro, abeg leave stories for the god. Anyone can claim Nze or any title online, with doggy proofs. If truly you are what you claimed you are, you'll know being and Nze does not elevate your voice far and above others in gathering of Umunnas. So please keep your title under your armpit, it's of no consequence here in cyber.

As per matter at hand, anyone can call any city whatever he feels especially under the anonymity of cyber. Situation on ground may be differ, but you cannot rob a man of his opinion because it threatens your interest.

Again my dear 'Nze', Lagos is "No Man's Land." I have goggled the meaning, but I do not care. Calling Lagos No Man's Land to the consternation of some simpletons is a way of telling them that I reserved the rights to exercise my freedom of speech without let or hindrance.

I don't have to be politically correct cos someone feels his ox has been gored, when it aint so.
Abi, just like I like calling enugu n anambra a no man's land. Just as you said, it is to make yourself happy. So case close.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by PointB: 12:16pm On Nov 21, 2017
Gotze1:
We don't want unity with igbos simple.

As arrogant as we are, and as insecure as you feel, we are each other's hope.
Bro, we need to understand our difference so we can work together.

Igbo won't change, neither would you. So let's leave this matter and face the future together. The common enemy love this squabbles, but we are smarter than that. Let's move forward.
Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Bede2u(m): 12:16pm On Nov 21, 2017
Gotze1:
Because he's not as stupid as you.
wont join issues with u. Na people like op dey cause all these insults
Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Olril18(m): 12:17pm On Nov 21, 2017
koning:
I very much doubt if you are Igbo with this azz-licking and ridiculous heading. You could simply ask Igbos to invest in Igbo land without having to bring up the issue of Lagos into it.

Lagos has never been a Yoruba Land. 97% of Yorubas in lagos are immigrants just like the Igbos, Hausas, Binis and other SS peoples. It is and will always remain a cosmopolitan entity for the entire nation. Yorubas are more in Lagos because of the proximity of core Yoruba states to Lagos.

Igbos are many there because of our ubiquitous and adventurous nature.

Igbos should invest more in Igbo states. I agree. But that has nothing to do with Lagos being 'no man's land'. Stop sucking up to Yorubas. that is if you are actually Igbo.

yep..my mother is from Epe..she is not an indigene of Lagos oo..Epe is in Ebonyi state.

asan didirin akindani akindani

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by PointB: 12:18pm On Nov 21, 2017
Gotze1:
Abi, just like I like calling enugu n anambra a no man's land. Just as you said, it is to make yourself happy. So case close.

Bros, feel free to invest and own a part of Enugu and Anambra. Don't forget Owerri, statues are on offer for strategic investors there.
You can call it no man's land, but we won't even notice provide it advance our course.
Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Richtronix(m): 12:18pm On Nov 21, 2017
EponOjuku:
Mind you, the quiet Yoruba man is the most dangerous. The revolution would not be televised.

BIG BIG STATEMENT.

He who has ears should listen carefully.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by laudate: 12:19pm On Nov 21, 2017
PointB:
Saying Lagos is "No man's land" does not in anyway means we are neglecting the East/Homeland. The idea is to maximize the benefit of Lagos to develop the East.

We must not lose sight of our contributions in Lagos, yet we must capitalize on the gains of those contribution to develop our homeland. We can't just pack up and leave Lagos, nor can anyone run us out of our investments in the growth Lagos. That's why we say "Lagos is No Man's Land." And that's what it will remain in the foreseeable future if Nigeria continue to exist as it is now!

Oga, cut the crap. angry You people say Lagos is a no man's land, simply because you want to spite the indigenes of Lagos, their cultural siblings and other ethnic groups living there. sad

And by saying so, you create enmity between the indigenes, those who share cultural affinity with them and others from different ethnic groups like mine, who have lived there for ages. undecided This is because the Lagos indigenes and Yorubas, then end up viewing the rest of us from other places with hostility and suspicion, even though we have nothing in common with Igbo people like you, who make such asinine statements! Don't make life difficult for others, with your clueless remarks, biko.

Some of us value good relations with our neighbours, even if the rest of you do not. Can you repeat this trash about Lagos being a no man's land in the heart of Olowogbowo, Onikan or Isale Eko?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by laudate: 12:22pm On Nov 21, 2017
Zuluhead:
Tell that clown the truth, o!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by PointB: 12:27pm On Nov 21, 2017
laudate:

Oga, cut the crap. angry You people say Lagos is a no man's land, simply because you want to spite the indigenes of Lagos, their cultural siblings and other ethnic groups living there. sad

And by saying so, you create enmity between the indigenes, those who share cultural affinity with them and others from different ethnic groups like mine, who have lived there for ages. undecided This is because the Lagos indigenes and Yorubas, then end up viewing the rest of us from other places with hostility and suspicion, even though we have nothing in common with Igbo people like you, who make such asinine statements! Don't make life difficult for others, with your clueless remarks biko. Can you repeat this trash about Lagos being a no man's land in the heart of Olowogbowo, Ikeja or Isale Eko?

I don't see people going about offline calling Lagos No Man's Land. Most of these banters are online. Most Lagosians can handle a joke, except simpletons like you who take everything to heart and over-analyze issues. Personally, I don't care if your ox is gored. If people suspect you it's simply because you have not carried yourself well. You should start improving yourself and face things within your control.

What I do online and offline is not within your control. Learn to compartmentalize; let what happen on cyber remain on cyber! You will suffer undue heartache agonizing over my action. I'm sorry, but your cyber existence is of no consequence to me. Bros, you do not matter, you are a text!

2 Likes

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by laudate: 12:31pm On Nov 21, 2017
meforyou1:
which nonsense yoruba land. a prominent lagos indigene from lagos island said in clear terms that lagos is not yorubaland. https://www.nairaland.com/4185186/bini-original-owners-lagos-not
And his assertions were roundly debunked. sad Dont tell me you are still holding on to the claims of that discredited man? Even his family came out to say that he is not from Benin, as their entire family tree have always been from Lagos. Yet, you are still here recycling his claims. Na so your brain small reach?? shocked Bia, are you allergic to the truth?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by donb06: 12:34pm On Nov 21, 2017
am a niger deltan and bliv me we were taught to bliv dt yorubas are highly educated and the igbos also highly educated, are good economists....... these facts i found to b true. if you look at the set of people dt made nigeria proud in pre-independent and immediately after independence era - are yorubas and igbos.am from rivers and if you come over to P.H we realy envy these two tribes. almost all the competitions are won by them, entertainment dominated by them, sports, business world, religion, what i dont understand about this fight is.... is it a battle for supremacy? or is it a curse on nigeria, that the two set of people thats supposed to champion the nigerian course are busy hating themselves. the most disturbing part is that this hatred is championed by the future leaders. am here to say confidently that the biggest loser in this igbo and yoruba rift is neither of them but NIGERIA as a whole.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by laudate: 12:38pm On Nov 21, 2017
PointB:
I don't see people going about offline calling Lagos No Man's Land. Most of these banters are online. Most Lagosians can handle a joke, except simpletons like you who take everything to heart and over-analyze issues. Personally, I don't care if your ox is gored. If people suspect you it's simply because you have not carried yourself well. You should start improving yourself and face things within your control.

What I do online and offline is not within your control. Learn to compartmentalize; let what happen on cyber remain on cyber! You will suffer undue heartache agonizing over my action. I'm sorry, but your cyber existence is of no consequence to me. Bros, you do not matter, you are a text!

You would be shallow, if you think that such statements as the one you made, are simply regarded as online banter. undecided Fake news and false stories such as yours' , have a way of spreading if it is not checked, and before you know it, such tales become legend.

If you like repeating such trash, in order to feel good about yourself, or because it gives you some kind of a high....continue. sad Just remember that to every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. And if you make life difficult for others, through your clueless remarks, then worse things will be visited on you too. It is the law of Karma. Continue sowing petty propaganda and deceit, and see what you would reap!

Finally, you claimed that: "If people suspect you it's simply because you have not carried yourself well." Wow! Was that what led to the pogrom in the 60s up North? Because if we go by your views, then it appears the Igbo did not carry themselves well? Tell us, o! Let us know.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by PointB: 12:39pm On Nov 21, 2017
donb06:
am a niger deltan and bliv me we were taught to bliv dt yorubas are highly educated and the igbos also highly educated, are good economists....... these facts i found to b true. if you look at the set of people dt made nigeria proud in pre-independent and immediately after independence era - are yorubas and igbos.am from rivers and if you come over to P.H we realy envy these two tribes. almost all the competitions are won by them, entertainment dominated by them, sports, business world, religion, what i dont understand about this fight is.... is it a battle for supremacy? or is it a curse on nigeria, that the two set of people thats supposed to champion the nigerian course are busy hating themselves. the most disturbing part is that this hatred is championed by the future leaders. am here to say confidently that the biggest loser in this igbo and yoruba rift is neither of them but NIGERIA as a whole.

Thank you for the comment: Here is simple explanation for the strive:

We the Igbos are very great people and maximum risk takers. The Yorubas are also great people.

We (Igbos) belief the best place to crack the egg is that at the Big End (we love to hit it big), but the Yorubas say they are very sophisticated. They think the egg should be cracked at the small end, they like playing small little tricks. But we have refused to do it their way, and they refuse to do it our way.

So we continue to fight!
Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by PointB: 12:40pm On Nov 21, 2017
[s]
laudate:

You would be shallow, if you think that such statements as the one you made, are simply regarded as online banter. undecided Fake news and false stories such as yours' , have a way of spreading if it is not checked, and before you know it, such tales become legend.

If you like repeating such trash, in order to feel good about yourself, or because it gives you some kind of a high....continue. sad Just remember that to every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. And if you make life difficult for others, through your clueless remarks, then worse things will be visited on you too. It is the law of Karma. Continue sowing petty propaganda and deceit, and see what you would reap!
[/s]

Like I said. You are a text.

What you think, say or do matters little to me.

2 Likes

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by JerryGent(m): 12:48pm On Nov 21, 2017
Mind how you refer people on social media Obiano never said that Igbos own Lagos he said Igbos made Lagos what it is today that should not warrant you to call him a foolish fellow mind you he is a sitting governor
SolidGenius:
True talk! Igbos must start to understand that Lagos will always be yoruba land.

The Foolish Obiano already poured kerosene into this madness.

1 Like

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by fuke(m): 12:52pm On Nov 21, 2017
MightySparrow:
Nonsense thread. Igbo's made Lagos what it is now. Igbo man will one day rule in Oba of Lagos's palace.

Oh yes.
After the second coming of Jesus

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Afflalo(m): 1:00pm On Nov 21, 2017
All Yorubas Must Learn How 2 Be Aggresive Lyk D Hausa/fulani InOrder 2 Chase Dis Flat Head Igbos Away 4rm Lagos State.#shikena

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 21, 2017
Gotze1:
Says a igbo man from the world dirtiest tribe. Aba, umahia, onitsha are the world dirtiest places ....... World health organisation WHO.
world dirtiest tribe??grin grin
i think u will find dat afonjas own dat title

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Anambra Most Indigenous Industrialized State / Orji Uzor-Kalu Launches OUK Entertainment International Limited / Lagos To Phase Out Motorcycles, Danfo –investigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.