Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,993 members, 7,814,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Is It Hard To Find A Job In Nikolaev, Ukraine? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Hard To Find A Job In Nikolaev, Ukraine? (860 Views)

Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. / When She Likes You But Still Playing Hard To Get / Ladies Is Playing Hard To Get Now Obsolete? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Hard To Find A Job In Nikolaev, Ukraine? by oceandeep77: 11:05am On Nov 21, 2017
Is it hard to find a job in Nikolaev, Ukraine?

Hey guys, I have a question… is it hard to find a job in Nikolaev, Ukraine?

My first time in Ukraine was when I joined a singles tour held by A Foreign Affair in the city of Nikolaev. I fell in love in the city and have come to love the city too. I met my now fiance during the tour and I have been visiting whenever there’s opportunity.

I’ve talked with Katiana (my fiance) about us possibly staying in her city and she’s happy about it. We’ve decided to fully settle in the city after the wedding; the big day is in 4 months, it’s a tight stretch but I’d like to find a job before then. I’m a web developer and I’m not sure how in demand my job is in Ukraine. And that I still don’t know how to speak Ukrainian and barely understands the language too.

Can anyone give me tips on how I should approach my job hunt? I’d also like to know if there are companies who would hire someone that can’t speak the language.
Re: Is It Hard To Find A Job In Nikolaev, Ukraine? by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 21, 2017
Give it time. Since you have I.T. skills, look for alist of I.T. companies and send in application in bulk
Re: Is It Hard To Find A Job In Nikolaev, Ukraine? by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 21, 2017
I heard its a beautiful country grin

Re: Is It Hard To Find A Job In Nikolaev, Ukraine? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 21, 2017
IamKashyBaby:
I heard its a beautiful country grin

You heard right. Amazingly intelligent people as well
Re: Is It Hard To Find A Job In Nikolaev, Ukraine? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 21, 2017
KreativGenius:

You heard right. Amazingly intelligent people as well

Actually, Ukraine is on my bucket list for 2019... grin

Re: Is It Hard To Find A Job In Nikolaev, Ukraine? by greencard: 1:32pm On Nov 21, 2017
oceandeep77:

My first time in Ukraine was when I joined a singles tour held by A Foreign Affair in the city of Nikolaev. I fell in love in the city and have come to love the city too. I met my now fiance during the tour and I have been visiting whenever there’s opportunity.

I’ve talked with Katiana (my fiance) about us possibly staying in her city [/b]and she’s happy about it. We’ve decided to fully settle in the city after the wedding; the big day is in 4 months, it’s a tight stretch but I’d like to find a job before then. I’m a web developer and I’m not sure how in demand my job is in Ukraine. And that I still don’t know how to speak Ukrainian and barely understands the language too.

Can anyone give me tips on how I should approach my job hunt? I’d also like to know if there are companies who would hire someone that can’t speak the language.

no offence, but i think you should be asking [b]katiana , she should be the best bet you have since it her city and can speak the language plus she can be teaching you..only except its a made up story from ur imaginations

2 Likes

Re: Is It Hard To Find A Job In Nikolaev, Ukraine? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 21, 2017
IamKashyBaby:

Actually, Ukraine is on my bucket list for 2019... grin

the first half of the year ?
Re: Is It Hard To Find A Job In Nikolaev, Ukraine? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 21, 2017
KreativGenius:

the first half of the year ?

Yes...probably on spring season so it wont be hot and yet its not cold anymore... grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Hard To Find A Job In Nikolaev, Ukraine? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 21, 2017
IamKashyBaby:

Yes...probably on spring season so it wont be hot and yet its not cold anymore... grin

Cool. Best of luck with your trip. Don't forget, stay off Donetsk,Sevastopool and co. grin
Re: Is It Hard To Find A Job In Nikolaev, Ukraine? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 21, 2017
KreativGenius:

Cool. Best of luck with your trip. Don't forget, stay off Donetsk,Sevastopool and co. grin

grin

Prolly I will juz stay in Kiev sha grin But who knows where my feet will take me...but i will remember these places to avoid..

1 Like

Re: Is It Hard To Find A Job In Nikolaev, Ukraine? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 21, 2017
IamKashyBaby:

grin

Prolly I will juz stay in Kiev sha grin But who knows where my feet will take me...but i will remember these places to avoid..

Guessed as much @ Kiev... grin, i guess you intend sliding into Greece during the trip? I saw some videos of some cool resorts in Greece, they hold precious views. ... kiss
Re: Is It Hard To Find A Job In Nikolaev, Ukraine? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 21, 2017
KreativGenius:

Guessed as much @ Kiev... grin, i guess you intend sliding into Greece during the trip? I saw some videos of some cool resorts in Greece, they hold precious views. ... kiss

Probably not..i used to live in Athens last 2007-2009..not a big fan of beaches anyway..

I wanna experience different countries besides im so damn bored here in Asia... undecided I need new places to explore.. grin

Re: Is It Hard To Find A Job In Nikolaev, Ukraine? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 21, 2017
IamKashyBaby:

Probably not..i used to live in Athens last 2007-2009..not a big fan of beaches anyway..

I wanna experience different countries besides im so damn bored here in Asia... undecided I need new places to explore.. grin

Oh I see @ used to live in Athens. The beaches there are out of this world. It's a must that i visit these places.

How about Nigeria? If you need something different or a new experience, how about Nigeria?
Re: Is It Hard To Find A Job In Nikolaev, Ukraine? by nullboss: 2:27pm On Nov 21, 2017
oceandeep77:

I’ve talked with Katiana (my fiance) about us possibly staying in her city and she’s happy about it. We’ve decided to fully settle in the city after the wedding; the big day is in 4 months, it’s a tight stretch but I’d like to find a job before then. I’m a web developer and I’m not sure how in demand my job is in Ukraine. And that I still don’t know how to speak Ukrainian and barely understands the language too.

which language do you code on?
Re: Is It Hard To Find A Job In Nikolaev, Ukraine? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 21, 2017
KreativGenius:

Oh I see @ used to live in Athens. The beaches there are out of this world. It's a must that i visit these places.

How about Nigeria? If you need something different or a new experience, how about Nigeria?

Hahahaa...funny thing is..last summer i went to Nigeria embassy to ask how to process a visa if i wanna visit this country...HABA! this lady told me to check it online..

When i saw the requirements sha, its outrageous...Imagine, one of their requirements that really made me think if its really worth to visit Ng are 2 sets medical certificates , an approved letter from my company that I will visit Ng, itinerary ticket(round trip) etc..

This is juz crazy requirements from ur embassy ooo grin I never thought they are very strict.. grin
Re: Is It Hard To Find A Job In Nikolaev, Ukraine? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 21, 2017
IamKashyBaby:

Hahahaa...funny thing is..last summer i went to Nigeria embassy to ask how to process a visa if i wanna visit this country...HABA! this lady told me to check it online..

When i saw the requirements sha, its outrageous...Imagine, one of their requirements that really made me think if its really worth to visit Ng are 2 sets medical certificates , an approved letter from my company that I will visit Ng, itinerary ticket(round trip) etc..

This is juz crazy requirements from ur embassy ooo grin I never thought they are very strict.. grin

I'm sure you'll love the trip. It's going to be worth it, you can trust me on this counsel.

If you need freshness, something completely differently from your typical " Asian culture " Nigeria's the best place to visit
Re: Is It Hard To Find A Job In Nikolaev, Ukraine? by Stanley1155: 3:08pm On Nov 21, 2017
Is Ukraine in Nigeria if not i dont know why you are asking us. the so called Nikolaev is not even a popular city.
Re: Is It Hard To Find A Job In Nikolaev, Ukraine? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 21, 2017
oceandeep77:

bro how hard is Ukraine's visa hassle?
Re: Is It Hard To Find A Job In Nikolaev, Ukraine? by Nobody: 6:12am On Nov 22, 2017
IamKashyBaby:

You don't need all that for a tourist visa. Go and check again.
Re: Is It Hard To Find A Job In Nikolaev, Ukraine? by MissRaine69(f): 6:31am On Nov 22, 2017
You need to learn how to speak Ukrainian pronto! English is not that widely spoke in the Ukraine and secondly your qualifications might not be recognised and then what? Kiev is wonderful but not racially diverse and it seems you are not even going there you might want to consider another country that said I am sure you have considered the realities that await you.
Good luck
Re: Is It Hard To Find A Job In Nikolaev, Ukraine? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 22, 2017
Issokay if u can't speak Ukrainian. U can enrol in a class and or Google translate is ur friend. My 2cent

(1) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Be In-love With Two people At The Same Time ? / Slay Queen Who Vowed To Snatch People's Hubby Has Dropped Another. Photos. / Top 10 Signs You're Below The Poverty Line,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.